Safeguard Self Storage
Founded in 1989, Safeguard has set the standard in the self storage industry for over 20 years. With a commitment to superior customer service and modern, high-quality facilities, Safeguard has established a leadership position in the market.
At Safeguard, we believe your work experience should provide more than a paycheck. It should include challenging, interesting work in an inspiring atmosphere that offers abundant opportunities to grow. Our commitment to innovation provides tremendous opportunities to develop new skills, think "outside the box", and gain valuable, hands-on experience.
We value the success of all of our employees because we know that our collective success is based on individual performances. We hire people who are interested in excelling, people who "bring their A game" everyday. We provide the challenges and the tools-you provide the passion for excellence, creative thinking and determination.
Visit our website: www.safeguardit.com
This position reports to the District Manager and is responsible for overseeing the operations of one store. This position is accountable for direct customer sales as well as follow-up with the customers referred to the store by the Customer Solution Center. Responsibilities include ensuring that operating standards are executed and followed, ensuring that the interior and exterior premises are clean and well maintained and that revenue and profitability targets are achieved. Maintain store at an acceptable level on the Property Performance Review.
Financial Management and Reporting
- Take daily deposits to the bank.
- Meet and maintain monthly revenue goals, audit daily documents, code and approve invoices, contact delinquent customers to request payment.
- Use the SMART system to rack financial result, create and monitor budgets, and daily and monthly goals.
- Train, and supervise the staff.
- Maintain a productive and fun work atmosphere where employees take pride in their job and their work environment.
- Prepare the weekly schedule to appropriately staff the store for coverage during store hours in a fair and equitable manner; not to create burden.
- Complete a lock check three times a week to ensure security and to reconcile tenant inventory.
- Perform security functions.
- Walk the interior and exterior premises on a daily basis to ensure all areas are clean and free of any maintenance issues.
Sales and Marketing
- Provide potential customers with information about the variety of available storage spaces and amenities.
- Visit local businesses, apartments and condominiums to meet with the building managers about the company and provide them with marketing materials to share with their employees/tenants. Other marketing efforts as needed.
- Conduct auction proceedings for storage items that have been relinquished by the renter.
- Respond to customer issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Complete the company required paperwork and correspondence on a timely basis.
- Conduct merchandise inventory counts once a week to ensure an ample supply is available and that sold merchandise is properly entered into Domico.
- Maintain the time allocation per task to ensure operating standards are achieved.
- Minimum of three years retail experience
- Previous sales, retail or business management experience is a plus
- Ability to analyze financial statements
- Time management
- Motivate staff and create a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft applications Word, Excel and Outlook
- Spanish is a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate or Bachelor degree a plus
We offer an excellent compensation package to include: $14.00- $16.00 per hour (based on experience) plus quarterly and annual performance bonuses, medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacations and holidays. We are a drug and alcohol free workplace. Backgrounds and drug screens will be conducted.