Safety Net Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
very fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2017
You to love socializing to work here. I truly loved it. It felt like i was doing a good deed every time i helped a customer. Some people were in real need of a phone and i was the one to help.
Pros
Free phones
Cons
Not enough boss positions.
October 2, 2017

This review is for a different Safety Net, not the MSP (IT) in Michigan.

Bad Company To Work For
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 24, 2017
Constant repetitive work from the moment you walk in the door until the moment you leave.

Very poor work life balance.

Super fast paced help desk environment where you only have a certain amount of time to work on a ticket before you have to move on.

Weekly on call shifts which requires you to awaken in the middle of the night (multiple times throughout the night).

A couple of times a year, usually around Christmas, will have "black out" dates where no one can take PTO.

Surveillance cameras throughout facilities to monitor what employees are constantly doing.

Micro manages every aspect of your job.

Every minute of your day has to be tracked with a ticket explaining what you were doing (meetings, work, on phone, etc.).
Pros
Decent pay, Engineers very knowledgeable, Owner is a good guy
Cons
Weekly on call shifts, micro management, help desk environment.
August 29, 2017

This is a real bummer to see. The whole staff tries so hard to make Safety Net a great place to work, including many check-ins with colleagues on how they’re doing, what they would make better or change.

Just the facts, ma’am… Safety Net does have a fast-paced service desk. Crazy fast, sometimes! The company also does operate on good data, which requires good time tracking on everyone’s part. The facilities and operations are SOC-II certified and set up with IT security best practices, hence the cameras on rooms that hold client data, keys, etc. No cameras in staff-only spaces like eating areas. That would just be gross.

The current rotation to serve on call is 1 out of every 7 or 8 weeks for Support Services group members. (Yes, you get woken up!) Team members are pretty understanding about coverage for that and PTO around holidays because they know clients need help, and they care. We’re pretty transparent on these expectations in the hiring process, and give candidates the opportunity to talk with peers before coming on board. With this feedback, we will keep working to be better!

Had fun meeting new people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAJanuary 12, 2017
It was a good and fun job got to give out many phones and meet new people just didn't like we got paid on commission but over all good job
August 24, 2017

This review is not for this "Safety Net." This company listing is for Safety Net in Traverse City and Farmington Hills, Michigan - an IT Managed Services Provider.

August 24, 2017

Teaching hospital / educational environment
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 22, 2016
I worked on the liver / kidney / pancreas transplant unit. I was a Nurse Leader on the unit for just under a year. After I gave birth to my youngest son, I returned part time as an RN in the PACU.
Pros
Good pay and flexible hours.
Cons
Working some overnights which took my time away from nursing my son at night.
October 17, 2016

This review is not for this "Safety Net." This company listing is for Safety Net in Traverse City and Farmington Hills, Michigan - and IT Managed Services Provider.

Great experiences
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Minter, ALJune 8, 2016
Long hours, friendly atmosphere. Sometimes have to accommodate patients who are upset can violent but hardly ever do. Everyone works together to accomplish goals for students.
Pros
Flexible work atmosphere
January 13, 2017

One of the better jobs
Network Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 1, 2015
Safety Net provides me with good pay and benefits, and I provide Safety Net with an honest days work. It's a pretty good balance. I have had jobs where there were periods of time where I just couldn't find another task to fill my time, but that has never been an issue at Safety Net. I review client systems and design solutions to meet their needs, which means I am confronted with new challenges every day. Plus I get to spend time learing new technologies to be able to present our clients with the right solution for their unique situation. Safety Net provides 10% of an employees scheduled hours for training. This is the only place I have worked that thought enough of the employees future skillset that they actually paid for training. I've had a few jobs in the past where my day was spent in front of a computer, but I keep busy enough doing interesting work that I don't miss mindlessly surfing the Internet.
Pros
Management encourages the employees to try to make it a fun place to work.
Cons
The office can be a little noisy at times.
Safety Net, you should work here.
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIApril 23, 2015
Being external or contract IT is different from internal, but Safety Net brings enterprise solutions to small businesses with customer focused solutions and remote management technologies. Like any IT, there is your share of after hours for escalations, on-call and projects out of business hours, but the teams do a good job of trying to balance all of that fairly. I prefer being external IT, as we get to do different stuff all the time.

The owners invest in the company and in their employees first, you won't see them rolling in brand new Audi's and BMW's here. You get rewarded for hard work, but hard work is expected. The salaries are external IT salaries, we can only charge clients so much and still keep work, but they definitely take care of their employees with salaries and a generous benefits packages. It's a great place to work with great people, as long as you don't mind smart mouths and hard work!
Pros
Great teammates, Great company, growing
Cons
Occasional after hours work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safety Net. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3