Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

Rapid, maybe too rapid
cog in the machine (Current Employee) –  Fallon, NVJanuary 16, 2018
SK is expanding rapidly with oil refineries. They aren't taking the time to build up and stabilize the sites they purchase before moving on. It might seem under-staffed, but the work will keep you busy.
Good Company, great managers
OIL SALES AND ROUTE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CO 80110January 7, 2018
Really like the company and managers but the job is 75 miles from my home which is really difficult. If I lived closer this job would be absolutely wonderful. Even with the drive it is still one of the best companies I have worked for.
Pros
great managers and you are working on your own
Cons
long hours and traffic driving
Steady and reliable.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX 75061January 4, 2018
Co-workers are awesome and very interactive. Extremely fast paced in my position and could use more training from time to time but I get through. I can always count on 40 work hours per week, overtime is hit or miss.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
weekend inspections
bad working conditions
trianer (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 4, 2018
very poor working conditions
management was very unprofessional
great training when you first start with company
back at the branch the manager was only worried about money
Pros
excellent training great benefits
Cons
poor managers
You'll work your butt off
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New Kingstown, PADecember 30, 2017
Typical corporate america type of place. Clean Harbors owns SK and made it very difficult at times to get your job done. You work a lot of hours. Most all positions have commission or bonuses.
getter dunn run with the big boys all about hitting the numbers
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 24, 2017
long territory some days 4hr drive to get to first stop. Most of the time had to run with 2 time logs. stressful. The pay plan would change sometimes right in the middle of the day. management was just as crazy..sometimes you crack your nut early in the day and then time to just chill. 3 overnighters a week its a young mans game.

Presidents council was the bomb...
Pros
Pay plans when you find the cheese..better with chedda
Cons
no breaks.old broken down fleet..
Safety-Kleen
Worker (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 22, 2017
Great company to work for with excellent benefits. Everyone was very supportive and friendly. Plenty of opportunity for career growth. Seemed like a good company.
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 17, 2017
A good place to work. Enjoyed the job and got along well the staff. Benefits were average and the workload was manageable. Do not have any negative comments.
job always on the line
Manager (Current Employee) –  ksDecember 7, 2017
politics and ego from upper management bring company down. they demand more than what a human can possibly do so they do not have to pay out commissions
Lack of direction and support
Director of Vertical Marketing (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 6, 2017
Chairman is too deep into daily projects. He wants to do much more with less. Weak management. Chairman has "ideas" but doesn't want to commitment the resources needed to support his ideas. Unrealistic expectations.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
no raises, no 401k match
Relaxed but professional atmosphere.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHDecember 4, 2017
A typical day included processing paperwork through the computer system. Adding to and editing customer accounts in the computer system. Answering customer calls. Prepping services in the computer system and paperwork for service technicians. Emailing customers. Performing collection on customers who's accounts are delinquent. Printing, faxing, typing and scanning necessary documents. Filing of customer accounts.
Pros
M-F job with full-time hours. Good benefits and pay rate.
Cons
Only one 30 minute break a day.
Fast paced, high stress
Marketing Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INNovember 19, 2017
Developed new corporate accounts by prospecting on phone and cold calls. Managed existing accounts by assessing their needs through meetings and quarterly business reviews.

Learned how to put a business plan together.

Workplace was a team atmosphere had to work with other departments in order to be successful.

Learning the proper way for companies to be sustainable with their waste materials.
Pros
Able to bring waste from home to dispose of it at work. Example (Old paint)
Cons
maxing out on commission on a monthly basis.
na
Branch Industrial Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 16, 2017
Monitors safety and health regulations and provides technical support to plant and corporate personnel to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and...
People on shop floor are great management not so much
Operator/Blender at Safety Kleen blend plant (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INNovember 14, 2017
Racial tension makes up the bulk of the cons here. The good old boy rules over here . Nepotism is what rules this place , If your not related to someone here you better be Caucasian and not have an opinion about anything . Once you speak up you developed a target on your back .
Pros
Close to home
Cons
A great place to gain experience
Central Route Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 8, 2017
A typical day is spent at your desk, working reports, ensuring orders are scheduled when due and routed in such a way as to maximize efficiency. People are nice but the overall culture of the company seems to lack enthusiasm. No 401K match and whispers of a company that doesn't give raises lowers moral over time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Repetitive nature of job. Rely on overtime for a decent wage.
Stessed Atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 2, 2017
Probably the worst company I've ever worked for to date.
The company was goig through financial hard times and the resources were just not there to do my job effectively.
Pros
Nice people on my team
Cons
Corporate had no clue what was going on in the field
excellent work involvement
Vacuum Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 1, 2017
I have no major comment on this company. The work environment was great got alone with almost every one except one person with was a very anoint, which he thought he knew everything and he didn't .
Safety Kleen
Branch Lead Secretary (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IA 52806October 29, 2017
I loved working there but I had to quit due to my husbands illness. I work there for quite a while. I was able to go to doctors appointments. and we got sick days and vacation days
Pros
loved my co workers
Cons
n/a

Comment – November 10, 2017

I wish I could go back to work there again. I liked working with most of the employee's there. I was glad to hear that a couple employees left there that needed to go along time ago.

Great job for someone in college or fresh out of school
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 26, 2017
Fast paced when there are samples but a lot of down time once your work is complete. Samples come once a day. Work starts at 8am and samples usually don't get delivered until 9:30 so you have time to prep for the day and eat breakfast/drink coffee. You are expected to work promptly and multi-task. Overall easy work.
Pros
Nice people, laid back, doors are always locked for safety
Cons
Healthcare, too much down time, location in bad part of town, 401K not matched by company
This is a great company to work for and would consider working for them permanently
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 19, 2017
The company is going through a lot of transitioning to do to clean Harbor over taking the company bought out so there's a lot of cleanup as far as past years of Collections and Revenue. Overall it's a great company company is going through transformation as far as clean up and past history of unpaid invoices. The company has a lot of Temps at Headquarters as well as the Richardson location.
Pros
Team meetings
Cons
Missed break at my discretion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safety-Kleen. Our community is ready to answer.