Safelite Group Employee Reviews

Great place to start
Telephone Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 24, 2016
Everyday I took over 50 calls from customers from around the country. I learned how to handle high-stress situations as well as difficult customers. The management team seemed more interested in the money that could be made for the company and not what was best for the individual employee, but my relationship with my co-workers was great! The hardest part of my job was knowing that no matter how many hours I worked or how hard I worked, the value of my work was not in consideration when it came time for advancements and that I would never be able to advance higher than just a sales representative. Despite this, the most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to successfully help a customer and give them the service they needed for their replacement.
Pros
Good stepping stone into the work force
Cons
No advancement opportunities, no ability to obtain raise in salary, no acknowledgement of successes
Horrible place to work!!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Towanda, PAMarch 11, 2016
I worked at safelite for a year, first of all i made more in classroom style training than i ever made in the field. management is horrible they all think they are better than you. if you make someone mad that routes your jobs they will make sure you have the most horrible route possible where you hav to drive an hour in between jobs. you will be hired as a ten two employee which means they can lay you off for up to two months out of the year but it will take you 1 month just to get your unemployment. just an overall horrible experience. I would warn someone to look elsewhere and dont turn anything else down counting on this being a career. its a dead end job!!! by the way i broke my ankle working here and not even two days after i got back off leave they fired me. i cant even get a new job because i cant pass a physical because of my ankle... nice huh
Pros
Other techs are cool
Cons
Everything other than the other techs
work life balance
Leader (Current Employee) –  nyFebruary 18, 2016
Work life balance is great. There is a lot of changes at this time but when the dust settles this will be a good place to work. Pay is below my achievement expectations and advancement is limited. Management changes often.
Pros
company vehicle, life balance good, techs have job security hard to find someone who will work outside in all conditions
Cons
working in the elements, constant change and new expectations
Frustrating management
Installer (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIApril 6, 2016
Management does not care for the working guy. Impossible routes consisting of back and forth up to 3 hours plus the 12 hours amount of work. Good compensation to start along with good benefits. Impossible work schedule (giving 12 hours worth of work to be done in 8 not including drive time). Not a great job for a family driven employee. There is a reason they have a horrific turnover rate.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, company vehicle
Cons
schedule, management
Improper Training
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 28, 2016
I worked as a Manager for this company for 2.5 years. There is constant change in management. They hire people to manage stores and the warehouse but they give no proper training. They expect a person with zero experience with inventory to maintain inventory at stores without any training what so ever. Then they blame the warehouse manger for the store inventory being screwed up.

They use the "good ole boy" network. If you know certain people, you will never be fired and always promoted regardless of how horrible you are at your job. If you are an "outsider" though, you better not make a mistake.

The warehouse is treated like the red headed step child. There are all kinds of incentives and perks for technicians but warehouse associates are treated as if they low life scum.

The upper management in the Florida market has HORRIBLE leadership skills. They expect you to find excellent warehouse talent but yet they pay warehouse leads what entry level associates make at other places in the same market.
Pros
most fellow associates are great people and care about each other
Cons
Pay is bad, very minimal advancement and horrible management
Awful office envrionment
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work is either super busy so the time flies or super slow so the day drags. Unfortunately, there is almost never a happy medium.
I learned a lot about vehicles and different features on glass.
The management team is not proactive in handling issues among the employees or helping to improve your work experience.
Some of the co-workers are awful, rude and have nasty, toxic attitudes.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the office politics.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the busy days when you go into "work mode" and just hash out the days.
Cons
Poor healthcare.
Learned customer rapport building skills and sales techniques
Sales Central Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 29, 2015
Great place to start a sales career. The products are not so difficult to sell as Safe Lite is the leading auto glass provider in the country. Many customer objections create sales opportunities and provides challenging and competitive work life.

Commission structure needs work. Such as customer appointment retention, the sales rep has no control whether the customers needs to reschedule appointments/cancel/show up/etc. Weekly commission goals are flawed because of this. Liked getting to know the team, great coaches who try very hard to make you feel appreciated.
Pros
Flexible, steady, challenging
Cons
Inconsistent commissions, no promotion opportunities
Safelite has an uncanny ability to spot talent.
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 18, 2015
Safelite Autoglass has been very good to me. They provided me just enough work that I could handle at first.

Once I proved my abilities and skills they recognized me.

I learned how to perform my role effectively from my peer, which was extremely difficult in my first 90 days in the role. I definitely overcame the stress of not having a supervisor and clear management.

A typical day at work is hectic and confusing, at the same time very rewarding.

My coworkers are wonderful, knowledgeable, and supportive.

The hardest part of the job is the constant changes in my role, the company policies, and the schedule.

The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the successful inspiration and growth of new associates and continuing to teach best practices.
Pros
Great people, good benefits, active engagement.
Cons
Constant schedule change, Mixed messages, Inconsistent Direction.
Safelite is overall a great ompany.
Executive Services Team (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 25, 2016
Safelite is overall a great company, but as a whole the management is getting better. I find the management team as a whole is wonderful. But their is that one supervisor that seem to think the world revolves around them. Instead of seeking employment else where as they express they are tired of the position, they stay making it very hard for others feel comfortable. I am not being mean its just to say, do not be discouraged to apply because you hear about one or two individual supervisors that are burnt out.

