Safeguard Properties

Safeguard Properties Employer Reviews

The job itself has purpose and the people were great.
Code Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: the idea of improving blighted properties
Cons: its all about production numbers and not about the actual issue.
I liked the work. Property preservation serves a purpose so you can get a sense of accomplishment. Code Compliance was a more stringent aspect of preservation. Safeguard has a lot going for it as the largest privately held preservation company.
Not a Stress-Free Place to Work
Property & Preservation Specialist (Former Employee), Mentor, OHOctober 19, 2014
Pros: occasional team walks around parking lot on company time.
Cons: 10 min breaks, benefits and pay is a joke
Typical day involves updating work orders in their system, which is DOS based and archaic. Things change on the fly very often, no consistency within the teams and management. Pay is awful, benefits extremely expensive. This is a good job for someone just getting out of college or someone who is married and looking for a job during the day. NOT a good – more... place for a single mother to work. They will make you work at least 10 hours of OT weekly, which is very difficult when you have kids and other responsibilities. Their point system is awful. You can't take days off even if you have them available to take, they deny your request to take off. Very cliquey, catty place to work. Look elsewhere. – less
This is your ideal job. It has helped me when I go and look at a property for myself.
Property Preservation Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn Heights, OHSeptember 26, 2014
We work really hard. We have training classes to help us. And we have fun at night, which is my shift.
Productive environment
Securing Authorization Call Center (Former Employee), Westlake Village, CASeptember 17, 2014
Busy taking inbound calls and entering information in the computer system about the call. Management was extremely professional. The co-workers were incredible. The most enjoyable part was the environment, it was a positive work place.
Unprofessional
Client Account Representative (Former Employee), Mentor, OHSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: there were nice managers and employees working at this company
Cons: unprofessional managers and workers
This is the worst company I ever worked for un-professional everything was production, if you are sick so what we need your body here. There were at least three fights when I worked there
horrible I never knew that adults, would argue and threaten each other in a work place. This company was concerned with production if you were sick the day before – more... and we were told with a doctor's excuse you still get a point. This policy was not applied to everyone
Favoritism not professionalism. – less
Small company
Office Manager assistant (Former Employee), Van NuysAugust 29, 2014
Cons: management needs to have more patience
This were I gained my first experince with customers. Small compnay based in the owner, office manager and two technitians.
Comfortable Workplace
Client Account Representative (Current Employee), Valley View, OHAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good work environment
Cons: not rewarding enough personally
I interact with Clients, contractors, and realtors on a daily basis. Work with them on foreclosed properties and keeping them maintained and out of violation. I review over 100 properties daily and examine them thoroughly through pictures and updates provided by inspectors and contractors. I place orders(Grass Cuts, Winterizations, Work Per Bids, etc...) – more... when necessary. It sometimes can be a stressful job but it is rewarding at times as well. – less
Maybe growing too fast
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 8, 2014
Safeguard Properties bought the company that I was very happy at and as a new employee, I felt second rate to the employees in Cleveland.
Productive and Fast Paced
Client Account Representative (Former Employee), valley view, OHAugust 5, 2014
Must be able to multi-task, customer service oriented;
Flexible
Look elsewhere.
Property Preservation Specialist (Former Employee), valley view, ohJuly 23, 2014
Pros: you meet and can make some good friends
Cons: benefits, pay, treatment of employees by managers
Very disorganized, constant changes to procedures to accommodate the high volume but refuse to hire new employees as upper management believes the team is overstaffed, however, expect employees to work like robots and handle the job of 3 people.

Very little respect by direct managers, they do not know how to approach employees, Ive witnessed managers – more... yell at employees from across the floor, very unprofessional.

Low pay for what they expect, no room for advancement. Its a dead end job for most people and or a temporary job.

Their only priority is production NOT quality.
They do not care about Customer Service although their motto is Customer Service = Resolution. That may have been the case when the company was smaller with less volume to handle, however, as they grown they refuse to make changes to adapt to the new work load and over work their staff.

No Department at this company takes ownership of anything, each department plays victim and blames other departments when something goes wrong. It is just a very poorly structured company.

Within my department no team member was happy. No job is perfect but when your entire team is whispering and talking behind managements back about wishing they could get fired/ quit and or looking for other jobs and i do mean everyone that is saying a lot of about the culture of this company. There will always be those few employees that are unhappy but usually it's their own fault, however, an entire team shouldn't be unhappy.

For the managers that do what they can to fight for their team and actually care, I suggest you take your talents somewhere where you are appreciated. I was fortunate enough to have an awesome team leads, unfortunately he had very little authority as upper management stepped in.

