Safelite Group Employee Reviews

Most people don't last six months
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 1, 2016
They have a reputation of having a revolving door. Poor management. They don't care about their employees. There is slim to no upward mobility and you cannot be even one second late or it is an occurrence. I am always early so this was not a problem for me. You have to bring you notebook/information, sweater and whatever else you might need with you every day because you share desk. They are not cubicles-they are desks. You have enough room for your monitor and you. You are expected to have the software up and running before logging in. You cannot use the restroom unless it is during your break time. You are expected to make a certain amount of sales or you could be fired for that as well. You also have to say exactly what is on the screen. Basically, they prefer robots to someone intelligent with a personality.
Pros
Great benefits, Cafeteria on site, strict on time management
Cons
We would get hours cut if it wasn't busy, No personal Space No job security, No advancement opportunity.
Great people, good company vision
employee (Current Employee) –  USANovember 22, 2016
the best part of Safelite is by far the people, almost everyone is very genuine and caring. It's kept me there for over 10 years through some tough times, just because of the close knit camaraderie, even across business units.
Pros
great people, caring culture
Cons
salary for internal promotions is secretive, no transparency, field leadership often does not share the company vision
Good place if you're new to a call center environment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Their policy on tardiness and absents could use some change. This is why they have a hight turnover for the most part. They have a handful of decent managers, which is another reason for the turnovers. For a place that wants you to believe that they can't excel without you, they don't do a good job of showing that. I worked on the 3rd shift team and we always got the left over food from 1st and 2nd shift from the holiday events. There is also a group of people whose sole job is to fairly gate the amount of calls each person is to receive and they are horrible at their job. I would be getting back to back claims while the people around me who also had the same accounts that I had would get nothing. Then when you complain to management they make excuses and try to throw out number of employees to number of calls. Never could explain why we had 10 people taking back to back calls and had 20 people sitting around doing nothing.
Pros
good pay, benefits, set schedules
Cons
micromanaging, policy and procedures for absents and tardies, managers that are too busy or unwilling to help.
Could use some re-evaluation of the cost of living
Warehouse Associate/Driver (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MD 21237December 19, 2016
Not a bad job, just wouldn't recommend as a career unless you have a couple decades to climb that ladder. You will definitely need another job if you have your own place and car .
benefits
Cons
not a competitive paying company
Great opportunity and management
Mobile glass technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 9, 2016
Great work/life balance. Management is top notch. Very supportive environment. Great place to start a career. Co-workers are very supportive and will not hesitate to assist you. Highly recommend.
Auto Glass Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAJuly 28, 2016
If you put in the time and effort into the company that they put into you, you will go places. I have been a Tech for 2 years and I really love it. Yes the work/personal life balance could be better. I have never really had a problem with the company. I plan on moving up and making a career out of it. They pay good but you are the one that makes it better. I have traveled to other markets to work. I won't go back to one but the other one I will. I had a great experience up there and was told if I ever wanted to come back they would make it happen.
Pros
Company vehicle, management, pay
Cons
Cost of health care (cant help it because of stupid OBAMA)
terrible worst job i ever had
Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 28, 2016
I have over 20 years experience as a diesel mechanic and I found the train for a technician to be rushed and inadequate. They overload you with work and are completely nasty if you call in had a stomach virus and was throwing up on shop floor and told I had better get out there and go to work. Management sucks like working for a bunch of self caring idiots.my tools kept getting stolen out of my box in the shop nothing was done told me to go buy new ones . They expected techs from asheville to dive to Greenville and spartinburg for work an hour and a half drive with no pay that's 3 hours of your day wasted with no money for it . Unless you are young and stupid and have no other career choice do not work here avoid it like the plague. 4 jobs turn into 5 to 6 to 7,8,9 they go home at 4:30 or 5:00 and expect you to work as late as it takes.hated it . They also expect you to maintain your work vehicle on your time on the weekends you have to pay out of your checks twords bad insurance
Pros
work vehicle, gas card
Cons
work load, management, making you drive to another state for work
Job security with room to grow
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 18, 2016
Safelite was a job I went to when my former position ended due to layoff. Safelite is a good company that provides job security and other opportunities to move to other positions within the company. The coaches always assisted with areas each person may need to work on and are very supportive.
Pros
Bonuses, job security, raises, team lunches, overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Good Job if you dont have any other choice pay plan is no good.
