Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Place to work
Regional Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 12, 2016
Great people even with the changes associated with the merger with Clean Harbors. Great facility and flexible work environment. Local management team is engaged and cares about the employees.
Pros
Flexible Work Environment
Cons
L:imited advancement opportunities in Richardson
Great Job. Unfortaunatly to many changes.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 7, 2016
I do truely like the job that I am asked to perform. They just keep changing the compansation plan. I will not be able to make the same amount of money that I made last year. The Managers ask for feedback and upper management continues down the path that they have choosen.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Healthcare, Compensation Changes, Changes are not communicated clearly to sales
hard work
Route Sales Service Driver (Current Employee) –  Marlboro, MAMarch 24, 2016
long hours little compensation doesnt leave much for family life . Day starts around 5am ends when job is done not allowed to come back until you sell something
job summery
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 25, 2016
This is the best job I have ever had I was there for 9 years. I had ex coworkers convince me to leave and go to a competitor what a huge mistake i'll never a low my self to make that mistake again.
This started out as a route sales job before being promoted in to a full time sales position.We sold environmental services and products. I had a seven county territory I traveled.I was on commission with small salary the company was a world wide company. They spent a lot of money and time or sales training and customer service training.
Pros
great training
Cons
no longer there
just ok
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 15, 2015
I love our office the people are great. Upper management in another state is not open to suggestions from anyone and layed off several hundred people when they purchased the company but promoted others at the same time.
We have not had a raise in two years.

Our location is pretty relaxed and great people.
Pros
casual environment
Cons
pay raises none for some
Plenty of room for growth and advancement
Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMarch 9, 2016
Early mornings, late days
Physically demanding
Wonderful colleagues
Room for growth opportunity
Great commission potential
Pros
Great commission opportunities
Cons
Long hours of intense physical labor; not conducive to family life
challenging and productive
Account Manager, (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXFebruary 18, 2016
A typical office day starts at 7:00 am. working here was great, learned a lot on the job. Management was great at feedback. The hardest part was learning the compliance paper work involved. I enjoyed the relationships I built with all my customers and employees.
Large company transition stage
National Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 20, 2016
Reply to emails and messages. 2 days of the week update report work books and credits. Full cycle collections. learned company meeting were high to resolve the accounts. Great people to work with and team environment. Can be difficult to touch some accounts of eight thousand accounts portfolio. Everyone worked together to make the end of month close and other accounts as needed.
Pros
Bonus and discounts etc......
Cons
Contract Completed
Fun place to work
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Newark, CA 94560February 24, 2016
Safety-Kleen is a fun place to work for because there is a new assignment to work on everyday, which makes it fun and productive.
Pros
work outdoors
Cons
cutting on benefits for the employees
Demanding sales revenue growth, but handcuffing you to the computer
Sales Specialist, National Account Manager, (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK and USMay 9, 2016
Difficult to work under "micro" manangement...
Management wants growth of revenue and "requires" a certain number of calls a day, yet FAIL to look at the "quality" of the calls or the "actual" growth obtained.

Simply put, management reflects on the wrong focus to obtain required growth and is not willing to reflect on their management practices.
The oil price was down too much last year. The Safety-Kleen has to do some reduction to keep the company alive.
Sr. BI Developer in Enterprise Data Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 25, 2016
I like the management over the Safety-Kleen and people are friendly to work with. I have done so much projects without supervision.
Safety-Kleen
ISCC Insides Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXOctober 1, 2015
Great work environment to bad the division was closed down in a year and we were all laid off. Training and management was great objectives were laid out and benefits were good.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Closed the division down in a year.
Great Company
Branch Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MODecember 15, 2015
Safety Kleen has taught me a lot about what I want out of life. I have gained a new knowledge about the safety of our environment. Safety Kleen is the reason that I decided to go back to school to pursue a degree in Environmental Safety.
Pros
Great atmosphere, always encouraged to better myself
Cons
Lack of advancements
Driver
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Amityville, NYApril 25, 2016
Managed weekly commercial accounts, completed daily scheduled equipment maintenance
collected leads from existing customers for new products and services
Negotiated and established new business contracts; Sold additional products and services to existing customers
Handled all major paperwork relating to waste disposal and safety regulation
Challenging
Branch/ Sales Secretary (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCApril 27, 2016
Very busy call volume and work volume. Great customers and co workers. A really fun place to work and challenging. Small branch that I worked for so the advancement opportunities were hard to come by
Pros
busy work to make the day go by quickly
Cons
A lot of paperwork and equipment issues
Busy fast paced.
Branch Mgr / Branch Op Management Team / Ex. Asst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 25, 2016
Challenging. Worked with upper management covering 164 Branches. Forecast numbers. traveled to branches to oversee operations. Followed all State and Federal Guidelines and trained.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
forever changing
diffrente expirience workforce in Safety-Kleen
Market Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 26, 2016
Work on bringing new clients, up sale, manage current client list.
Learned the complex industry of environmental services, management was great and co-workers alike.
Overcome obstacles, and enjoy every moment.
Since Clean Harbor
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Since the company was purchased by Clean Harbor the work conditions have fallen. Took 3 yeas until anyone received an increase in pay. They use an antiquated computer system that does not meet Safety-Kleen needs. Their expectations are not conducive to productivity. They are constantly laying off valued personnel so they can buy new companies.
Pros
The commarodity of the employees
Cons
Clean Harbor
Br. Mgr. / Br. Op. Management Team / Ex. Asst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 2, 2016
Company was bought out. I loved this job. Learned so much! Kept me challenging my mind. Stayed very busy compiling reports nd budgets for upper management
Pros
excellent benifits. Home office.
Cons
Company was bought out.
Great company bad managemet
Vssr (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 13, 2016
the company as a whole is great the Manager at the branch level, not so much. no accountability for some and blamed is pushed around like a broom. few solutions are offered.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no real chin of command, long hours