I dealt with a variety of reporting parties and many complained about how awful Safeguard is compared to other preservations companies and its a shame that SG is taking over the industry. However before I left i noticed several clients ended their service agreement with SG and have switched to other preservation companies. I do not blame them, each client expects special treatment and if they are paying SG they should be treated as a priority unfortunately so do another 160 clients, not to mention cities across the USA and neighbors also expect to be treated with priority and there is not enough staff and or manpower to handle the volume SG is at right now. And as much as the employees that do care, they can only do so much and upper management is doing nothing to help.

The company has grown so fast in the past year I don't think they have caught up with the growth and or can. For goodness sake, even their technology is outdated, not to mention the daily computer failures and tech supper can't do anything about it. In fact I've heard rumors that there is a high turn over rate within tech support as well, no department is safe. – less
Customer Service HIGHLY STRESSFUL
Property Preservation Customer Service (Current Employee), Mentor, OHJuly 8, 2014
All I can say is the customer service department is stressful, maybe because the management just change and they are trying to structure the department, its not a family friendly company, u can only get 10 points a year, if you or a love one is sick all the time this is not the job for you. underpaid for the amount of work and stress we deal with on – more... a daily basis. – less
productive
Home Inspector (Current Employee), parma ohioJuly 1, 2014
drive from house to house report any changes or damages, I learned organization, my co worker is great. the hardest part is the hours
Good first job
CAR Operations Team Lead (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: data entry experience, management experience, low level microsoft office experience
Cons: pay is terrible, benefits are even worse, no work and personal life balance, stressful beyond belief, little room to grow
Don't be misguided by my header. It's a good first job if you are okay with being a monkey forever. I'm a team lead who has staff making DOLLARS more than I do with zero experience. Safeguard has a very high turnover rate because of the pay and the horrible benefits. I've learned so much about property preservation from this company and I'm glad I got – more... the opportunity to be a team lead but trust me when I say no way do the other team leads agree with how things are carried out. Whether it be discipline, the incentive programs or the production/quality expectations. We have to act like we support it to try to maintain the moral but I've just about given up on that. We hire trash, they look like trash and they work like trash then they get mad for being treated like trash. Those are the people we keep! It's stupid. The people who want to do well and ask questions are seen as problems because no one takes the time to get them answers and they are the ones that are ultimately let go.

I'm proud to say I've gone to the extremes to take care of my team and I have not had a single person quit or be terminated but I am the exception to the rule and I've yet to see any other lead or member of management take that kind of time. We are all extremely busy at safeguard because of how understaffed they keep it but it wouldn't be so understaffed if we just sacrificed those few reports that upper management never looks at anyways.

I'm in trouble if not weekly then monthly because I don't do all the reports I'm supposed to. I stand up to my superiors time and time again reminding them that I am not a business analyst I am a team lead. I can't lead a team that I can't talk to or help because I'm too busy working reports! I don't know how often I've had to put my superiors in check over this.

This review is a little all over the place. To sum it up, I am a team lead/supervisor/business analyst who makes less than the staff and it's an extremely production driven company that does not apply the same rules across all lines of business. Extremely frustrating company to work for. – less
independent contract work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), charlotte ncJune 24, 2014
you must be very self sufficient in order to work by yourself for the most part. My day consist of logging into the safe guard database getting my work orders for today mapping out an efficient route... Making sure all lights smoke detector and any other safety hazard check list requirement is met.
This job was not for me
Bid Desk Specialist/Job Coach (Former Employee), Mentor OhJune 23, 2014
The company has an outrageous turn over rate. There is hardly any leadership and the company is very unorganized.
Safeguard Properties general review
Service Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Mentor, OHJune 10, 2014
Safeguard Properties is a company that values and encourages professional growth through an easily accessible and continuous training department. A well structured management team helps guide employees to demonstrate their best performance while focusing on developing core strengths needed to compete in an ever changing work environment.
Non-Rewarding Company
Specialist (Current Employee), Valley ViewJune 7, 2014
Reactive instead of pro-active environment. Does not value staff or quality production is the main priority.
Good place to refine professional skills
First shift Team Lead of Order Entry (Current Employee), Brooklyn Heights, OHJune 5, 2014
Long story short, Safeguard provides any young person a wealth of opportunity to refine a variety of work place skill sets.
Working there starting out everything is jumbled
REO Estimator (Current Employee), Brooklyn, OHJune 4, 2014
Not a place for someone with thin skin,
Very Very boring place to work, training is long and boring, very informative but a lot of information you don't need to know some stuff you will ever ever use. very confusing. wide veriety of people
Interesting, remarkable, and at times fun
Bid Desk ICC (Current Employee), Valley View, OHApril 27, 2014
Pros: personal time off occassionally
Cons: mandatory over time
Excel spread sheets
decipher/manipulate data
micro-macro
fun, energetic
mandatory over time
reaching stated goals

1 2 3 4 5

About Safeguard Properties

In many ways, Safeguard Properties isĀ a tall, secure fence surrounding its clients' homes. Serving mortgageĀ lenders, Safeguard – Read more