Safer Foundation Employee Reviews

Ability to watch men tarnsform into responsible member of thier communities
Correctional Case Manager (Current Employee) –  2839 W. Fillmore Chicago, IL 60612February 7, 2017
Work with a caseload of 40+ managing their finances, movement, medical needs and family support.

Level eight prison environment
Pros
Own office
Cons
High turnover
Excellent work environment...
Internship and Volunteerism (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2016
Great work environment, excellent tenants keeps the work surroundings safe and immaculate... I enjoy all assets of the work place, and have yet to counter any hard situations..
Safe
Correctional Residential Counselor-I (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2016
Energetic and passionate workplace. The people love what they do and give great customer service to its clients and customers
Awesome place to work.
Correctional Case Manage (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2016
I worked with Safer for 8years and it was the best 8 years ever. I have had great and awesome things to happen to me there. Serving the Client was the best and transporting them also. Working with The HR team during the hiring process allowed me to learn interviewing and recruiting skills in excellence. Working hand and hand with my supervisor to come up with creative ways to enhance our clients job/life skills. It was truly a blessing for me working for Safer. It can also be a great place for those starting out, Vet men and women.
Pros
They Give room for creativity and Growth
Cons
So Management team need Leadership training
Great Program Team
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2016
The Program staff is composed of ladies and men of different professional, economic, religious and ethnic backgrounds. The Team is very support of each other. Collaboration is Key
Exciting, challenging and satisfying
Territorial Sector Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2016
Safer was a nice professional place to work which fostered growth and development. I acquired solid skill sets while employed at Safer which catapulted me into more senior and professional roles.
Very fun work for the clients
Correctional Residence Counselor/ Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2016
Singing clients in and out of the work place. Making nightly report to reflect on client that singed in and out. Testing clients for drug and breathalyzer once they enter the building.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Lack of pay
It's a ok job, not an career.
Correctional Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2016
I didn't stay long you co-workers are very bitter. However, the management there is great! The residents will disrespect you if you allow them to.
Pros
They are contracted through IDOC.
Cons
The pay is not so great!
Was an average company to work for
Sector Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2016
The purpose of the company is great but it lacks greatly in the leadership department . Fair wages and good benefits though .
Productive work place.
Data Analyst/Researcher (Former Employee) –  571 W JacksonJanuary 9, 2016
• Supported Associate Vice President of Policy and Strategy
• Intense online research
• Heavy Data Entry
• Strong Excel
• Initiated communication with President’s, Vice President’s, CEO’s, Director of Human Resource of hospitals and healthcare clinics
Pros
Had the opportunity to help create partnerships for a special event.
Cons
There were none.
Bad Experience
Correctional Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2015
At this job, they only care about numbers and the money they make off of the inmates that are placed there. You are mandated to work overtime and still must come back six hours later for your regular shift. Upper management are children and love to try and disrespect everyone. Job was a joke. Inmates had better sense than management.
Pros
Money
Excellenct work place
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2015
I be comfortable and at peace, while at work. I learned that Safer Foundation is an very supportive organization. The manager are very caring and reasonable.The people I worked with were also supportive as well as my self and we all helped each other finish our duties.the hardest part of a job is not completing it.And the most enjoyable part of the job is to allow my work ethics to brighten ones day,them coming to an clean and fresh environment.
n/a
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
The company was ok to intern with. The facility was small and the nature of the work was very easy to catch on to. I enjoyed he environment for the most part
very fun
Sector Manager (Current Employee) –  chicago, ilMay 31, 2015
Helping at risk individual people.
Job development
Great management
Great team
Searching jobs
People success
Seeing at risk individuals become sucessfull
Great opportunity for people with employment barriers
Maintenance & Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2014
Working with Pivotal was ok but not steady we cleaned on the streets around the downtown area of Chicago but I only worked on the weekends.
Pros
they provided coats, boots and coveralls
Cons
Not enough hours to make a living
orderly operations very helpful staff
Packer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2014
moved to various positions and learned a variety of skills esp. the operation of labeling and machine operation. Management was sensible and understanding. For the most part staff members were very cooperative and worked as one with the exception of a few. There was nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was laughter and conversations during work and breaks. Music during work kept everyone mentally stimulated.
Pros
two 15 minute breaks and one hour lunch break
Cons
not enough days of work weekly
I was a intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2014
I was a intern. I helped juveniles who are in the jail system get ready for the GED
Excellent Management and Casual Fridays
Practicum/Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2014
This was an unpaid Practicum/Internship position. What I liked about Safer would start with the staff. As a Clinical Mental Health Professional, I was well!!. Supervisors went far and beyond their roles when it came to teaching us the craft of working with clients with mental-health/substance abuse issues. There was no such thing as a typical day at this site. I worked with IDOC inmates...never a dull moment! I learned from the clients as much as they learned from me and other co-workers. The paperwork was one of the hardest, but most rewarding areas I had to learn. Counselors deal with a lot of necessary paperwork! Thanks to my mentors at Safer, I am well qualified to do Intakes/Treatment plans etc. One of the most important lessons I learned at Safer...it takes a team to work with clients. I continue to understand how counseling is an Art!!!
Pros
Great Training, Great Training, Casual Fridays
Cons
Have to use copier and fax machines on lower floors
A nice internship to improve my computer skills
Intern of Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2014
This intern was assigned by my school. Safer Foundation is a non-profit organization with many nice co-workers. My typical day at work was to collected and organized clients’ personal information, assisting in managerial analysis of customer profiles. Formatted data from the Illinois Department of Employment Security by using proprietary database that can track the progress of the clients and verified employment according to Federal Title XX requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job is to check different people's files. Besides, sat next to my supervisor and worked with her was also fun. She was very nice and taught me a lot. She helped me make my excel skill and database more professional.
Not a great place
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2014
Not a great place to work because the pay is too low regardless of your education and morale is way down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safer Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

Safer Foundation Reviews by Location