Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

servicing customer accounts / transporting hazardous waste
cust. sales rep (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYOctober 17, 2017
was only paid as a customer sales rep. and not as a hazmat driver. We were expected to sell additional products to cust. and would receive commissions on the products sold only if you reach a certain amount. wages were under $10.00 an hour and hours were long and had to be justified in order to get paid. I was laid off do to so called down sizing.
Benefits
Cons
low wages, no job security, stress
not a good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 10, 2017
Very poor and petty management. It's like high school there. they hired me then laid me off two months later, they clearly have no idea what they're doing.
Worst Job I ever Had
Senior Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 6, 2017
Safety Kleen presents itself as a place of opportunity...the level of moral among employees is extremely low...they run the company like a sweat shop! I am extremely disappointed in the unreliable-uncooth-un experienced management! It is embarrassing to work for a place & deal with customers and the foundation of the company is not together.
No advancement for black people
Customer care representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2017
Majority of the call center is African-American but there isn't an African American person that is allowed to be in leadership. They will conduct interviews to lead you to believe they will but doesn't go any further then that
Productive and fun workplsce
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2017
Grateful for the opportunity, learned skills I will be able to take along with me on my next opportunity.

We are treated like family. I've worked at companies where you're just another number... not here.

It feels great to work with such great smart people.
I'm always learning something new every day.
Great atmosphere and place to further your career.
Pros
Great people at all levels of the company, everyone is supportive of each other and, has a great time together in accomplishing the mission
Cons
Not a one at all. It is a perfect opportunity
Nation's largest Hazardous Waste Management Company
Director of Disposal (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed 17 years of my career applying my education as a Chemical Engineer in the Hazardous Waste Management Industry. I enjoyed managing people, maintaining a safe and compliant facility, managing large waste networks and achieving Company's financial goals.
Was able to travel this was very enjoyable.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2017
In my job I was able to meet new friends each day. Work was enjoyable, you were able to indoors and outdoors as the job at hand required. The members that I was working with were great.
The right woman for the job
Customer Service/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 11, 2017
I was hired to run a truck, I was the only female driver in southern California. Management saw something in me and knew I was the right woman for the job. I wasn't afraid of getting dirty and working hard to prove I was fit for this job.
Loved it while I was there.
Material Handler /warehouse / truck driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 2, 2017
Hard work at times. Very busy in the afternoon when the drivers returned. Wonderful learning experience. Interesting experience. Many different levels to warehouse duties. Yard jockey, restock truck with fresh solvents, dump 55 barrels was challenging. Heavy maneuver of barrels was fun.
Pros
Hard work
Cons
Late nights
Corp office setting
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 29, 2017
Corp office setting with no room to advance or change departments. multi systems that are always changing and added new. Big company with not the best health care policy
good working envorment
Sales service Rep (Former Employee) –  springdale arAugust 28, 2017
Productive fast pace learn a lot good people to work with good working environment. Plenty room for advancement. Manger was good to work with plenty of tools to do your job correctly.
Pros
benfits
Cons
location
Safety Kleen
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLAugust 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Safety Kleen it was a great job fast paced great industry where there was a lot of job security unfortunately I had to relocate and leave this position
Pros
wages hours management
Cons
hours at times
Overall Good Company
BULK DRIVER THERMO FLUIDS (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAAugust 22, 2017
The commute is just too much and the work life balance doesn't work for me and my family, otherwise, I would have stayed here for the long haul. Give it a shot, lots of good positions are always available.
Excellent job to get into to learn about chemical disposal
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCAugust 18, 2017
Great job at times and very demanding. Seemed to have quotas on production. Processing the amount of used chemicals daily I felt would accumulate over time to be very hazardous and harmful to ones health.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hazardous conditions
SK has been killed by Clean Harbors
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 18, 2017
use to be a great company and you felt like a person that mattered. all of that has changed since Clean Harbor bought SK. Now you are just a number with unrealistic goals and expectations. Removing 401k while still aquirring companies is one example of how little it values its employees.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no 401k
t needs better management
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAAugust 16, 2017
It was a hostile work environment with poor management. There was prejudice in the workplace and nothing was done. I learned its always seniority over everything.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
prejudice in the workplace
A good learning experience.
Lead Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, PAAugust 10, 2017
I learned a lot about the Environmental Field but there is very little chance for advancement for female employees.

A team atmosphere was present in the Branches.
Pros
Constant training
Cons
Male oriented company
Fun place to work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAAugust 9, 2017
Working at safety Kleen is a great experience being a part of such a safety and team oriented work place has been and continues to be a blessing. It makes me proud to work for one of the leaders in the recycled oil business.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No 401k match
S-K was a people mill
Market Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 26, 2017
Had emerged form bankruptcy and had 160 +/- branches nationwide. I was an experiment to see if the territory could support a fourth MSS, and it barley did.

Made some successful inroads while there; saw the development and sales of aqueous parts washing machines, the development of newer solvents with higher flash points (non-hazardous waste).

National concern but would not work there again under any circumstances.
Pros
Assets & equipment
Cons
People mill
not truthful
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 20, 2017
not one of the great places to work everyone that works there are insecure about their position. All of the managers are on a buddy system instead of talent so they are very insecure about their ability and who they are. If you are looking for growth and opportunity definitely not the place for you to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safety-Kleen. Our community is ready to answer.