Safeco Insurance Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Actuary (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 9, 2017
Everyone was focused and supportive of one another. Although the deadlines caused stress it was fun. The working conditions were awesome. The benefits were great too.
its not what ya know, its who you know
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WADecember 4, 2017
you dont have to be smart to do this job. As long as you can put up with favoritism, and them not working with you when you need a day off, or not communicating as to how you're doing, and to unpaid time off, then this job is relatively easy.
Strong Company with Good Benefits and Salary
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 4, 2017
Safeco is owned by Liberty Mutual, and is financial strong and secure. My job specifically has created a flexible work environment. Compared to similar jobs with other companies in the industry, the salary is higher than average
Okay work place
CRC (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WANovember 20, 2017
Training is 4 days long on the last day they put you on the phone. It was a good experience but the hours are horrible a lot of the shifts are 10:30-10:45am to 6:45-7pm so if you have kids that are in daycare or school this isn't the job for you. If you have to go to the Dr because you're sick they do not accept a Dr note that goes against you you are on a point system within your first 90 days you only get 2 points after that you get 6 they do not roll off either after a certain amount of time
Pros
45 minute lunch
Cons
Work hours
Great for Career
Gold Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WANovember 9, 2017
If insurance is for you and you'd like to start from the ground up, Safeco is the place for you to start.
Great thorough training for the position which includes getting your producers license.
Job as a Gold Customer Service rep is challenging because you're on the phone almost the entire shift answering questions about insurance, policies, billing, etc. Sometimes customers aren't the friendliest.
However, management is nothing but supportive. Fantastic culture with room for advancement.
Great
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2017
This is a great company they merged with another insurance company I am not sure what that company looks like at this time so I can not really speak about it.
an established company
Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 13, 2017
Safeco is an established company. The work process is standard and management team seems to be mature. work environment is stable and smooth. Employees there are professional.
Pros
standardized, mature
overall I enjoyed working here
Senior Casualty Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2017
enjoyed the claims examiners I worked with, workflows very rigid and can be confusing, claims pending can be high, limited autonomy. growing company, good benefits
Pros
good pay, good amt of time off
Cons
high workload, very strict work processes
Great pay, Great benifits
Senior Inside Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WASeptember 18, 2017
I loved the vacation and benefits I had. The pay was great too and the people were very personable. I feel Safeco teaches and does the right thing for customers to make thing better when there is a loss.
Great Place
CUSTOMER SERVICE CALL CENTER AGENT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at Safeco Insurance. My typical day at work consisted of attending to inbound and outbound calls. Also resolving customer queries via email and web chat. I learnt a lot whilst there and it helped me develop my customer service skills. The management had an open door policy. The management also met with employees every month to review performances, etc.
Pros
Training
Cons
Challenging work with regular reorganizations
Claims Resolution Specialist III, BI (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 7, 2017
I worked for Safeco for over 10 years, and underwent seven significant reorganizations affecting my role. Twice, my job was taken away, but with the potential for relocation, reassignment, or a severance package.

The claims philosophy is "Pay what you owe," which is great when dealing with black-and-white issues such as auto repairs or even medical bills, but a bit tougher when it comes to the gray areas such as pain and suffering -- but that's the nature of the job and not just the company.
face paced position
Records/Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 30, 2017
This job was a very busy and fast paced job. You had to be a team player and get things done in a timely manner for the claims adjuster and for clients.
Good place to work, very supportive.
GOLD AGENT (Former Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 28, 2017
Many opportunities to move between Safeco and Liberty Mutual, great training. Learned many things about the insurance industry that has helped me even outside of the industry.
Fast Paced Company with High Expectations and Great Compensation
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAAugust 22, 2017
Now under the umbrella of Liberty Mutual Insurance, Safeco is a multi-faceted Insurance company that's fast paced and high energy. Once Liberty Mutual came on board, the day to day became quite stressful and the expectations rose but the overall compensation went up so you were definitely rewarded for your hard work.
No longer exist
Senior Programming Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2017
I worked at Safeco when it was Safeco. It is now a subsidiary of Liberty Mutual. The book of business was sold to liberty mutual in 2007. Worked there 20 years prior to the sale.
Pros
Cons
Went out of business
Work life balance
Commercial Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 13, 2017
Love the culture! Great team environment. I was transferred between 2 different regions. My manager was very supportive and provided me with flexible work hours, to accomodate my 40 mile commute in Atlanta.
Pros
Managerial support
Cons
Can't think of any....
Cheapest insurance company to work for
Claims Resolution Specialist III - Appraisal (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 2, 2017
Upper management only cares about numbers. Disorganized structure throughout the company. Claims adjusters are taught to write estimates differently if the vehicle is at a shop as opposed to a residence.
Great Company to work for/advancement opportunities
MUTUAL FUNDS MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 25, 2017
Working in Mutual Funds Marketing I set up printing jobs for all marketing materials which included press checks and approving the prints. I ordered applications and corresponding materials editing the forms when necessary. Stocked the Mutual Funds Store constantly updating the materials.

The hardest part of the job was proofreading each type of Prospectus which were printed for the Annual and Semi-Annual Reports. I was responsible for acquiring the lists of Shareholders and creating a master to provide to the vendor who mailed them for us and also had to determine an additional amount of Prospectuses that were required for informational kits we mailed to potential shareholders.
Auto Insurance
Claim Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2017
This was a call center environment where you were graded on everything. Log in and out in the system and take claims for auto policies. I started out with a great manager and who was very supportive. I was able to make strides but knew it was not where I wanted to build my career.
Pros
Had a great manager, healthcare and benefits were great
Cons
Short breaks
Great opportunitues for advancement
Admin-Operation Claims Support (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 20, 2017
Great place to work. I have enjoyed working there over the years. Very challenging and exciting place to work. Great opportunities for advancement. Management were always there for their employees to assist and support. I highly recommend working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safeco Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.