Safer Foundation Employee Reviews

The program manager is amazing to work for
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 19, 2017
Very family oriented, sometimes the annual review process can be a bit tedious, the staff is great to work with, most of them have worked there for many many years. They are truly dedicated to their work and strongly believe in their efforts to help people become successful.
Caring Staff
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2017
Saferfoundation is an awesome place to work if you care about others and want to give back to society. It's a family oriented organization. There is room for personal development.
Pros
This type of work is always needed for the community. Hour lunch Breaks.
Cons
There are no cons @ this time.
Summary
Support Specialist at IMPACT program (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 5, 2017
Pick up clients, arrive at program have snacks. Then you break up into small groups and work on skills then gather together in one large group to do therapy. Then some kids do rec time while others cook dinner. After they eat dinner sometimes the kids get to rec more or finish another activity then it's time to do chores and head home.
Pros
Great work area, great program
Cautious Ennvironment
Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2017
The typical workday is dedicated to serving clients. I had the opportunity to introduce several core management systems. The culture is skeptical. While the agency serves several federal contracts and agency works to integrate services to its clients.
Pros
Well meaning staff.
Cons
Needs more focus on systems.
productive
Janitor/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60624July 1, 2017
Enjoyed the environment and people. I enjoyed keeping the building maintained and clean. I also did handy work such as change light bulbs and install water fountains.
Meaningful work
Intensive Case Manager (WIOA) (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILJune 1, 2017
Safer does great work. The pay isn't much but the work is meaningful. Great possibility for career advancement in the agency. Great management and co workers.
a typical work day
Correctional Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
being around a bunch of co-workers who have attitudes and always complaining about something. The longest 12-hour shift of my life. I just want to do my duties and go home.
Workplace environment
Instructional Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2017
Everything is professional and accurate. Friendly environment for the youth to build literacy, and it has the safe component to it as well.
This company deal with low unemployment rates in urban communities
Pros
Work with youth
Cons
Non-profit
Ability to watch men tarnsform into responsible member of thier communities
Correctional Case Manager (Current Employee) –  2839 W. Fillmore Chicago, IL 60612February 7, 2017
Work with a caseload of 40+ managing their finances, movement, medical needs and family support.

Level eight prison environment
Pros
Own office
Cons
High turnover
Love my job
Correctional Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2017
Great Case management staff, I have learned so much about Case Management here. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the paper work. The most enjoyable part is when the clients parole out and never come back.
Pros
own personal office
Cons
pay

Want to know more about Safer Foundation?

Ask a question
Excellent work environment...
Internship and Volunteerism (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2016
Great work environment, excellent tenants keeps the work surroundings safe and immaculate... I enjoy all assets of the work place, and have yet to counter any hard situations..
Safe
Correctional Residential Counselor-I (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2016
Energetic and passionate workplace. The people love what they do and give great customer service to its clients and customers
Awesome place to work.
Correctional Case Manage (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2016
I worked with Safer for 8years and it was the best 8 years ever. I have had great and awesome things to happen to me there. Serving the Client was the best and transporting them also. Working with The HR team during the hiring process allowed me to learn interviewing and recruiting skills in excellence. Working hand and hand with my supervisor to come up with creative ways to enhance our clients job/life skills. It was truly a blessing for me working for Safer. It can also be a great place for those starting out, Vet men and women.
Pros
They Give room for creativity and Growth
Cons
So Management team need Leadership training
Great Program Team
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2016
The Program staff is composed of ladies and men of different professional, economic, religious and ethnic backgrounds. The Team is very support of each other. Collaboration is Key
Exciting, challenging and satisfying
Territorial Sector Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2016
Safer was a nice professional place to work which fostered growth and development. I acquired solid skill sets while employed at Safer which catapulted me into more senior and professional roles.
Very fun work for the clients
Correctional Residence Counselor/ Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2016
Singing clients in and out of the work place. Making nightly report to reflect on client that singed in and out. Testing clients for drug and breathalyzer once they enter the building.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Lack of pay
It's a ok job, not an career.
Correctional Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2016
I didn't stay long you co-workers are very bitter. However, the management there is great! The residents will disrespect you if you allow them to.
Pros
They are contracted through IDOC.
Cons
The pay is not so great!
Was an average company to work for
Sector Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2016
The purpose of the company is great but it lacks greatly in the leadership department . Fair wages and good benefits though .
Productive work place.
Data Analyst/Researcher (Former Employee) –  571 W JacksonJanuary 9, 2016
• Supported Associate Vice President of Policy and Strategy
• Intense online research
• Heavy Data Entry
• Strong Excel
• Initiated communication with President’s, Vice President’s, CEO’s, Director of Human Resource of hospitals and healthcare clinics
Pros
Had the opportunity to help create partnerships for a special event.
Cons
There were none.
Bad Experience
Correctional Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2015
At this job, they only care about numbers and the money they make off of the inmates that are placed there. You are mandated to work overtime and still must come back six hours later for your regular shift. Upper management are children and love to try and disrespect everyone. Job was a joke. Inmates had better sense than management.
Pros
Money