Safeway Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,000 reviews matching the search
love working in the warehouse loading truck,and driving them
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 29, 2016
Deliver magazines to differ stores load trucks for next day delivery report leaving,and going from the company area,gas your own truck always be kind to customers,and your staff.
Pros
your own breaks worktill you done early somtimes late.
Cons
full benifits
Courtsy Clerk
Courtsy clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAJuly 28, 2016
The work environment was very nice, great people and great customers. The job was physically demanding and constant moving around. There is never a moment to stop and rest until break or lunch time.
Was A good work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 28, 2016
Was a great work.place. I stopped working there because I was concerned about my baby was having some issues with my babies health problems.But I did enjoy my job
awful !
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAJuly 27, 2016
I worked for Safeway in the Deli Dept. All I can say is I was not appreciated by the manager. I was always on time, never called in sick nor was i ever late. New employees would quit or walk out the first day. Manager was always in a bad mood and would take it out on the employee. A poor lady who had been in the Deli for 12 years was scarred of management. She too was a great employee but always had the fear of what management had to say. Management would walk in at 7 am, by then I was there at 3 am had tons of things done, but was never good enough. She would walk in and say, "Your not done yet?!" and rolled her eyes. Everyday is different even if you knew the opening position. There were times that i was running a bit behind, but not once did management helped but was always judging . I believe in team work, you wouldn't get any team help there. She has the attitude of, Its your job!" I quit because of her, even when I had asked to be moved to a different department. I was told that Management prevented of me leaving to a different department because she didn't have anybody else to cover my shift! Well HEELLLOOO, your the cause of nobody wanted to work for you! Upper management would not do anything about her verbal abuse. (that is what I consider, when instead of running a deli, but her attitude was running a boot camp!)
Pros
no pros
Cons
defiantly no cons
Decent work but bad pay.
Florist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 26, 2016
I feel my job was very skilled. I was a florist, I made bouquets and arrangements but I was also expected to drop everything and provide customer service at all times. We were worked like dogs and our time restraints weren't respected at all. If a manager made a mistake blame was placed on me. Like being a slave...
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Poor management
Many new changes to worsen the store
Starbucks Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 26, 2016
I am currently the Starbucks manager of this location I do hiring for them I also do safety for them and any other task on the slide I do customer service and it's just too much of what I do for my small paid for Starbucks manager position
Productive and Fast-Paced employment
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAJuly 26, 2016
Safeway is a family oriented facility, every employee there treats one another like family. I appreciate the weekly paychecks.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Not enough employees
fun place to work at
customer service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 26, 2016
great and friendly co workers to work with.i learned how to cut meat and seafood .i allways greeded customers though out the store.
Pros
free food in the break room on fridays
An okay place to work
Fuel Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  North City, WAJuly 26, 2016
The customers are generally rude and half are broken English. Get mad at you when THEY tell you the wrong pump number. Some don't know how to use the pumps and blame it on you. Two thirds will forget their pump number when they come in and expect you to figure it out. I'd honest rather clean all 12 pumps than deal with the rude customers. I've worked in many of the departments before working in this one and I can say it's probably the worst department at Safeway. Other than the hours, I hated the fuel station
Pros
Hours were great
Cons
Terrible customers, extremely boring when not busy
Entry_Level Working
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CAJuly 25, 2016
The staff at the Lafayette, CA Safeway will teach you the basics of working in both the food preparation and customer service. There are legitimate promotion options for those who display the business acumen and dedication necessary required for a management position. The culturally and experienced-varied staff understand the plight of entry-level worker, and will work with you if you are willing. The labor union provides a quality safety-net for all workers .
summer job
COURTESY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 24, 2016
was my very first job when i was 16. had to leave because working and school were conflicting. was a good experience. managers weren't willing to help with my schedule.
Safeway.com
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 24, 2016
Competitive wages, zero benefits. Hard work, tight schedules, good management. You drive trucks, move orders around to fit an aggressive time-frame, and deliver groceries.
Pros
Competitive wages.
Cons
Zero benefits.
Learned many different skills
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quartz Hill, CAJuly 23, 2016
Receive or credit all incoming or outgoing items. Generating daily reports, keeping warehouse clean and Enjoyed all the different coworkers I met.
Pros
Received much knowledge
Cons
not help
verbally abusive employer
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAJuly 23, 2016
was expected to handle other employees work load, some times didnt get my 15 at mid shift, and was never really treated fairly as an employee
productive and fun environment
bakery clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 23, 2016
I gained a lot of valuable knowledge during my employment there. It was a fun and creative and generally pleasant place to work and my fellow employees taught me so much. I enjoy with people and find it both challenging and rewarding.
Good Benefits
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 22, 2016
Safeway is now owned by Albertsons. Fastly closing all non productive stores. Has placed a lot of people on unemployment.
Pros
UFCW7 benefits package
Cons
Poor management
Productive place with great co-workers
Courtesy Clerk, Clean Up Crew (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 21, 2016
Busy, Stressful, Learned how to handle stressful situations, Management wasn't the best but I've dealt with it and moved forward, My co-workers
Pros
store discount
Cons
short breaks
Productive and diverse
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAJuly 20, 2016
Fun and diverse place to work at. Only downfall is that we are union and have to to fight to get fair contracts and health benefits. Raises are very minimal and only like .10c per year, if that. No way you can live off .10c raises that happen only once every 3-4 years.
Pros
Get 5-10% off groceries
Cons
No raises. Union.
Productive and good team atmosphere.
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 20, 2016
Counting and reconciling inventory in warehouse setting are typical job duties on a daily basis. I have learned how to work independent of a supervisor.
It was alright
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92154July 20, 2016
A typical day working at Safeway consisted of being the only one actually working among the courtesy clerks. Regularly being called out to do carts knowing full and well that you brought them all in 20 minutes ago. Being moved from shift to shift on a whim. Speed trained in multiple departments for versatility, not productivity. Long hours, unappreciative management, and the pay wasn't great compared to previous labor intensive jobs I'd had.
Pros
Decent Deli foods
Cons
Management, Other Courtesy Clerks