Safety-Kleen

Safety-Kleen United States Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 2, 2015
Awesome group of people to work with. They are nice never a dull moment when you are at the work place. The work duties are easy and there are always room to move up within the company.
Great Company
Lead Material Handler (Current Employee), waukesha, wiMarch 26, 2015
great team and management. great competitive pay and benefits. good company to work for has been around and will be around.
OKAY PLACE TO WORK
Oil Sales and Service (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COMarch 10, 2015
Okay place to work, pay was an issue. Pay was far to low for the work load and for a CDL driver with a haz-mat and tanker endorsement.
Enjoyable Position in Sale and Operations Management
(SK) - General Operations Manager (Former Employee), Cloquet MNMarch 9, 2015
Was responsible for the location's accounts, sales team, administrative employees and all drivers. P&L, balancing a budget, fleet operations, compliance for hazardous waste industry, training and overall operations. I learned how to handle customers in a positive manner, management style dealing with employees. The management team was extremely intelligent and was continuously supportive. Co workers were hard working, confident and willing to learn. The most challenging part of the position was collecting money from customers. Enjoyable part of the job was the ever changing environment, as every day was unique with opportunities.
Family orientated, informative, alot of work to do.
Representative (Former Employee), N Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good place to work.
Cons: the abrupt changes... pay structure, work, moral, and fulfilment.
Safety-Kleen when it was just safety-kleen was a great place to work. You had the freedom of making alot of income based on your work ethics and your desire.

In 2010 it was purchased by Clean Harbors and everything has changed. The desire is gone and the family atmoshere is gone, the fun is gone!
Ok But hazardous a
Safety Kleen, Route, Sales (Former Employee), Port CharlotteFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: managers take sales leads from route drivers for their own gain
Benefits are fine . Trucks are old drivers are overloaded. Trucks are double stacked. The route drivers are seriously overloaded. They offer good training.
couldnt wait to leave.
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 3, 2015
first I was lied to,told I was hiring in as a service tech after coming back from training I was informed I would be filling in on a tanker truck for a injured driver.that lasted for eight months,the tanker driver was being paid 70k a year,they paid me $14.00 an hr.
after geting off the tanker truck I was sent to work in the warehouse filling 30 gal cans of cleaning fluid, out side in the middle of winter. when I asked about geting back to my service tech job they said it had been removed.Than a superviser got in my face an asked if there was a problem.

