Safe Haven Security Employee Reviews

Not so safe
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 9, 2018
Door to do sales with one week of training and you know nothing about the product, and go. The training was useful but a joke because it taught you how to do your job but it didn’t teach you anything about what you were selling, so when customers ask a question and you can’t answer it, you look like the fool and no one wants to buy from a fool.
Cons
Training, expectations
Safe Haven Security
Relocation Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 7, 2018
Good for a not normal 40 hour job hour schedule. You become a very good seller FAST because you have to be. Management could be a lot better (partly because company is growing so fast) don't have an HR department. If you got enough sales you could take more time off, flexible in that way.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Cut-Throat
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJanuary 4, 2018
I worked at Safe Haven Security as the Regional Director. I work specifically in the ADT Realtor Program. I worked with and build a referral relationship with 1000+ Realtors Nationwide. The Realtors refer their clients to me to receive exclusive discounts for ADT Home Security. I talk to them about the different plans, rates and the referral bonus for each client that signs up. I also handle their client activation and appointment scheduling. I handle all the marketing plans to get Realtor interest in working with me in efforts to better help their client with Home Security. I also create and give my Realtor Partners marketing material and marketing plans to build referrals.
Pros
Money
Cons
People
Bunch of.lies
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 25, 2017
Even their sales.pitch is a lie. Cannot trust anyone there. Manager only talks about himself. Just because you have a title of manager it does not.meam you can manage
Cons
Favoritism, selfish management, unethical business practices
Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 20, 2017
Safe Haven Security is a terrible company to work for. Managers show favoritism from the top down, there is bullying daily, and HR turns a blind eye to what is happening.
Would not recommend working here
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis ,USADecember 17, 2017
Would not recommend this job especially if you have a family because they stick you with an advance commission (draw base). Which is not explained very well in the interview process. Sales managers get paid VERY well but not sales reps..? Doesn't make much sense. It would take about 5 to 8 jobs just to cover your draw so your first and second checks are like 380 or 425 after taxes... NO ONE can live off of that! Hours are ridiculous. You come in for a pointless sales meeting go out early and find NO ONE until 530 or so. This company is stuck in the dinosaur era. I can understand door to door for alarm sales but there's other ways to sell it like digital marketing and etc. Other alarm company's do it. They are just stuck in their own ways. Not much grow with this company.(very political) monthly rates are way high for what customer actually gets. (There's other company's that do it for way cheaper and better technology. I liked the sales manager while I was there but always seemed like he was under A LOT of pressure wasnt a very healthy environment to work in. They say avg sales rep can make 65k a year... That's not realistic.. more like 35k a year if your lucky.
Pros
Cons
Sales rep pay is horrible (draw base), only door to door no other marketing strategy for sales(stuck in dinosaur stage)
Departments makes the difference
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 12, 2017
The company overall offers a great opportunity to make good money if you're into sales. The department I worked in was continually restructured until all the people I started with were gone.
Pros
great people
Cons
cut throat, all about the money
Great place to work if you want something part time or don't need to make a steady pay check
Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 11, 2017
The company and people overall are pretty decent I did enjoy to work there when I was working but there was just not enough work for everybody and the jobs seem to be handpicked. jobs are supposed to go to the person with the highest numbers and in that order but my experience that wasn't the case. Seems like the peak season for this company is the end of January till about the end of June so it is busy at that time after that your checks are up and down there's no consistency and I just wasn't able to keep moving forward like that
Pros
Good pay when you're busy
Cons
Seems to be slow more than steady
New challenges
National Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 22, 2017
This was a growing experience for me. It has shown me what to truly look for when starting a new position. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I was able to meet and work with.
As a technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2017
As a technician you do install the systems and what was given by the rep, but you are more of a sales person. Your job requires you to upsell and have an average of $150 on Pinpoint and $450 on realtor. The reps will say anything to get the job and alot of the times they give everything away or the lie so much that when you get there they won't to cancel. Well at that point you have to save the job and then when they don't want to spend a 1000 for additional protection you are worthless. And if you upsale a lot one day and get nothing the next you are a failure. So it's a great job if you like upselling. And they like to go over selling them the tech stuff. Can't tell you how many times I had no idea what to do for troubleshooting.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Being more of a sells person then a technician.
Fun and competitive work environment.
