Safelite AutoGlass

Safelite AutoGlass Employee Reviews

Made glass claims and scheduled repair or replaced glass appointments.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioAugust 27, 2015
Safelite is a great company to work for. They give you opportunities to get raises and the environment is great. The calls are inbound so you're almost never bored!
Excellent place to work!
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2015
Pros: culture, benefits, great leadership
Safelite is a great place to work! I've had numerous opportunities to learn and grow and my work/life balance has never had to suffer. Leadership has always supported my personal and professional goals and has always heard my ideas and concerns. Overall, this is a fabulous team to be a part of. Safelite truly is a successful organization because of the everyday heroes that power it!
only good to learn about auto glass
Master Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: needs new bosses all around
this company far as florida is not good in the tampa area the bosses are the problem here.they really have good workers but treat everyone not good the job in this market lives by fire one hire one any business like that will always have problems with keeping workers and blacks down here really dont last long i worked here for a while years and watched the cast change over and over for one reason or another. when other workers come from out the state from other parts of the company they say they are different down here as if they breaking all the rules. i dont think the company over all is not bad but the tampa market is.
okay
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Billerica, MAAugust 20, 2015
a little stressful, next day jobs rely on us dispatchers. have to work every weekend. i work every Saturdays i would like to have it off like everyone else for once. managers are good.
Retention rate is bad for a reason...
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 11, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: everything
i bust my a** everyday, little appreciation. too much involvement on what i need to improve on. if that were the case, id be fired. i worked here for a year and a half. they do what they can to get you out of benefits and being classified full time to save money. dont work for this cr*p hole
Fun place to work
Warehouse Associate/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 29, 2015
Like the place it was a fun place to work.
If the employees do there share of the work, the work environment would be great.
...
CSR (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 27, 2015
They treat you like a number, they keep getting bedbugs and do ABSOLUTELY nothing to get rid of them. Job coaches too busy trying to laugh and make friends instead of doing their jobs.
Don't believe the b.s they put up on this post.
Driver/Warehouse associate (Former Employee), Pearl, MsJuly 12, 2015
Pros: The money, the deliveries, and your customers.
Cons: They demand/expect alot from you.
This place is a great place to work, don't get me wrong. The people are friendly, but when it comes to the warehouse side. It lacks communication and the management team lacks the correct way to manage their employees. They through you in head first and you either sink or swim. If you want to work in a sweat shop, constantly have to be on your toes, and disregard your ideas when you bring them to management. This is the place for you.
cool place
Call Rep (Former Employee), Columbus,OHJuly 9, 2015
taking inbound calls, posing as insurances companies. setting up claims to get customers damaged vehicle's glass serviced.
SLAVE LITE is more like it.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityJuly 3, 2015
Cons: No advancement for long term employees
Worst company/management ever.they will micro mange you to death and then they will sweep you in between the rows of glass and forget about you!
Great place to work!
Warehouse Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee), Livonia, MIJuly 2, 2015
great! nice place to work!
treat people fair and honest. Super fast growing company.. lots of opportunity to grow within the company
Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's bad.
Warehouse/Driver/Inventory (Former Employee), Union City, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Saturday lunch, predictable work day.
Cons: Some coworkers were really annoying, predictable work day.
The day to day, is very repetitive. The only thing that varies is the work load. No matter now heavy, management thinks you should be able to handle it, alone.

The only things I learned were how to use their ancient computer programs. All DOS based. They still use Windows XP.

Management was iffy, at best. In my 7 years there, there was 5 different supervisors and 4 different managers.

My coworkers were mostly all younger guys in their mid 20s. I don't know if it's the Bay Area, but most of them were so lazy, it drove me nuts. There was such a lack of communication between the office and warehouse staff, it's no wonder parts went missing all the time.

The hardest part of the job was keeping my head down, on some days dealing with the mountain of work that needed to be done with no back up or help what so ever.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was when the manager on duty on Saturdays would buy everyone lunch. Also, when I'd clock out to go home every day.
A great place to work. Management really cares about employee well-being.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 29, 2015
At Safelite, management really cares about their employees. They're willing to help with hours and school projects. Flexible hours and a comfortable work environment are all very nice and convenient to have.
Good job but not caring for associates
Manager (Former Employee), Latham, NYJune 26, 2015
Pros: Always work
Cons: Not enough support
New hires worked far too many hours. Poor work life balance. Days supposed to be 7-5 many not done until 7 or 8pm regularly. Always needed more productivity and never had the technicians. It was a good place to work but opinions did not matter just the bottom line numbers. So people got burnt out and moved on.
productive and laid back environment
Driver (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJune 25, 2015
Pros: discount on windshields
Cons: mandatory overtime when its time to do the inventory
I used to log in, help customers, pick orders, pull orders, operate forklifts, load vehicles, drive and deliver products to and from other branches and customers.I learned a lot abour driving and dealing with other people. I loved my coworkers and my boss. to me the hardest part was the heat in the summer time...and trying to make all of your deliveries on time.
no advancement and favoritism
customer advocate (Current Employee), raleigh ncJune 8, 2015
Pros: good career building experience
Cons: the company is poorly ran
there is not room for advancement or a raise in this company, you get put into positions you don't earn your way there. the company is poorly ran and it is very clear to see who runs what.
Good job, needs management overhaul/training
Glass Technician and Repair Medic (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJune 2, 2015
Cons: poor healthcare insurance
While in the overall rating, Safelite does not fair that well in my opinion, it was not a horrible job. I thoroughly enjoyed my job. I continued to learn how valuable the customer really is. A typical day at Safelite was usually an adventure, Due to poor management in several areas the technicians usually had wrong parts or no parts for the jobs they were assigned. This is where the teamwork between technicians(co-workers) was crucial for us to get our jobs completed. The hardest part of a day was not having the parts for your job(s) or having the wrong parts. The most enjoyable part of the day to me was being able to meet new people every day single day.
Productive and standard work office.
Sales representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 25, 2015
During my time at Safelite I worked in the Sales department. What I did was, take cals from customers with autoglass damage/issues, and try to assist them in getting a new piece of glass. As well as, providing them with customer service when necessarry. On a typical day at work it would be slightly hectic, there was usually high call volume, and everything is done at a high pace. Co-workers were freindly, managers did their jobs at a ok level, they were usually knee deep in their own pile of work to be able to assisit you as needed. There weren't really any extreme hard and/or enjoyable parts of the job.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 21, 2015
An amazing company that invests in training their employees to become one of the best. They care about training, development, and making their employees one of the best people to work with. Safelite is a company that reaches for quality and higher standards in everything it does, whether for customers or employees.
fast paced, customer oriented, with high degree of job satisfaction
mobile tech. (Former Employee), richmond, vaMay 11, 2015
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: focused more on numbers, then morale.
good pay and benefits, training, tools and vehical provided. fast paced job. trained to replace or repair auto glass. team work is encouraged, customer satisfaction is very important.
Industry