Safelite AutoGlass Employee Reviews

The worst place on the planet!!!
call center (Current Employee) –  columbus ohioSeptember 24, 2012
I have been there for years and I'm still stuck in the same position as the day I started. No room for advancement, does NOT matter if you are putting 110% into the job. They are not a family friendly company. If you have children, this is not the place to work. If your child gets sick, they do not care. The dress code makes no sense. The benefits are not good at all! You literally work your behind off every single day taking back to back calls, not worth the money to be honest. They talk about bonus checks and yet you never see a dime, oh wait. . . I did get one bonus check for $16. First company I ever worked for that has done absolutely nothing for their employees, even holidays. Atleast at my last jobs you get some kind of christmas bonus or something. But at safelite, your gift is finding out that you got drafted to work horrible hours on christmas day. Management is horrible, they do not know how to run a business and are very unprofessional. They say lead by example, well at safelite you have all these crazy rules and yet you sit and watch management break every single rule but they are the first to jump down your throat if you make one mistake. They have their favorite employees which get to do pretty much whatever they want and your stuck picking up the slack. They over work you. You are not allowed to use the restroom unless its your break. When your monitored, doesn't matter if you score 100, they still find a way to put you down and make you feel like bad. Some of the job coaches I like, but most are not smart at all and have no clue what they are doing. You ask  more... them a question and they just look at you with this blank look on their faces and shrug. You will never get the schedule you want, the position you want and trying to get your hard earned vacation time approved is like pulling teeth. They force more accounts on you with no compensation and the yearly raises are like 20 cents starting the 2nd year you work there. Its hard enough to be yelled at and called every single name in the book while on the phone with these upset insureds but to also be treated bad by management everyday just makes it hard. I absolutely hate that job and dread going in there every single day. That place has put me into such a deep depression. Every morning I wake up, I just want to cry, that's how bad it is. Although I go in there and still continue to put my all into the job, I just don't see a future with safelite and I am currently looking for another job. I am willing to take a pay cut just to get out of there. Don't be fooled, they promise you the world and make their company look like the "best place to work" in the interview. But once your in, all the stuff promised, you'll never see or get and the only reason why they were rated the best place to work is because they stand behind you and watch everything you put on the survey, so your forced to make them look good even though you know its not true. On an ending note, they are currently being sued by their employees, if that tells you anything. DO NOT WORK THERE!  less
Pros
nothing at all
Cons
everything

Comment – October 17, 2012

They really do not care how many hours you put in. As long the numbers are good, they are happy. Your life ends as soon as you start working for Safelite. Wish anyone the best when applying.

Comment – October 22, 2012

I AGREE WITH ALL YOU HAVE SAID ABOUT THE COMPANY. I WAS JUST LET GO FROM A SAFELITE BECAUSE THRY SAID MONEY WAS MISSING. I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT BUT BECAUSE EVERYONE NEW MY LOG IN PASSWORD AND NOT ONE MANAGER WOULD SHOW ME HOW T CHANGE IT IM RECEIVING ALL THE BLAM FOR IT. MY STORE HASNT HAD A MANAGER IN 7 MONTHS, JUST A GUY WHOS OVER 3 HRS AWAY AND DIDNT CARE WHAT HAPPENED AT THE STORE AND A REGIONAL MANAGER WHO CARES MORE ABOUT HUNTING THEN RUNNING HIS STORES.

They set a high bar for themselves. But, fall short completely.
DC Associate (Former Employee) –  Braslton, GAFebruary 1, 2013
They'll give you plenty of carrots to look at. While you go nowhere, and accomplish nothing. I was showered with promises. Of good pay, and benefits. From the second I walked in the door. (Mind you. I never saw any of it, come to fruition.)

I would come in, each day. Stand and wait on the floor for our Superiors to walk out of their offices. we'd exercise. And then our captains would pick us for teams. (Seemingly at random, most times.) Then we would proceed to our designated areas. And that's it. You do get two breaks. But otherwise you stay in the same 100ftx100ft area all day(if not a smaller area). Which is extra impressive. Considering the building takes 5min. to walk from one end to the other.

