Safelite Auto Glass

Safelite Auto Glass United States Employee Reviews

friendly work enviroment
Mobile Installation Technician (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COApril 10, 2015
Pros: every day was not the same as the day before
Cons: being on the road during all weather condictions
drove a company work truck and went to the customers location and installed there automotive glass needs. I inspected the new glass to be installed to make sure that it was free from defects. I would explain to the customer what was going to take place before the install was to being. I would cut out the old glass from the customers car, and then install the new piece of glass
A good place to work
ROUTE DRIVER/WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee), Middletown, NYApril 1, 2015
Pros: Alot of potential to move up in company
Cons: It was very hard to get a full- time position.
Typical day at work get my invoices to see how many windshields I have to deliver that day to the stores .. I can honestly say my manger was a great guy and my boss too, I got alone with all my co-workers,
Great atmosphere
Warehouse/Driver (Current Employee), Tauton MassMarch 22, 2015
Pros: leave when the jobs done
Cons: not enough hours
great company to work for. Supervisor are excellent and they know what there doing. we are able to take breaks when ever our task is finish.
Hard working
Fork lift operator (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 19, 2015
I picked and cleaned and loaded windshields. I learned how to run a forklift and drive a big box truck. The hardest part of working there is not getting respect.
safelite
Repair Tech (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 16, 2015
Pros: company car and gas card
Cons: management
Calling customers, cleaning out cars, fixing windows. when I was there people were great I loved my co-workers. although friends of mine still work there say new management has come in and they were worst then before.
bad communication.
Repair Medic (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTMarch 12, 2015
Pros: work vehicle
Cons: communication, pay, hours
there aren't very many pros to this job.
Out in the weather all day whether being hot and 90 degrees, or snowing and below freezing. worked on customers windshields, to fill in a rock chip. driving upwards of 200 miles a day.
Very negative job outlook from that position.
decent pay, very depressed workers doing something they don't want to do.
Awful communication of scheduling, appointments, hours, worker to worker communication was low.
Unfriendly environment to work.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK APPRECIATE WHAT YOU DO
Inventory Control Associate (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: we had cook out's outside of the warehouse it was a family thing there
Cons: we took a break soon as we could after the job was done
VERY PRODUCTIVE AND A FUN PLACE TO WORK I WORKED MOSTLY UNSUPERVISED WHEN I CAME TO THE DOOR I KNOWED WHAT I HAD TO DO LOAD / UNLOAD VAN FOR THE NEXT DELIEVERY
Not a good place to work
Technician (Current Employee), NEFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: incentives
Cons: overloaded with jobs everyday
Not there for employees, nobody is happy there. I would not recommend as a place to work.
Write you up for being late once
Training class teaches you about the policies, then thrown out to learn on your own on the job without help.
Management only cares about numbers and how many jobs are completed, letting quality suffer.
Co-workers always unhappy and overworked, many getting one or less days off a week.
Hardest part is having to teach yourself
Enjoyable part is interacting with customers.
Would not recommend to my worst enemy.
Customer Service Representative- I (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, lynx services
At first I loved this job. The management was super nice. I started this job 12 weeks pregnant. I was able to wear t-shirts, eat on the floor, drink on the floor, and I was able to leave when I was having a rough day. I became friends with my manager. She bought things for my daughter hung out with me outside of work etc. I came back from maternity leave and instantly I was being talked to about my clothes, drinks etc. I am not flashy. I dress comfortable. Black pants, and zip up jackets.. I wasn't over the top. But I wasn't wearing pajamas. They had the nerve to yell at me for wearing a PLAIN BLACK TSHIRT. Nothing was showing. It didn't have writing on it. But the girl next to me in a red t-shirt v neck didn't get in trouble. So apparently having big boobs AND showing them is appropriate. But being modest is NOT. Even when I had on dress pants, managers would seriously stop me to feel my pants to make sure they were dress material. You cant have water bottles on the floor. Were not 12 we can seal the lid. You have to move desks everyday, but my boss went as far as to walk across the floor and make us move if we weren't in her section. Talk about junior high all over again. The managers play favorites. They always harass you for extra hours, regardless of how many times you say no thank you, or I cant today. They pretend to care at first about your life. But they don't. I am glad I gained the experience I did, but Safe lite doesn't know how to keep good employees. They are too focused on treating adults like little kids. If this job is going be short term for you, you will make it. But long term, its not the place.
