Safe Haven Security Employee Reviews

This company is the absolute worst company Ever !
M.A.P candiate. SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh NCMarch 11, 2017
This company prides it self on being the 2nd largest and how much money you can make. The recruiters ALL lie to you. They have horrible communication between Branch Managers and National Sales Team. Dont be fooled it is a complete waste of time and energy. The first thing they will say when someone knows they're not what they clam to be they say you could not do the job and you dint work hard. Trust me . They fire people after two weeks if you dont get a Sale and i wasnt fired btw.They promise you world class training when its nothing more than a manipulating script , that basically talks you out of the Sale... pittiful!

They dint even give me a badge to prove who i was when i visited to clients homes !

Not even a Shirt !

No paperwork was completed for me.

If you truely are looking for a rewarding career, and beleive in being successful. I would highly encourage you to look elsewhere...

They are horrible or at least the team i was on... They say you will have a GPS that tracks you, Not true. You have to use your cell phone to get directions to the next house. They say they have Leads.. when its nothing more than gathered public information. These people are super unprofessional/unorganized. They dint even ask for drug screen which told me somthing.

They promise 65k a year (lls) man you will be lucky if you can pay back the DRAW the 500 bucks they give and take back.

All i can say is RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN......

If you sale a system you will be promised $475 bucks.
They subtract the 500 draw check which means you still owe them money.

They
  more... offer the customer a 100 gift card if you give it to them they take 100 from your commission. They offer free activation if you give it to them they take 99.00 from your commission
So you basically walk away with 275 if you are lucky which means you need 3 sales each week to even see a positive in your paycheck. After you pay yourself back the 200 Gas for the week you are Negative.! And trust 3 sales in a week .... ! Forget about it..!

I would hope that indeed.com stops this company from posting on here. They are VERY misleading
Pros
If you are in between jobs and looking for some quick cash take the 500 draw check and go home.
Cons
Read what i said above.
Stay away from this place, sincerely...
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOFebruary 15, 2017
Place was an absolute disaster.. I do give them credit, because they have reallly good recruiters. Recruiters promise 60-80k a year and say you can make that with ease. They make the job sound like you hit the jackpot, but in reality, it's very bad. I'm not just saying that either, I'm trying to help anyone looking to apply here. These recruiters completely lie to you. Plan on only making your base pay, which is about 400-450 a week. If you get very lucky with a particular location, you can make a little more, but you won't make more than 35k a year here. Don't expect to make anymore than your base pay until about your 6th month in. If you stay that long, you may see an extra 50-100 a month. I wouldn't reccomend this job to my worst enemy. Sit in a cubical all day. Make 80-100 phone calls a day. Made us come in Saturday mornings with no extra pay. Just a dreadful job that'll suck the life out of you. The co-workers were really cool, and I clicked with a lot, but come to find out they've all left too, lol. There's much better gigs out there people. Save yourself the time and avoid this place.
Pros
Do-workers
Cons
Very low salary, in a cubical all day every day, work Monday-Saturday, cold calling 80-100 people a day, very depressing job.
poor place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 3, 2017
The people that I worked with were very nice but the training was very poor they train you for 2 days and then just throw you out there i was very overwhelmed by this there should be a lot more training for this job before they put you out there by yourself
Pros
co workers and money
Cons
VERY POOR TRAINING the wear and tear on your vehicle
High paced & fun environment
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 2, 2017
I like building a book of business & managing relationships. This company has a lot of earning potential! The job has become a lot more competitive but it's great if you are money motivated!
Pros
leads provided
Cons
new competition makes it harder
Hardest part of the job
Safe Haven Installation Specialist (Current Employee) –  KansasJanuary 4, 2017
There are various types of security systems out there and most of the time we just replace what is in the house. If the system they have covers their house better than the system that they were given it was hard to take over existing systems because we didn't have training for don't have training for doing so. You have to take it upon yourself to download the manual and try to walk through it and get their system to work. Which takes a lot longer than just putting in a new system. You have a 2 hour time block to install and a 2 hour travel time between blocks of installation. The systems that I tried to take over ending up taking a span of two days and using a system that is already there pays the technician less, so there is no incentive monetarily. The only incentive is to try and do what's best for the customer.
Pros
High paying
Cons
2 to 4 hour unpaid meetings every Thursday, poor training.
Always working. Numbers game.
Relocation manager (sales rep) (Former Employee) –  AtlantaDecember 6, 2016
You get a small base pay, after taxes you take home about $380 depends how many dependents you claim. It's a 6 days a week job. Your usually working from 12pm-8:30pm/ sometimes earlier if your team is not producing. Requirement for the job is to have a car. Your usually putting about 120-170 miles depends how far you travel. This is a real sales job. You can be great one month but it's all forgotten if you did bad the next. You always have the pressure "if I don't sell I don't make money and if I don't sell I get fired". If your a natural salesman you got to have the work ethic. If your new to sells you have to have the work ethic, motivation and luck because this job is not for everyone. It's not door to door sales, but it is a door sale. Don't get me wrong there is money to be made here, but you have to dedicate your life to it.
Pros
Great leadership.
Cons
Long hours, car miles, working in the rain and knocking doors in the dark
great environment to work in good pay professional uniforms and vehicles
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 31, 2016
Typical duties at work are contacting Animal Control working with PD ticketing and towing cars customer service parking passes emailing DSL surveillance system Monitoring.
Pros
no micromanaging
Cons
no health or dental insurance
Zero stars!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2016
When I interviewed for this position, the interviewer explained to me about the pay rate and hours and the job position. That was all lies. This is a position in which you have to go door to door in unfamiliar neighborhoods in the evening. I did this for one day, and many of the homes we went to the people were rude, had a gun or wouldn't answer the door.
Pros
Cons
This job is a scam and a sham.
leads customer serivce
Leads Entry/Data entry (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOOctober 5, 2016
I worked evenings so I would get there and start answering phone and entering account information in to data base to set up appointments. hardest part of the day would be when we would get back to back phone calls and would miss breaks. I loved what did just didn't work out with all the doctors appointments due to being pregnant at that time.
Pros
loved my job over all
Cons
hours and pay
safe haven
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2016
Meeting at the branch in the morning
picking up paperwork
picking zipcodes
goals for the day
discussing ideas
going over rebuttals
making sure were on track
Never showed up
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 4, 2016
After submitting a resume and cover letter for a position with ADT/Safe Haven, they contacted me for an interview. A date and time was set up and I arrived 10 minutes early. Upon my arrival, I was shocked to see the office CLOSED AND LOCKED. Nobody was there. I stayed for 30 min. after the interview time in case someone was simply a bit late.
I missed work at my other job for THIS???