There are a few good supervisors. Who seem like genuinely good people. Problem is. You never get to interact with them. I foolishly decided to, one time. And then subsequently got shaken down. By one, far less pleasant. For subverting their almighty authority. Even though, it is an "open door company."

Everyone who has been there for a while, get along great. But if you don't get along with ONE person. (especially if they are a manager, or in tight with one) Then you can be let go, without warning. On several occasions, I was confided to. With the information that a co-worker of mine, could "have" someone fired that they didn't like. And at least twice that I'm aware of. It DID happen. I unfortunately, was one of those people. I was let go, because "I did not meet their requirements." right after 3 brand new people were hired. And 5 people were let go. 1 of which was already hired
  more... on. (You have to start as a temp. It's the only way to work there.)

A week or two before I was let go. I was told, I would get to move up to a picker. (a fast track to getting hired, let me tell you. They have serious tents pitched, for people who can pick.) And coincidentally. An employee who had been let go a year prior, do to absenteeism. Was re-hired on. Not only did she get to bypass working in the back of the warehouse. (something EVERYONE has to do. Sometimes for 4 or more months.) But, she was put on a picker ahead of me. Something I had already been waiting a couple months to do.

Overall. Working there was a black hole of mind numbing, monkey level labor, high school level drama, And unfulfilled promises.

Feels good to let it all out. There's a whole Lot of wrong, going on there. Be warned.
Pros
you don't have to use your brain
Cons
you don't get to use your brain
Job Interview
Tech. Manager Safelite AutoGlass (Former Employee) –  Jackson M.SJuly 28, 2012
I recently had a interview with Safelite Auto Glass that I actually enjoyed so I thought I would take some time out of my day to write about it.I think I most everybody looses sleep days before and after a interview that could alter their life/lifestyle so perhaps this will put your mind at ease if you have upcoming interview with Safelite.I have recently decided that after many years of working for local auto glass companies that despite their good pay it would be a wise to obtain a job with a larger company that could provide benefits for my new family. After a little research online it was obvious the choice was Safelite.I browsed through there easy to navigate careers department on there web page and stumbled across a few promising positions .I filled out the application not expecting a such a quick reply of interest.The person who contacted me was the general manager for the Jackson M.S area. He was very business but very personable, we talked discussed a the job and the logistics of it . He explained to me that jobs of this position are handled through there human recourses but he thought I was a promising enough candidate that he would have them contact me for a preliminary interview . I happily agreed, already thinking that I had made the rite choice for me and my family.The human resources dept contacted me the very next day. Me and the human resources lady spoke for a while as I answered her various easy to answer and easy to follow questions.{not off the wall trick questions like I was expecting}.We concluded the interview by talking more as friends then potential  more... employ/employer.Once again this was more assurance that I was making the rite choice.The next day after that the general manger contacted me again and told me that I sounded promising enough for a personal interview and we agreed on a time and date.The day of the interview drove to general manager office where the lady from human resources was also there to interview me.They invited me into a comfortable office setting and proceed to interview not interrogate which is how I have felt in interviews in the past.We all spoke on a business level and a personal level till the interview was concluded.The general manger gave me a tour introduced me around and told me some about the area I would be moving to going well above and beyond to make sure I was going to happy with this move for me and my family if he chose me.He explained the rest of the process for hiring and told me that he would be getting back to me shortly.He wished me a safe trip home and even offered to reimburse my fuel .I have not heard back from them yet but I really hope I do, so far I'm really excited to join this company!  less
Pros
nice managment

Comment – August 3, 2012

This is just the interview process your job title will be something completely different after you are hired this is a at will employer that basicly means they can get rid of you at anytime for anything. I do not beleive they offered to pay for gas that just sounds unbelievable!

Comment – September 9, 2012

I am not a liar and I am not sure why you are so angry With Safelite. This website is for those whom have had a exsperience with this company to come and share. I have no reason to lie and it is not a uncommon act for a employer to offer pay for a potential candidate to travel to meet for a interview. I took off a day of work and drove 200 miles for this interview. Im sorry your exsperience with Safelite was poor and I hope you are happy with your current job!.Have a good day!

Comment – May 28, 2013

It is not uncommon for a company to comp your travel expenses if you are coming from out of town. My full time employer does that...I recently became a part time employee of safelite...i think my 3 part interview went rather well. I met with three different associates and they were all pleasant.

