Safelite AutoGlass

Safelite AutoGlass Employee Reviews

Productive and standard work office.
Sales representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 25, 2015
During my time at Safelite I worked in the Sales department. What I did was, take cals from customers with autoglass damage/issues, and try to assist them in getting a new piece of glass. As well as, providing them with customer service when necessarry. On a typical day at work it would be slightly hectic, there was usually high call volume, and everything is done at a high pace. Co-workers were freindly, managers did their jobs at a ok level, they were usually knee deep in their own pile of work to be able to assisit you as needed. There weren't really any extreme hard and/or enjoyable parts of the job.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 21, 2015
An amazing company that invests in training their employees to become one of the best. They care about training, development, and making their employees one of the best people to work with. Safelite is a company that reaches for quality and higher standards in everything it does, whether for customers or employees.
fast paced, customer oriented, with high degree of job satisfaction
mobile tech. (Former Employee), richmond, vaMay 11, 2015
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: focused more on numbers, then morale.
good pay and benefits, training, tools and vehical provided. fast paced job. trained to replace or repair auto glass. team work is encouraged, customer satisfaction is very important.
Safelite Review
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMay 4, 2015
Okay if you must know. Truthfully.

A typical day at work: Log in to your PC, your phone. Take calls from customers. Get verbally attacked by customers. Schedule the nice and cooperative customers. Provide quotes for customers, which then hang up on you afterwards which will destroy your chances immediately for getting your commission. (That doubles your paycheck. If you don't have numbers above a certain tier each day for your work week, you don't get a commission check. Which i think is morally wrong, It's a numbers game, you gotta have luck.)

What i learned: Never work in a call center again.

Management: Nice people, great people. Some of them are a bit too nice, but hey.

Co-workers: Read above.

Hardest Part of the job: Taking verbal abuse from customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job: When I quit. (Provided 2 week notice)

Also a note: The CSR floor, has a HIGH turn-over rate. I was the last person to quit out of a class of 40 people, who were hired merely 3 or 4 months prior to doing so. They hire people, 20-40 people, every other week and i watch them walk out that door every month. I don't think they got the message.
Telephone Sales Representative
Sales Associate (Former Employee), OhioMay 1, 2015
Pros: good length break for part timers, good pay, immediate management is great, will work around your schedule, the position and company is well recognized and it looks good that you worked there
Cons: success at this job provides very little help with promotions, typical phony super positive culture as with many corporate environments, have to deal with upset customers which isn't told to you upfront
A day as a TSR consists of coming into work, finding a desk, giving it a good cleaning if you feel like it, and getting all your software ready to go.

Your primary job is to take incoming sales calls from customers in need of auto glass replacements. You assist customers paying with cash and file insurance claims for those using an insurance policy.

Helping people can be very enjoyable at times but almost daily you'll be the person that has to speak with upset customers. Apologizing for mistakes and having to contact different people within the company to fix issues gets old fast. Right in the job title it says SALES. Not customer service. I was hired because I had great sales experience and my job was to be a SALESMAN and not a secretary or a hatchet man doing clerical work and apologizing for mix ups.

Your immediate managers are fantastic. They're very kind, they're experienced, and will offer you unlimited support. If you have any negative criticism at all you're not a "team player" and become a pariah among them though. I had to bite my tongue several times when I felt like I had good ideas to share. The people they advance definitely drink the Safelite water and the phony positivity can make you cringe at times.

There is a very high turn over rate for this job and it seems the company will hire anyone. A lot of them definitely don't belong in a position to help customers, they're not very bright (really really not bright), and don't know how to talk to people.

I was very successful there and was among their top salespeople but unfortunately it didn't translate to someone they wanted in a position of more responsibility. Which is an unfortunate in the sales industry. My immediate manager greatly supported me though and recommended me for every position I tried to apply for.

You get exposure to how an entire industry works and this job is a great stepping stone to work at the largest and phenomenally successful auto glass replacement company.
Great Company that cares about it's people
Certified Auto Glass Technician (Current Employee), Livonia, MIApril 16, 2015
Pros: Compensation higher than the industries average, Great Benefits and Wonderful People
Cons: None
I recently went through some very challenging times in my life and they entire Detroit Team was their to support me and help me through them. My Livonia location manager rallied the other locations together raising funds to help me through my tough times. I was touched and humbled by their generosity. It's not everyday that you come across a company of this size that cares so much about the people that work for it. Thank You Safelite and Thank YOU Detroit team! You're all very special and a wonderful team to be a part of.
Keep looking
Former CSR (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 13, 2015
Pros: Easy job
Cons: Massive turnover rate, the promises made don't equal what you actually get
Throughout training, you'll hear on a daily basis what an amazing place this is to work and that this is the last job you will ever want to work at. They also make it a point to constantly remind you how infrequently they let people go. A woman in our training class asked why this job was always available with their claims of low turnover. She got some bs answer about how people quickly advance through the company. Funny thing? Said woman was gone the next day. We were told she decided the job wasn't for her. Wouldn't surprise me if she was told not to come back for asking what many of us were thinking. Anyhow, after two weeks of training (And for the record, you better get 90s or above on your quizzes and final exam or you'll be sent packing. Lost three potentially great co workers because of this, despite being told "noone ever has been fired because of failing a quiz or final, they wouldn't allow it to happen") we were off to the floors. It's really not a hard job, anyone can do it. However take the word of everyone on here saying it. They find reasons to nitpick to the nth and find reasons to fire you. No matter how diligent a worker you are and how good your scores are, they're always with their nose to the ground trying to find a cause to send you packing. Every positive they tell you in training is bs. It's not a team atmosphere where they genuinely want you to succeed. If it was, the turnover rate wouldn't be nearly what it is. The job coaches are about as helpful as the vending machines and upper management can't be bothered with.

