Safe Auto Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Great place to work, very beneficial
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hemingway, SCFebruary 8, 2017
Fun workplace like family was very productive to work. Everybody work together, some good days and some bad days, but overall we got the job done. I love my job and what I did to help the consumers.
Pros
breakfast snack and lunch snack, prize give away
Cons
good healthcare benefits
Not a very fun place to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJanuary 31, 2017
Not very family oriented for a live outside of work. Rarely ever have a weekend off or even a weekend day. The management is poor quality and has lost concern for employees.
Okay.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2017
This is the strictest job I've ever worked at. They have a 0 tolerance for being late or anything. The building is really big so I would suggest arriving to work at least 45 minutes early.
Pros
Good work schedules & flexible
Cons
Bad traffic
worked with some and met some nice people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hemingway, SCDecember 16, 2016
Sold car insurance over the phone. Took credit payments and made sure individuals could pay with western union, or other forms of payment. Lisceend to sell insurance.
Best job I've ever had
Workforce Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2016
By far the best employer I have ever had. Compensation could be slightly better but benefits are top notch. Management is actually concerned with individual success and development and listens to employee concerns. Many opportunities to move within the company, very supportive of professional development.
Bad managers, benefits suck.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 27, 2016
very high turn over rate, no pay increase only bonus checks at the end of the year. All of the supervisors just sit and talk and no one answers your help email. You get four hours of vacation time every two weeks and that is it.
If you are offered a better job please take it. They never fix there phone system and customers are always complaining about it.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, vto
Cons
Short breaks, benefits, pay, supervisors
Results focused culture
Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 29, 2016
A very collaborative culture focused on business results. Strong leadership team with a desire to make good economic decisions based on observable data.
Not a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 27, 2016
Mis-managment. Long hours for low pay. You would get wrote up for appointments. They called it an occurrence. Even if they knew of the appointment. You would need to have time built up in your bucket to make appointments. Not family friendly.
Cons
mis managmnt
Awful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMay 16, 2016
this place is awful the training you get in orientation is no good you are told to ask for help from a supervisor through a email when there are plenty available but none want to help. I was fired because I told someone they get their full refund back if they cancelled their policy I'm sorry but its not my fault I did not get the proper training in orientation this company rips people off for their money.
Excellent Place to work
Safe Auto Insurance Company (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 12, 2016
Customer care representative position where my customer relations experience can be fully utilized to improve customer satisfaction and enhance the company brand name.
Great learning expierience for insurance field.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 21, 2016
Safe auto isn't an extremely difficult job, however there are a lot of policies that could be revised to better serve the customer.
Pros
hour lunches, and co workers
Cons
Pay raises and entry level rate and training.
Nice place to work with lots of overtime possibilities.
Claims Customer Service blended Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 18, 2015
Good job with security, some supervisors are great while others aren't. Lots of overtime possibilities but not very flexible with time off, home life or even emergencies. They don't put their employees first.
Pros
Free lunches, overtime and advancement opportunities
Cons
Must wait 3 months for benefits, not likely you will get to take a vacation when you schedule it.
Good pay and close to home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHAugust 8, 2015
This job provided me with money to pay the bills without having to travel far. I had a lot of help from my coworkers when starting out as well.
Call center job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHAugust 3, 2015
Basic call center job. You have to fight for a pleasant atmosphere because most of your day is placating unhappy customers. Hours of shift not ideal, personally.
Pros
Air conditioned building
Cons
Almost no room for advancement
****************
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 16, 2015
Inbound sales rep. Answered phones for incoming quotes and policies. Fun place to work, moved out of state.

I like call center atmosphere.
A
CSR, Licensed Insurance Agent in 16 states (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 2, 2015
Very great benefits, only left due to moving out of state. Great company to work for. Would love to return to the company.
Insurance Agent
Insurance Agent / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hemingway, SCJune 23, 2015
I took incoming telephone calls to quote and sell automobile insurance. I also assisted with policy information as well as processed check and debit card payments for the policy to become active.
Pros
Working for commission as well as hourly wages.
Cons
The company wen out of business in Hemingway, SC
Great entry level employer
Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 23, 2015
This position introduced me to the insurance industry. Great location and learning of most insurance products. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture and being off on weekends.
Pros
Strong employee culture
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHApril 24, 2015
Safe Auto isn't a bad job but some of the satellite offices are a little cut off from corporate. If they tried to incorporate the other offices more, then I think that could make a huge difference in morale.
Pros
Overtime offered regularly
Cons
scheduled breaks, lunches. time off is hard to get.
Fun place to work, very fast paced
Customer Service Representative, Sales (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 20, 2015
Safe Auto is a fabulous place to work. The management team works with you every step of the way. I had never worked Call Center before this and I really did like it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safe Auto Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Safe Auto Insurance Company Reviews by Location