Safelite Group Employee Reviews

Store Manager was great above him terrible
Windshield technician (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 21, 2017
long hours sometimes I wouldn't get home till 9 or 10 PM and started at 8 they over booked me a normal time for me to get home was 7:30or 8 pm and our hours were 8-5
Pros
Cons
sometimes i wount take lunch because of over booking and had to be at places sertain times
It's not a bad thing to get into
Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 20, 2017
Working for Safelite was pretty fun. You were in charge of your van, tools and the quality of your work. The training was an in depth procedure with excellent hands on training. A typical day in the field would start like this: Show up to receive the glass for your jobs that day, inspect your glass as you load it into your van, and then call your customers for the day and create your schedule.
Easy going and professional
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2017
Working for Safelite Autoglass is a very team oriented and goal driven experience. With many departments working together, it always feels like there is support near by.
Productive and very relaxed but also very busy enviornment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham AlabamaJanuary 18, 2017
I loved working there un fortunately business bacme slow and they had to let me go. The management was very caring and helpful i loved wirking there.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 18, 2017
The perks of working at this job is being able to go see multiple free movies. Although it can often get very busy when big movies come out it is still and awesome work environment. Also they are very flexible with your schedule
fun,enjoyable,relax
Picker (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Working At safelite was a good experience for and fun at the sametime.because i had the chance to do something i loved which was drive a forklift.the job was pretty easy once i got the hang of it and learnrd my do's and don't's.the job was not haed at all,i worked in the warehouse picking out windshield and sorting them out to be shipped for the follwing day.i really enjoyed doing that because i stay on a forklift all day just doing my job.i enjoyed working with the staff there they really are some good staff members there that would take the time to show you things that you may ot be familiar with or do not understand.i really miss it.
Pros
grill food, long good breaks
Cons
can't think of none
Love SafeLite
Inbound Sales (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 12, 2017
I absolutely loved working with Safelite Autoglass my coach Hailee Monk was awesome. They treated you like family. She was a great coach and explained things in a manner that was not condescending and was good to her team. Safelite is a great company to work with as they are family friendly and I so appreciated that.
cool work place
sales / customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJanuary 12, 2017
From the beginning of the day it was very busy and on holidays it was typically slow. It was a nice place to work over all. My job coach made the environment fun. He was a nice guy.
It was an okay job..
Executive Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 12, 2017
High intensity job with very often upset to irate customers who were not satisfied with the technicians work. I had to not only take down their complaint and the situation that happened but also take responsibility and fix the problem. That often meant scheduling a follow up appointment and calling the different managers and shops.

The coworkers were great and were always willing to help out if the need was there. We all worked great together as a team. The managers were alright. Whenever I asked for help, they always acted like I was bothering them and they were more often than not very rude, except for one manager.

