Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

Excellent job to get into to learn about chemical disposal
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCAugust 18, 2017
Great job at times and very demanding. Seemed to have quotas on production. Processing the amount of used chemicals daily I felt would accumulate over time to be very hazardous and harmful to ones health.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hazardous conditions
SK has been killed by Clean Harbors
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 18, 2017
use to be a great company and you felt like a person that mattered. all of that has changed since Clean Harbor bought SK. Now you are just a number with unrealistic goals and expectations. Removing 401k while still aquirring companies is one example of how little it values its employees.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no 401k
t needs better management
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAAugust 16, 2017
It was a hostile work environment with poor management. There was prejudice in the workplace and nothing was done. I learned its always seniority over everything.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
prejudice in the workplace
A good learning experience.
Lead Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, PAAugust 10, 2017
I learned a lot about the Environmental Field but there is very little chance for advancement for female employees.

A team atmosphere was present in the Branches.
Pros
Constant training
Cons
Male oriented company
Fun place to work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAAugust 9, 2017
Working at safety Kleen is a great experience being a part of such a safety and team oriented work place has been and continues to be a blessing. It makes me proud to work for one of the leaders in the recycled oil business.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No 401k match
S-K was a people mill
Market Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 26, 2017
Had emerged form bankruptcy and had 160 +/- branches nationwide. I was an experiment to see if the territory could support a fourth MSS, and it barley did.

Made some successful inroads while there; saw the development and sales of aqueous parts washing machines, the development of newer solvents with higher flash points (non-hazardous waste).

National concern but would not work there again under any circumstances.
Pros
Assets & equipment
Cons
People mill
not truthful
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 20, 2017
not one of the great places to work everyone that works there are insecure about their position. All of the managers are on a buddy system instead of talent so they are very insecure about their ability and who they are. If you are looking for growth and opportunity definitely not the place for you to grow.
Great work environment.
CHEMIST (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVJuly 19, 2017
Plenty of room for advancement within the company. Great people and nice atmosphere. Steady work schedule and lots of overtime if wanted. Management is caring to your needs and home life, they try to work with your schedule. I would definitely work there again.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Fallon location in the middle of nowhere, little housing
Stressful, Unfairly demanding, poor management, poor work/life balance
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 14, 2017
I was with Safety-Kleen for approximately 2 years and experienced very poor management practices, extremely high turnover due to employees being treated poorly as well as being expected to do way too much...including other peoples jobs. a lot of back stabbing going on and management by intimidation. The pay is definitley not fair compared to the amount of hours you're expected to work. Wouldn't recommend to a friend or anyone for that matter. I certainly will never go back.
Cons
No breaks, Long hours, Unfair pay and compensation
Very nice company to work for.
Administrative Assistant duties (Former Employee) –  Garden City, GAJuly 4, 2017
As a new member of the team you are given plenty of training and encouragement to do your best. You have a list of team members that you are able to contact if you run into any knowledge or business issues. The management values every employee and strives to make the company a friendly productive place of business. You become more like a work family then just employees. You obtain a vast knowledge and many different skills.
Pros
Friendly work envoroment

Want to know more about Safety-Kleen?

Ask a question
Bravo Zulu
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corpus ChristiJune 26, 2017
Wonderful experience with this organization. This actually was a job that I look forward to going everyday. Wonder people. Compensation and benefits package was awesome.
Pros
Truly a wonderful organization to be a part of.
Cons
Honestly no issues.
Great crew to work with.
Sr. Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 13, 2017
This is a good company to work at. Only thing not good was when we were bought by clean harbors they dont give raises. Safety Kleen follows very good safety procedures. They have a very high rating across the US.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No pay raises
nice place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 9, 2017
nice place to work. training is extensive. pay is also reasonable. nice management and employees family oriented. over all a very nice and detail oriented compayny
Great Place , strong foundation, tough place to work,
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 8, 2017
excellent place , must be seasoned, or you will be stressed out, due to standard is high. Lot s of employees here longer than 9 year and so great place to move up and retire.
Typical warehouse job
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dolton, ILJune 7, 2017
You work around chemicals all day. The only safe way to work here is to wear a respirator any where you go. The summers are brutal with the heat and fumes of solvent around you. Not to mention the amount of random chemicals you have to dump into a drain pit to dispose of the material.
Pros
It pays alright
Cons
It's a chemical plant in the industrial world
Out of their element
New Business Development (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 5, 2017
The oil industry is beyond Safety Kleens comprehension.
Between the acquisitions and the new product ( oil) line, they are lost and ill managed.
Company bought out the competition then kept all the companies fighting over the business.
And in not demanding that the companies work together, the real oil companies and competition got stronger and kept the business in the territories.
Pros
Great company in the environmental world
Cons
Too much new without direction and expertise
Safety-Kleen
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 25, 2017
during my tenure at Safety-Kleen I enjoyed going to work everyday it was always a quick day because we were always busy. The only reason I am no longer employed there is because I moved out of town.
Pros
hours, work, management
Cons
none that i can think of
Corporate Office relocated
Lead-Corporate Collections (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 11, 2017
Corporate collections was very easy but quite fast paced with the deadlines of the reports. Management was not friendly or approachable. I had a good team under me.
Pros
Cons
Managment took stand 1 mistake and gone approach
Great
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 11, 2017
Awesome job. I wish I could've stayed longer. All the employees was super nice. They treated me with most up respect. Even though I was there for a short time.
Its good
Lead Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLApril 30, 2017
The company pays well if you work hard and the benefits have more than saved my life on a couple of occasions. I would recommend this job if your willing to work hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safety-Kleen. Our community is ready to answer.