Safeco Insurance

Safeco Insurance Employer Reviews

Great company to work for
Licensed insurance agent (Current Employee), Golden, CODecember 31, 2014
Pros: pay
Great company to work for. Good pay. Good opportunity for growth.
Good Career Path
Call Route Coordinator (Current Employee), INDIANAPOLIS, INDecember 9, 2014
Safeco is an AWESOME company! The work is good, and they pay very well!

I love how I am able to reach out to my peers and other resources provided with no problem, they are always here to help you and assist you anyway possible!
Great place to work.
Personal Lines Operator-Automobile and Homeowner (Former Employee), Tucker, GADecember 1, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities and great benefits.
Cons: i loved working there. no cons.
Enjoyed working for Safeco. I had the ability to advance with insurance courses and education. I would enjoy working there again if the opportunity presented itself.
Nations fastest growing insurance company
Territory Adjuster (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 19, 2014
Pros: interesting, challenging, travel
Cons: long hours, weather problems
Safeco provided excellent training, quickly promoted valuable inside claims desk personnel. Settlement authority was high, company car and expense account for Territory Adjusters. Teamwork of the office included the managers, other adjusters, and cooperative attorneys from outside law firms. Excellent introduction to the insurance field with large settlement authority, awards for arson and fraud investigations.
Customer Service
Tech Support Customer Service (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2014
Pros: vacation time
Cons: long hours of taking calls
Safeco is a great place to work. This is a call Center environment with a high volume of call
Flexible hours, group flexible
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 29, 2014
Flexible hours. I learned a lot about Excel formulas. My co-workers were very nice. The hardest part about the job was to learn Excel formulas.
Good company to work
Receptionist/Administrative Support (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: professional training is very beneficial
Good benefit, training and communication between staff and the manager
horrible job
Inside Property Fast Path adjuster specialist II (Current Employee), richardson txOctober 7, 2014
Cons: awful management, biased, unfair, favoritism
do not work here. the environment is awful, the pay and benefits are even worse and management will fire you for no reason.
Productive contact center with room for advancement
Licensed CSR (Former Employee), Bothell, WAOctober 3, 2014
Answered inbound calls at the contact center, both from insured's and from agents. Assisted in policy changes, billing help, billing adjustments, payment plans, etc. Was in a department that changed the rating state when clients moved from one to another. Escalation support for callers that wanted to speak to someone higher up. Managed call time and had to adhere to scheduled lunches/breaks.
Safeco Insurance
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long work hours
Safeco Insurance provides a good job culture and job advancement
constant turnover and uncertainty of future job security
Casualty Claims Adjuster, Personal lines (Current Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: work/life balance
Constant turnover and uncertainty of future job security.
Direct management does a great job managing their adjusters, but day to day handling is a struggle given the constant job turnover.
Salary is great but always having to put in extra hours keeping up with the handling of transfered files.
Great Employers
Property Insurance (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 11, 2014
Would still be an important member of the Safeco team, but Liberty Mutual opted to downsize after merger.
If you like working in the field with automomy in your day, this is the job for you!
Property Field Claim Examiner II (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 31, 2014
Pros: work from home. automomy. financial stability.
Cons: occasional catastrophe assignments requiring out of town travel.
This is a great company to work for if you desire to work from home in an assigned territory. With standard work guidelines that are very established, understanding the job and it various requirements is much easier than at other companies.
Monday through Friday work week
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Bothell, WAAugust 11, 2014
I have nothing bad to say about this company. The only negative is that there is opportunity to advance.
Working for Safeco
Senior Total Loss Adjuster (Current Employee), indianapolis, inAugust 11, 2014
Pros: being able to deliver more than just customer service
Cons: not getting overtime when needed
Working for Safeco has been wonderful for me. I have gained alot of knowledge working there for the past 10 years. As I start my new journey by moving to Houston, TX, I hope to find employment as enjoyable as the one I have had with Safeco.

A typical day consist of checking my voicemail, responding to emails, working on my pending claim, issuing payments and calling out on my new claims.

I have learned to be patient and make sure my work speaks for itself. It is very important to document every file because you want to make sure whoever sees it understands what is going on with the file.

I simply adore my co-workers and will miss them dearly. They are my family. When you are at work most of the day this people become an important part of your life.

The hardest part about this job is that it is neverending until the file is complete and you are able to close it. You have to make sure you work your files as much as possible to make sure you close them in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping theh customer understand the process. Most are clueless because they have never been in an accident before and it is up to the adjuster to walk them through everything so they will understand. We become so much more than adjusters at that point.
Same as other
Inside Property Loss Specialist Personal Lines (Current Employee), Fairfield, OHAugust 7, 2014
Same entry on other information for similiar position.
Good movement throughout many lines of business.
Overall, I enjoyed working at Safeco
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Edina, MNAugust 3, 2014
Overall, I enjoyed working at Safeco. The company decided to centralize claim handling elsewhere.

Safeco is under different management from when I worked there. My review is not intended as a critique of the current management and/or culture.
Great employer
Field Property Loss Specialist (Current Employee), Boise, IDJuly 11, 2014
Received good experience in Telecommunications industry
not SAFECO INS-Northern Safety
Bookkeeper/Office Manager, Sales and Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 5, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: down sized
Fast pace place- they down sized in Charleston
Great place to work.
Insurance Policy Services (Former Employee), Bothell, WAJuly 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is interact with customers

1 2 3 4 5

About Safeco Insurance

While the name doesn't tell you much about the business, Safeco does sound secure, and with insurance that counts for a lot. As – Read more