SAFE CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews

Do not work here!
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 11, 2017
When I first started two years ago it was great. Management actually cared about you and we looked out for one another. However we just got a new CEO and and he is horrible. Everything is sales oriented now. Managers and supervisors sit with you on every transaction to push sales. We were just told in a meeting that we should not give members a chance to say no. We should tell them we are signing them up for something or running an application without giving them a choice. In essence we should bully members into saying yes.
Pros
Non existent
Cons
Lots and lots of Micro managing
Great place to work for.
AVP Mortgage Loan Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 21, 2016
The people, management were a pleasure to work for. I loved managing 11 branches and then building a mortgage loan team. I exceeded my goals all 10 years.
Pros
evrything
Cons
mortgage loan products.
Great people to work with
Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 7, 2016
I loved this job. the pay is great and they have a great training program. they really push you to elevate and be better. I would recommend this company to anyone that is in the banking world.
Marketing management is terrible
Senior Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 3, 2016
SAFE's benefits are wonderful and for the most part, it's a good place to work. There are some key people trying to make a positive impact within the company and I applaud their efforts. The new CEO is a wonderful person, and I think he will do great things for the members and community.

Unfortunately, the management within the marketing department is terrible. The turnover is high within this department, and there are more managers and supervisors than actual employees.

Communication is horrible and this leads to many errors within the department and an overall tense work environment. Because of the lack of leadership, the managers spend more time resolving errors, and blaming employees than they do on evolving marketing plans for the future of the organization.

The unfortunate part is that the work is usually done on time, but the main marketing manager is not organized enough to approve materials. Therefore, marketing materials are never delivered on time, and other departments suffer. This makes the entire team look bad.
Pros
Work/Life balance, benefits
Cons
Terrible management
good place to work for bad management
Processed member (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 31, 2016
Enjoyable part of thee job were the members and some of the co-worker. Management showed favoritism and no empathy for employers.
marketing management makes it difficult for communication specialists
Senior Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAApril 29, 2016
The marketing department environment at SAFE is very difficult for communications specialists. The VP is vague when communicating what he expects and wants. He is is rarely in the office, and when he is, he is constantly changing projects at the very last minute and calling impromptu unstructured meetings that last two hours. This causes confusion among staff members and results in mistakes. The creative atmosphere in this department is damaged due to micromanaging. There have been incidents in which communications specialists ideas were ridiculed in front of other team members. No trust. No respect. Poor communication. Coworkers are great, but management is a problem.
Pros
Excellent benefits and good pay
Cons
poor marketing management
Wonderful experience.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Rio Linda, CAMarch 8, 2016
Working with SAFE Credit Union to create a student-run bank on a high school campus has been amazing.I love working with the people and the other students.
Fun people, bad mamangement
Call Center Loan Officer III (Former Employee) –  sacramento caJuly 20, 2015
Like all call centers this place will manage your every move. The career pathing system is tiered so you have rep I rep II ect. Favoritism is huge. Great pay. Not flexible with scheduling.
Pros
good pay great co-workers
Cons
unpersonal management
Professional corporation with a high regard for its employees!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJune 3, 2015
Very detailed and exciting duties working with a smart, caring executive team! Working for a large corporation was very educating and rewarding. SAFE has such a wonderful training program for its employees.
Customer Oriented
Member Service Representative/Teller (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 6, 2015
Accurately and efficiently processing and recording routine transactions for bank customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing loan payments and money transfers. Throughout each day we make sure to promote and advise members on the bank's products and services.
Very productive work environemt
Work Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Every day I start my day by reading through emails and voicemails. Through the day I help members with servicing, account opening, loan servicing, loan processing, loan applications, CD servicing, IRA servicing, and audits. I have learned about the policies and procedures of the credit union. I have also learned how to deepen relationships with members. My management has been very helpful with coaching and training.
Pros
Building great relationships with members
Cons
Getting interrupted in the middle of work
Productive with lots of room for advancement
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  North Highlands, CADecember 30, 2014
Micro managing, strict on breaks/lunches. Learns a lot about the banking institution.
Super positive, up building environment with a focus on success through teamwork.
Benefit and Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 23, 2014
Challenging and rewarding daily duties
I learned organizational skills as well as prioritizing
Management was positive and up lifting, worked for the success of direct reports
Co-workers were very professional and a pleasure to work with
Most difficult part of job was bi-weekly orientation presentations to sometimes large groups of new hires
Most enjoyable was working to serve the employees
Pros
Positive culture
Cons
There were none
Credit Union
Work Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2014
If you like sales, this is the place for you. If not, its probably best to look elsewhere.
Customer focused credit union
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAAugust 25, 2014
Everyone at SafeCU has been exrtemly kind, open and willing to assist. The company as a whole is more customer oriented then any company I have worked for.
Benefits
Cons
No branches in Contra Costa County
Very poor management at tthe executive level.
AVP Mortgage Loan Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento CaliforniaAugust 23, 2014
Management makes decisions without the proper facts, just by emotion.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Senior management
Amazing leadership team.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2014
Co-workers and leadership are amazing. Working bank hours is always a plus. Small call center so everyone works together.
Pros
45 min lunch
Cons
No overtime
If you're coming from a large financial institution, start at another CU
ACCOUNT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Watt AveJune 30, 2014
The antiquated DOS and DOT Matrix systems were a nightmare to work with. The system holds redundancies that dramatically slow the productivity of the day. For as long as it takes to get through simple tasks like account servicing and even certificate servicing, there is absolutely no way to reach high numbers, because your day is a little preoccupied.
Pros
closed sundays
Cons
if you get stuck with the wrong manager, you'll never advance and never leave that branch
Encouraging Work Environment
Branch Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAJune 4, 2014
SAFE has an amazing training program for all positions that provides the necessary tools to be successful. There is a strong career pathing program which allows employees to know where they are going and how to promote. Customer service is a huge focus, which sets the company apart from other institutions.
Call Center- Nightmare enviorment w/no stability or room for advancement unless you're a Manager/Supervisor Favorite!
Call Center Rep II (Former Employee) –  Call Center North Highlands, CaFebruary 5, 2014
My overall experience in the Safe Call Center was sub-par. Without my other department co-workers, I would've never lasted as long as I did. To much micro management/favoritism when it comes to the Managers/Supervisors! Supervisors have NO personal care for employees. Amy Copper only cares about her #'s vs. Employees. Amber Mitchell Asst. Manager of Call Center had to much favoritism and B.S. you all the time! The Call Center environment was poor with too many kids being hired. Unprofessional attitude, no proper training. Turnover is EXTREMELY HIGH! Supervisors/WTL Nicole Smith, Elise Page, & Brandy Powers, find any way to snitch anything about you if they don't like you. Not a fun place to work. Great supervisors were Tiffany Whitaker, Marisa Root & Ashley Wagner!
Pros
Co-workers stick together, Employees make the Call Center enjoyable
Cons
Manager/Supervisors (To much Favoritism), To many women vs men!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAFE CREDIT UNION. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5