Safelite Group Employee Reviews

Big office, break room
Accounts Payable - Distribution Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 25, 2017
Windshield replacement company. A/P consisted of 25 employees. Busy all day long. Quotas were set. Cafeteria located in the bottom of the final building office this office was located. Moved to Columbus, OH.
Sales vs Operations
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 24, 2017
This company keeps the sales and operations so divided that is hard for a great sales manager to do their job to the best of their abilities because operations are constantly working against you thinking your job is about playing golf. When in reality neither of you can give the accounts the perfect experience without working together. I would not recommend Safelite Auto Glass as an AREA Sales manager. Regional managers are out of the loop and I wouldn't want their responsibility to fight for my sales team constantly against the operational store managers.

The way they divide up commissions puts each sales manager against each other because you know their share of the pot and it is based on territory not primarily on your areas profit.
Cons
Moral, commissions pay out. bad reputation to constant try to defend.
Tight Knit department I work in, productive.
IAA (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAApril 24, 2017
This company does its best to make work fun for the most part, there is some issues with being able to excel into full time it seems with a lot of people. The department I work in is starting to seem like somewhat of a part time only department and financially full time is necessary for so many people. Hiring people externally for full time hours is not fair to employees who have waited on full time. All in all the managers are very nice, clean atmosphere and productive environment.
Alright place if you dont want life outside of work
Windshield Technician windshield repair technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 24, 2017
God in at 6, grab your windshields
, call ahead*be lucky if you don't get an angry customer for calling early* do your job go home around 6 maybe 9 pm sometimes and repeat. Work every other saturday
Pros
Company vehicle and nkt having supervisor on your neck
Cons
Cuatomer service
Awesome Work place with lots of vibrant people
Special Service Desk representative. (SSD) (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 21, 2017
I love working here at Safelite, I would definitely like to relocate and grow with this awesome company. I have worked at call centers previously but I have never enjoyed working with a company quite like this!
Pros
Paid Breaks !!
Unfair place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
Not paid for the work you do. Schedules are not family friendly. Management dont care. No one in the upper management cares about the pay of the technicians, who are the ones doing all the work.
Small business in small town.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richlands, VAApril 19, 2017
Business was a mess when I took over as store manager. A lot of missing items from store after old manager left. Very few regular customers. But I turn the store around and I built a large volume of regular customers, ( 10 to 70 ), and got the store making money first time in ten years.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
Long, long hours and not enough pay. Hard people to work for.
Ok
Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2017
When I worked for the company I was replacing windshields. I had my own company van, company phone and felt in charge of my replacements.

Management was sub par and the workplace wasn't too bad. Although the senior techs were full of themselves.
Pros
Company van, Phone and gas card, paid weekly
Cons
veteran techs were arrogant, management didn't seem to care, turn over rates are high
Overall ok place to work and people are cool just no advancement
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 18, 2017
Ok lies from day one. Sky is the limit, we hire within, bla bla bla. Was told for 10 months I would be involved in next install training course. They have fired up two classes since I've worked for them in the warehouse. Our manager left us with no warning just a later. No real advancement opportunities. Great place to work if all you want is a mindless job where you can smoke weed
Team effort work place.
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 16, 2017
Get to work at 8 A.M, gather all your supplies, grab your manifest, call each customer to verify appointment time, drive to each customers house, pre-inspect their vehicles for any previous damage, explain what the processes of fixing their windshield so they know what to expect, wash windows and vacuum, bring out customer and insure they are satisfied with the work you have done to their vehicle, give them their receipt and brochure, and show the, where they many find their warranty information and receipts.End with a hand shake, and always ask if they have any questions. Then do this 8 more times with different customers.
Pros
Company Vehicle to take home, gas card, company phone to take home, and open to over time.
Cons
Dispatch, travelling, alone, forced overtime, and working in all types of weather.

Want to know more about Safelite Group?

Ask a question
Nice place to work
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 16, 2017
This is probably the most employee friendly call center I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Clean and efficient is the best way to explain safelite auto glass. I'd recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Great training and facility
April 17, 2017

At Safelite, we want to be the best place you’ll ever work… we’re glad to hear we’re on the right track!

Ok job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 14, 2017
If you are offered a "cash glass sales job" in the call center make sure you are ik with the hourly pay rate and dont rely on making the commission every week. No one makes commission every week. The top sales people make it maybe 3 out of 4 weeks a month and expect to average around 200.00 in commission when you do make it. They make it pretty difficult to hit the required numbers needed to get it. Other than that, as far as call center jobs go, i guess its not to bad. Very high turnover rate.
Wouldn't recommend it unless you enjoy overtime.
Seasonal Windshield Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 11, 2017
It's not a question of IF you're going to be working overtime, it's a question of HOW MUCH overtime you're going to work. Due to the lack of technicians, the unwillingness of management to hire on more, and the amount of customers we got in the queue, I would consistently work 10-12 hour shifts every day. Pair that with ungrateful customers that are constantly angry because you're late (and you will be), and I'm glad it was only a seasonal position. The pay was pretty good though.
April 17, 2017

Thanks for taking the time share your honest feedback… we’re always looking to better ourselves and this will help shape the future of Safelite.

very professional job and also employees
Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 11, 2017
safelite, a very nice company to work for and also enjoyed the supervisor there. he was really a down to earth, straight shooter guy. I loved there but had to move accordinly
April 17, 2017

Thanks for the positive feedback! Our associates are the key to a People Powered, Customer Driven culture!

Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 11, 2017
I learned a lot from the Safelite company. The work was competitive and easy. Each crew had a equal amount of jobs to preform. The work day was pretty balanced.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 7, 2017
Great place to work, fun environment. Enjoyed speaking with customers from around the country and assisting them with their glass claims. Everything was very well organized and ran very well
April 17, 2017

That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing with others the great experience you’ve had at Safelite!

I love Working at Safelite
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Midway, FLApril 5, 2017
Although being new to the company; I can tell its a place to call home. I love my coworkers and family setting. The managers are awesome! They work hard and always give their best effort and are always available to help.
Pros
Provide uniforms; healthcare available within first 30 days
Cons
no cons
April 10, 2017

Good
Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 3, 2017
Good starting out job or full time work to get the bills paid , hard work , maybe they should pay their workers a little more . The work is slightly dangerous and prepared to get cut by glass.
installer
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 3, 2017
pay and hours were good. mgmt sucked. things were ok until they switched to a new install system. minimal training on a new system and they expected you to be an expert after 2 days and 3 cars later.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative-assisted customers (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 2, 2017
Customer Service Representative-assisted customers with glass,
accident, worker’s compensation & property claims for multiple
insurance companies.
April 3, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review us… and for bringing to life the Safelite Spirit!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safelite Group. Our community is ready to answer.