Telephone Sales Representative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 1, 2015
A day as a TSR consists of coming into work, finding a desk, giving it a good cleaning if you feel like it, and getting all your software ready to go.

Your primary job is to take incoming sales calls from customers in need of auto glass replacements. You assist customers paying with cash and file insurance claims for those using an insurance policy.

Helping people can be very enjoyable at times but almost daily you'll be the person that has to speak with upset customers. Apologizing for mistakes and having to contact different people within the company to fix issues gets old fast. Right in the job title it says SALES. Not customer service. I was hired because I had great sales experience and my job was to be a SALESMAN and not a secretary or a hatchet man doing clerical work and apologizing for mix ups.

Your immediate managers are fantastic. They're very kind, they're experienced, and will offer you unlimited support. If you have any negative criticism at all you're not a "team player" and become a pariah among them though. I had to bite my tongue several times when I felt like I had good ideas to share. The people they advance definitely drink the Safelite water and the phony positivity can make you cringe at times.

There is a very high turn over rate for this job and it seems the company will hire anyone. A lot of them definitely don't belong in a position to help customers, they're not very bright (really really not bright), and don't know how to talk to people.

I was very successful there and was among their top salespeople but unfortunately it didn't translate
  more... to someone they wanted in a position of more responsibility. Which is an unfortunate in the sales industry. My immediate manager greatly supported me though and recommended me for every position I tried to apply for.

You get exposure to how an entire industry works and this job is a great stepping stone to work at the largest and phenomenally successful auto glass replacement company.
Pros
good length break for part timers, good pay, immediate management is great, will work around your schedule, the position and company is well recognized and it looks good that you worked there
Cons
success at this job provides very little help with promotions, typical phony super positive culture as with many corporate environments, have to deal with upset customers which isn't told to you upfront
Worse place to work. Racial profiling and slander
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 23, 2013
I was wrongfully terminated by my general manager and escorted off the premises by the sheriffs department. I had an verbal altercation with another co-worker about a part. The person who put the part in the wrong area I jokingly called him stupid. Typical warehouse joking which we do everyday. The co worker that I had an altercation with took up for the employee I called stupid. Not knowing that I was only joking with him. She then became furious and screamed at me and told me I didn't have to call anyone stupid, as if I had called her stupid. When she talks behind this guys back every other day. and I was talking about the guy not her. She then stormed out of the warehouse and went back into the office. Now she is and office worker not a manager I didn't disrespect her at all. I was on the cherry picker the whole time this was taking place. Now when I was finished picking parts, as I got off the picker I said to myself "I can't stand two-faced people. Those type of people don't live long." Two other workers were around when I said this. I was only stating a fact. It is a proven fact that God does not approve of sneaky, deceitful acts. I assume the two coworkers told the general manager what happened. So 15 mins went by then my general manager and a sheriff approached me and said they needed to talk to me. We went into the conference room and I explained my story. Afterwards the sheriff wrote me a summons for simple assault. My general manager came in and told me I was fired and I was banned from safelite and if I was on the premises I would be trespassing and will be arrested.  more... I didn't assault anyone or threaten anyone's life. I wasn't even belligerent. My direct manager/warehouse manager didn't even talk to me. Police did not even talk to the young lady they merely took her side and fired me. No one tried to even hear me out. They wanted to make there decision and get rid of me because of my ethnicity. I lost my job for a complete misunderstanding. And this could have been settled without law enforcement if my managers stepped up. They didn't even give me a chance.  less
Cons
racist and poor management
I'd rather work at a Burger King
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 10, 2013
Where do I start? I thought I would give this company a chance after being constantly told "Oh there's room for advancement!" when you and 500+ other people are going for the same thing.
I thought I was doing a great job by getting a job done and even being complimented by customers but that's not enough. Forget to say "I'm soooo sorry for your damage!" and you fail your phone call no matter how well the call went. It's so easy to get hired and so easy to get fired here. Slip up a "can I please have" instead of "may I" and fail your call too even though you go above and beyond for a ungrateful customer depending on your coach.
The management is a joke. I've been here almost two months and still have not any bosses but my job coach. Even when you need your job coach they all just seem to disappear when you need them. Not to mention they nit pick you to death! Make an improvement when you take their advice? Well guess what it wasn't good enough! Finished a great phone call but didn't make small talk about weather or their crying baby? 40 points off!!! Of course this depends on your job coach if you're lucky, I was unfortunate. Honestly I kept passing my monitors until I was passed in to a particular lady....not saying any names.
What's with being treated like a child? Stickers, balloons, and a cookie? Can't go to the potty x amount of times in a day? You get three absences even with a dr note and you're gone! Be a minute late from break and you get penalized.
I'm so glad I left this prison
Pros
clean environment, discount, weekly pay, co-workers
Cons
benefits, attendance, short breaks, micro management, little advancement
Keep looking
Former CSR (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 13, 2015
Throughout training, you'll hear on a daily basis what an amazing place this is to work and that this is the last job you will ever want to work at. They also make it a point to constantly remind you how infrequently they let people go. A woman in our training class asked why this job was always available with their claims of low turnover. She got some bs answer about how people quickly advance through the company. Funny thing? Said woman was gone the next day. We were told she decided the job wasn't for her. Wouldn't surprise me if she was told not to come back for asking what many of us were thinking. Anyhow, after two weeks of training (And for the record, you better get 90s or above on your quizzes and final exam or you'll be sent packing. Lost three potentially great co workers because of this, despite being told "noone ever has been fired because of failing a quiz or final, they wouldn't allow it to happen") we were off to the floors. It's really not a hard job, anyone can do it. However take the word of everyone on here saying it. They find reasons to nitpick to the nth and find reasons to fire you. No matter how diligent a worker you are and how good your scores are, they're always with their nose to the ground trying to find a cause to send you packing. Every positive they tell you in training is bs. It's not a team atmosphere where they genuinely want you to succeed. If it was, the turnover rate wouldn't be nearly what it is. The job coaches are about as helpful as the vending machines and upper management can't be bothered with.

