SAFE CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews

Producitve and fun
Safe Credit Union Internship (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAFebruary 4, 2018
Good Work place, learned more on how to handle money. Always dressing in business causal. Always keeping your eye on your surrounding. Everyone is patient and friendly to be around
Strong Credit Union with Good Leadership
Financial Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Depending on your department you can move up. Unfortunately, some departments don't offer much mobility into leadership positions so you want to make sure you leverage yourself to be in a position for advancement.
Fast paced
Teller (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 25, 2018
A lot of different duties to perform and a huge amount of customer contact, 99% handling of money on a daily basis, balancing, upselling different types of products
Wonderful Internship Opportunity
Internship (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJanuary 15, 2018
I did an internship for SAFE for my high school Business Program. I learned a lot from working this internship and would highly recommend this as a great place to work.
pretty okay
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 14, 2018
it was fun working there. staff is good and efficient. management is very caring and flexible. The benefits are much better than previous job and working conditions are safe.
Cut throat sale pressure
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 1, 2017
Management lack compassion. Sales were very competitive. Employee Services only looked for the company and not the employees. Company did not for family and work balance.
Pros
Pay
Employee/member focused environment
Real Estate Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 25, 2017
Great alternative to a major bank with focus on their employees and customers (Members). Focused on smart growth and keep a balance between growth and the member experience.
I was just an intern
During my internship, I (Former Employee) –  Orangevale, CASeptember 28, 2017
I was just an intern but I really liked the environment there! everyone that works at Safe is always trying to help! no bad things to say about them at all!
Decent Company, Far commute
Commercial Lending System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 7, 2017
SAFE is a good company to work, they focus on the member experience and it shows in the branches. Unfortunately, the commute is too far from my current location
Teller/ Banker
SR Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJune 28, 2017
I assist members with transaction request, train new tellers, audit daily work, account and loan maintenance. As a SR rep I work as a teller and a banker, where ever I am needed.
Productive fast pace helpful environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2017
On a regular work day I'm able to assist members with all of thier banking needs. I love the fact that i can help people on a daily basis. I have learned banking skills and call center skills i have never had before. workplace is team environment. Hardest part of the job is short tempered members, what i love about my job is helping people
Pros
Banking Experience
Cons
short tempered members
Wonderful room for advancement
Senior Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 1, 2017
This business had an amazing opportunity for advancement witching the company since they are a small local company. The training was always great and the office environment was wonderful
Great Internship for highschoolers
MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 24, 2017
This is a great experience for though who are interested in getting into the financial world. You'll be taught a lot of leadership skills and how banking works. You learn the difference between what the Credit Union and the bank are. High recommented
Family oriented work environment
Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 28, 2017
Safe has been my second home. They are willing to work with you and family life. They have really amazing health coverage and a good retirement package.
Pros
Beautiful location
Do not work here!
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 11, 2017
When I first started two years ago it was great. Management actually cared about you and we looked out for one another. However we just got a new CEO and and he is horrible. Everything is sales oriented now. Managers and supervisors sit with you on every transaction to push sales. We were just told in a meeting that we should not give members a chance to say no. We should tell them we are signing them up for something or running an application without giving them a choice. In essence we should bully members into saying yes.
Pros
Non existent
Cons
Lots and lots of Micro managing
Great place to work for.
AVP Mortgage Loan Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 21, 2016
The people, management were a pleasure to work for. I loved managing 11 branches and then building a mortgage loan team. I exceeded my goals all 10 years.
Pros
evrything
Cons
mortgage loan products.
Great people to work with
Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 7, 2016
I loved this job. the pay is great and they have a great training program. they really push you to elevate and be better. I would recommend this company to anyone that is in the banking world.
High-pressure work environment with sales expectations
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2016
I have been working at safe for one year now, and have yet to see or hear about a promotion. I'm very surprised as big of a company as safe is, how long it takes for one to move up. I feel like I have to "fit in" to be acknowledged and recognized as an employee. Management isn't as helpful as I had thought they would be, especially as a new employee, when your learning everything new.
Pros
Great benefits, cash incentives
Cons
Favoritism, lack of advancement
Marketing management is terrible
Senior Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 3, 2016
SAFE's benefits are wonderful and for the most part, it's a good place to work. There are some key people trying to make a positive impact within the company and I applaud their efforts. The new CEO is a wonderful person, and I think he will do great things for the members and community.

Unfortunately, the management within the marketing department is terrible. The turnover is high within this department, and there are more managers and supervisors than actual employees.

Communication is horrible and this leads to many errors within the department and an overall tense work environment. Because of the lack of leadership, the managers spend more time resolving errors, and blaming employees than they do on evolving marketing plans for the future of the organization.

The unfortunate part is that the work is usually done on time, but the main marketing manager is not organized enough to approve materials. Therefore, marketing materials are never delivered on time, and other departments suffer. This makes the entire team look bad.
Pros
Work/Life balance, benefits
Cons
Terrible management
good place to work for bad management
Processed member (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 31, 2016
Enjoyable part of thee job were the members and some of the co-worker. Management showed favoritism and no empathy for employers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAFE CREDIT UNION. Our community is ready to answer.