The hardest part of the job was the stress level. Its was really hard at first not to take any of it personal, especially when you're called every name under the son.
Pros
really good pay and great coworkers
Cons
high stress level, sitting for long periods of time, and bad managers
Good place if you're new to a call center environment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Their policy on tardiness and absents could use some change. This is why they have a hight turnover for the most part. They have a handful of decent managers, which is another reason for the turnovers. For a place that wants you to believe that they can't excel without you, they don't do a good job of showing that. I worked on the 3rd shift team and we always got the left over food from 1st and 2nd shift from the holiday events. There is also a group of people whose sole job is to fairly gate the amount of calls each person is to receive and they are horrible at their job. I would be getting back to back claims while the people around me who also had the same accounts that I had would get nothing. Then when you complain to management they make excuses and try to throw out number of employees to number of calls. Never could explain why we had 10 people taking back to back calls and had 20 people sitting around doing nothing.
Pros
good pay, benefits, set schedules
Cons
micromanaging, policy and procedures for absents and tardies, managers that are too busy or unwilling to help.
Great place
Tech Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 11, 2017
Great place to work, would return anytime.
I had a great experience with the Safellite team.
They treated me with a great deal of respect. The team at safelite were very dedicated to customer service, which is what their name is built on. They install auto glass, but customer satisfaction is number one.
fun place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 10, 2017
answer phones to schedule glass replacement. dispatch work to drivers. help order glass for the warehouse to have in stock
simple, excellent work place
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 10, 2017
great place to work, and build your talking skills, its a call center so if u don't like talking or communication then this is not the spot for you. other then that simple and amazing place to start and build up your resume
Pros
WEEKLY PAY!
Cons
hearing people complain
Management Stinks
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJanuary 8, 2017
Great job , Management is in real need of help . I transferred from a Nd department ( which I loved , treated you like family ) to Ga department ( which was horrible ) it was like night and day. they were more about Quantity over quality . Over working you By giving you ( 5 -8 ) 8am -12pm jobs in a day ( you can only do maybe a total of 2-3 ), leaving the customers to become highly upset when you make the pre-calls before you leave the shop , there fore giving you the technician a bad survey which in turn messes with your bonus .
Pros
Get to take van home every night, be your own boss while on the road .
Cons
no lunches, upset customers, no bonuses, Management !!!!!!!!!!!!
no accountability
Installer/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day at work is waking up and seeing that i dont have enough jobs to get 8 hours in. Or that im so over booked that ill HAVE to skip lunch and work way past 5. you might have 5-6 jobs and it take 30-45 minutes up to 1.5 hours to get from one job to the next. and it takes around a hour to do the job. its unrealistic at times.
Its hard for me to perform my job to the fullest if im not fully equipped to do the job. I have the essentials to install/repair but not for the complimentary vacuum. Your performance, and pay are dependent on feedback through customer surveys. The company offers many perks to the customer at the cost of stress on the technician because of unrealistic expectations. If the customer feels you did not meet expectations, you get a bad survey. In the middle of your already stressful and hectic schedule you are subject to "add ons". Mostly car rental companies. They take priority over the next jobs in line. These unrealistic expectations build.

I did learn the best way to install or repair a windshield, back glass door glass, and quarter glass. I do believe that safelite has the best products and technicians to do automotive glass replacement and repair. They care a great deal about quality and customer satisfaction. Its very goal oriented and beating goals is awarded generously and often.

This is my experience. This is just a small example of a couple of the issues i deal with pretty much daily. As you can see it has its ups and downs. If you can hang in there when its tuff, it pays off. But it gets pretty tuff.
Efficient work place with outgoing workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 3, 2017
Great experience getting to work with customers directly, you learn the ins and outs of some insurance company and how to handle certain situations. It drastically increased my social skills and helped me improve my technological skills.
Employee Minded, Excellence Driven, Overall a Great Company
People Direct Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2016
First I will start by saying, I am currently with Safelite in a temporary capacity. From a Human Resources minded individual, this company is truly trying to make a difference from the inside out. I am a firm believer that if you work to make positive changes on the inside; positivity will radiate outwards.

Safelite is a very employee oriented company. Managers try to provide all the necessary training and development before putting you in a position. They want to make sure they have set you up for success not failure. I was truly impressed that they did not treat me as if I was a "temp", in fact, they have treated me as one of their own team members, and have made me feel welcome from day one. The atmosphere is one of positive encouragement, and building of trust through frequent communications. Obviously no company is perfect, but this one tries hard to please all associates.

I can only hope that I have the good fortune to find a permanent position with the amazing people at Safelite. However, if I do not, I will be able to carry the Safelite Spirit with me wherever I end up next.
Pros
Positive Encouragement, Benefits, Hours, Communication
productive
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CADecember 29, 2016
safelite helped me gain automotive mechanic experience
well environment, benefits, and pay.
bonuses are on the table up to you how well you do and can approve in order to earn that extra cash
accept employment at your own risk
IT Service Desk Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 22, 2016
issues all around.
unable to evolve as a company.
people are nice
i enjoyed my team mates
HR is horrible.
policies change by the hour
communication is horrible.
pay is below industry standard and they use HR loopholes to not pay you or assign appropriate job titles.
Orlando market is not great.
Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 22, 2016
Very unorganized and poorly operated.
Favoritism toward some employees.
Some employees token advantage of.
Was asked to work in some unfit areas and during bad weather.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safelite Group. Our community is ready to answer.