SAFETY-KLEEN SYSTEMS, INC Employee Reviews in United States

this was once a great company
Market Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood.COSeptember 21, 2015
This was once a great company to work for until it was acquired by Clean Harbors
The sales position has constantly changing pay & metrics to hit while resources & tools to hit them are taken away
the managers that were carried over from Safety-Kleen do not keep up with the changes that have been implemented over 2 years ago & are pretty much no help to new employees as they are not trained properly themselves to clean harbors ways
Pros
Compensation
Cons
managers, benefits, support
Casual workplace
Analyst/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 20, 2015
Typically checked inventory at the distribution level and branch levels and moved around if needed. I had a good boss and working relationship with him.
Pros
Good people
A job is a job i guess
Branch Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 30, 2015
A nice place to work before they were bought out. Now the company is redundant and very stressful. The pay is not that GOOD especially if you started as a temp and they still pay you like a temp.
benefits
Cons
chaos
A fine company to work for, a lot of great people.
Government Account Support (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 16, 2015
There is a good atmosphere here that comes from knowing our business and giving the customers the best service possible in our industry.
My dream job
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 4, 2015
Safety Kleen was, to put it simply, my dream job. A typical day was spent helping branch secretaries and managers or traveling. The thousands of co-workers were like any other company and ran the gamete of strictly business to the type they enjoyed life no matter where they were. I would still be with the company but was laid off due to taking care of a sick and dying mother. I could no longer travel and they needed someone who could. I miss the job because it was a constant challenge. I hope to find this again some day.
Pros
travel
Enjoyable place of employment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working here and communicating with clients on a daily basis. Reliable & respectable management. System changeover in 2013 caused some bumps in the road.
Challenging and Effective
Government Contractor/CSR (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 11, 2014
We were truly very busy. We worked hard for the company on a daily basis. We worked independently and collectively. I learned about how the company recycle oil and anti-freeze. The management team was great. The hardest for me was the job went into bankruptcy. I enjoyed coming to work everyday. They allowed you get overtime as needed. I also enjoyed the company parties to appreciate everyone's hard work and commitment.
Learn something new everyday
Senior Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 25, 2014
I work 7a-5pm Monday through Friday and must be available for inventory no matter what day the first of the month falls. I've learned 3 Operating Systems and have multiple other admins across the country that contact me for system issues/help. My co-workers are like an extended family. Over-extending myself is the hardest part of my job. I'd rather do tasks myself that someone else should be doing, so that I know they are done correctly and timely. Keeping the environment healthy, safe and continued knowledge is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
work with happy people, hour long lunch
Cons
healthcare switched to high deductable, duplication of work
Excellent lawyers and support staff in the legal department
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 30, 2013
Safety-Kleen offered great learning experience. I was able to work with several top notch in-house lawyers during my career.
Pros
learning/experience
Cons
lack of growth opportunity
Family Oriented
National Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 20, 2013
Hard to learn about waste management processes without a lot of training.
Pros
family oriented
It is a good company to work for
Utility Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 4, 2013
I enjoyed working there. The superviser were there to help you when needed.
Developmental to the employee
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OhioApril 25, 2013
Room to develop based upon personal motivations. By the book company with interest in doing what's best for the customer.
Working at Safety-Kleen has been a wonderful experience....
Manifest Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Dolton, ILApril 10, 2013
I have been working at Safety-Kleen for about 3 years now. I do the following in my typical day...
* Correcting manifests and bills of lading per Generator permission * Reconciling unloading discrepancies i.e. missing drums, extra drums * Supplying customers with copies of manifests per their request * Creating weekly schedules for solvent drivers and in the TMS system for distribution to corporate and production * Handling driver’s paperwork for shipping and receiving * Creating manifests and labels for outbound shipments and entering load into CH website * Handling paperwork for Canadian shipments * Covering the traffic office independently when needed * Data entry, mailing and scanning
Pros
i work 40 hrs a week with possible overtime
Cons
my company has been bought by clean harbors and have the risk of laying off many people
Productive, this job ever!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAMarch 30, 2013
This company is a great company to work for. the staff and Managers are excellent and caring. Was very busy but towards the end wasn't much work, so no job security. They closed all their Massachusetts office. I loved my job but most of all I loved the people that I worked with.
Safety-Kleen
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 18, 2013
I really enjoyed working for this company, but it was acquired by Clean Harbors in December and now the layoffs have begun. My department was one of the first to go. The morale is extremely low right now and the Safety-Kleen family is suffering because of it.
benefits
Cons
laying off staff after acquistion
E-Learning Specialist
E-Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 5, 2013
Full-time Employee as an E-Learning Specialist. This role involved the creation of the online learning templates and creation of numerous training courses (17+).
Pros
plenty of support from management, resources upon request
Cons
work became repetitive, lms which was supposed to have been installed by it when i was hired still uninstalled when i left
Nice Work Place
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  medley, floridaOctober 15, 2012
Nice place to work at. Most of the day you are alone in the office because most of the staff are on the road working. Gives you plenty of time to work on your daily job.
Pros
nice and quiet environment
Cons
end of the month closing....stay too late
very fast paced environment
Area General Manager (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 14, 2012
Things change quickly and big busines profitability comes into play.
Pros
compensations at some levels
Cons
job security
A good company - especially when the right people are (were) in management.
Branch Secretary (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJApril 7, 2012
I had a good amount of interaction with both customers over the phone and with some of my co-workers. The best part of the job was that I was almost always busy in my job - and the manager who 'hired' me (the 1st manager) was top notch. I cannot say that for the person who took his position when he left.

The worst part of the job - was that the 2nd manager gave (undo and unfair) preferential treatment to one of the secretaries there - allowing this individual to 'vegetate' while I constantly worked. It was difficult to get all the work done alone. We all should have "pulled our OWN weight". The most enjoyable part was when I didn't have to see this person's face anymore, as they were a very hateful and miserable individual on top of everything else..
Pros
the guys in the office were extremely supportive.