Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

Safety-Kleen
Worker (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 22, 2017
Great company to work for with excellent benefits. Everyone was very supportive and friendly. Plenty of opportunity for career growth. Seemed like a good company.
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 17, 2017
A good place to work. Enjoyed the job and got along well the staff. Benefits were average and the workload was manageable. Do not have any negative comments.
job always on the line
Manager (Current Employee) –  ksDecember 7, 2017
politics and ego from upper management bring company down. they demand more than what a human can possibly do so they do not have to pay out commissions
Lack of direction and support
Director of Vertical Marketing (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 6, 2017
Chairman is too deep into daily projects. He wants to do much more with less. Weak management. Chairman has "ideas" but doesn't want to commitment the resources needed to support his ideas. Unrealistic expectations.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
no raises, no 401k match
Relaxed but professional atmosphere.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHDecember 4, 2017
A typical day included processing paperwork through the computer system. Adding to and editing customer accounts in the computer system. Answering customer calls. Prepping services in the computer system and paperwork for service technicians. Emailing customers. Performing collection on customers who's accounts are delinquent. Printing, faxing, typing and scanning necessary documents. Filing of customer accounts.
Pros
M-F job with full-time hours. Good benefits and pay rate.
Cons
Only one 30 minute break a day.
productive, customer orient and professional.
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salida, CANovember 30, 2017
Great place to work for beginners in environmental field as for transportation, labor, and continuances knowledge on Haz. Material, Haz. Waste and about the environment .
Pros
incentives and reward
Cons
work alone unsupervised complete daily work orderpro
Fast paced, high stress
Marketing Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INNovember 19, 2017
Developed new corporate accounts by prospecting on phone and cold calls. Managed existing accounts by assessing their needs through meetings and quarterly business reviews.

Learned how to put a business plan together.

Workplace was a team atmosphere had to work with other departments in order to be successful.

Learning the proper way for companies to be sustainable with their waste materials.
Pros
Able to bring waste from home to dispose of it at work. Example (Old paint)
Cons
maxing out on commission on a monthly basis.
na
Branch Industrial Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 16, 2017
Monitors safety and health regulations and provides technical support to plant and corporate personnel to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and...
People on shop floor are great management not so much
Operator/Blender at Safety Kleen blend plant (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INNovember 14, 2017
Racial tension makes up the bulk of the cons here. The good old boy rules over here . Nepotism is what rules this place , If your not related to someone here you better be Caucasian and not have an opinion about anything . Once you speak up you developed a target on your back .
Pros
Close to home
Cons
A great place to gain experience
Central Route Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 8, 2017
A typical day is spent at your desk, working reports, ensuring orders are scheduled when due and routed in such a way as to maximize efficiency. People are nice but the overall culture of the company seems to lack enthusiasm. No 401K match and whispers of a company that doesn't give raises lowers moral over time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Repetitive nature of job. Rely on overtime for a decent wage.
What I learned
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dolton, ILNovember 7, 2017
I learned that you must always wear your personal protection equipment because you are dealing with hazardous waste daily. Everything must also have a label on it.
Pros
It help me with my organization skills.
Cons
Could not have any facial hair.
Just a job
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  West Nyack, NYNovember 7, 2017
A day at Safety-kleen. Come to do your work duties along with other people's job; such as managers, salesman. Very poor communication with Branch manager and employees. When Revenue is not made, employees are reminded their job can be on the line and they can be easily replaced at a Branch level
Pros
Love the Admins and drivers
Cons
Never rewarded or even thanked for the hard work that we do. Always put down.
Stessed Atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 2, 2017
Probably the worst company I've ever worked for to date.
The company was goig through financial hard times and the resources were just not there to do my job effectively.
Pros
Nice people on my team
Cons
Corporate had no clue what was going on in the field
excellent work involvement
Vacuum Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 1, 2017
I have no major comment on this company. The work environment was great got alone with almost every one except one person with was a very anoint, which he thought he knew everything and he didn't .
Safety Kleen
Branch Lead Secretary (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IA 52806October 29, 2017
I loved working there but I had to quit due to my husbands illness. I work there for quite a while. I was able to go to doctors appointments. and we got sick days and vacation days
Pros
loved my co workers
Cons
n/a

Comment – November 10, 2017

I wish I could go back to work there again. I liked working with most of the employee's there. I was glad to hear that a couple employees left there that needed to go along time ago.

Great job for someone in college or fresh out of school
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 26, 2017
Fast paced when there are samples but a lot of down time once your work is complete. Samples come once a day. Work starts at 8am and samples usually don't get delivered until 9:30 so you have time to prep for the day and eat breakfast/drink coffee. You are expected to work promptly and multi-task. Overall easy work.
Pros
Nice people, laid back, doors are always locked for safety
Cons
Healthcare, too much down time, location in bad part of town, 401K not matched by company
This is a great company to work for and would consider working for them permanently
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 19, 2017
The company is going through a lot of transitioning to do to clean Harbor over taking the company bought out so there's a lot of cleanup as far as past years of Collections and Revenue. Overall it's a great company company is going through transformation as far as clean up and past history of unpaid invoices. The company has a lot of Temps at Headquarters as well as the Richardson location.
Pros
Team meetings
Cons
Missed break at my discretion.
servicing customer accounts / transporting hazardous waste
cust. sales rep (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYOctober 17, 2017
was only paid as a customer sales rep. and not as a hazmat driver. We were expected to sell additional products to cust. and would receive commissions on the products sold only if you reach a certain amount. wages were under $10.00 an hour and hours were long and had to be justified in order to get paid. I was laid off do to so called down sizing.
Benefits
Cons
low wages, no job security, stress
Excessive workload for insufficient compensation
Compliance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2017
As with so many large companies, lack of communication has been one of the most consistent daily challenges. Along with that goes reduced benefits from when I started, low pay for the type of work and experience that employees have in general, and an environment that doesn't foster teamwork.
Pros
Location, Equipment
Cons
Management structure, Negative atmosphere
not a good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 10, 2017
Very poor and petty management. It's like high school there. they hired me then laid me off two months later, they clearly have no idea what they're doing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safety-Kleen. Our community is ready to answer.