Safehaven Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Wonderful place to work
Med Aide/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDJune 2, 2017
The administrator here is seriously the best boss I have ever had. While I was working here I had some family things come up and she was very understanding about everthing.
Very Rewarding, but Emotionally Exhausting
Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 20, 2016
I loved working at SafeHaven of Tarrant County where I was a Client Advocate on second shift that did everything from helping to meet the daily needs of clients in shelter, to answering crisis calls, general office work, picking up clients and handing out supplies such as baby wipes, diapers, and laundry soap. Every day had something different going on with the same basic undertones of a non-profit agency for domestic violence. The variety kept the job from being repetitive, but constantly working in such a stressful area was very taxing on emotional reserves. I did learn that I loved social work and wanted to get a graduate degree to do administrative social work. Management was always willing to work with employees on every level and they did their best to really take of their employees, including self-care promotion. Most of my co-workers were fabulous to work with and helped reduce the stress of the atmosphere with various celebrations and events. I loved being able to help people on a day-to-day basis, especially when they were going through a rough time.
Pros
Wonderful experience, great co-workers, meaningful job
Cons
High stress, emotional toll
Nice staff. An amazing facility to work in.
Certfied Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDAugust 12, 2016
The staff at Safehaven is full of people who like to laugh and have a good time while they do there job. I have worked here for a couple months and they have treated me with respect.
Pros
Always have shifts available for pick up
Cons
People always quit after a few months of working there.
A enjoyable workplace where compassion is very important.
Caregiver, Head of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 5, 2016
SafeHaven is a wonderful place to work and very fast paced. Any position there requires the ability to change direction at a moments notice and be prepared to complete what ever is required.
Pros
A good work ethic
Get place to work
Client Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. Its a good place to start if you are looking to get an understanding of entry level social worker role.
safehaven was a great place for me to do my college internship
Intern-had to perfrom 420 hours for school credit (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHOctober 28, 2014
I enjoyed doing my internship I and II at safehaven in piqua,ohio. I learned about working with mental health adults in group setting. the management at this facility helped me out as needed and my co-workers will all excellent. there really wasn't anything hard about this job and I really enjoyed it here!
Pros
free lunches everyday that i worked
Cons
non-payed internship