Safariland Employee Reviews in United States

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 4, 2015
Management allows for professional development across the divisions which allows for several promotions throughout the group in all locations and divisions.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
401k
Terrible Environment / Toxic
Employee (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2016
Ok place to work but not a career choice by any means. Very hostile and no one knows when they get to go home or if they will have the weekend off. Very little reason is ever given, transparency from management to employees does not exist.
Cons
benefits are not worth it
Company has grown to be very productive of the past several years.
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2012
Job daily consists of 80 to 90% of time walking and standing during inspections, material verification and testing. Learned lean practices and quality inspection processes. Management believed I had good instincts for the job. I worked with a very skilled set of associates and enjoyed working the lines and processes very much.
For me the walking was the hardest part of the job it tended to wear one down. Enjoyed the inspection process verifying the assembly was complete and met specifications.
Pros
medical benifits, bonusus, stock pay out and vacation time.
Cash applications
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 14, 2015
This is a career based job. This position is one that you could make a living off of. The job is expendable though. You could be replaced by machine so there is no garuntee of keeping this position. With advancement in technology things may change for your position within a company
i liked it
Cutter Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2015
i liked working there nothing really bad bout the place but the lack of knowing how the warehouse operates from the head guys other then that not a bad place to work but the long hours
Safety Oriented Company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CaliforniaOctober 21, 2015
Managed employees for 14 years. Maintained a high degree of safety in the area along with strict 5s qualities. Mentored, motivated and counseled employees on a daily basis. Met and exceeded production goals. Had an excellent set of co-workers. Reaching and exceeding company goals was what i strived for...
Toxic environment
analyst (Former Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 2, 2015
Beware of joining this company. Callous treatment of people, hire and fire mentality. Old boy network in senior management are only looking out for themselves and their own security.
Pros
good people in the workforce
Cons
Cannot trust management
Good people manufacturing and delivering quality products on time.
General Manager, Automotive Division (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 11, 2014
Challenging job
Competitive benefits
Talented group of co-workers, who worked together as a team.
Fun work place
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2012
My typical day at work it fun and very informative .There is allways something new to learn and i like a challange.My co workers are more than that were like a big family.Like are motto "Together We Safe Lives.I think i work for of the best management team in the world.I love the support I get from my team.The hardest part of my job is not taking work home with me. Meaning i cant live without it.The most enjoyable part of my job is that at the end of the day I know that I have provided a quality product that is of the best quality.
Pros
very informative
Cons
the pay
Productive and Fun. Everyone there cares about you as a person.
Supervisor of Returns & Alterations (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 14, 2012
A typical day at work was productive and enjoyable. What I learn was how to be a great supervisor and how to treat and appriciate all employees. Management there is very number driven but overall care about you as a person first. Co-workers are very caring want to know who you really are and love to know everything about you. Hardest part of job was going home knowing you could of done more. The most enjoyable part of the job was "SAVING LIVES".
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great working emvironment
Revceiver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville,FlMarch 17, 2015
I loved working at Safariland, and would definitely return if ever I may return to Jacksonville,Fl. Reasonable hours and pay was good, friendly work environment.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Commute
Good idea, bad execution
Marketing Employee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 12, 2015
I enjoyed the variety of work. One day working on a catalog, the next perhaps photography or web imagery or environmental graphics etc. Good variety of work.

The idea of "Together, we save lives" is taken seriously at the company but the execution of any/all things marketing has been miserable at best. The company has tried several times to make changes that improve these shortcomings, but seems to continue to make one mistake on repeat: Making decisions in complete isolation of employee input (and also MOSTLY lacking input from the consumer base). If employees who did the day to day operations were consulted with and the consumer base who was being marketed to was tapped as a resource, i think the decision making would have been more effective and in a more timely fashion.

Pros:
Majority of the company truly believes in the mantra "Together we save lives" and coming to work everyday for this noble cause is genuinely gratifying, Immediate teams within the company seem to operate effectively within multiple divisions of the company, my immediate team was a pleasure to work with, With little exception everyone acts in a professional manner on a daily basis

Cons:
Upward mobility is virtually non-existent, Management very rarely listens to employees and tends to make decisions void of the input from the people "in the field" or with the expertise to add value to the decision making, Accountability is requested and expected of anyone below Director level but there seems to be very little accountability above that level when it comes to equipping employees to perform the
  more... job they are assigned or when it comes to observing logic and/or current industry trends and affecting change • Little respect is given to the end-user audience, Repeated refusal to utilize focus groups & put into action surveys or other ways to get a genuine method of connecting to consumers, Little respect is given to design/marketing process  less
ok company, very stiff atomashpere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJanuary 8, 2014
This company nice, very structured. King of militant, no one seemed to be a team everyone was like for themselves.
Cons
the pay wasnt that great, no advancement in the company
A great company with a lot of challenges to learn from
Senior Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 29, 2013
In this company I had the opportunity to learn because of the challenges presented, I was able to have the challenge of do the tasks of both me and my supervisor for several months when she resigned
Pros
great gm team
Cons
recently sold to private investors
The projects and tasks are challenging and interesting
Project Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 22, 2012
Overall the department I work with is a group of good engineers and technicians. Each of us have taken leadership rolls to manage and produce new products or research studies for the militrary and police forces around the world.
Amazing Mission
Buyer II Direct/MRO Indirect - Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2014
Great Company
Future Oriented
Improvements always in motion
Rewarding Mission
Good company to work for
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2014
There are people who have worked here for over 15 years. There are a lot of long term people here. People seem to be happy and stay.
Producer of Products you can feel proud of being a part of
Production Supervisor II - Forensics (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2014
A company that sets out to make a difference in the protection of law enforcement of all types.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 15, 2013
I enjoyed working with the company and working with the people I worked with.
Pros
learned about all the ballistic vest police officers and swat team wore
Good place to brings children.
Head Technician (Current Employee) –  Villa Park, ILNovember 28, 2012
A various amount of amusement devices to please children of all ages.