Safelite

Safelite Employer Reviews

ok place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 4, 2014
Pros: nice building
Cons: temp place
temp assignment wasn't there long. was an ok place nice building
Safelite
Referral and EDI (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 2, 2014
A typical day at Safelite, speaking with all different types of personalities, preparing auto glass claims for broken glass on automobiles. Selling wiper blades was a must and scheduling appointments for installation. Management was alwayys there if any problems arose as well as executive offices for assistance. Masnagement was very busy so it required – more... employees to be patient, Speaking and being knowlefdgeable in your job was the most enjoyable experience. – less
sales and customer service
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 22, 2014
I would be required to sale company products to customers seeking aid and also schedule service appointments for clients.
Good starter job for customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 12, 2014
Pros: paid good money
Cons: very strict atomosphere
Was alot like being a robot very scripted. Like I said good for a starter job hard to keep up with there expectations.Call times etc.
People are fun!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 8, 2014
It was an okay place to work. Just boring if you can't stand working on phones all day.
Enjoyable working for the company
Customer Service (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 23, 2013
Pros: enoyable job
Cons: hard selling glass to everyone that calls
People I work with are great. I really like talking with the people on the phone.
ASSEMBLY LINE
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Enfield, NCNovember 7, 2013
Pros: just a great job all around.
Cons: no con
STEADY WORK,GREAT MANAGEMENT TEAM AND CO-WORKER NOTHING REALLY HARD ABOUT THIS JOB.
Competitive work place
Repair Technician (Former Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 6, 2013
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: getting layed off
A typical work day started at 7am and ended up 6pm.
I learned I can drive all over the state of Virginia and get work done. I learned alot of areas and short-cuts to get to places quicker. Management was good for the most part. I think communication was lacking. The hardest part of the day was making every single customer more than satisfied with the – more... work I completed.The most enjoyable part of the day was completing the hardest part of the day and the customer being expressed. – less
bad work place bad house keeping
Lead Warehouse Associate/Furnace Operator (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCNovember 5, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: short breaks always hot
my typical work day its always hot always fast paste never a slow day.
A great place to work !
Manager (Former Employee), Danbury, CTOctober 22, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my day was the people and the culture at safelite.
sales/customer service
Warehouse service representative (Former Employee), North Haven than to East Hartford, CTOctober 21, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, hours
Cons: the company moved 1 hour away, too long to commute at the time.
I loved working for Safelite. I left because they closed our location and moved approximately 1 hour away. I tried it for three months but at the time I could not continue to commute.
I loved the work environment, it was challenging and different everyday.
Buyer, beware!
CSR (Former Employee), ChandlerOctober 16, 2013
Pros: you get a free cup and lanyarf
Cons: pffft. too many to name.
Ever wonder why a job that seems so simple and a company deemed "the greatest job you'll ever have" by the higher ups and trainers (be damned if this wasn't stressed to us daily during training) has such a high turnover rate; and is always hiring in mass?

Let me give you the answer in a nutshell.. Ever hear the old saying "if it sounds too good to – more... be true, it is?" Welcome to Safelite.

The application process seems simple enough. As is the recruiting, where they speak to you via phone interview, have you come in and do the all so pleasant two hour assessment and conclude with a person to person? Contrary to what they tell you, if you make it past the assessment phase, chances are you got the job; although in days 1-3, they'll try and fluff you up like you're the "chosen few." This of course comes after they remind you six dozen times that they're SO much better than the other call centers and any job you've ever had. Yet, I digress. The criminal background should have been easy enough for someone with no past history. It wasn't. Anything but. Imagine showing up for day 1 of training, then getting told you can't start for another three weeks (in the very next class) because they hadn't completed the background test on you?

The training itself? A lot of emphasis on greatness of the company. Oh by the way... Be prepared to get told you are taking a final exam on 1 day notice. Prepare to be walked out the door and terminated if you don't get a 90 percent of the 100 question final. One classmate found out midway through that a family member had died. Rather than getting the chance to go home and mourn, they took the final and got an 89. Mind you, 89 percent indicates you generally have a pretty good grasp of what you are being taught. Considering the person's mind was probably hurting from his news, 89 percent is actually excellent. However, not for Safelite and the trainer, who proceded to admonish them for "missing 12 and not getting it," walking them out the door like a criminal and telling them "we'd certainly love to have you back, feel free to apply again in 90 days." After seeing this happen, I wouldn't work here again in 90 YEARS, nevermind 90 days. They claim to be employee first? Lip service. But hey; at least you got a free mug and Safelite lanyard out of the deal. Anyone who wants one, you can find mine in the dumpster behind the parking lot at Bashas on Chandler Blvd.