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Hasbrouck Heights, NJJuly 31, 2016
This place will train you well but once training is over your loaded with jobs so proper processes suffer if you want to make it home before 7pm. The per hour is good for the first couple months of training but after training you realize how much more you could be making if the goals set to make commission were realistic. To hit commission you have to be a wizard and have everything from customer and glass to installation on a overall be perfect on every job. Which as we know humans aren't perfect so no commission. They are unforgiving as far as having a life they will tell you things like you don't care for the customer to make you feel guilty. This place could be more successful if they would just actually listen to employees and be open to having some real benefits for the techs who are out there everyday doing the real work. I always wondered how jobs were good enough for Safelite to collect money from customers but they were never good enough to pay the tech who did the work. SHAME
Pros
Company van, training, tools
Cons
Pay, Job hours, Management/Dispatch
Stay Away
Senior technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 4, 2016
Regardless of what you may think, this is a terrible company to work for. They are strictly a numbers driven company and not about quality. As a technician, we were constantly having our jobs threatened if we didn't install a certain number of jobs a day. On top of the 8, 10, 12 windshields we were given, they told us they'd us secret shoppers to video us, we had to wipe down every window and vacuum out every car. We'd drive hundreds of miles a day. With an average installation taking approximately an hour, it's impossible to do a proper job with the shear amount of work they'd give us. It's a catch 22. If you don't take short cuts, you can't get the work done and they'd fire you. If you get caught taking short cuts, they'd fire you. If you're installing a lot of glass, they turn a blind eye to short cuts.
Pros
Benefits Package
Cons
Too many to name
Customer Service at it's finest!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYJune 15, 2016
I met many wonderful people at Safelite. However when I worked there many years ago Safelite had a call center in Colombus, Ohio that caused conflict in scheduling which led to many upset customers. There were a lot of inconsistencies with management. This job certainly taught me how to problem slove and the good, the bad, and the ugly of customer service.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Small raises
good workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NCDecember 15, 2016
safelite was a great place to work with good benefits nice management good quality and paying job.they allow me to better my seft and show my skill I did a lot operator machines work on machines and run my department sometimes
Pros
good pay
Cons
short break
Great Place to Work....
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 21, 2016
If you love working long hours for barely any pay, this is the job for you. Job is listed as 8-5, but you are expected to be there at 7, and you work until you are done with your jobs, which could be 9pm.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Management Team
This is the worst employer ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIDecember 10, 2016
I wouldn't recommend working for safelite in any position. They have a horrible management team, and they severely mistreat their employees.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, extremely long hours, having to work over with no warning
Worst company ever
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 13, 2016
No employee appreciation. Hire virtually anyone because it's a horrible place to work and turn key like I've never seen before. Micro manage. Horrible management. Constantly messing up pay checks. Just horrible
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Seasonal Technical Support Associate
Seasonal Technician Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2016
Stressful, mentally and physically exhausting work so you will always be tired throughout the week, doesn't pay enough or pay close to similar businesses. Long hours, expected to give 110%, 110% of the time. Poorly run business due to miscommunication, inefficient employees with lack of experience, and disorganization. Many people leave this job (including other positions) for the similar reasons.
Pros
Occasional company lunches, provides insurance
Cons
Management overshadowing, stressful and exhausting- has a strong impact on your health physically and mentally, no sick days.
Management Stinks
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJanuary 8, 2017
Great job , Management is in real need of help . I transferred from a Nd department ( which I loved , treated you like family ) to Ga department ( which was horrible ) it was like night and day. they were more about Quantity over quality . Over working you By giving you ( 5 -8 ) 8am -12pm jobs in a day ( you can only do maybe a total of 2-3 ), leaving the customers to become highly upset when you make the pre-calls before you leave the shop , there fore giving you the technician a bad survey which in turn messes with your bonus .
Pros
Get to take van home every night, be your own boss while on the road .
Cons
no lunches, upset customers, no bonuses, Management !!!!!!!!!!!!
A day at work
Mobile Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 11, 2016
My typical day at work begins with repair jobs routed to my work phone. The route is usually all over Virginia sometimes an hour and a half away. Working on the job I learned how to correctly repair a chipped window glass. My coworkers are great people, well some of them. The hardest part of the job is communicating with management. The most enjoyable part is being employed.
Pros
Learned how to repair a glass
Cons
compensation, work hours and advancement opportunities
Great place to start
Telephone Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 24, 2016
Everyday I took over 50 calls from customers from around the country. I learned how to handle high-stress situations as well as difficult customers. The management team seemed more interested in the money that could be made for the company and not what was best for the individual employee, but my relationship with my co-workers was great! The hardest part of my job was knowing that no matter how many hours I worked or how hard I worked, the value of my work was not in consideration when it came time for advancements and that I would never be able to advance higher than just a sales representative. Despite this, the most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to successfully help a customer and give them the service they needed for their replacement.
Pros
Good stepping stone into the work force
Cons
No advancement opportunities, no ability to obtain raise in salary, no acknowledgement of successes
Don't be yourself
CUSTOMER ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 16, 2016
Worked for them for 2 years and was let go while my spouse was hurt and not working knocking us down to 1 income and they KNEW what was happening. The 'operations manager' showed favoritism so bad that it cause division in the office. The DM did/does nothing but worry about invoices being done and meeting the numbers. Don't be your true self if you are a leader; it could get you FIRED. Management will do ANYTHING for retention with customers even if they embarrass you in the process.
Pros
free lunch, breaks, flexible schedule, fun, love the techs, great co workers
Cons
MANAGEMENT, rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safelite Group. Our community is ready to answer.