Safeguard Properties Employee Reviews in United States

I wouldn't recommend this company
Evictions specialist/Real Property Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHDecember 14, 2015
This company has a terrible turnover rate. They are currently experiencing lawsuits and as a result of unsatisfied vendors and loss of volume of client properties, they have drastically decreased their work force. They have removed several departments and laid off over 147 people in one day. People are constantly quitting and being fired due to a lack of morale. Lately they have been targeting employees that have worked for the company 5 plus years such as myself. The leadership over all is questionable and certain departments are above blocking individuals from advancement withing the department, especially if they feel they need them for their own agenda.
Pros
benefits, PTO
Cons
Job security, lack of morale
Enjoyed my time
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OH 44125March 28, 2016
Safeguard for me was a great place to work. They treated me fair which in return created me to be loyal and more than willing to do whatever they asked of me. Gave me the opportunity to travel around the country to there different offices. I learned a lot about being in management there and I couldn't of asked for more dedicated employees that where under myself.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Large corporation with heavy turnover
Property Preservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Heights, OHOctober 21, 2015
Safeguard was a small company when I started with less than 50 employees. It now boasts over 1,800. The corporate culture was tough as there was significant turnover but I believe that has been corrected with new Senior Management. Good benefits and room to grow.
Pros
Room for advancement, benefits
This is a great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 29, 2015
This is a great company to work for, they provide great benefits though there medical insurance is a little pricy. The people are great to work with as well as the management.
Great Company.
MLO- Servicing Team Manager/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 26, 2016
Supervise a team of 15- 20 Property Preservation Specialists ensuring default properties are preserved efficiently and in accordance with investor, insurer and internal guidelines. Setting team goals and objectives. Monitoring, tracking and reporting results. Hiring, coaching, counseling and training. Conducting performance evaluations and salary reviews. Ensuring established productivity and quality standards are met. Conducting portfolio audits in order to determine compliance, integrity and timeliness of the property preservation processing. Implementing new procedures which may be required due to changes in the regulatory environment. Monitoring daily work-flow. Recommending ways to improve the team/ departmental processes while minimizing loss exposure. Evaluating training and development needs of staff. Providing appropriate opportunities for advancement and career paths.
Inspectors
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 27, 2016
I relocated to a different state to help this company. They signed a contract saying if I kept a 94per or higher score they would assign work to me. They did for 3 years as I kept a 98per or higher score. I worked 7 days a week 10 to 13 hours a day. After three years of working hard for this company, they asked me to take a 75percent pay cut. Yup I said 75 percent. When I knew how much I paid out of pocket to do the work for them, I knew I could not take that pay cut. So they broke my contract and hired another company to do this job. I sold my house, relocated my family and worked unlimited hours for them. None of this matters.
Cons
Can be a hectic work environment at times. It is a production based work environment and management expects a lot more than they should.
Client Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 2, 2016
There is a lot of favoritism when it comes to advancing. There are a lot of hard working people that get over looked for reasons I don't understand. If you are doing well at work they do offer people an opportunity to work from home. Management depending on the situation will grab someone and expect them to complete work they were never trained to do, which will put a lot of stress on the employee to perform.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
High expectations, not always set up properly to complete the work given.
Choose WISELY if you want to work here!!!
Client Account Liaison (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJune 2, 2015
If you don't ever want to have an outside, be overworked and underpaid, and treated unfairly, then don't take a job here. Management in some dept's can be unfair and work you to the bone, to meet deadlines that are just impossible for one person, on top of the mountain of other work that has to be finished in a timely manner. And if it's not completely correctly, you're threatened to be fired on put on a "Performance Improvement Plan AKA PIP". The pay is good, including the benefits. But when it comes down to it, it's just not worth it. Because you can't enjoy it, because you're always working (mostly everyday and every weekend).
You do meet and work with nice people, but, when it comes to the "upper management" and the "middle management" they just don't have a real clue as to how difficult they make the job for the people who actually DO the work for the company.
Pros
Benefits, meeting nice people to work with
Cons
Management, overworked
My current Job
Order Entry Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHJune 14, 2016
A typical day at Safeguard Properties consist of Placing orders for the client to preserve the properties that we manage
I have learned a lot about all the different types of loan types and what it takes to keep the properties up to code. My management team is excellent they work well with trying to accommodate time off requests and they are really hands on and available for you when you have a question.
the hardest part of my job is the commute to and from work
I love the team interactions that we have and i love learning about new things that help make our job easier.
Why are they still in business????
REO (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2015
They must be paying people to come on here and write good reviews for them. This was a good place to work for a few yrs ago, but depending on what dept you work for determines a good or bad experience. The same rules that apply to you doesn't apply to managers. My dept went from about 15 to 6 ppl in less than a year. To keep anymore people from posting out one manager did a random check of personal emails, and was able to write up people so they can't post out for 6 months. Desperate move to save her own behind, and no one in upper management seems to see anything wrong with this. HR is NOT for the employees, they are for the managers. Don't even go to them for help, it's pointless. Some depts have flex time, which is really good if you need to come in late or leave early. My manager made sure our dept didn't get it, just another way to micro manage us. I'm sure there are fun dept here, my experience just wasn't a good one.
Pros
Overtime, flex time, permanent dress down
Cons
Micro managers, no one to go to for issues
Horrible Management Issues
Property Preservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Heights, OHJune 12, 2016
Good luck if you got a job here. If your manager likes you then you might stand a chance. So stressful that Ive caught SEVERAL people crying outside due to stress and pressure of quotas. HR is corrupt at the Brooklyn hts office and I would recommend staying away from them if you have an issue. Wouldn't be surprised if it closed down soon with all the lawsuits. Surprised they have gotten away with it this long.
Pros
its a job lol
Cons
Everything but the pro
Challenging, multi-task & detailed job.
Client Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 9, 2015
My job at Safeguard Properties was challenging, multi-tasked & detailed oriented, which is what I enjoyed most about it. I enjoy a mind stimulating job with many challenges on a day to day basis.

