Safway Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Horrible service
Insulator Helper (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Safway really disappointed me when it comes to the pay the hours and the way they run the whole company, they never follow up with their words and pay as they promised.
Pros
Cool co-workers
Cons
No breaks, horrible pay, not enough pay for work you do
Good Place to work with great people
Carpenter Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2017
A typical day at safway services starts at 7 am and ends anywhere from 330 to 6pm. many days are very long and fast paced in hot power plants. the scheduling team at safway tries to keep you close to your home for easy commuting
Pros
great people
Cons
hot work places
Job
Scaffold Builder/mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Good job. Pay varies depending on your experiance. Great people to work for just not steady work with little room for advancement.
best scaffold company in the world
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 25, 2016
the best construction/scaffold company ever. built on team work. everybody works hard but plays even harder. everyone is friends and helps each other out when the time deadlines are a bit difficult everyone comes together to accomplish a goal and that is making the company look good.
Friendly and Family like Co Workers
Accounts Payable & Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2015
Awesome place to work. Everyone was great and friendly. No one bothers you, come in do your job, small office environment almost like a mom and pop but it's a very large corporation. As long as your work got done it was all good.
Pros
No mirco managing
Cons
Good at first then got progressively worse
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TXNovember 9, 2014
I would not work with this company if I had chance to do it again.
Pros
products were industry leading, wide variety
Cons
poor management attitude, some managers racist, responsibilities exceed pay rate
AR, AP, Payroll
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville and Memphis TNMarch 21, 2014
Great Company to work for many years

Full Charge Bookkeeping
Accounts Receivable -Credit and Collections; Invoice Billing;Credit Card and Cash daily deposits;
Accounts Payables- approve and code to correct GL accounts, Journal Entries
Payroll- ADP, CERIDIAN, KRONOS, Comdata and Money Network Pay-Card Log systems, Certified Payroll
Human Resources- Benefits, Implement Company Policies and Procedures, Hired and Trained all office administrative positions
Monthly Financial Statements, Account and Bank Reconciliation, Accrual/Deferrals, Job Costing
Risk-Certificates of Insurance, Safety Manuals

Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Outlook, AS400, Comadata and CMS Money Network funding, ADP, Points North and Softwriters Certified Payroll software, Ceridian HR/Payroll Latitude, Kronos Workforce Timekeeper v6.1, Safway designed programs for job costing, inventory control and billing tracking system; E-Verify and SSA BOS websites; Quickbooks Pro 99, 2000, & 2001.
Good job
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORJanuary 25, 2013
Typical day at work was answering phones, taking messages, getting hours from field guys, emailing, billing, filing, pay apps and lien wavers.
work
Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 23, 2012
Designed scaffolds throughout the plant. Assisted in planning and scheduling hours to be assigned to each new crew. Inspection and tagging of scaffold structure along with the proper specifications of each.
Pros
great money
Cons
no days off
Being able to Multi task is key
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 12, 2012
I have learned to be flexible in time frames and needing to think on my feet. I must be able to prioritize as tasks come across my desk on a daily / weekly basis.
Typically I can work on three to seven different job tasks in a day. A good portion of my work day is doing research and the rest of the day is taking that research and documenting it to the appropriate report to the necessary management.
Our upper-management is not extremley people friendly. THerefore the Corporate environment is poor.
Most of my co workers at the branches enjoy working with me and never have a problem with contacting me if they need help.
The hardest part of my job is having to travel on Sundays and leave my family.
The best part of my job is all he people I have met in the field and hopefully helping them be the best at their jobs.
Pros
meeting and working with co workers at the branch locations
Cons
travel increased to 50%
Fun and enjoyable work place
Norfolk, VA (Former Employee) –  Branch ClerkNovember 10, 2011
I enjoyed working for Safway as a Branch Clerk. I loved working alongside the management and never dreaded going to work!