Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

Poor management and poor communication
Driver (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 31, 2016
Your expected to do more for less
No 401k match
No merit raises
Poor communication and poor management
No training they expect you to learn as you go
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management, communication, benefits
find somewhere else to work
Safety Kleen - Account Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 5, 2017
i was there for three years. it could have just been the branch i worked at so look at other peoples reviews before concluding. if you want to be over worked, under paid considerably dis-respected, lied to (especially during the interview process). have your compensation pay change 5 times in two years for the worse. and demoralizing work atmosphere and a one size fits all payment plan then this is the job for you. the only benefit i had there was that my paycheck never bounced and they had good benefits. still not worth the stress and misery i felt for three years.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
everything else.
Steady job
Terminal Operator (Current Employee) –  Catoosa, OKSeptember 19, 2016
My years at this company has given me alot of experience in the field of liquid bulk transfer and storage. I have become experienced with tank farms, tanker trucks, railcars, and barges. I have acquired years of OSHA training and hazwoper training as well.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
No competitive pay, no advancement opportunities, workplace complacency
Family and Team enviroment
Lead Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 10, 2017
The people who worked at Chrysler where sons and daughters of previous employees there, a really close knit group, thats what made it fun, kinda like a competition to do better then are predcessors. The hardest part of the job was just showing up, we would all work together on getting what ever assignements needed to get done for the day, learned the value of hard work,teamwork and attention to detail.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hot enviroment in the summer
would never recomend this place to anyone
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 20, 2016
Service manager is unother always comes in smelling like beer do to alcholism doesnt pay any attention to reason or detail should of been out this program a long time ago bad managment not a perfessional work place boss messes with women within if you know what i mean not a good culture there only based off personal not porfessional oppinions who hired these wackos
Pros
place sucks
Cons
place sucks
OK job
Sales (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 6, 2016
Difficult job depending on assigned territory. Nice benefits package. Limited advancement opportunity. Lack of support from management depending on position.
Review
Director Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Most enjoyable - turning around a financially distressed company and positioning it to be sold to Clean Harbors.

Hardest Part - fluctuations in energy markets driving large swings on ebitda

Management - excellent
A good place to work.
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50313November 18, 2016
A typical day at Safety-Kleen is started with a focus on safety followed by a productive work day repleet with customer interaction, upsell and cold sale opportunities, and ample incentive earnings for typical tasks. I have learned more about safety while at Safety-Kleen, and have greatly honed my senses concerning safety. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to manage your own route everyday.
Pros
Autonomy, Customer interaction, positive environmental impact
Cons
Long days
Br. Mgr. / Br. Op. Management Team / Ex. Asst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 2, 2016
Company was bought out. I loved this job. Learned so much! Kept me challenging my mind. Stayed very busy compiling reports nd budgets for upper management
Pros
excellent benifits. Home office.
Cons
Company was bought out.
Transition acquired by Clean Harbors
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 24, 2016
Headquarters in Boston, MA software transition. completed contract
assignment. Team meetings monthly. Strong communication within the company research to make plan for the Business Client portfolio.
Main focus to collect on accounts. EDI accounts and credit card processing and verify Purchase Orders, invoice correction, pricing errors, Sales, Billing, Credit department (verify hold accounts)
work close with SR. Lead on large accounts past 2013 etc.as well as
escalation accounts.
Pros
Lunch provided monthly team meetings and Fridays free breakfast.
Cons
contact AR will move to Boston, MA
Good place
Operator (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INApril 28, 2016
Overall good company to start at and make a stable living from. There are opportunities for advancement if they like you
Pros
Vacations
Friendly people
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 21, 2016
overall good place to work!
busy place to work
Administrative
great company
Decent place
Branch General Manager (Former Employee) –  MultipleApril 30, 2016
This is a decent place to work, but some of the upper levels of management are part of the "good ole boys" network and that leads to stagnation and limited advancement.
Fun Place to work
Regional Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 12, 2016
Great people even with the changes associated with the merger with Clean Harbors. Great facility and flexible work environment. Local management team is engaged and cares about the employees.
Pros
Flexible Work Environment
Cons
L:imited advancement opportunities in Richardson
Learned a lot about Management and Team Work
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 10, 2016
Working for this company was enjoyable and taught me how to manage a team as well as sales. The bond that coworkers had still continue to this day. One of my favorite jobs I have had.
Great company bad managemet
Vssr (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 13, 2016
the company as a whole is great the Manager at the branch level, not so much. no accountability for some and blamed is pushed around like a broom. few solutions are offered.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no real chin of command, long hours
very busy, but a great bunch of people to work with.
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mason, MISeptember 25, 2016
physically demanding and busy. Company is a great place to work and I have enjoyed my time here. the hardest part of this job is moving 500 lbs plus 55 gallon drums in the winter. the most enjoyable part is the copanionship with my co workers.
Pros
great pay
Cons
healthcare too expensive.
Demanding sales revenue growth, but handcuffing you to the computer
Sales Specialist, National Account Manager, (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK and USMay 9, 2016
Difficult to work under "micro" manangement...
Management wants growth of revenue and "requires" a certain number of calls a day, yet FAIL to look at the "quality" of the calls or the "actual" growth obtained.

Simply put, management reflects on the wrong focus to obtain required growth and is not willing to reflect on their management practices.
Busy fast paced.
Branch Mgr / Branch Op Management Team / Ex. Asst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 25, 2016
Challenging. Worked with upper management covering 164 Branches. Forecast numbers. traveled to branches to oversee operations. Followed all State and Federal Guidelines and trained.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
forever changing
Energetic and challenging culture.
Director Information Technolog (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 26, 2016
We accomplished much during my time here. Made some dear friends for life. We shared victories and challenges alike. We transformed IT service delivery here and changed some major paradigms - we killed off a mainframe and delivered SOA!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safety-Kleen. Our community is ready to answer.