Trust your judgement. There's
  more... a reason this job is always posted on here and why they're always hiring and it surely isn't because people quickly get promoted.  less
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Massive turnover rate, the promises made don't equal what you actually get
Nice Place To Work While In Between Jobs
Insurance Referral Agent (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 15, 2012
This company is all about micro-managing and treating their employees like numbers rather than people. You have to ask just to use the bathroom. If you a late by LITERALLY 1 second coming back from your break, you are reprimanded. If your break starts at 9:00 am and you start your break at 9:00:07am, you need to be back no later than 9:20:07am. Once their internal clocks hit 9:20:08am, it will go on your employee record as a tardy. The worse thing is, not all supervisors enforce these rules. While I was being written up for being tardy 5-20 seconds, others were getting away with no call, no shows, tardies and absences. There is no room for growth there and everyone is hired PART-TIME and started at the same rate regardless of prior experience. The call center is lacking basic call center procedures and computer systems which really cut in to productivity and make work more stressful than it needs to be. A job as simple as taking phone calls should not have so much red tape and bureaucracy. At the time I was fired, my performance was so good that I had received a raise, a bonus, a customer service award and luncheon and was selected for special projects. Regardless of how good my performance was, I was let go for being what they consider tardy. After all my accolades and hard work, they decided it was appropriate let me go for seconds of tardy time. If you are looking for benefits, think again. Since they hire you part-time, you are not given a real health plan, no paid time off, no bereavement, no sick time, you do not get paid holiday pay and so forth.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
job is meant for kids
Some things never chgange
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westerville and Dublin, OHNovember 22, 2015
There are many other companies that will treat you 100% better to do the same job.... Don't be fooled.
It's been some time since working there and it all still sounds the same. I worked as a mgmt. employee where it seemed each and every day was started watching managers in their offices crying. (Yes literally tears rolling down their face) Since I sat close enough to the VP'S office, I knew the reason for the crying was his tirades they heard each morning. Yelling, cursing, loud ALWAYS letting them know what a horrible job we were ALL doing. The supervisors we always accused of not doing our jobs, not listening and the cause of calls not being answered. We had daily reports that would show that we needed 25 employees to answer calls for a group and we were expected to do the job with 18 instead. They didn't hire people to make sure we had the 25 needed, we were expected to push the poor people that were there to still handle the work of 25.
We were made to make ensure that every person was in their seat for every moment of the day unless it was their SCHEDULED break. Don't ever need to use the bathroom if its not your break. The reps weren't allowed to take too long on a call, take too long after a call to make notes, We had to make sure that we measured how long they were "On the phone" compared to how long they were being paid. An extra 11 minutes spent off the phone was too much and was cause to put them on corrective action.
I could go on for hours but the bottom line is that there are many other places where you can do the same type of job and not go to work knowing
  more... you're going to be miserable for the next 8 hrs.  less
Pros
Alot of the employsees are really ni9ce people.
Cons
You're treated like you are in prison.
Warehouse/Driver position
Warehouse/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grimes, IAJune 11, 2013
Warehouse:

Clean windows look for scratch or defects
Pick inventory--list of supplies or windshields need for the retail locations. (Must be forklight certified---Online testing and video training)
Final inventory check additional orders--(printed paper list of products
before loading in cargo vans (Uses Chevy Express Cargo Vans, Freightliner Sprinter and Ford Cargo vans)

Driving:

You must pass the drug test, pass a mvr (motor vehicle report)
some vehicle do require dot certified or meaning you must get a physical done before driving vehicle

Drive to locations in small towns or big cities you must obey and following traffic rules. Most of vehicles have gps locators Most of the driving is done at night time.

Pros: if your active alot of physical work; driving to different locations
Fairly routine work, heavy lifting required up to 80+ pounds some of windshields are awkward and bulky (mostly semi windshields)

Cons: not guaranteed 40 hours if your full time. 30 days advance notice of vacation time. Must be flexible with hours and weekend work manditory. Average driving miles is anywhere 20 miles to 1500 miles per week. Winter driving most of the cargo vans are rear wheel drive. third party road assistance not always reliable especially in iowa. Alot of rural routes usually all single lane highways.

Not a whole of career advancement in warehouse unless transferring to a larger market (bigger city) but it also depends on job openings since must of the jobs are considered are part time
Other warehouse position: Lead warehouse associate (full-time) mostly during the day shift.
  more...

If you have kids most of the job is require to available in the evenings so if you miss being at home with the kids this job isnt for you.
Pros
active--alot of physical work; driving to various locations
Cons
not guaranteed 40 hours if your full time, weather conditions in winter driving
WORST JOB YOU WILL EVER HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioFebruary 9, 2014
Please if you are reading this, do NOT accept a job with Safelite AutoGlass!!! It is the worst company that I have ever worked for.
The pay is okay, but you make no commission, and they can take up to $2 per hour of your hourly wage, if you don't perform up to par, which is never for them.

You will never get praised or have any positive compliments. It is a negative, micro-managing culture. The management will yell at you and write you up for EVERYTHING!! You cannot even go to the bathroom without getting in trouble for getting off the phones.
Imagine being on the phone all day with horrible, rude customers, trying to sell OVERPRICED auto glass, in a 65 degree office building (You have to wear your winter coat and gloves inside), and be treated like a child all day long. They yell at you for wearing the wrong shoes, having a drink on your desk, being 2 seconds late, sitting in a different seat, not saying the exact right thing on the phone, beg you to pick up extra hours all the time (B/C there turnover rate is off the map), constant write-ups and getting yelled at by the joke of a management staff!! I have worked in fast food restaurants that have been better!! Job coaches are a joke, feel very self-important, controlled by all the other joke of a management staff there.

I promise you, this will be the worst job that you will ever have. I would rather be homeless than work here!!!
Pros
nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
horrible managment and work culture
Safelite Review
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 4, 2015
Okay if you must know. Truthfully.

A typical day at work: Log in to your PC, your phone. Take calls from customers. Get verbally attacked by customers. Schedule the nice and cooperative customers. Provide quotes for customers, which then hang up on you afterwards which will destroy your chances immediately for getting your commission. (That doubles your paycheck. If you don't have numbers above a certain tier each day for your work week, you don't get a commission check. Which i think is morally wrong, It's a numbers game, you gotta have luck.)

What i learned: Never work in a call center again.

Management: Nice people, great people. Some of them are a bit too nice, but hey.

