Safelite AutoGlass

Safelite AutoGlass Employee Reviews

SLAVE LITE is more like it.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityJuly 3, 2015
Cons: No advancement for long term employees
Worst company/management ever.they will micro mange you to death and then they will sweep you in between the rows of glass and forget about you!
Great place to work!
Warehouse Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee), Livonia, MIJuly 2, 2015
great! nice place to work!
treat people fair and honest. Super fast growing company.. lots of opportunity to grow within the company
Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's bad.
Warehouse/Driver/Inventory (Former Employee), Union City, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Saturday lunch, predictable work day.
Cons: Some coworkers were really annoying, predictable work day.
The day to day, is very repetitive. The only thing that varies is the work load. No matter now heavy, management thinks you should be able to handle it, alone.

The only things I learned were how to – more... use their ancient computer programs. All DOS based. They still use Windows XP.

Management was iffy, at best. In my 7 years there, there was 5 different supervisors and 4 different managers.

My coworkers were mostly all younger guys in their mid 20s. I don't know if it's the Bay Area, but most of them were so lazy, it drove me nuts. There was such a lack of communication between the office and warehouse staff, it's no wonder parts went missing all the time.

The hardest part of the job was keeping my head down, on some days dealing with the mountain of work that needed to be done with no back up or help what so ever.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was when the manager on duty on Saturdays would buy everyone lunch. Also, when I'd clock out to go home every day. – less
A great place to work. Management really cares about employee well-being.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 29, 2015
At Safelite, management really cares about their employees. They're willing to help with hours and school projects. Flexible hours and a comfortable work environment are all very nice and convenient to have.
Good job but not caring for associates
Manager (Former Employee), Latham, NYJune 26, 2015
Pros: Always work
Cons: Not enough support
New hires worked far too many hours. Poor work life balance. Days supposed to be 7-5 many not done until 7 or 8pm regularly. Always needed more productivity and never had the technicians. It was a good place to work but opinions did not matter just the bottom line numbers. So people got burnt out and moved on.
productive and laid back environment
Driver (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJune 25, 2015
Pros: discount on windshields
Cons: mandatory overtime when its time to do the inventory
I used to log in, help customers, pick orders, pull orders, operate forklifts, load vehicles, drive and deliver products to and from other branches and customers.I learned a lot abour driving and dealing with other people. I loved my coworkers and my boss. to me the hardest part was the heat in the summer time...and trying to make all of your deliveries on time.
no advancement and favoritism
customer advocate (Current Employee), raleigh ncJune 8, 2015
Pros: good career building experience
Cons: the company is poorly ran
there is not room for advancement or a raise in this company, you get put into positions you don't earn your way there. the company is poorly ran and it is very clear to see who runs what.
Good job, needs management overhaul/training
Glass Technician and Repair Medic (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJune 2, 2015
Cons: poor healthcare insurance
While in the overall rating, Safelite does not fair that well in my opinion, it was not a horrible job. I thoroughly enjoyed my job. I continued to learn how valuable the customer really is. A typical – more... day at Safelite was usually an adventure, Due to poor management in several areas the technicians usually had wrong parts or no parts for the jobs they were assigned. This is where the teamwork between technicians(co-workers) was crucial for us to get our jobs completed. The hardest part of a day was not having the parts for your job(s) or having the wrong parts. The most enjoyable part of the day to me was being able to meet new people every day single day. – less
Productive and standard work office.
Sales representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 25, 2015
During my time at Safelite I worked in the Sales department. What I did was, take cals from customers with autoglass damage/issues, and try to assist them in getting a new piece of glass. As well as, providing – more... them with customer service when necessarry. On a typical day at work it would be slightly hectic, there was usually high call volume, and everything is done at a high pace. Co-workers were freindly, managers did their jobs at a ok level, they were usually knee deep in their own pile of work to be able to assisit you as needed. There weren't really any extreme hard and/or enjoyable parts of the job. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 21, 2015
An amazing company that invests in training their employees to become one of the best. They care about training, development, and making their employees one of the best people to work with. Safelite is a company that reaches for quality and higher standards in everything it does, whether for customers or employees.
fast paced, customer oriented, with high degree of job satisfaction
mobile tech. (Former Employee), richmond, vaMay 11, 2015
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: focused more on numbers, then morale.
good pay and benefits, training, tools and vehical provided. fast paced job. trained to replace or repair auto glass. team work is encouraged, customer satisfaction is very important.
Safelite Review
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMay 4, 2015
Okay if you must know. Truthfully.

A typical day at work: Log in to your PC, your phone. Take calls from customers. Get verbally attacked by customers. Schedule the nice and cooperative customers. Provide – more... quotes for customers, which then hang up on you afterwards which will destroy your chances immediately for getting your commission. (That doubles your paycheck. If you don't have numbers above a certain tier each day for your work week, you don't get a commission check. Which i think is morally wrong, It's a numbers game, you gotta have luck.)

What i learned: Never work in a call center again.

Management: Nice people, great people. Some of them are a bit too nice, but hey.

Co-workers: Read above.

Hardest Part of the job: Taking verbal abuse from customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job: When I quit. (Provided 2 week notice)

Also a note: The CSR floor, has a HIGH turn-over rate. I was the last person to quit out of a class of 40 people, who were hired merely 3 or 4 months prior to doing so. They hire people, 20-40 people, every other week and i watch them walk out that door every month. I don't think they got the message. – less
Telephone Sales Representative
Sales Associate (Former Employee), OhioMay 1, 2015
Pros: good length break for part timers, good pay, immediate management is great, will work around your schedule, the position and company is well recognized and it looks good that you worked there
Cons: success at this job provides very little help with promotions, typical phony super positive culture as with many corporate environments, have to deal with upset customers which isn't told to you upfront
A day as a TSR consists of coming into work, finding a desk, giving it a good cleaning if you feel like it, and getting all your software ready to go.

