Safety Services Company Employee Reviews in United States

collections
Collections Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 15, 2015
it was a very high call volume call center i learned to have alot of patientce with people the managment was good the co workers were wonderful to work with the hardest part was to try and get people to pay there past due bills the most the most enjoyable was when i hit my quota every week
Productive work Environment
Senior Adviser/Closer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 14, 2015
Responsible for closing sales calls and sending out sales information to potential customers and making potential sale callbacks.
Great company to start as a second chance employer
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 10, 2015
Not much room for advancement. great environment and high energy everyday when I am at work. However with the industry taking a plunge it has begun to effect my ability to make enough money to support my family and house hold. I have now been with the company for two years and I still have yet to truly thrive. At the end of the day it's sales so its up and down however there should be a threshold or time frame to advance or have some type of growth structure.
Pros
High Energy, Spiffs when numbers are up
Cons
No breaks, When the numbers are down its down and constant change.
Awesome work enviornment
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 10, 2015
Wells fargo is an awesome company but there is no stability there. How do you have a job fair with over 500 people you hire but you lay them off 9 months later so not a career based job
Pros
The Company and the pay
Cons
no longevity working there
Not a fun place to be employed.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 20, 2015
Start of the day you were given a sheet of numbers to call.
You would interview the business owner and try to sell them safety material. Such as job aids, posters, training videos.
There were strict sales requirements.
Most of the time you would call a company you had already spoken to several times, even if they had said they were not interested earlier that week.
The company uses unethical behavior and encourages unacceptable sales tactics.
I didn't take much from the position.
Pros
None.
Cons
Almost everything about the job.
Fun and challenging workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaMarch 13, 2015
This company provides opportunities to learn and demonstrate your skills. I considered it an invaluable opportunity to hone my management skills and build the confidence to start my own company.
Pros
working with great people
Productive Collections Manager
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 9, 2015
Established company collections department (10-30 employees) including training, procedure manual, structure, quotas, guidelines, and employee development, Responsible for all aspects of department including day to day operations, metrics, payroll, hiring and terminations
Quirky Company
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 7, 2014
Quirky in that it is primarily a cold-call sales company addressing industry and client specific OSHA regulatory procedures. Very loud and excessively competitive sales force with a high turn-over.
That said, I was in the department responsible for researching OSHA regulations and tailoring them to the industry or client. That department, in contrast, was so quiet you could hear the crickets. No one spoke unless it was business related or they were on break. They are very rigid with their hours and dress code, considering they rarely had a client in-house. Nonetheless, I liked my manager and her management style and got along just fine with my co-workers.
Pros
no distractions
Cons
success abounds as do the growing pains.
its a call center with no solid business plan
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 28, 2014
you work from 6am-3pm with an hour for lunch and no breaks, glued to a computer constantly making calls and dealing with reluctant clients who often curse you out. I learned how to manipulate conversations in order to get clients to feel better. Because the company is struggling management is pressured to constantly remind you to make quota, quota is ridiculous to obtain because it regulates your 'bonus' which is money they can't afford to pay you. Of course you work with normal people who re-act normally under high stress situations and its generally not pretty.
Pros
fixed work schedule
Cons
no job security
Changed with the times and keept up workplace
Saves, Resolution agent (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AzFebruary 22, 2014
It is a great company quick passed and changed a lot so had to be adaptable but was perfect for me
Great management
great co-worker
the hardest part of the job was I worked at a desk that people called in a complained
best was a lot of people like me so fun adaptable enviroment
Pros
6-3 schedule
Cons
no vacation for a yr but they are still cool about emergencies
2nd chance house for convicts and felons
Outbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 27, 2014
If you don't mind be treated like a criminal this is the place for you.
Pros
nothing good about this company at all
Cons
everything
Fast paced and very professional fun environment
Safety Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 24, 2013
Safety Services Company always was a very enjoyable place to work because there where always competitions to keep everyone engaged and focused.
High paced environment with results driven pay scales
Account Executive/Safety Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 8, 2013
6-3 or 6-4 depending on the results of the day. The typical day at work is on the phones and taking care of current customer compliance issues while offering solutions and upselling new products to serve the customers needs and sales goals
Pros
good pay if you produce high levels of sales
Cons
less respect for the employees than i would expect
Great hours and facilities location
Sales/Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaSeptember 22, 2013
A typical day starts with a motivation team meeting.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great management team.
Pros
hours are 6am to 3pm
Cons
healthcare is substandard. only one break which is 1 hour for lunch.
Good sales commission
Tier 1 Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 19, 2013
Working at Safety Services I learned a lot of important skills. I learned how important positive thinking is. Though management stayed optimistic, they often stressed to make quota which ended up stressing out the employees and taking a toll on our productivity.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful environment
Exciting for awhile until new training people come in
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 3, 2013
Work is a great place to go to until new people come into to train and then you have to worry about your job because there only so many seats available! I enjoyed working there
Pros
hour lunches, 6-3 work schedule mon-fri
Cons
no job security
fun place to work
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  phoenix azJuly 22, 2013
work from 6am-4pm with 1hour lunch on the phone/computer assisting customers.
Busy but fun work environment
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 13, 2013
A typial day at work we would start promptly at 6 am with a team meeting on different safety programs we would deal with. from there we would go ahead and make calls to the companies we dealt with or took calls from them. the Management was very helpful and understanding. My co-workers were energetic enthusiastic.
the hardest part of the job was sometimes not being able to help out the cliet with what ever they needed due to their own financial issues. The most enjoyable part of working there was being able to help out the clients and make their business OSHA compliant.
Pros
the good vybe from people
Cons
being in one spot most of the day
Decent place to work
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 11, 2013
I worked as a winbacks agent and currently work as a mop ups tier 2 agent. I call businesses who have not done business with SSC for a few years and are expired clients. I go through safety evaluations with then and help then with their safety programs by getting a closer on the phone who gives them the information they need to stay OSHA compliant.
Pros
good hourly wage and great bonus structure
Cons
redundant tasks
Mediocre Buisness
Sales agent/Collections agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 16, 2012
Safety Services was still taking off the ground when I entered the company so there was not much to tell

Management could have been a lot more proficient with their employees as in training , care and help
Pros
great work schedule
Cons
hourly wages for workload, no benefits, harsh work enviroment