Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

find somewhere else to work
Safety Kleen - Account Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 5, 2017
i was there for three years. it could have just been the branch i worked at so look at other peoples reviews before concluding. if you want to be over worked, under paid considerably dis-respected, lied to (especially during the interview process). have your compensation pay change 5 times in two years for the worse. and demoralizing work atmosphere and a one size fits all payment plan then this is the job for you. the only benefit i had there was that my paycheck never bounced and they had good benefits. still not worth the stress and misery i felt for three years.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
everything else.
would never recomend this place to anyone
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 20, 2016
Service manager is unother always comes in smelling like beer do to alcholism doesnt pay any attention to reason or detail should of been out this program a long time ago bad managment not a perfessional work place boss messes with women within if you know what i mean not a good culture there only based off personal not porfessional oppinions who hired these wackos
Pros
place sucks
Cons
place sucks
Learned a lot about Management and Team Work
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 10, 2016
Working for this company was enjoyable and taught me how to manage a team as well as sales. The bond that coworkers had still continue to this day. One of my favorite jobs I have had.
A good place to work.
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50313November 18, 2016
A typical day at Safety-Kleen is started with a focus on safety followed by a productive work day repleet with customer interaction, upsell and cold sale opportunities, and ample incentive earnings for typical tasks. I have learned more about safety while at Safety-Kleen, and have greatly honed my senses concerning safety. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to manage your own route everyday.
Pros
Autonomy, Customer interaction, positive environmental impact
Cons
Long days
Poor management and poor communication
Driver (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 31, 2016
Your expected to do more for less
No 401k match
No merit raises
Poor communication and poor management
No training they expect you to learn as you go
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management, communication, benefits
Energetic and challenging culture.
Director Information Technolog (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 26, 2016
We accomplished much during my time here. Made some dear friends for life. We shared victories and challenges alike. We transformed IT service delivery here and changed some major paradigms - we killed off a mainframe and delivered SOA!
very busy, but a great bunch of people to work with.
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mason, MISeptember 25, 2016
physically demanding and busy. Company is a great place to work and I have enjoyed my time here. the hardest part of this job is moving 500 lbs plus 55 gallon drums in the winter. the most enjoyable part is the copanionship with my co workers.
Pros
great pay
Cons
healthcare too expensive.
Transition acquired by Clean Harbors
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 24, 2016
Headquarters in Boston, MA software transition. completed contract
assignment. Team meetings monthly. Strong communication within the company research to make plan for the Business Client portfolio.
Main focus to collect on accounts. EDI accounts and credit card processing and verify Purchase Orders, invoice correction, pricing errors, Sales, Billing, Credit department (verify hold accounts)
work close with SR. Lead on large accounts past 2013 etc.as well as
escalation accounts.
Pros
Lunch provided monthly team meetings and Fridays free breakfast.
Cons
contact AR will move to Boston, MA
Steady job
Terminal Operator (Current Employee) –  Catoosa, OKSeptember 19, 2016
My years at this company has given me alot of experience in the field of liquid bulk transfer and storage. I have become experienced with tank farms, tanker trucks, railcars, and barges. I have acquired years of OSHA training and hazwoper training as well.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
No competitive pay, no advancement opportunities, workplace complacency
stable employment
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVSeptember 14, 2016
friendly co-workers, equal work and down time, faster pace in the afternoon hours. ample home time with family. plenty of safety training, plenty of overtime when wanted.
Friendly people
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 21, 2016
overall good place to work!
busy place to work
management
employees
Human Resources
Customer Service
Retail
Administrative
great company
Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 18, 2016
Rode a box truck picking up Hazmat Materials and recycling parts washer vassal. Enjoyed working closely with customers on my route, which was within a 100 mile radius.
Pros
woriking closely with customers
Cons
was laid off.
Excellent
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Saukville, WIJuly 14, 2016
Working as transportation manager for Safety-Kleen was a very rewarding job. I traveled to government bases, and work with government staff regarding the safe transportation of hazardous materials. This is where I received my HAZ-MAT training.
Great company bad managemet
Vssr (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 13, 2016
the company as a whole is great the Manager at the branch level, not so much. no accountability for some and blamed is pushed around like a broom. few solutions are offered.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no real chin of command, long hours
Busy fast paced.
Branch Mgr / Branch Op Management Team / Ex. Asst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 25, 2016
Challenging. Worked with upper management covering 164 Branches. Forecast numbers. traveled to branches to oversee operations. Followed all State and Federal Guidelines and trained.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
forever changing
Large company transition stage
National Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 20, 2016
Reply to emails and messages. 2 days of the week update report work books and credits. Full cycle collections. learned company meeting were high to resolve the accounts. Great people to work with and team environment. Can be difficult to touch some accounts of eight thousand accounts portfolio. Everyone worked together to make the end of month close and other accounts as needed.
Pros
Bonus and discounts etc......
Cons
Contract Completed
hard to be a female employee
Senior Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 15, 2016
Typical office job, answering phones/emails, paperwork. Very male-dominated company. Very little employee recognition/appreciation.
Great learning experience in environmental services
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 9, 2016
Great learning experience in environmental services. Very good training and safety program. Met many good contacts in the environmental community.
OK job
Sales (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 6, 2016
Difficult job depending on assigned territory. Nice benefits package. Limited advancement opportunity. Lack of support from management depending on position.
Br. Mgr. / Br. Op. Management Team / Ex. Asst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 2, 2016
Company was bought out. I loved this job. Learned so much! Kept me challenging my mind. Stayed very busy compiling reports nd budgets for upper management
Pros
excellent benifits. Home office.
Cons
Company was bought out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safety-Kleen. Our community is ready to answer.