Great part time job
Referral Associate (Former Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 16, 2015
Safelite Auto Glass is great for a part time job. They have decent pay and a lot of available hours to work. The management knows what they're talking about and are willing to assist their employees through any issues they may have. They did not have any full time positions available.
Productive and challenging place to work
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: pizza, chick filet was provided at diffrent times
Cons: prefer not to answer this question
We handled about 80 calls per hour or more ,we were tested weekly on different accounts, always kept up to date, always provided training programs, calls were monitored to keep us proficient. I enjoyed providing World Class Service to the customers.
Great Company to work for.
Senior Auto Glass Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2015
Safelite® Group is a nationwide family of retail auto glass companies - the nation's leading provider of auto glass repair and replacement services. They are rapidly growing, evolving and striving to become the Natural Choice for vehicle glass repair and replacement services in the United States.
State Farm
Supervisor (Current Employee), columbus, ohJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: family feel
Cons: no cafe
Is about making their employee happy
The do not have an occurrence policy in the department I worked
There is room for advancement
The Schedules are flexible
Great company to work for
They have a great employee appreciation day
Doctors office on staff
Customer Recovery Agent
Customer Recovery Agent (Current Employee), Sawmill, OhioJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day at work involves a full-day on the phones, serving customers with warranty issues. I learned how to use all the functions (transferring, conferencing, etc.) on a phone. I learned how to set up rental car claims for customers. I also learned how to deal with escalated customers.
Daily at Safelite Autoglass
Sales Rep 2 (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: fulltime work with benefits
Cons: working long awkward hours
I liked working with people over the phone and helping them with bad situations of needing glass repairs and replacements.
NOT GOOD
Customer service specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: decent healthcare
Cons: management
If you are offered this job run in the opposite direction. The management has no communication with its employees or each other. It had low pay for hard work and low chances of moving up.
Productive work company , fun, and a great experience.
Customer Service Represenitive (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good pay, great hours, and great job security
Cons: shorty breaks, not allowed to be 1 second late from break.
Taking incoming phone calls for insurance claims on glass damage to vehicles. I Learned the process of filing a claim how to communicate via telephone, and email with insured and insurance agents. Management was good very open minded always willing to help. Co workers were nice very diverse. Hardest part of the job receiving calls from unknown insurance companies to file glass claims. Most enjoyable part of the job is being around great people and learning something new everyday, very good company to work for I loved it.
Good employees under my management was a plus
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 10, 2015
Workload was too heavy for individuals with family to maintain a healthy work/home balance and caused a great deal of stress.

I believed in and was a promoter to the best of my ability of our core values as a company. However, the core values listed from our corporate offices and the implementation of those at the field level was not attainable due to a breakdown in between upper management and those in the field.

I personally had a very strong customer service rating and grew our local store based on that foundational value at my location.
great work enviornment
Truck Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), Alexandria, VADecember 18, 2014
a typical day at work delivering auto glass , I learn the different type of auto glass cuts and repairs . co-workers I had at safelite was awesome..i just love working people
Installer/Repair Tech (Former Employee), Kingston, NYDecember 10, 2014
Pros: pay & benefits
Cons: sometime stressfull
8-5
How to repair cracks and install door glass and windshields
Manager at the shop was Great
co-workers was Great
hardest part was "Time" to get the job done correctly
Best part was benefits, Pay, and helping the customers

1 2 3 4 5