Safelite Group Employee Reviews

Good coworkers and could gain good experience working with all automotive manufacturers
Automotive Glass Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 28, 2016
Having own company work van and tools provided a plus. Good coworkers, but management could be a mess. If you're looking to get experience with the automotive industry, this is a good company to start! The hardest part about this job in my opinion is dispatch can add routes to your day with no notification. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with costumers!
Pros
Company work van/tools
Cons
Dispatch could add jobs on top of jobs to your work day with little consideration or no warning, management needs to be better organized.
High Turnover
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 25, 2016
This place has a very high turnover rate. They will hire you with promises of giving 40+ hours if you want. I got hired on part-time and was told I could advance to full-time. I worked there for a few months and requested extra hours and kept getting denied. In those few months I never got a 40 hour week. The job coaches are rude when you first get out on the call center. The employees that help train are very friendly. And they are very strict. Being strict is OK, but they take it overboard. You can definitely tell they don't want to keep their employees and they don't mind they are training new classes every week. I highly recommend not working for this company that has a sign out front 365 days a year that says they are now hiring.
Pros
Cons
They are jerks to work for period
safelite auto glass
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 21, 2016
excellent company, had a good work experience there. pay is decent, hard to move up though. fun atmosphere and great co workers
Awesome company
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 16, 2016
I loved so much working at Safelite and I miss it so much. But there is no room for advancement and the new management is very poor. They will not let you advance locally. But the overall company is GREAT to work for!
Pros
Great company
Cons
No room for advancement
Best collection of people I have ever worked with
Technician/ Installer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 16, 2016
typical 8-5 work load if things go according to plan, which depending on dispatch, management, and customer input can get very... involved still the best job i have ever had at a constantly evolving workplace
Pros
good people, Teamwork
Cons
office politics, chaotic at times
Productive and comfortable work place
Shop Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2016
Typical day: Once clocked in I went through the days work to look at work load versus technicians in shop for the day. From their I looked over each order to make sure auto insurance was verified, if it was a cash ticket, or if I needed to contact the customer to make sure they were aware of a collection amount due at time of service. I worked the front desk so as part of my role I checked each customer in, took payment, gathered keys, and answered any questions they had. As work was completed I was required to invoice and file the paperwork as well. Additionally, I handled incoming calls, answering the customers questions or routing them to the dept they needed to speak with.
What I learned: I learned how to run and operate a front desk of a busy office in the most efficient and effective way. I learned to better my multi-tasking and organization skills. I also learned how to work with customers in a face-to-face setting.
Managment: When I began with Safelite there was some managerial issues. The operations manager (my direct manager) had stepped down shortly after I started at the location. There was a few acting managers for short periods of time. Once a new operations manager was put into place management became much more stable and dependable. I felt confidant going to my manager with any concerns and felt as though he was truly there for the office.
Co-workers: My co-workers were great! We all worked together as a team and appreciated each other. We felt like family.
Hardest part: The hardest part of my job was working with irate customers face-to-face. Sometimes
  more... they would scream and yell right in my face over installs or wait times, etc.
The most enjoyable: The most enjoyable part of my job was working the front desk. I enjoyed helping customers as they came in the office and seeing satisfaction or relief from them once the work was done.
Pros
Medical, dental, vision insurance, breaks, close knit co-workers
Cons
Sometimes office to busy to get manager up front to help as needed, getting different responses from different managers.
fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 12, 2016
fun, great people to work with, many opportunities for advancement. flexible schedules and understanding management
Pros
people
Cons
repetitive
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, VASeptember 12, 2016
Awesome customer service environment. Lots of opportunity of advancement with in the company. Training and team building process was great.
Job pace can pick up during seasons but most of all it's pretty easy going . The compensation just isn't where it should be!
Warehouse/Driver (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDSeptember 10, 2016
Very skilled in driving forklift, cherry pickers, reach lift machines.. Physically have to lift at least 100 30 lbs+ windshields a day without breaking any. I'm a very strong worker and a good leader for others that need lesding!
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 9, 2016
Easy job to do and everyone is so friendly. The job coaches are amazing. Can get a little boring but having friends is nice to have to make time go by faster!
Pros
Pay, Great Job Coaches
Cons
Short breaks
Safelite is a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 7, 2016
I am wanting to telecommute and Safelite is not one of those companies who sees the value of the work from home job because a position they want to be in. I do not mind working for Safelite but need to work from home.
Pros
Pays most of my bills
Cons
Not a Telecommunication company and no intetion of becoming one
Nice place to work & very friendly workplace to operate in.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NCSeptember 7, 2016
Typical day at work includes dealing with associates who are very hardworking and dedicated to doing a great job. I have experienced many different jobs and learned many different things.
Pros
Pay, people and jobs
Cons
health care
Best Customer Service In Town
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2016
I have learned so much from working here.I never knew how to type well but now I do , and I gained so much knowledge on auto glass. Most Professional Job I had by far.
Pros
they provide my coffee in the morning
Cons
short breaks and they need more then just a call off line
Takes care of their employees
REPAIR SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  MDSeptember 6, 2016
Hard work withe plenty of overtime available
Excellent managers
Provides company phones and vehicle
paid training
Very independent job with very little supervision
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 4, 2016
great job have nothing bad to say about this job it offers great benefits and pay from the beginning had a great training course so you know everything you need to know when they put you on the phones. good support system
Great experience
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 31, 2016
I loved the people I worked with and the environment was very nice. I had the best boss and co workers. It really is like a family there, I miss it already.
Not very happy
Technician (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 30, 2016
Management only cared about themselves. They work all techs like slaves. Whatever you do dont make the person routing mad because you will be driving an hour inn between job. the hourly wage was garbage.
Pros
company van
Cons
low pay, work like slaves
Safelite Group
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 19, 2016
Safelite was a melting pot of diversity.
I generally took calls regarding customer glass repair or replacement options. Payment was either secured via CC number or through contact with the customer's insurance claims department.
I learned quite a bit about auto glass regarding the repair and replacement techniques.
My direct supervisor was awesome. It truly felt that their entire reason for being on the floor daily was to make sure everyone on the team succeeded.
I would have to say making the sales was the hardest part of the job. Most people don't know what each piece of glass on their car sells for, nor what goes into their creation.
The diverse customer base and conversations had with customers during the process of discovering what they needed and how much it would cost them was definitely what took me to work daily.
Pros
Enjoyed the customers and the pay wasn't bad.
No time off
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAAugust 15, 2016
Every day is different, and you need to be 100% flexible to work here.
Management does not care if you have a home life they expect you to work and be on call all the time.
Pros
One charity work day a year for every associate
Cons
Need to work 6 days a week, no day off for salary associates
Taught me to install glass and chip repairs
Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 15, 2016
Job taught me everything I needed to know about installing and repairing glass. the only problem was management was no help when help was needed
Pros
Good pay, lots of hrs.
Cons
lack of management