SAFETY-KLEEN SYSTEMS, INC

SAFETY-KLEEN SYSTEMS, INC Employer Reviews

Learn something new everyday
Senior Branch Administrator (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 25, 2014
Pros: work with happy people, hour long lunch
Cons: healthcare switched to high deductable, duplication of work
I work 7a-5pm Monday through Friday and must be available for inventory no matter what day the first of the month falls. I've learned 3 Operating Systems and have multiple other admins across the country that contact me for system issues/help. My co-workers are like an extended family. Over-extending myself is the hardest part of my job. I'd rather – more... do tasks myself that someone else should be doing, so that I know they are done correctly and timely. Keeping the environment healthy, safe and continued knowledge is the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Excellent lawyers and support staff in the legal department
Paralegal (Current Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 30, 2013
Pros: learning/experience
Cons: lack of growth opportunity
Safety-Kleen offered great learning experience. I was able to work with several top notch in-house lawyers during my career.
Family Oriented
National Account Specialist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJune 20, 2013
Pros: family oriented
Hard to learn about waste management processes without a lot of training.
It is a good company to work for
Utility Representative (Former Employee), Independence, MOJune 4, 2013
I enjoyed working there. The superviser were there to help you when needed.
Developmental to the employee
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Sharonville, OhioApril 25, 2013
Room to develop based upon personal motivations. By the book company with interest in doing what's best for the customer.
Working at Safety-Kleen has been a wonderful experience....
Manifest Clerk I (Current Employee), Dolton, ILApril 10, 2013
Pros: i work 40 hrs a week with possible overtime
Cons: my company has been bought by clean harbors and have the risk of laying off many people
I have been working at Safety-Kleen for about 3 years now. I do the following in my typical day...
* Correcting manifests and bills of lading per Generator permission * Reconciling unloading discrepancies i.e. missing drums, extra drums * Supplying customers with copies of manifests per their request * Creating weekly schedules for solvent drivers and – more... in the TMS system for distribution to corporate and production * Handling driver’s paperwork for shipping and receiving * Creating manifests and labels for outbound shipments and entering load into CH website * Handling paperwork for Canadian shipments * Covering the traffic office independently when needed * Data entry, mailing and scanning – less
Productive, this job ever!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Canton, MAMarch 30, 2013
This company is a great company to work for. the staff and Managers are excellent and caring. Was very busy but towards the end wasn't much work, so no job security. They closed all their Massachusetts office. I loved my job but most of all I loved the people that I worked with.
Safety-Kleen
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: laying off staff after acquistion
I really enjoyed working for this company, but it was acquired by Clean Harbors in December and now the layoffs have begun. My department was one of the first to go. The morale is extremely low right now and the Safety-Kleen family is suffering because of it.
Safety-Kleen
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: laying off staff after acquistion
E-Learning Specialist
E-Learning Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: plenty of support from management, resources upon request
Cons: work became repetitive, lms which was supposed to have been installed by it when i was hired still uninstalled when i left
Full-time Employee as an E-Learning Specialist. This role involved the creation of the online learning templates and creation of numerous training courses (17+).
Nice Work Place
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), medley, floridaOctober 15, 2012
Pros: nice and quiet environment
Cons: end of the month closing....stay too late
Nice place to work at. Most of the day you are alone in the office because most of the staff are on the road working. Gives you plenty of time to work on your daily job.
very fast paced environment
Area General Manager (Former Employee), USASeptember 14, 2012
Pros: compensations at some levels
Cons: job security
Things change quickly and big busines profitability comes into play.
A good company - especially when the right people are (were) in management.
Branch Secretary (Former Employee), South Plainfield, NJApril 7, 2012
Pros: the guys in the office were extremely supportive.
I had a good amount of interaction with both customers over the phone and with some of my co-workers. The best part of the job was that I was almost always busy in my job - and the manager who 'hired' me (the 1st manager) was top notch. I cannot say that for the person who took his position when he left.

The worst part of the job - was that the 2nd – more... manager gave (undo and unfair) preferential treatment to one of the secretaries there - allowing this individual to 'vegetate' while I constantly worked. It was difficult to get all the work done alone. We all should have "pulled our OWN weight". The most enjoyable part was when I didn't have to see this person's face anymore, as they were a very hateful and miserable individual on top of everything else.. – less