Then I received an email stating they were moving on in the interview process with more qualified candidates. REALLY?? How would they know whether or not I was qualified? THEY NEVER SHOWED UP FOR AN INTERVIEW THEY SCHEDULED!!!
Pros
no idea
Cons
Integrity, professionalism, etc.
Know EVERYTHING before making your decision
Regional Director Sales (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 22, 2016
If you have never done inside sales before this may not be the place for you. If you have a high integrity compass and high morals as a standard, this is NOT the place for you. Many come in excited and determined to succeed, hanging on every word their recruiter told them. All are desperate and driven to make crazy amounts of money while building their "book of business". The first week of accelerated training is great but training goes downhill after that. If you are one that thrives in a coaching/development atmosphere that consistently gives feedback and assessment without you asking for it, this is not the place for you. I saw "trainers" listening in and taking notes on calls but NEVER communicating their assessment with the trainees. You can be determined, hard-working, building your "book of business" & creating a great rapport with your partners (realtors) BUT if you don't make the goals they have set... goodbye! Few are encouraging throughout the entire process. Trainers are more focused on getting their own deals than coaching/development. Bottom line... if you are making deals/money, EVERYONE is your best friend. If you aren't, dont believe "we are here for you", "keep it up, you will find your niche"... You will find yourself working a full day, headed to the office with all trainers smiling & joking with you, thinking your finally having an actual assessment, and being told your let go (FIRED), and walking toward the front door with all your belongings waiting on you.
Pros
Great incentives, great product, multiple breaks
Cons
High turnover, deceptive tatics
Great entry level job to gain experience
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF SALES (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2016
Safe Haven is a great place to learn basic sales. Their training is very good and the product sold is a good one. New training classes start almost every week with anywhere between 8-15 people in each class.

During training there are tons of incentives to boost the mediocre rate of 500 per week. In fact training is where I made the most money.

Turn over is extremely high and most people do not make it out of training or past the first couple weeks of the sales floor. This is due to not making goals or having a negative attitude. With this job you either have it or you don't. They are very good at coaching up, but in the end you have it or you don't.

In terms of pay you make 500 a week which is your guarantee. The commission is uncapped, but hard to get. To receive commission you have to meet either 2000 dollars in sales or some months 2500. The commission does not hit until the sale actually funds back to Safe Haven from ADT. So in theory you could meet the required sales to commission, but due to funding you still will not commission.

Most people that make it past the training and initial first weeks on the floor will not commission until the 4-6 month mark. If you make it past that mark than this job really starts to take off.

Management for the most part is amazing. They are really supportive and will coach you up. The only complaint I have, is that there is little to know HR presence. Employees are not trained in time off procedures, pay stub procedures, or entirely about the commission process. In my time there we even had a tornado warning and no one knew
  more... the emergency procedures.