this is not a place you want to work,thats why they have to lie,they have a hard time geting people in and keeping them.
Re-refinery industry...interesting and exciting place of business
Railcar Administrator (Former Employee), East Chicago, INFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: healthcare and benefits
Cons: did not get breaks
Worked closely with a lot of different co-workers. Loved that part of the job. Started the day at 6:00 A.M. and worked daily until work was completed. The day was always an 8 hour day however, if any problems came up it could be a 12 hour day easily. I had wonderful attendance. Attended daily morning meetings and weekly Safety meetings. Worked on the computer on spreadsheets daily. Worked hard for Management.
Manifest Clerk II (Former Employee), Denton, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Very relaxed and easy going atmosphere. Good with balancing family and work. Enjoyed co-workers, which many became like family. Very long hours and weekend hours. Not much for room for advancement. The hardest part of the job was learning the different EPA Regulations and Guidelines
Losing a lot of customers and employees due to the customer last and revenue over riding priority.
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 28, 2014
Pros: coworkers were excellent.
Cons: safety-kleen not about their customers... their about themselves 1st.
Complete daily scheduled services, deliveries and pickups in a timely manner. Complete all required documentation. Produce manifest, profile LDR and all labels for all hazardous material. Load and segregate hazardous waste according to U.S. DOT rules and regulations. Sell additional products and services into existing accounts. Ensure customer service at time of service. Follow all local, state and federal compliance regulations and rules. Safely operate tractor in accordance with U.S. DOT local state and federal requirements. Observed company environmental health and safety operating guidelines.
Steady work at a productive company
Chemical Operator (Current Employee), Dolton, ILDecember 8, 2014
Pros: overtime, steady work, reliable work, good team members
Cons: no retirement, slow advancement, pay raises discontinued through out company
Safety Kleen recycles chemicals and solvents for outside companies. There is great team work during shift change and daily operations which makes for a good work day. Trying to handle multiple tasks due to company wide downsizing has become a very trying challenge.
Fast paced environment with many hardworking and dedicated professionals
Material Handler (Former Employee), MissouriOctober 5, 2014
Managed multiple hazardous waste facilities with full responsibility for all drivers and their trucks. Loaded and unloaded route trucks and semi trailers daily. Worked seven days a week including daily inspections of waste containment and warehouse inventory in compliance with federal law.
Lots of fun people to work with and everyone knows how to relax and have a good time outside of work.
Management was always there to support and help in any way they could. We all worked as a team and that's what I liked most about this company
Awesome place
VSSR and OSSR (Former Employee), Bismarck, NDSeptember 30, 2014
I relocated to a different office within the same region. First off.. I love driving and talking with customers.. Perfect dream job. During the time I was there the turnover for route sales was very high.. I drove lots of miles covering other regions.. Exhausting and covering my normal customers at the same time. I started my days at 4 or 5 am just so I could see my family.. The benefits are awesome and management for the most of the time really worked with the employee's.
Important Environment issues needed by society ; but, not emphasized by company
Senior Lab Technician (Former Employee), Denton, TXSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: the amount of gc time available, the amount of science time and not bureaucratic bs time.
Cons: when results did not match what corporate sales wanted
The responsibilities of being a lab tech for this company are in accordance with science and lab standards. The significant benefit at this particular lab was that Safety-Kleen spent the investment to acquire several gas chromatographic units and the work load was such that experience preparing samples and operating the GC's was daily. SK lab operated with a hybrid split shift so between supervisors and technicians 6 1/2 days a week 24 hours per day when manned; the lab was receiving sample materials, profiling these know standards or unknown wastes and/ or pre profiled wastes with several procedures and tests and generating reports for SK operations or customer requests. The co-workers were competent technicians and team-minded co-workers. Management seemed to be cursed with dreaded omniscient disorder.
Field Chemist
Field Chemist (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 22, 2014
All tasks were performed on-site. Analyze and identify chemicals. Determine safest route of disposal according to state and federal regulations. Determine proper packing and transportation of hazardous waste.
Decent place to work, hard to advance
Material Handler (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 18, 2014
Decent place to work, hard to advance. Hard to get an answer to some questions.
Very energetic workplace.
Senior CSR I (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: the ability to make bonuses.
Cons: lots of driving
A very fun place to work due to the fact you got to manage your sales/service route how you see fit.
Vendor Procurment Dept
Vendor Procurement Admin (Current Employee), Norwell, MAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: forced to take 1 hour lunch
Cons: management doesn't care for you what-so-ever.
Place is awful to work at on the corporate side. Typical day starts at 8am. Underpaid, under-appreciated, and under managed. Co-workers are fine to deal with, because we are suppose to be a "Team." My boss told me this, but for the "Captain" of the "Team" she is no "Team Player." I recommend finding another source for your income, because this place gets 2 thumbs down!
Great group of people to work with
Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no room for advancement unless you have a 4 year degree
The team work here is awesome. Everyone is willing to help out if overloaded or out on vacation. The people are definitely the best part of the job.

It can be challenging working with A/P to resolve issues because they are in another state. We also have a lot of training that we give to the field due to turnover.

The most disappointing part of the job is that there is no room for advancement and under new ownership they no longer invest in their employees.
Awesome staff of people
Market Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Greenwood, INAugust 9, 2014
Pros: awesome people
Cons: clean harbors, bought them
Love the company, been there 15 years...looking to advance. Very customer service and sales driven

1 2 3 4 5

About Safety-Kleen

Safety-Kleen, Inc. is a provider of used oil re-refining and recycling and parts cleaning services in North America, and is also – Read more

Safety-Kleen Salaries