Trust your judgement. There's a reason this job is always posted on here and why they're always hiring and it surely isn't because people quickly get promoted.
Revolving Door Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 12, 2015
Pros: Starting Salary, Flexible work hours, Innovative scheduling system
Cons: Difficult service to sell, commission is difficult to earn
Not a horrible position working in Sales. Unfortunately hours are unstable and prices are not very competitive. Compensation is fair to start, but earning commission is near impossible.
Awesome place to work with great employees
Supervisor of Warehouse Operations (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Time earned
Cons: Lack of staff
I think it was a great position. I learned a lot about the wholesale industry and managing employees. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the heat index. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers.
The job was a stable and nice job but wasnt good compensation for the work.
Order Picker/ Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Plano, TexasApril 6, 2015
Pros: You get to learn a lot of new things about windshields and cars. Nice people I work with.
Cons: I dont get paid the right amount of work and money im responsible for.
There's always things going on and stuff to do so it was a active job. I learned a lot when it comes to windshields and windows for cars. I learned how to buff scratches out of glass which was nice to learn. The hardest part was trying to receive all the truckloads of pallets filled with windshields and having to unload them all. The jobs gets hard on your body because your lifting windshields all day and breaking down pallets also. The bad part is that I don't get paid the right amount I should be for all the work and the thousands of dollars of windshields i'm responsible for everyday.
good
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Depew, NYApril 3, 2015
Was a fun work envioroment. ment some really nice people and made friends. in fact we are still friends to this day. Also learned a lot of on the job stuff.
Productive company with good employee benefits
Market Dispatcher (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 23, 2015
A typical day would be checking previous routes that were made, adjusting routes for add-on jobs, and answering calls from customers. I learned the difference in being a technician versus working in the office. My coworkers were very easy to get along with. The hardest part of this position was trying to keep the technicians productive and keep the work spread out evenly amongst the techs.
safelite
Certified Autoglass and Repair Technician (Former Employee), Byron Center, MIMarch 17, 2015
Safelitey is a good plant. It has hard workers and good people too. Safelite is a good plant. It has hard workers and good people too.
Safelite in Livonia- Michigan is horrible
warehouse/installer (Former Employee), LivoniaMarch 12, 2015
Cons: everything
Horrible Management from the top to bottom.. Treats their people horrible. Division Manager makes decisions based on who kisses up to him the most. Management has 0 respect for the associates. Your annual reviews are a joke, unless you like a .10 raise every year, because thats what you receive if you are doing your job well.
Nice customer service position
Internal sales (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great company with good feedback
Cons: did not enjoy spending all day on the telephone
The supervisors listened and adjusted anything that needed to be adjusted. The workplace was a comfortable workplace to work in. The co-workers were enjoyable to work with.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 27, 2015
I PROCESSED CLAIMS FOR AUTOGLASS DAMAGE AND VERIFIED DEDUCTIBLE AMOUNTS. I LEARNED ALOT ABOUT THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY AND VARIOUS TYPES OF VEHICLES.
Great place to learn a variety of different skils. Build trust with those who u work with directly & indirectly.
Warehouse Driver (Former Employee), Union City, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great benefits. chance for advancement.
Cons: favortism
Typical day consists of picking/stocking, cleaning, loading/unloading & driving.

I learned how to interact with co-workers & non employed people. Also, on how to handle unusual situations that would arise unexpectedly. Also learned a lot just by driving to different places I've never been to.

Management is always changing. Many people come & go. But they also takes care of employees.

Coworkers, some were great to work with & some weren't. Some didn't put the effort & some did.

The hardest part of the job is having to pick up the slack for others & dealing with changes to procedure that are sudden.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing everyone work together to see a clean & well organized warehouse. But more importantly to see a very happy customer that would recommend someone else to the company.
enjoyable to deal with many various customers
CSR (Former Employee), ChandlerFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: you are a fairly independent customer service representative.
Cons: no redirecting or coaching, if you do something for the first time. not interested in preserving turnover.
management does not follow acceptable rules of management. It is a revolving door company.If you have great scores,quality calls,and high statistics, they will write you up with no regard to whether you were told this beforehand. Do not redirect or provide any coaching to improve. You have to go into this knowing this. If you get a mediocre job coach, you will not progress.
good place
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: must be there a year to have personal problems
great environment just very tedious about attendance. i was hospitalized 8 months into my employment and i was FIRED for not having the time off. must be there for a year if you want to have time off.
Great Company
Forklift Operator/Picker (Current Employee), Braselton, GAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits and mangement
Cons: high production in summer/low production in winter/low advancement rate
Caring Management
Great vacation time/PTO
Insurance benefits are better than average with many options
401k match

1 2 3 4 5

About Safelite AutoGlass

Safelite AutoGlass® is the nation's leading provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services with annual revenue – Read more

Safelite AutoGlass Salaries