Good Luck and I hope my review help someone.
Pros
Free lunch for hard work/appreciation week! Kudo letters for excellent CS, Team challanges
Cons
Extremely stressfull when short staffed! Which seems to be a constant
High Turnover
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 25, 2016
This place has a very high turnover rate. They will hire you with promises of giving 40+ hours if you want. I got hired on part-time and was told I could advance to full-time. I worked there for a few months and requested extra hours and kept getting denied. In those few months I never got a 40 hour week. The job coaches are rude when you first get out on the call center. The employees that help train are very friendly. And they are very strict. Being strict is OK, but they take it overboard. You can definitely tell they don't want to keep their employees and they don't mind they are training new classes every week. I highly recommend not working for this company that has a sign out front 365 days a year that says they are now hiring.
Pros
Cons
They are jerks to work for period
Safelite Group
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 19, 2016
Safelite was a melting pot of diversity.
I generally took calls regarding customer glass repair or replacement options. Payment was either secured via CC number or through contact with the customer's insurance claims department.
I learned quite a bit about auto glass regarding the repair and replacement techniques.
My direct supervisor was awesome. It truly felt that their entire reason for being on the floor daily was to make sure everyone on the team succeeded.
I would have to say making the sales was the hardest part of the job. Most people don't know what each piece of glass on their car sells for, nor what goes into their creation.
The diverse customer base and conversations had with customers during the process of discovering what they needed and how much it would cost them was definitely what took me to work daily.
Pros
Enjoyed the customers and the pay wasn't bad.
Flexiable
Technician (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 26, 2016
Working for a company for over 10 years that provides flexibility was awesome. It was good to be apart of a growing company that provided a lot of training and experiences throughout the years. The training and work environment was wonderful to be a part of. There has been many changes from corporate that were made quickly and only in the favor of the company. The employees were used to a certain commission plan and when a drastic change is made without no adjustment period is hard to swallow when you are supporting a family. When this part up to management, it's always "we are looking into it". The managers have been looking into it for two years and there has been no solution. I enjoyed traveling to meet customers and fix their glass for them on the on spot.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
drastic change to commission plan
Meh
CUSTOMER SERVICE - INBOUND SALES (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 24, 2015
No way to advance, no matter how hard you try. They will find reasons to not give you full time, in a very nit-picky way. All you are is a headset and a butt in a seat. Management and job coaches were always kind to me, but they can only do so much.
The way the commission works is pretty much a joke. I think you should get commission from each appointment scheduled and invoiced. That would drive one to make more sales, thus getting the company more money. Duh.
Pros
clean facility, aside from the bed bugs and roaches.
Cons
no chance for advancement, hard to get full time with health insurance.
Fun place to work with great coworkers and managment team.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 21, 2016
Working for Safelite was one of the best decisions I've made. Your typical day at work is greeted by friendly coworkers and a great management team, followed by reviewing your goals for that week, proceeded by getting ready to take customer phone calls. The management team within Safelite is very motivational and inspiring. I really don't believe there is a difficult part of this job, it's pretty simple as long as you know what you're doing/talking about. The most enjoyable part of this job is the coworkers you're surrounded by, and learning about the glass that goes on vehicles. I've learned a lot by working here and there was never a day that I woke up for work not wanting to go.
A few hard working co-workers like myself but the upper leadership needs vast improvement.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32808July 8, 2016
Everyday we had lots of work duties and we for the most part accomplished them. I started as a driver and worked myself up the ladder. New leadership came in and everything went down hill from there. They only promoted people who were closely assoiciated to the leadership team. It was not what you know but who you knew. I had a few hardworking co-workers but some were not so hardworking. The hardest part of the job was getting everyone from top to bottom to be on the same page and work as a team. honestly, the most enjoyable part of the job was giving my 2 week notice and knowing I would be leaving.
Pros
Cons
leadership
Great company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 30, 2016
Satellite Solutions is a very good company to work for. Everyday is routine so you know exactly what to expect. I have learned a lot about insurance companies and good customer service skills. Management is great, very easy to talk to. Hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers, but I have learned to not let it affect my working day. Everyone is very friendly, easy to talk to, and always willing to help.
Good people fun to do no social life really working 6 days a week long hours
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Good place worked here for a short time some of the workers don't even get to take a lunch because gets busy and only one person doing the glass work. Long hours do know what time your going home. Sometimes people will get mad because of there pay they weren't getting the whole money they were suppose too until weeks later when they taxed them which sucked. People are nice can't say nothing bad about that though.
Pros
Friendly good pay
Cons
People weren't taking lunches people weren't getting paid what they were suppose too
Great company to work for
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 24, 2016
Auto Glass Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAJuly 28, 2016
If you put in the time and effort into the company that they put into you, you will go places. I have been a Tech for 2 years and I really love it. Yes the work/personal life balance could be better. I have never really had a problem with the company. I plan on moving up and making a career out of it. They pay good but you are the one that makes it better. I have traveled to other markets to work. I won't go back to one but the other one I will. I had a great experience up there and was told if I ever wanted to come back they would make it happen.
Pros
Company vehicle, management, pay
Cons
Cost of health care (cant help it because of stupid OBAMA)
terrible worst job i ever had
Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 28, 2016
I have over 20 years experience as a diesel mechanic and I found the train for a technician to be rushed and inadequate. They overload you with work and are completely nasty if you call in had a stomach virus and was throwing up on shop floor and told I had better get out there and go to work. Management sucks like working for a bunch of self caring idiots.my tools kept getting stolen out of my box in the shop nothing was done told me to go buy new ones . They expected techs from asheville to dive to Greenville and spartinburg for work an hour and a half drive with no pay that's 3 hours of your day wasted with no money for it . Unless you are young and stupid and have no other career choice do not work here avoid it like the plague. 4 jobs turn into 5 to 6 to 7,8,9 they go home at 4:30 or 5:00 and expect you to work as late as it takes.hated it . They also expect you to maintain your work vehicle on your time on the weekends you have to pay out of your checks twords bad insurance
Pros
work vehicle, gas card
Cons
work load, management, making you drive to another state for work