Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

Worthwhile experience
Branch Administrator (Current Employee), North Amityville, NYAugust 20, 2015
Although this is not the field I want to work in, I learned a lot from my time here. Aside from office experience, you get a strong understanding of chemical and environmental procedures/standards.
Promised advancement,given the runaround just to keep me a laborer
Material Handler (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Nice coworkers
Cons: Management not leveling with me.
Hard work which is ok,learned a lot about hazardous chemicals,and cleanup of those chemicals.Management was not telling me what they really meant(poor communication).The coworkers were very nice and encouraging.Hardest part was shoveling sludge out of a pit. the most enjoyable part of the day was punching out.
Collector II
Corporate Collection (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 29, 2015
I work on Large Account collecting the past due amount on the account. Also mail invoice to the Companies that need them.Monitor daily and weekly accounts
Too much bad to list
Temp to Hire Warehouse (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Pay is decent
Cons: Everything
If written to many higher-ups and none of them seem to want to correct the problems in Fresno. They stick together and blame the hardest workers in the company. Revenue driven, they don't care about your problems.
fun work place
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), tampa,flJuly 5, 2015
Pros: working various job duties
Cons: limited to being able to reward merit to employees
I grew into a new environment where I was able to absorb
and experience new skills and talents in the chemical industry.
Along my tour I obtained certification as a Lead Material Handler.
Overall great company to work for
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Irving, TexasJune 29, 2015
Start at 0700. Monday Meeting

Clear e-mails,

Check all Hot tools,

Dispatch Service Reps,

Review Maintenance on Vehicles.

Reschedule Service rep,

Customer Service

Paperwork, Schedule for next day.
High turnover business
Branch Manager / Industrial Sales Manager (Former Employee), Blaine, MNJune 18, 2015
Low margin business meant low income. No company help with technology and expenses for travel. Management has high turnover as well
Amazing place to work before buyout.
Environmental sales Specialist (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 17, 2015
I used to love my Job at Safety-Kleen before it was acquired by Clean Harbors. Clean Harbors was still in the stone ages when they switched us over to their system, in both proper ways of managing environmental waste for their customers and also their profiling system. It turned a simple streamlined process that would take a few hours to complete into each task taking 2-4 weeks to finally complete – more... through their archaic system.
We lost alot of customers due to Clean Harbors inability to fill their needs in a timely manner and any large customers we did win were taken from the Safety-Kleen sales staff and given to a Clean Harbors rep to handle instead. I know acquisitions are rough in all cases for both sides however it made going to work a nightmare and no longer something I was able to enjoy. – less
Fast paced environment
Admin (Current Employee), Romulus, MIJune 11, 2015
Pros: overtime, seniority, my customers relationships
Cons: healthcare, management, atmospere
Fast paced environment. I run an office that is supposed to have 3 admin but we have lost 2 recently. I am overworked and understaffed. We have new management that wants more and more out of you when there is no more to give. I have been working 5 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday and some Saturdays. I do data entry, customer service, purchasing, timekeeping, accounts receivable, accounts payable, help the sales reps with misc issues, print paperwork for 8 reps for our customers for environmental waste pick ups. I absolutely love what I do. I just do not like the atmosphere it has become and the new management.
Great Company
Great working conditions
Aggressive micromanaging
I would not work here
Account Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 1, 2015
Pros: Get to get ouf of the office
Cons: everything else
Commission is capped, nano management, complete mess.

Our management and co workers are great but the system thats in place drives everyone crazy and makes everyone hate their job. I heard from everyone that this company used to be great, until Clean Harbors purchased them.

Run
A very good place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Marlboro, MAMay 5, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Good benefits
This was a very good place to work and a typical day was9 to 10 hours per day. This started out as part time until I found another job.
They had good management, the most enjoyable part was I got to enjoy it and they moved me up here.
life changer
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: MANAGERS..
it was a good place to work at first. Too many changes after caused bitterness at the work place.but it was a great experience.
OSSR
Oil Servive and Sales Rep (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: being able to do things my way
Cons: didn't matter what you did everyone got same pay increase
My day would start with getting there early to check out truck drive two hours at least to first stop. Pick up used oil and antifreeze for existing accounts drive back to off load truck and work about 60 plus hours every week
Fun Place to work.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 2, 2015
Awesome group of people to work with. They are nice never a dull moment when you are at the work place. The work duties are easy and there are always room to move up within the company.
Great Company
Lead Material Handler (Current Employee), waukesha, wiMarch 26, 2015
great team and management. great competitive pay and benefits. good company to work for has been around and will be around.
OKAY PLACE TO WORK
Oil Sales and Service (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COMarch 10, 2015
Okay place to work, pay was an issue. Pay was far to low for the work load and for a CDL driver with a haz-mat and tanker endorsement.
Enjoyable Position in Sale and Operations Management
(SK) - General Operations Manager (Former Employee), Cloquet MNMarch 9, 2015
Was responsible for the location's accounts, sales team, administrative employees and all drivers. P&L, balancing a budget, fleet operations, compliance for hazardous waste industry, training and overall operations. I learned how to handle customers in a positive manner, management style dealing with employees. The management team was extremely intelligent and was continuously supportive. Co workers were hard working, confident and willing to learn. The most challenging part of the position was collecting money from customers. Enjoyable part of the job was the ever changing environment, as every day was unique with opportunities.
Family orientated, informative, alot of work to do.
Representative (Former Employee), N Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good place to work.
Cons: the abrupt changes... pay structure, work, moral, and fulfilment.
Safety-Kleen when it was just safety-kleen was a great place to work. You had the freedom of making alot of income based on your work ethics and your desire.

In 2010 it was purchased by Clean Harbors and everything has changed. The desire is gone and the family atmoshere is gone, the fun is gone!
Ok But hazardous a
Safety Kleen, Route, Sales (Former Employee), Port CharlotteFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: managers take sales leads from route drivers for their own gain
Benefits are fine . Trucks are old drivers are overloaded. Trucks are double stacked. The route drivers are seriously overloaded. They offer good training.
Headquarters