Co-workers: Read above.

Hardest Part of the job: Taking verbal abuse from customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job: When I quit. (Provided 2 week notice)

Also a note: The CSR floor, has a HIGH turn-over rate. I was the last person to quit out of a class of 40 people, who were hired merely 3 or 4 months prior to doing so. They hire people, 20-40 people, every other week and i watch them walk out that door every month. I don't think they got the message.
Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's bad.
Warehouse/Driver/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJuly 1, 2015
The day to day, is very repetitive. The only thing that varies is the work load. No matter now heavy, management thinks you should be able to handle it, alone.

The only things I learned were how to use their ancient computer programs. All DOS based. They still use Windows XP.

Management was iffy, at best. In my 7 years there, there was 5 different supervisors and 4 different managers.

My coworkers were mostly all younger guys in their mid 20s. I don't know if it's the Bay Area, but most of them were so lazy, it drove me nuts. There was such a lack of communication between the office and warehouse staff, it's no wonder parts went missing all the time.

The hardest part of the job was keeping my head down, on some days dealing with the mountain of work that needed to be done with no back up or help what so ever.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was when the manager on duty on Saturdays would buy everyone lunch. Also, when I'd clock out to go home every day.
Pros
Saturday lunch, predictable work day.
Cons
Some coworkers were really annoying, predictable work day.
Busy yet fun environment
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TnMarch 18, 2014
There is never a dull moment! Multi tasking is a must! You have to be able to answer phones, greet and checkout customers who come into the shop for service, pull up accounts, invoice orders, and process the orders to the technicians. Sometimes all at the same time! But the people and techs are so friendly and nice, always willing to help. The customers are mostly nice but sometimes they get upset because their insurance won't pay to have their windshield replaced and they blame us like we have control over that... but as long as you know how to deal with people and de-escalate an upset customer, you'll be okay. And that doesn't happen very often. I love it so far, time always flies by and no two days are the same. Management is SO accommodating in my location, buys us lunch if we're too busy to leave or just because. It's like they get that the job is stressful and try to make us as comfortable as possible. Advancement is also there, we have recently promoted 2 people in my store. You'll learn insurance skills working there and that's always helpful for the future too.
Pros
understanding, advancement, pay, co-workers
Cons
the lows that dealing with customer service often brings
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!
auto glass technician/repair (Former Employee) –  Sarasota,FLDecember 15, 2012
Horrible place to work, no advancement what so ever after being with the company for almost 4 years, you are just a number in this company thats it and that is all!! the pay was ok, they never lay you off and let you claim unemployment instead they find something to fire you for and then they will deny you benefits!,It is all about them and them and that is it,they do not care about your family nothing,if you call of your job is almost threatened,the company looks very organized and a great place to work for but it is not,when you complain or talk to your manager about something that is bothering you nothing is anonymous, everybody knows your business! WHO EVER IS HERE GIVING GOOD REVIEWS IS PROBABLY FROM SAFELITE CUSTOMER SERVICE OR MANAGEMENT!!!!
they constantly add requirements but pay never goes up!
they require you to keep a very clean uniform working in a dirty job!
LOL yeah...right!, its like working construction and require you to keep spotless work boots and clean pants with a shirt tucked in..

please be aware!! and find out info before working for this mess!!
consider your self warned!!
Pros
working alone
Cons
poor company overall, no advancement, poor management
Improper Training
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 28, 2016
I worked as a Manager for this company for 2.5 years. There is constant change in management. They hire people to manage stores and the warehouse but they give no proper training. They expect a person with zero experience with inventory to maintain inventory at stores without any training what so ever. Then they blame the warehouse manger for the store inventory being screwed up.

They use the "good ole boy" network. If you know certain people, you will never be fired and always promoted regardless of how horrible you are at your job. If you are an "outsider" though, you better not make a mistake.

The warehouse is treated like the red headed step child. There are all kinds of incentives and perks for technicians but warehouse associates are treated as if they low life scum.

