Safeguard Employee Reviews

night shift work so lots of extra time
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 15, 2016
secure gates and log everyone in and out thereafter. walk the perimeter every hr and scan all doors and gates. a few hrs after securing gates everyone would be gone til morning so it was fairly lonely.
Pros
i was attending school so lots of time for writing papers and homework
Cons
little to no contact with people
Safeguard was a good place to work.
IT Architecture and Engineering Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 26, 2016
Normal balance between work and life.
Had a great supervisor who encouraged our work and job ethic.
Co-workers were enjoyable to work with.
During my time there, I grew in my competency and self-assurance.
SafeGuard
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CONovember 20, 2016
Management provided no training or insight I had to learn on my own. Management was not forthright to customers. Directions and instructions were not clear. They did not take advantage of my skills.
Pros
remote work at home
Cons
no support or training
Challenging Changing Enviornment
Data Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CaliforniaSeptember 27, 2016
The position obtained at the company allowed me to expand my knowledge on Medicare fraud analysis and how to find that through data extractions. I grew tremendously with SGS and I owe a lot of credit to my manager who allowed me the opportunities to grow.
Pros
Competitive
Cons
Sub Contractor
stable work enviornment
Roof Inspection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 17, 2016
overall a great place to work and grow in a company on the rise.
had i not had some issues in my personal life i would have stayed with them. Truly a great place to work
Productive day
Housekeeping & Security (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2016
The first should contain everything you need to get done soon. It should be a comprehensive list of short, medium and long-term projects and work, and you should constantly adjust it. The second to-do list should be what you can reasonably expect to get the job done.
Productive workplace
Enviromental technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2016
My co-workers are very nice.
It is a clean place to work and quit.
N/a
N/A.
But I need to work near from my house.
I love to work with children.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Not a good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 15, 2015
Deal directly with customers by telephone, electronically and face to face, process orders and quotes, respond promptly to customer inquiries, handle and resolve customers issues and concerns, organize workflow to meet customer’s time frames, keep records of customer interactions and transactions.
A very stressful work enviornment, good pay if you get enough work
Field Housing Inspector (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 7, 2015
If you are the big manager your not as busy, but if you are inspectors, data entry, or even managing the other subcontractors it's an absolute nightmare. Pay is good but its all commission so the more work you get the more money. A typical date for inspectors would be to drive anywhere from 6-10 hours depending on how much light is actually out there and sometimes you are forced to work 7 days a week depending on the volume of work. If you manage them you have to head home and review all the other people's work and either approve or reject thousands of information daily.
Started well and declined
Medicare Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 31, 2015
The first 3 years at SGS were enjoyable because of the honest effort by the owner and the managers to investigate Medicare fraud. The company was sold and the political climate changed in 2012, resulting in a number-driven instead of quality-driven company. The number of investigators declined from a peak of over 130 to less than 40 when I left.
Small office environment with super friendly staff
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WASeptember 19, 2014
A typical day at work would include answering all incoming calls and routing as needed. I processed all incoming orders and answered questions on products available. I worked closely with the other employees to ensure 100% satisfaction by our customers. I was responsible for maintaining customer files and inputting information for their accounts as necessary.
Pros
Extremely generous management team
Cons
No health insurance coverage
first company in the valley to give me a chance.
Alarm Technician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 30, 2012
Unfortunately this company is not as good as it seems,even being as a local alarm monitoring company. I did pretty good at this company in the beginning, I actually was employee of the month twice. With this said I have always wondered why I was dis missed from this company. Then I found out why! it was the end of the year and the company had to cut back to make their bonus for the family! oops! I meant the company! If you look up the definition in the dictionary under "nepotism" the name of this company would be there.
Pros
company vehicle, travel, limited supervision
Cons
lies, deception, nepotism
Enjoy the people I work with and the job.
Administrative Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PASeptember 14, 2012
A typical work day was scanning medical records for nurses, faxing, filing. I learned how medicare fraud is handled in all aspects. I love my co-workers as well as management. The hardest part of the day is not having anything to do when the work is all done. Most enjoyable part of the day is getting the work done and knowing everyone has what they need.
Pros
no monitoring of when you take your breaks.
Cons
not being a full time employee/have no medical benefits or vacation time.
Fun workplace
Gate Officer In Charge (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 24, 2013
control gate access for visitors and vendors. You have to form a thick skin in security in general. Management demands a lot and the pay does not reflect the balance. Different attitudes and different walks of life amongst co-workers. The hardest part of the job is playing coach or referee. The most enjoyable part of the job is having weekends off.
Pros
property scenery, gatehouse amenities, Christmas bonuses
Cons
healthcare, pay rate
Interesting job where you would see something differnt everyday
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Belpre, OhioMay 22, 2014
A typical day at safeguard could range from cleaning a house, to cutting the grass, to removing everything from the house. Such as furniture in the house, any nails in the walls and things like that. I have learned all kinds of things from this job from to how to drive with a trailer to something as big as checking the pipes throughout the house and making sure they aren't any leaks.
A nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAOctober 29, 2013
I honestly didn't work here very long to give it a good review. I have done some searches and I don't think it is even open anymore. That is sad to me, because I really grew to love the family that owned it. (They owned a toy store right next store as well - I actually applied there, but they knew I was better here)
I fit in pretty well, and I was doing a good job in my mind. Sadly, the only reason I left was because I met my now ex-husband and moved away to CT.
I enjoyed bringing in my methods of sales, because I was the only one there really pushing their advertising specialty items (promotional items) I felt like they really took me in and I would have stayed longer, if I had not met my then soon-to-be-husband.
Pros
Familiar work, Great Staff and Management
Cons
About an hour from home... too long of a commute
New management
HP. Healthcare Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 14, 2013
Safeguard Services is a subsidiary of HP. It offers standard benefits and colleagues are friendly and supportive. The work environment is not bad, but has yet to adapt to new management.
Pros
Relatively good benefits. Friendly coworkers.
Cons
Over complicated unnecessary proceedures
Solid Company, Good Work environment
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 1, 2014
Privately held company with a focus on building business. Employees are productive or they don't last (I like this as it keeps the company from hauling around a lot of dead weight). I have learned a lot here, and continue to do so.
Global payroll company
Manager, Global Partner Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 14, 2015
A global payroll company that was originally based in the United Kingdom but is now in the United States with head quarters in Texas and global centres in India and Mexico.
Drama Bomb
CSR (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 14, 2012
*Management/HR is on a big time buddy system
*A lot of supervisors don't have any people skills or common sense
*Great benefits but the pay sucks
*Always overwhelmed
Pros
casual dress, good benefits
Cons
too many drama queens & too much of a buddy system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safeguard. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8