Safeco Insurance Employee Reviews

Not a great job experience
Field Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2016
Job values & goals are not reasonable to achieve- family & working conditions are not reasonable Very difficult to maintain our survey goals as we are graded on a collective system where I have to be accountable for what the inside adjusters do on the same claim. I can't control what someone else does but can control how my performance. Not a fair system when it's time for raises & bonuses
Pros
Company car
Cons
Forced to Wk O/T. To complete your days /. Goals & grading process flawed
Great pay/too many layoffs
Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 1, 2017
Worked for Safeco for 13 years. Although I was promoted a couple of times, growth within the company was tough. The pay was really good and they were very flexible with time off etc. Management not great.
Pros
Benefits and salary
Cons
Management/stability
Solid Work
Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 31, 2016
Secure job. Good benefits. They will assist with education for advancement. It is very similar to any other company in this industry. Offices are in Seattle.
Good Compensation
Personal Lines Underwriter (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 13, 2016
Compensation at this company is great. However, the work life balance needs a lot of work. Employees are not valued by the company or management.
Pros
Good compensation and schedule flexibility
Cons
Work life balance and employee value
Good workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 10, 2016
I haven't worked there in 15 years. It wa a good place to work. I enjoyed the people and management. Comp and benefits were fair
Property Loss Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2016
Great job and managers, requires a lot of time and high expectations.

the management team and company are good, very helpful.

as a claims adjuster the time required vs the salary is not well balanced.
Pros
pay, people
Cons
work / life balance
A good company to work for
Senior Trainer (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJune 9, 2016
Safeco is a sub business unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance and provides it's employees with a good if not great compensation. There are many opportunities for development and advancement within the organization.
Pros
Charitable contributions and retierment benifits
Cons
Helth care benifits are fair at best
limited opportunity, poor management
Field Claims Resolution Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 15, 2016
Speaking only as a member of the field CAT team I can say it is not a pleasant work environment. The management is horrible and cares only about the number and not at all about the employees. I have been there 5 years and have seen the turnover only escalate as the management gets worse. The field employees are held accountable for everything while the office support staff and management is not. I would only recommend Safeco as a place to get the training and experience to move to a different organization.
fun palce to work
Team Manager -Catastrophe Claims (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 1, 2016
long hours, work life balance could be better. If you are a single person, with no children, this company is for you. there is room for advancement. great training.
Very good company.
Senior Specialty Lines Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaOctober 18, 2016
Safeco was a very nice place to work. There were very good to all of us, even though we were all recently terminated. Even though they let us go, they were very and professional in how it was handled.
Pros
The employees were awesome
Cons
Work/life balance went bad when we were purchased by Liberty Mutual.
Great Management
Safeco Insurance Territory Manager - North (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I had the opportunity of working for the company for 8 yrs in which I was mentored by two great individuals. I was also part of a great 6 person team that worked very well together. Only reason for the move to another company was due to geographic location.
Pros
Great pay and management
Cons
windshield time
Hard work for no acknowledgement
LNI Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 17, 2015
A typical day for an LNI adjuster is arriving at the office 1-2 hours before your start time in order to go through voicemails and look at claims that were assigned over the night. Typical amount of claims assignment was 7-8 claims per day. Each claim required contact, recorded statement, scene diagram, coverage investigation and estimate assignment. Each new claim takes approximately 30-40 minutes to work. Adjusters were also expected to answer calls and work claims as calls come in. Co-workers were isolated, no feeling of unity, management spent more time in meetings than they did on the floor but somehow was able to go into each claim and critique it. Adjusters were not given the ability to make liability decisions without approval of management and overall the job was stressful, difficult and exhausting. Very poor moral.
Pros
salary was good
Cons
working at SafeCo.
good pay
Quality Improvement Specialist, Property (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WADecember 29, 2016
Great place to work, room for advancement when you start from the ground floor. There is limited advancement when you are a higher level adjuster. With an office of 1000 people the competition is fierce.
Excellent company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 17, 2017
Safeco is an excellent company to work for. You have the opportunity to grow from within. The management takes their employees very seriously and do what ever it takes to ensure safety and success.
Excellent Place to Work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 21, 2017
Good company to work for, excellent personnel, good work environment. Ability to work from home when needed, flexible schedules.
Pros
Remote work availability
Cons
Advancement
greatcompany
Call Routing Coordinator-Call Center (Former Employee) –  Golden, COSeptember 6, 2016
I only worked for Safeco for less than a year because I moved but the culture was good. My manager was great and they provide extensive training. As a field rep, worked alot of hours but upper management was flexible.
Great place to work right out of college - I learned a lot!
Systems Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 4, 2016
This was my first job out of college and I learned a great deal. It was also a great place to work/have my children - very good work/life balance and the ability for upward mobility
Pros
Young environment, very teachable environment
Cons
Easy to be pingeon-holed with no upward mobility
Good pay and benefits
Senior Portfolio Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAOctober 5, 2016
Overall, a good place to work. You are paid for performance. One drawback is that there isn't always an equal playing field when it comes to advancement.
Claims Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 7, 2016
Management is equally focused on customer and employee engagement. The company is always looking for ways to improve.
Great Company
Claims Service Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Golden, CONovember 30, 2015
This company is fantastic. They care about their people and there is a great opportunity for advancement. The company is great about recognizing employees for great performance.
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance, company wants to continuously improve, customer focused

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safeco Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.