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 13, 2017
Fine if you are looking for something to bridge form one job to another. Quotas very tough, not properly compensated for amount of work it takes to be successful.
Pros
Nice co-workers, ping pong tournaments daily during breaks
Cons
Have to work overtime just to meet quotas, way under compensated for amount of hours it takes. Very quick to let employees go.
No comment
Relocation Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLNovember 1, 2017
New Manager has a lot to learn. Previous manager knew market. Folks in charge now have a lot to learn. Total waste of time. Office like a revolving door.
The pay was horrible
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 29, 2017
reported to work station after arriving each day, patrolled the floors ensured the safety of the students and staff members.
Monitored surveillance Equipments
Great money if you can deal with the leeches
High level grunt (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 27, 2017
An excellent opportunity to make money if you can handle dealing with very shady people above you and making them rich off your hard work. So much politics and behind the scenes stuff always going on if you like straight to the point stay away! Upper management sleeps with the employees and if get on someone's hit list you are done eventually no matter what.
Pros
High income potential
Cons
Stress fear for your job potential uncomfortable encounters
Overall A Good Place To Work
Relocation Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 9, 2017
I thought the working environment was great. Managers and Co-Workers were great. I felt the training was great also. The drawbacks that I saw when I was there was the wear and tear on your vehicle, constantly putting gas in your car. You get anywhere between 35 & 45 leads a day in your assigned, the hardest part was actually finding people home. When you did find them home, they were already set up with a system. You would go the whole day and maybe pitch 2 people if your lucky. For those reasons, I felt it was hard to hit sales. All in all, good company to work for.
Pros
Good manager and co- workers
Cons
Excessive wear and tear on your car and too much gas. Hard to catch leads home.
Best sales job imaginable!
Relocation Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 5, 2017
I truly had a wonderful experience working for Safe Haven. You only need a minimum of 7 sales to keep your job. EASY! My boss is by far the best person I have worked for. He is straight to the point, caring, and goal oriented. It's imperative to be surrounded by that when you are working sales. We received incentives often; a specific number of sales could get you gift cards, or points that equaled to high priced items sold in stores. We had meetings from 12-2 every day, and worked until 8:30. I wouldn't classify it as "ideal" when you have small children (I am a mother), but there are so many ways to make it work. The workplace culture is so positive. No negativity is allowed at our conference tables or on our group thread. I suffered a loss in my sales, and am taking a break due to personal issues. I expect to make my way back when the time is right, because this company is that great to work for!!
Pros
Positive work environment, great pay incentives
Cons
Late working hours, wear and tear on vehicles
just what I thought.. Competitive, awesome opportunity
relocation mamager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 4, 2017
I was skeptical when I interviewed, but knew there was very good money to be made. Never had a sales job before, so I figured I'd give it a chance. Turned out, the Office manager was very transparent, and told me exactly what I need to do to succeed here. So, I put in a ton of hard work, and signed one customer the first week, two the second, three the third, and ended up writing 10-15 per month after that. My point is, If you work hard it will pay off here. If you don't work hard, don't take advice, and don't put in the time, you probably won't make it. Lots of freedom with this job, and opportunity. ALso a lot of driving.
unpleasant work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 30, 2017
Safe Haven is an authorized ADT dealer. The job is door to door sales. The company has no loyalty to the employee.There is a ruthless sales mentality. Safe Haven does not care about the customer. Once a sale has been made, the customer should not expect any service.
Do not work here
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Everywhere, USAAugust 18, 2017
Company pay is a joke. They have you leave a great job by their recruiting team saying you'll make hundreds a day and thousands a year. Over 100K a year is average, so they say.

It is absolute CUT THROAT. They don't care at all about their employees, they only care about a sale. Which, the sales are absolutely pathetic and the way they sell is ridiculous.

Awful lies and horrible company. Prepare yourself to work 50-60+ hours per week while making no money at all.
I'm a salesperson and have been for quite some time. But when you lie to the customers and do everything in your power to beg them to go with this bullcrap company, you won't get sales.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!
Pros
Honestly, there are none.
Cons
Everything to do with this company.
Door to Door
Relocation Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 16, 2017
You get what you put into this job. I had a great manager who was willing to help whenever needed. The frequent sales meetings were fun. You do knock on doors all day, but once you sell a system you can most likely go home.
Pros
Sales Rewards, Excellent learning environment, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Door to door sales, sales pressure, comission based

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safe Haven Security. Our community is ready to answer.