Safe Auto Insurance Company Employee Reviews in United States

Awful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMay 16, 2016
this place is awful the training you get in orientation is no good you are told to ask for help from a supervisor through a email when there are plenty available but none want to help. I was fired because I told someone they get their full refund back if they cancelled their policy I'm sorry but its not my fault I did not get the proper training in orientation this company rips people off for their money.
Excellent Place to work
Safe Auto Insurance Company (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 12, 2016
Customer care representative position where my customer relations experience can be fully utilized to improve customer satisfaction and enhance the company brand name.
Nice place to work with lots of overtime possibilities.
Claims Customer Service blended Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 18, 2015
Good job with security, some supervisors are great while others aren't. Lots of overtime possibilities but not very flexible with time off, home life or even emergencies. They don't put their employees first.
Pros
Free lunches, overtime and advancement opportunities
Cons
Must wait 3 months for benefits, not likely you will get to take a vacation when you schedule it.
Good pay and close to home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHAugust 8, 2015
This job provided me with money to pay the bills without having to travel far. I had a lot of help from my coworkers when starting out as well.
Call center job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHAugust 3, 2015
Basic call center job. You have to fight for a pleasant atmosphere because most of your day is placating unhappy customers. Hours of shift not ideal, personally.
Pros
Air conditioned building
Cons
Almost no room for advancement
****************
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 16, 2015
Inbound sales rep. Answered phones for incoming quotes and policies. Fun place to work, moved out of state.

I like call center atmosphere.
A
CSR, Licensed Insurance Agent in 16 states (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 2, 2015
Very great benefits, only left due to moving out of state. Great company to work for. Would love to return to the company.
Insurance Agent
Insurance Agent / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hemingway, SCJune 23, 2015
I took incoming telephone calls to quote and sell automobile insurance. I also assisted with policy information as well as processed check and debit card payments for the policy to become active.
Pros
Working for commission as well as hourly wages.
Cons
The company wen out of business in Hemingway, SC
Great entry level employer
Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 23, 2015
This position introduced me to the insurance industry. Great location and learning of most insurance products. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture and being off on weekends.
Pros
Strong employee culture
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHApril 24, 2015
Safe Auto isn't a bad job but some of the satellite offices are a little cut off from corporate. If they tried to incorporate the other offices more, then I think that could make a huge difference in morale.
Pros
Overtime offered regularly
Cons
scheduled breaks, lunches. time off is hard to get.
Fun place to work, very fast paced
Customer Service Representative, Sales (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 20, 2015
Safe Auto is a fabulous place to work. The management team works with you every step of the way. I had never worked Call Center before this and I really did like it.
Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 6, 2015
my experience at Safeauto was wonderful! I love the people I worked with, our supervisors were awesome and knowledgeable, since they came from within the employee pool we knew them and respected their knowledge well. It was a fast paced environment most of the time with a mix of customer types. we were well trained to maintain compliance with the insurance laws of each state we served.
Pros
The people I worked with were a team, the whole center worked for the common goal: provide the best product for the cdustomer.
Cons
Corporate rode our backs like mules, document things that took up time that they dinged us for taking, the extra documentaiton got in the way of serving the customer, this caused mistakes to be made
Small office atmosphere
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHJanuary 31, 2015
I enjoy the challenges that a job in any field such as this can provide. I have interacted with clients who were happy and some who were not so happy. I learned how to handle calls with the most difficult of clients and enjoy my job. The most difficult part of the job is being consistent with each client when you have just finished with a not so pleasant client. The best part of the job is interacting with people and providing a bright spot in their day by showing interest in my clients needs.
Pros
i work full time
Cons
sales commission needs reevaluated
Nice Environment
CSR (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJanuary 21, 2015
I like my job here at SAIC but I do not agree with the scheduling.... we are open 24/7 and I am a blended rep who does not make enought money.... the management team here at Safeauto seem like they do not care about our personal lives... (children, family)...
Pros
desk job
Cons
short breaks, do not work with you and your personal life
Perfessional Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hemingway, SCJanuary 16, 2015
I Provided a connection between insurance customers and the companies that provide policies.
I Answered questions and complaints that customers have regarding their policy.I Provided information to potential new customers who have questions regarding service, coverage and costs.
I Reviewed the customer's policy to answer questions regarding coverage and claims.
auto claims adjuster
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  columbus , ohioNovember 23, 2014
good management the workload was just too much for me. Great team enviorment. typical day was spent on the phone talking to customers. co workers were great. hardest part of the job was the angry customers. Most enjoyable part of the day was the team envoirment.
It seems to be a difficult environment and lack of job security.
Financial Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 29, 2014
Management does not acknowledge hard work or even say thank you. If you don't have a CPA they frown on you even if you have 30 plus years experience.
Pros
they have a cafeteria
Cons
they don't staff positions well. overtime is expected and not compensated.
, great town to work in , people there were wonderful, and we had a hour for lunch
CSR (Former Employee) –  Hemingway, SCJune 2, 2014
Safe Auto was a good company to work for I learn so much there, my co-workers were excellent, they were the best, everybody was like family there, the hardest part of the job was, listing to the customers stating they did not have the money to make there insurance payment and did not want there policy to cancel.
The training
Spanish/English Call Center -Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COMay 22, 2014
You where able learn all the time books, videos, class, training.
Pros
learning
Cons
they closed the building
CSR (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 28, 2014
On a daily basis here at Safe Auto is on day to day basis as far as the calls you recieve.On every call, you have no idea what type of call or person you may be dealing with. As far as the co-workers and mangement they are great. The best part of my job is making our customers happy and going above and beyond to make that happen. I have been working in customer service for the past 17 years and what I have learned is don't take anything personal and make sure the customer is happy with their needs no matter what the issue may be.From my experience,one of the hardest parts of the job is no matter what you do to try to help a customer there is nothing you can do. I enjoy my job for the most part, Im just looking to better my career.
Pros
the pros pertaining to the comany is health insurance and 2 wks vacation
Cons
the cons to the company is you are gave 40 hours sick time, but if you try to use it its considered an occurance.