If you have a stable job that pays well I would not leave it to go to Safe Haven. If you are looking at a place to start your professional career in Sales than Safe Haven is a good stepping stone.
Pros
Incentives, management, friendly fun atmosphere, ping pong
Cons
Job security, no HR presence, non transparent commission
You can't expect to make alot of money without putting in the work, its that simple
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2016
The Biggest “Pro” about Safe Haven is the atmosphere, we are a family and really use each other for support. It isn’t the easiest job in the world, but the amount of work you put in will be the amount of money you get out. It takes hard work and determination, anyone who fails at this job didn’t fail because the company didn’t support them. You must be willing to work hard to make a lot of money, that’s not rocket science. There are ample opportunities for help and training. I have had trainers stay hours past to help me succeed. That being said, if you come into this job ready to put some work in, this company will bend over backwards to make sure you succeed.
Pros
High Energy, Fun, Great People, Work life balance, $$$, Sales Training, Support
Cons
If you are not ready to work hard then this is not a career for you.
Great opportunity to make $100K+, some cons
Relocation Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 25, 2016
Great place to work if you don't mind the driving, and schedule
12-8 or later M-F
and 4hrs on Sat.

It just took too much out of me.

Management and co-workers are great!
They want you to succeed.
Friendly competition to make each other better.

Leads are provided and good. Just sucks driving 8hrs a day and maybe only getting 1-2 homeowners home.

Great incentives if you can be a top performer.

All in all it was a great sales experience, I just needed more time to work on my other businesses.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, Great pay if you can produce
Cons
heavy use of car (100mi/day avg), 6 day work week
A great company to work for with real advancement opportunies
Relocation Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 3, 2016
I started with Safe Haven Security in May of 2014 after closing my business. I can honestly say it was the best decision I have ever made. I was able to earn $60k between May 2014 and December 2014. Not only do I enjoy the work, I get to meet new people everyday and help them protect their families, but I get to work with some of the best people I have met in my over 20 year sales career. The leadership and culture of success at Safe Haven is second to none. Every week we are challenged and inspired. The rewards are more than plentiful. The ownership is incredibly generous. The only place I've ever worked where they look for ways to pay you more and make the compensation fair and rewarding. You do have to work hard. There are no short cuts to success. However if you are someone who likes to be pushed to be the best you can be, someone who wants to contribute in a positive way to their community and company. If you don't except excuses from yourself or others and only want to be surrounded by winners. Then this is the company for you. If you want to have a real career and not just a JOB. This is the company for you.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and advancement opportunity, spiffs, contests. Winning Culture.
Cons
none.
Relication manager
Relocation manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 3, 2016
Great opportunity plenty of money to be made. Great team environment. Co workers become friends. New experiences. Very competitive
Pros
Meeting new people awsome leads
Relocation Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 23, 2016
As a Sales rep this company really takes care of its employees. The leads are always solid, management really cares about your well being and they are constantly training. I highly reccomend this company to anyone looking for a sales position that is W2 but still flexible.
Pros
fun work environment
Great team environment
Relocation Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 22, 2016
This is hands down the best company I've ever worked for. We have daily training, weekly spiffs, and monthly company incentives! If you want to move up, this company does promote from within.
Pros
good money making opportunity
Cons
work night time
Never Happier!
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 5, 2016
I've seen reviews on here about turnover, and I get it. I was contacted several months ago by a recruiter who was so passionate and heartfelt and had such an obvious love for the company and belief in the training and mentoring that I was sold. I took a major leap of faith and took the position. I struggled initially and by the end of the second week I was really questioning whether or not I could even do the role. I was honestly wondering what in the world I made me make such a risky career move to step into sales. When I saw others around me start to disappear it really made me nervous. One day they were there, the next they were gone. Would that be me next week?! I guess my recruiter could see that, because she took me aside and had a heart to heart with me. She shared the struggles she went through when she started in the same position, and the things that helped her get her mind in the right space to be able to speak with confidence and belief. She reminded me of all of the achievements I'd made previously that made me such a sure fit for the job, and we talked about what success in this role would mean for me and my family. I got some coaching from my trainers and had some people on the sales floor that encouraged me to hang in there and keep grinding. My recruiter spent her lunch break with me listening in on my calls and giving me tips on little adjustments to find my voice and be able to make a genuine connection with the Realtors. We talked about the fears I had of my job being on the line and she reassured me that as long as I was putting in the effort she would stick  more... with me and so would all my trainers! And that's exactly what they did.
This isn't an easy job, and you fail A LOT before you ever succeed. Even the really good sales pros get beat up the first few weeks. But my trainers were right. The struggle is what makes you stronger, and I am finally on the other side, enjoying success.
I've learned a lot about sales and building a business in this role, but even in my personal life I am more confident and assertive than ever, and that feels good! This opportunity has changed my life. I couldn't be happier!
It's always sad to see people go, but not everyone has the fight. And that's okay. But if you do, you won't be the only one fighting. You'll have a whole team fighting right there with you.
Pros
Great team. Great pay. Great business partners.
Cons
A long wait for your first paycheck. Have some savings prepared.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safe Haven Security. Our community is ready to answer.

73%