Safe Auto Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Disposable employees
Just another brick in the wall (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 10, 2017
Pretty much every one outside of the executive team is disposable. Long hours, poor pay & unreasonable expectations. The executive team is only concerned with padding their resumes and increasing their bonus. There is a huge effort to off shore as many positions as possible.
Pros
Its marginally better than being unemployed
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, out of touch upper management.
Religious Cult Member
Um. (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 16, 2017
Religious Cult Member in management, beware. Oh and beware, the supervisors all are supporting cult members. Hr lady is ridicuolous to day the least. RUN!!!
Pros
Cafeteria is nice
Cons
Um... well bring your bible
Over worked and underpaid
Bodily Injury Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 2, 2017
Over the past year Safe Auto has undergone big management changes and with those changes came big work environment changes. There has been a shift to all customer service which is understandable given the product however work life balance and employee happiness has been left behind.
Stressful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2017
SafeAuto started off as being the ideal job then there was a change in what was expected with those who were customer service reps. We were force to become sales reps or lose your job. The company has no loyalty to it's employees. Most of the customer service reps have worked with safeauto for 3 to 5 years. Most Reps were given 1 month to prepare for a test that the state gives 6 months to prepare for. Most reps felt that was an injustice done to them.
Pros
Great job if you are a sales person
Cons
SafeAuto has taken 2 jobs and combine them into 1
Family
Sr. Representative (Former Employee) –  Hemingway, SCJuly 25, 2017
What can I say? I was employed with SAIC for a long time. How I miss my coworkers! I truly loved this job with all of my heart!! We had lunch together, had picnics together, we cried together, fought together! Wow such a wonderful company to work for. I will forever that SA in my heart. I miss and loved all of my coworkes!!
Wonderful company to work for
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hemingway, SCJuly 24, 2017
The best job I've had. I loved my job and the people that worked there. Too bad it had to close down. I hope it was just a terrible dream. I really miss the job that I worked for 7 years.
Pros
Great pay, Great benefits, and wonderful work environment
Cons
When the call center closed down.
Great learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodsfield, OHJuly 23, 2017
Learned a lot about the insurance business...some job out sourcing in the past year! Busy fast pace growing company with some opportunity to move up the corporate ladder.
This was a call center enviornment
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 11, 2017
As a Processor, my day consisted of processing applications and reviewing for completion. As a Sales Agent, my day consisted of taking incoming calls from customers interested in purchasing auto insurance, processing new applications and renewals. The hardest part of the job was the schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the business of selling insurance and helping people.
Pros
I learned a new skill
Cons
Second shift work schedule
Great place to work, very beneficial
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hemingway, SCFebruary 8, 2017
Fun workplace like family was very productive to work. Everybody work together, some good days and some bad days, but overall we got the job done. I love my job and what I did to help the consumers.
Pros
breakfast snack and lunch snack, prize give away
Cons
good healthcare benefits
Not a very fun place to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJanuary 31, 2017
Not very family oriented for a live outside of work. Rarely ever have a weekend off or even a weekend day. The management is poor quality and has lost concern for employees.
Okay.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2017
This is the strictest job I've ever worked at. They have a 0 tolerance for being late or anything. The building is really big so I would suggest arriving to work at least 45 minutes early.
Pros
Good work schedules & flexible
Cons
Bad traffic
Straight Forward. Not Enough room for Developement.
Bilingual Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Typical day consisted of back to back calls with only seconds of a break in between. Very fast paced environment environment. Main goal of the day was to take as many calls as possible. Typically in a day i would take anywhere from 50-80 calls. I am grateful for them, if it had not been for SafeAuto i would not have the position i have today nor the experience.
Pros
Great relationships with employess, great conversation with clients
Cons
Managers were not in line with eachother which made it hard to receive answers to issues.
worked with some and met some nice people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hemingway, SCDecember 16, 2016
Sold car insurance over the phone. Took credit payments and made sure individuals could pay with western union, or other forms of payment. Lisceend to sell insurance.
Best job I've ever had
Workforce Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2016
By far the best employer I have ever had. Compensation could be slightly better but benefits are top notch. Management is actually concerned with individual success and development and listens to employee concerns. Many opportunities to move within the company, very supportive of professional development.
Bad managers, benefits suck.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 27, 2016
very high turn over rate, no pay increase only bonus checks at the end of the year. All of the supervisors just sit and talk and no one answers your help email. You get four hours of vacation time every two weeks and that is it.
If you are offered a better job please take it. They never fix there phone system and customers are always complaining about it.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, vto
Cons
Short breaks, benefits, pay, supervisors
Results focused culture
Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 29, 2016
A very collaborative culture focused on business results. Strong leadership team with a desire to make good economic decisions based on observable data.
Not a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 27, 2016
Mis-managment. Long hours for low pay. You would get wrote up for appointments. They called it an occurrence. Even if they knew of the appointment. You would need to have time built up in your bucket to make appointments. Not family friendly.
Cons
mis managmnt
Awful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMay 16, 2016
this place is awful the training you get in orientation is no good you are told to ask for help from a supervisor through a email when there are plenty available but none want to help. I was fired because I told someone they get their full refund back if they cancelled their policy I'm sorry but its not my fault I did not get the proper training in orientation this company rips people off for their money.
Excellent Place to work
Safe Auto Insurance Company (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 12, 2016
Customer care representative position where my customer relations experience can be fully utilized to improve customer satisfaction and enhance the company brand name.
Great learning expierience for insurance field.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 21, 2016
Safe auto isn't an extremely difficult job, however there are a lot of policies that could be revised to better serve the customer.
Pros
hour lunches, and co workers
Cons
Pay raises and entry level rate and training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safe Auto Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Safe Auto Insurance Company Reviews by Location