Your primary job is to take incoming sales calls – more... from customers in need of auto glass replacements. You assist customers paying with cash and file insurance claims for those using an insurance policy.

Helping people can be very enjoyable at times but almost daily you'll be the person that has to speak with upset customers. Apologizing for mistakes and having to contact different people within the company to fix issues gets old fast. Right in the job title it says SALES. Not customer service. I was hired because I had great sales experience and my job was to be a SALESMAN and not a secretary or a hatchet man doing clerical work and apologizing for mix ups.

Your immediate managers are fantastic. They're very kind, they're experienced, and will offer you unlimited support. If you have any negative criticism at all you're not a "team player" and become a pariah among them though. I had to bite my tongue several times when I felt like I had good ideas to share. The people they advance definitely drink the Safelite water and the phony positivity can make you cringe at times.

There is a very high turn over rate for this job and it seems the company will hire anyone. A lot of them definitely don't belong in a position to help customers, they're not very bright (really really not bright), and don't know how to talk to people.

I was very successful there and was among their top salespeople but unfortunately it didn't translate to someone they wanted in a position of more responsibility. Which is an unfortunate in the sales industry. My immediate manager greatly supported me though and recommended me for every position I tried to apply for.

You get exposure to how an entire industry works and this job is a great stepping stone to work at the largest and phenomenally successful auto glass replacement company. – less
Great Company that cares about it's people
Certified Auto Glass Technician (Current Employee), Livonia, MIApril 16, 2015
Pros: Compensation higher than the industries average, Great Benefits and Wonderful People
Cons: None
I recently went through some very challenging times in my life and they entire Detroit Team was their to support me and help me through them. My Livonia location manager rallied the other locations together – more... raising funds to help me through my tough times. I was touched and humbled by their generosity. It's not everyday that you come across a company of this size that cares so much about the people that work for it. Thank You Safelite and Thank YOU Detroit team! You're all very special and a wonderful team to be a part of. – less
Keep looking
Former CSR (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 13, 2015
Pros: Easy job
Cons: Massive turnover rate, the promises made don't equal what you actually get
Throughout training, you'll hear on a daily basis what an amazing place this is to work and that this is the last job you will ever want to work at. They also make it a point to constantly remind you – more... how infrequently they let people go. A woman in our training class asked why this job was always available with their claims of low turnover. She got some bs answer about how people quickly advance through the company. Funny thing? Said woman was gone the next day. We were told she decided the job wasn't for her. Wouldn't surprise me if she was told not to come back for asking what many of us were thinking. Anyhow, after two weeks of training (And for the record, you better get 90s or above on your quizzes and final exam or you'll be sent packing. Lost three potentially great co workers because of this, despite being told "noone ever has been fired because of failing a quiz or final, they wouldn't allow it to happen") we were off to the floors. It's really not a hard job, anyone can do it. However take the word of everyone on here saying it. They find reasons to nitpick to the nth and find reasons to fire you. No matter how diligent a worker you are and how good your scores are, they're always with their nose to the ground trying to find a cause to send you packing. Every positive they tell you in training is bs. It's not a team atmosphere where they genuinely want you to succeed. If it was, the turnover rate wouldn't be nearly what it is. The job coaches are about as helpful as the vending machines and upper management can't be bothered with.

Trust your judgement. There's a reason this job is always posted on here and why they're always hiring and it surely isn't because people quickly get promoted. – less
Revolving Door Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 12, 2015
Pros: Starting Salary, Flexible work hours, Innovative scheduling system
Cons: Difficult service to sell, commission is difficult to earn
Not a horrible position working in Sales. Unfortunately hours are unstable and prices are not very competitive. Compensation is fair to start, but earning commission is near impossible.
Awesome place to work with great employees
Supervisor of Warehouse Operations (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Time earned
Cons: Lack of staff
I think it was a great position. I learned a lot about the wholesale industry and managing employees. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the heat index. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers.
The job was a stable and nice job but wasnt good compensation for the work.
Order Picker/ Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Plano, TexasApril 6, 2015
Pros: You get to learn a lot of new things about windshields and cars. Nice people I work with.
Cons: I dont get paid the right amount of work and money im responsible for.
There's always things going on and stuff to do so it was a active job. I learned a lot when it comes to windshields and windows for cars. I learned how to buff scratches out of glass which was nice to – more... learn. The hardest part was trying to receive all the truckloads of pallets filled with windshields and having to unload them all. The jobs gets hard on your body because your lifting windshields all day and breaking down pallets also. The bad part is that I don't get paid the right amount I should be for all the work and the thousands of dollars of windshields i'm responsible for everyday. – less
good
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Depew, NYApril 3, 2015
Was a fun work envioroment. ment some really nice people and made friends. in fact we are still friends to this day. Also learned a lot of on the job stuff.
Productive company with good employee benefits
Market Dispatcher (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 23, 2015
A typical day would be checking previous routes that were made, adjusting routes for add-on jobs, and answering calls from customers. I learned the difference in being a technician versus working in the office. My coworkers were very easy to get along with. The hardest part of this position was trying to keep the technicians productive and keep the work spread out evenly amongst the techs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Safelite AutoGlass

Safelite AutoGlass® is the nation's leading provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services with annual revenue – Read more

Safelite AutoGlass Salaries