Safelite Group Employee Reviews in United States

Not very happy
Technician (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 30, 2016
Management only cared about themselves. They work all techs like slaves. Whatever you do dont make the person routing mad because you will be driving an hour inn between job. the hourly wage was garbage.
Pros
company van
Cons
low pay, work like slaves
Safelite Group
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 19, 2016
Safelite was a melting pot of diversity.
I generally took calls regarding customer glass repair or replacement options. Payment was either secured via CC number or through contact with the customer's insurance claims department.
I learned quite a bit about auto glass regarding the repair and replacement techniques.
My direct supervisor was awesome. It truly felt that their entire reason for being on the floor daily was to make sure everyone on the team succeeded.
I would have to say making the sales was the hardest part of the job. Most people don't know what each piece of glass on their car sells for, nor what goes into their creation.
The diverse customer base and conversations had with customers during the process of discovering what they needed and how much it would cost them was definitely what took me to work daily.
Pros
Enjoyed the customers and the pay wasn't bad.
No time off
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAAugust 15, 2016
Every day is different, and you need to be 100% flexible to work here.
Management does not care if you have a home life they expect you to work and be on call all the time.
Pros
One charity work day a year for every associate
Cons
Need to work 6 days a week, no day off for salary associates
Taught me to install glass and chip repairs
Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 15, 2016
Job taught me everything I needed to know about installing and repairing glass. the only problem was management was no help when help was needed
Pros
Good pay, lots of hrs.
Cons
lack of management
Good co workers. Management needs some work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2016
Not a bad place to work. Pretty laid back. Supervisors could help a little more. Pretty laid back for the most part.

The way their break system is needs work.
sales
Repair medic (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 15, 2016
a normal day at bed bath and beyond is a pretty routine day, but doesn't mean that its easy. you have to talk to a lot of people and answer a lot of questions and be able to talk to all types of people. no day will ever be exactly the same. no sale will ever be the same. and the products that you sell and learn about not only help the store but will also help you make choices for your self for when you need something.
semi stressful, personal motivation and perseverance is required to succeed.
Auto Glass Mobile Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILAugust 11, 2016
typical work day is 7:30am until jobs are completed, anywhere from 3 to 6 installs per day in my experience 1.5hr time frame allotted for each job plus drive time in between jobs. 9 or 10 hour work days were a regular occurrence. Rarely had time to take a lunch. Management was a mixed bag, some helpful others not at all. Working in extreme heat and extreme cold is required.
Pros
company vehicle. company pays for gas. company provides most of the tools required for the job
Creative and interesting work environment with free TV in break room.
Warehouse Intern (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 10, 2016
A typical day at work would be free coffee if you were thirsty, water, etc. This would include performing various tasks such as cleaning windshields, sometimes restocking on shelves, cleanup of work area, (optional, but highly recommended), shipping and receiving deliveries of windshields and related parts to suppliers outside of the general building, fixing scratched windshields by buffing, using pickers and forklifts, etc. Management was very kind and helpful when needed and mostly gave positive feedback on job performance, but was out sometimes due to personal reasons. Co-workers were mostly fun to work with, learn from and made some friendships doing so. Hardest part was using the picker, forklift and especially the shipping and receiving because I don't drive on the highway much and am often intimidated by it. The most enjoyable part would have to be the cleaning of windshields and buffing them if I knew what I was doing... The free food was awesome also! ;)
Pros
Very kind management, great coworkers, occasional free food for workers
Cons
Too dusty, sometimes shortstaffed, lack of direct deposit pay, etc.
Sale, Email, Consult, File Claims,
Sales Consultant (Phone) (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 10, 2016
Started in one department and currently operate in 5. Use a computer for national scheduling both for single consumers and major accounts. Non stop calls and solutions. Days go by as I come in work never speak to a supervisor complete my days work and go home.
Pros
For the most part im self managed
Cons
not all shops national had the same hard workers as others.
This was a part time position while I was in school
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 9, 2016
I worked at Pet Lovers for a brief amount of time, I was in school and I was working part time. I did enjoy this job due to the fact that I am a huge animal lover and loved making sure the animals there were loved and well taken care of
Pros
working with animals
Cons
The fact that the animals were not a priority to management or business owners
It's a job not a career
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  2400 Farmers dr Columbus OhioAugust 5, 2016
The contact center is a sales job any way you look at it. They push numbers and drive people to cheat. They could achieve they same goals the right way; which is teaching the employees good quality customer service skill and reward for that. Then the numbers would follow. The job coaches and managers are not always professional and create undo stress on employees.
