Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

Since Clean Harbor
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Since the company was purchased by Clean Harbor the work conditions have fallen. Took 3 yeas until anyone received an increase in pay. They use an antiquated computer system that does not meet Safety-Kleen needs. Their expectations are not conducive to productivity. They are constantly laying off valued personnel so they can buy new companies.
Pros
The commarodity of the employees
Cons
Clean Harbor
The oil price was down too much last year. The Safety-Kleen has to do some reduction to keep the company alive.
Sr. BI Developer in Enterprise Data Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 25, 2016
I like the management over the Safety-Kleen and people are friendly to work with. I have done so much projects without supervision.
job summery
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 25, 2016
This is the best job I have ever had I was there for 9 years. I had ex coworkers convince me to leave and go to a competitor what a huge mistake i'll never a low my self to make that mistake again.
This started out as a route sales job before being promoted in to a full time sales position.We sold environmental services and products. I had a seven county territory I traveled.I was on commission with small salary the company was a world wide company. They spent a lot of money and time or sales training and customer service training.
Pros
great training
Cons
no longer there
Each Branch has its own personality but Norcross Branch was a great team
Branch General Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 12, 2016
10-12 hour days. Responsible for operations of the branch. Ensuring customers were serviced on time. Develop team to meet or exceed company targets including new sales. Dealt with customer related issues. Managed margins to meet company expectations.
Great Job. Unfortaunatly to many changes.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 7, 2016
I do truely like the job that I am asked to perform. They just keep changing the compansation plan. I will not be able to make the same amount of money that I made last year. The Managers ask for feedback and upper management continues down the path that they have choosen.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Healthcare, Compensation Changes, Changes are not communicated clearly to sales
Great Company
Branch Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MODecember 15, 2015
Safety Kleen has taught me a lot about what I want out of life. I have gained a new knowledge about the safety of our environment. Safety Kleen is the reason that I decided to go back to school to pursue a degree in Environmental Safety.
Pros
Great atmosphere, always encouraged to better myself
Cons
Lack of advancements
Computer
Computer Trainer (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILNovember 7, 2015
A typical day at work started at 8:AM
A good group of coworkers
The most enjoyable part of the job was travel
Going to different city's to train company personnel
Unrealistic quotas, commission thats capped, the work never ends
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  AZOctober 22, 2015
The entire waste management industry is awful. You are nano managed by so many different managers that dont understand how sales works. The price is the highest in the industry and service is awful. Imagine trying to sell that
Pros
Cons
capped commission at 120%, you only get ne2 revenue on first month of a new account
Multi Tasking a Must!!
Market Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 5, 2015
Great overall company to work for. Must be able to wear many hats at once. Daily interaction face to face with multiple customers is great, build professional and personal relationships that drive greater business growth and penetration into the market.
Safety-Kleen
ISCC Insides Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXOctober 1, 2015
Great work environment to bad the division was closed down in a year and we were all laid off. Training and management was great objectives were laid out and benefits were good.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Closed the division down in a year.
nothing good to say
Lead Oil Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ga.norcrossSeptember 28, 2015
super long hours 12.to14 hour days saturdays included.Manegement is very abusive and turnover is very high .I have very little good to say
Pros
Cons
supper long hours
independant work day
Yard Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Dolton, ILSeptember 25, 2015
Working as a Yard Truck Operator allowed me to work very independently. I learned how to properly load and off load hazardous chemicals and fuels with compliance of state guidelines. There was many opportunities for advancement in the company.
Pros
completing job without managment looking over shoulder
Cons
hazardous materials
just ok
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 15, 2015
I love our office the people are great. Upper management in another state is not open to suggestions from anyone and layed off several hundred people when they purchased the company but promoted others at the same time.
We have not had a raise in two years.

Our location is pretty relaxed and great people.
Pros
casual environment
Cons
pay raises none for some
Productive and fun
Government Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 27, 2015
Great co-workers and supportive Supervisor on government side
Government Supervisor is all about sharing the knowledge in order for you to grow and advance in the company
Cons
Healthcare to expensive
Worthwhile experience
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Amityville, NYAugust 20, 2015
Although this is not the field I want to work in, I learned a lot from my time here. Aside from office experience, you get a strong understanding of chemical and environmental procedures/standards.
Promised advancement,given the runaround just to keep me a laborer
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 30, 2015
Hard work which is ok,learned a lot about hazardous chemicals,and cleanup of those chemicals.Management was not telling me what they really meant(poor communication).The coworkers were very nice and encouraging.Hardest part was shoveling sludge out of a pit. the most enjoyable part of the day was punching out.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Management not leveling with me.
Collector II
Corporate Collection (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 29, 2015
I work on Large Account collecting the past due amount on the account. Also mail invoice to the Companies that need them.Monitor daily and weekly accounts
Too much bad to list
Temp to Hire Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 8, 2015
If written to many higher-ups and none of them seem to want to correct the problems in Fresno. They stick together and blame the hardest workers in the company. Revenue driven, they don't care about your problems.
Pros
Pay is decent
fun work place
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  tampa,flJuly 5, 2015
I grew into a new environment where I was able to absorb
and experience new skills and talents in the chemical industry.
Along my tour I obtained certification as a Lead Material Handler.
Pros
working various job duties
Cons
limited to being able to reward merit to employees
Overall great company to work for
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Irving, TexasJune 29, 2015
Start at 0700. Monday Meeting

Clear e-mails,

Check all Hot tools,

Dispatch Service Reps,

Review Maintenance on Vehicles.

Reschedule Service rep,

Customer Service

Paperwork, Schedule for next day.