Now for those like me fortunate enough to make it past training... Ever have a place where the "cool kids" get it all and are rewarded based off popularity instead of merit? Welcome to Safelite. Better never get sick, you get occurences, they're stuck with you. If you are dropping over on the floor, and are hospitalized with a doctors note when you return, you're still docked. Don't be even a second late or return from break a second late, its a tardy. You will wind up on a final warning in the bat of an eye.

Pros? Its a job. Its not exactly manual labor. It pays ok.. Not the highest paying call center out there but you make more than you would at McDonalds. Most of the coworkers are cool. Otherwise, not much else to brag about. Best thing I ever did was leave. – less
Good First job to have
TELESALES (Former Employee), chahndler azOctober 7, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: pay is horrible and always changing metrics
Good First job to have out of highschool to earn money for Iphone
good
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee), phoenixSeptember 30, 2013
good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVED it
DC Associate (Former Employee), Braselton, GAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: air conditioned break room
Cons: hot in the warehouse
I loved this job. I dont understand why they fired me. I learned how to build pallets, use a drill saw to cut down cardboard. I also learned how to drive a forklift.
Warm friendly environment to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 24, 2013
Pros: secure work place
Safelite was a fun warm work environment. They encouraged excellence in customer service, and they set the example in how they dealt with employees.
good job for starting
Auto Glass Technician (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJune 14, 2013
Pros: learned a good trade
Cons: bad management
was not managed well, managers changed often. worked in around the shop plus worked out in the public.
So far..
Customer Service (Current Employee), IowaMarch 25, 2013
Pros: schedule, compensation, and management in ohio.
So far, I just got hired. So i'm going to review the hiring process. Being that I live in Iowa and their office is in Ohio. They had a job fair here and I went, preapplied so therefore it sped up the process and we did a role play during that little interview on how to handle a call for the particular scenario. This isn't very hard if you are customer – more... service oriented and gives them an opportunity to check out your customer service attitude and demeanor. We did all of our communication through email and a few phone calls. Took a couple assessment tests, if you clear those they will set up a interview over the phone and then another with a hiring manager or something along those lines. I had a bit of trouble though having one of the people get ahold of me which bothered me for a second, but they made up for it. They called me and we discussed the job and forms I'm going to be signing at training. They are very organized with what i'm going to be doing and set a schedule up for after training that i'll work. I like the fact they start you out at 25 hours a week and starts out at 12 dollars per hour and after 6 weeks you will be given the chance for fulltime. I will review after I start working to see if this is a great fit for anyone else. So far, so good. – less
Wonderful Company
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 19, 2013
Safelite is truly a wonderful company to work for, and there really is a lot of opportunity within the company to advance and really reach for the benefits that may be important to many of us within the workforce.

A typical day involves handling a large quantity of insurance claims for automobile glass damage. Although, certain departments handle body – more... damage and first notice of loss damage claims (accidents/incidents).

The training they offer is excellent, because it is hands-on. Very rarely do you train that way, where you are performing mock transactions and calls with other coworkers. When people hit the floor, they are generally ready to handle insurance claims. However, I think that there needs to be more communication between the trainers and the supervisors on the floors... there is always room for improvement.

The atmosphere working there is upbeat, positive, and it is easy to become friends with people at work. Group meetings are always fun, and often food parties are held.

The most difficult part of the job is really a systematical issue. Certain insurance companies make it difficult to give customers the answers they are looking for in the timely fashion they want it, and this can upset people. It is important to understand that to a customer you are the voice of the company, and nothing is personal.

The most enjoyable part is really bringing a smile to someone's face after their car has been damaged, vandalized, etc... We have all had days where the world seems against us, and having a broken windshield or backglass is no exception. So, being able to get their vehicle fixed in a timely fashion (same day or next day) and hearing the delight in their voice is always wonderful. – less
Fun
CSR (Former Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 21, 2013
ALways willuing to help out very great attitudes never have had any problems with them