Pros
Games fun place to work
Cons
Stress from management overworking staff
Unsatisfied , i quit working here
Inbound Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 5, 2016
I was forced to resign because I lost on my way to work everyday as there location is purposely confusing; they also have unrealistic policy for hires.
Pros
a job
Cons
too far
Great Company
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 4, 2016
Great company to work for if you like talking on the phone. Best training class I've ever been through. The company provides you with everything you need to make sales and commission.
Good Job if you dont have any other choice pay plan is no good.
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Hasbrouck Heights, NJJuly 31, 2016
This place will train you well but once training is over your loaded with jobs so proper processes suffer if you want to make it home before 7pm. The per hour is good for the first couple months of training but after training you realize how much more you could be making if the goals set to make commission were realistic. To hit commission you have to be a wizard and have everything from customer and glass to installation on a overall be perfect on every job. Which as we know humans aren't perfect so no commission. They are unforgiving as far as having a life they will tell you things like you don't care for the customer to make you feel guilty. This place could be more successful if they would just actually listen to employees and be open to having some real benefits for the techs who are out there everyday doing the real work. I always wondered how jobs were good enough for Safelite to collect money from customers but they were never good enough to pay the tech who did the work. SHAME
Pros
Company van, training, tools
Cons
Pay, Job hours, Management/Dispatch
terrible worst job i ever had
Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 28, 2016
I have over 20 years experience as a diesel mechanic and I found the train for a technician to be rushed and inadequate. They overload you with work and are completely nasty if you call in had a stomach virus and was throwing up on shop floor and told I had better get out there and go to work. Management sucks like working for a bunch of self caring idiots.my tools kept getting stolen out of my box in the shop nothing was done told me to go buy new ones . They expected techs from asheville to dive to Greenville and spartinburg for work an hour and a half drive with no pay that's 3 hours of your day wasted with no money for it . Unless you are young and stupid and have no other career choice do not work here avoid it like the plague. 4 jobs turn into 5 to 6 to 7,8,9 they go home at 4:30 or 5:00 and expect you to work as late as it takes.hated it . They also expect you to maintain your work vehicle on your time on the weekends you have to pay out of your checks twords bad insurance
Pros
work vehicle, gas card
Cons
work load, management, making you drive to another state for work
Auto Glass Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAJuly 28, 2016
If you put in the time and effort into the company that they put into you, you will go places. I have been a Tech for 2 years and I really love it. Yes the work/personal life balance could be better. I have never really had a problem with the company. I plan on moving up and making a career out of it. They pay good but you are the one that makes it better. I have traveled to other markets to work. I won't go back to one but the other one I will. I had a great experience up there and was told if I ever wanted to come back they would make it happen.
Pros
Company vehicle, management, pay
Cons
Cost of health care (cant help it because of stupid OBAMA)
Flexiable
Technician (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 26, 2016
Working for a company for over 10 years that provides flexibility was awesome. It was good to be apart of a growing company that provided a lot of training and experiences throughout the years. The training and work environment was wonderful to be a part of. There has been many changes from corporate that were made quickly and only in the favor of the company. The employees were used to a certain commission plan and when a drastic change is made without no adjustment period is hard to swallow when you are supporting a family. When this part up to management, it's always "we are looking into it". The managers have been looking into it for two years and there has been no solution. I enjoyed traveling to meet customers and fix their glass for them on the on spot.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
drastic change to commission plan
Overall hatd company to work for.
Job Coach Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 24, 2016
Very over worked customer service reps. Could not coach and develop my team due to work load of all my reps. Extremely negative reps due to availability to coach and develop to help them grow with the company.
Fun place to work with great coworkers and managment team.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 21, 2016
Working for Safelite was one of the best decisions I've made. Your typical day at work is greeted by friendly coworkers and a great management team, followed by reviewing your goals for that week, proceeded by getting ready to take customer phone calls. The management team within Safelite is very motivational and inspiring. I really don't believe there is a difficult part of this job, it's pretty simple as long as you know what you're doing/talking about. The most enjoyable part of this job is the coworkers you're surrounded by, and learning about the glass that goes on vehicles. I've learned a lot by working here and there was never a day that I woke up for work not wanting to go.
Loved it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 20, 2016
Great place to make an income, offers plenty of extra hours! Makes the slow days fun, with games and incentives. Was the perfect job to have while I was pregnant!