Working independently was also a requirement for the most part. Determining a solution to prior issues in order to find a resolution to meet convey deadlines was detrimental as well. This being the most challenging part of the job at times. However, I also enjoyed doing this.

Co-workers were very helpful as I was also helpful to them anytime assistant was needed. Sometimes, two heads are better than one as a second opinion can be beneficial. Management focused on emails from upper management for the most part. We were to take damage losses to her for approval if we were needing to use the company's money to address any issues.
Pros
No rush hour traffic due to location of office
Cons
Could not eat certain things in the office because manager did not like the smell of it (fish, onions)
No loyalty to employees
FIeld Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 10, 2016
Expect to spend 80+ hours a week away from your family, only to be laid off over the phone along with 15 other employees.

Good compensation but terribly unorganized in day to day operations.
Flexible Company
Vacant Property Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 24, 2016
They give 3 weeks PTO per year that increases with service.
Allow Flex-Time and work from home.
Benefits are good but expensive. Casual Work Environment.
Pros
Onsite cafe, Work from Home for certain positions
unfair policies; cheated clients; inefficient contractors
Code Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with clients and city officials and being a problem solver; however, it was tedious to send contractors back to complete jobs properly.
Management was not directly involved and failed to delegate properly and fairly.
Some team members were unable to handle their work load, making others work harder for the same pay.
Pros
close to home
Cons
unfair duties; unfiair work load; dirty work envioronment
Negative environment
Insurance Settlement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJanuary 20, 2016
There are no industry standards. Their management team will dehumanize anyone who works there unless they are a total pawn and ask no questions.
Safeguard is being sued by Illinois. They have questionable ethics.
Pros
You get a pay check that doesn't bounce
Cons
Management is cruel
Shady Company
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, txSeptember 15, 2015
Management is inefficient, rude, disrespectful and don't know how to coach and develop their team. They set their people up for failure. There is no culture in this company, especially in the Richardson office. production standards are ridiculous and unobtainable unless you sacrifice quality which costs the company money on the back end.
We were told we would all have jobs but many of us were released.
Policyholder services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 6, 2016
We were bought out by Safeguard and many of the promises that were made to us were not kept. My position was primarily ensuring that contractor bills were arrived timely and were correct. If everything was proper then payment was authorized.
Pros
It was good to work with the same people as at Bank of America.
Cons
We were not allowed to keep our jobs as we were led to believe.
Fun Stop
VPR Data Entry, Inspections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 12, 2016
Don't plan on staying, fun place to work, work hard, keep your mouth shut and pray you keep your job. They have kiddie size and bosses with no degrees. If the leads don't like you, your fired, just have fun while it last. Good benefits, sorry management team, oh and lots of lay-offs without any notification.
Pros
Great place to work for a short period of time
Cons
Poor Management
Company pays well but management unaware of everyday hurdles.
Client Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJune 23, 2016
Safeguard pays very well and has recently made positive changes. In some departments management isn't as willing to understand the daily struggles employees face. They can be more focused on quantity instead of quality.

2.7