The upper management in the Florida market has HORRIBLE leadership skills. They expect you to find excellent warehouse talent but yet they pay warehouse leads what entry level associates make at other places in the same market.
Pros
most fellow associates are great people and care about each other
Cons
Pay is bad, very minimal advancement and horrible management
Multi-tasking and professional development
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJune 14, 2012
A typical work day consists of organizing the sign-in and sign-out sheets for the mobile technicians, as well as billing out the work for the jobs that are completed and troubleshooting accounts or orders that need information for billing purposes. In addition, I am responsible to order parts and coordinate the installation for damage done to vehicles during the replacement process as well as reviewing inventory and customer service issues. I have learned to multi-task and develop organizational qualities that help in making my day as efficient as possible. The hardest part of my job comes with working for an employer that relys on my problem solving skills too much. I am constantly asked to make managerial decisions without the recognition of the level of work I am performing at or capable of. I absolutely love my job and my co-workers. The atmosphere is more like family and I am comfortable talking to anyone that I work with about anything. I have, however, recognized that I have exhausted my ability for advancement in my current position and I need to make changes to further develop my abilities
Pros
atmosphere, flexability
Cons
weekends, lunch breaks
Everything!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioMay 9, 2014
Managment in the Columbus, Ohio call center and more and likely the Arizona location is difficult to work with but only if your are not in the in. Call-center co-workers are a valuable resource than management, but be aware of those who will step on your back to please management and try to get ahead. This will only work for those who are appealing in appearance and who have or attend the major university in Columbus, Ohio. If managemant is still the same as it was several years ago; sorry for those who are minorities and those of a different age, because the glass ceiling is a reflection of the ground floor.

Just drive by on outer belt 270 in Columbus, Ohio and you will see that same old sign that says, "WE'RE HIRING," which has been out there for several years and that should tell you a lot about the company and culture.

It's a shame that Safelite AutoGlass rid themselves of good people from the call center several years ago so that upper management can pay themselves more than call-center money makers.
Pros
global company
Cons
management, pay structure, culture, advancement...etc.
Illegal disclosure of job terms (testing procedures) in hiring process
training (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 23, 2012
First you go though a two week waiting period in OH just for the orientation class to star. Then when they have bait and hooked you and offer you a job they forget to mention until your second day of training that if you do not pass with a score of 90 percent that you no longer work there. All employees in training must have a 90 or better on over at least 25 test to pass for employment. This is not fair to people who if they know up front at the interview that it would be disclosed that you have to pass a percent of tests in order to continue employment I bet people would not stay. I was more than qualified for the position but because everyone tests differently than others, this employment method is not a fair employment process and the nondisclosure of the passing of tests is also not legal and is not fair employment law. So beware of your employment offer and make sure you ask about their testing process and condition terms of the employment when your at your interview before you except the job. Overall, learn to cover your bases and ask questions.

Comment – April 16, 2013

Okay I'll bite on this one. Lets get real, the training quizzes you speak of yes you do need a 90% or better. But lets be honest, the majority of these quizzes are 10 questions, some are 20. But you have the material to take home and study. If you seriously look at the material and study for 20 minutes each night you will do just fine. I have major testing anxiety and I failed ONE quiz and they went over it with me with the ones I missed and my second quiz was a 100%. They do not dispose of you after ONE fail. You have TWO times to take each quiz if you shall fail. The final exam is 100 questions and you need a 90 or better. But honestly the final exam is EASIER than the quizzes, that is how it is designed. I got a 99% on the final exam. However, you were right they did no disclose the testing for training in the interview, but really the material is in front of you and if your work is important to you then you will study the material.

Horrible local managers in Livonia- Do not work for the Detroit Market
associate (Current Employee) –  knoxvillFebruary 19, 2014
The Managers in this building are out for them selves. They treat you like garbage unless you bow down to them and do whatever they say, even when it is against the process. The GM has two sets of rules- one set for him and his buddies and another set of rules for the people that he doesn't like. The GM is the worst out of them all and all his little zombies follow him around so they won't get fired.. Good solid people aren't welcome here because they will gang up on you and your new ideas. why you say?? because they are weak and if its not there idea then its a bad idea and will steel your idea and take it for their own. Just a horrible group of people .. please run fast away. Dont be used and abused and fall into this high school way of treating people. They play favorites and will set you up to fail. You won't move up because the leaders want to keep you down just because they can.. DO NOT APPLY
Cons
all the management in the livonia branch-