Safway Services, LLC Employee Reviews in United States

AR, AP, Payroll
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville and Memphis TNMarch 21, 2014
Great Company to work for many years

Full Charge Bookkeeping
Accounts Receivable -Credit and Collections; Invoice Billing;Credit Card and Cash daily deposits;
Accounts Payables- approve and code to correct GL accounts, Journal Entries
Payroll- ADP, CERIDIAN, KRONOS, Comdata and Money Network Pay-Card Log systems, Certified Payroll
Human Resources- Benefits, Implement Company Policies and Procedures, Hired and Trained all office administrative positions
Monthly Financial Statements, Account and Bank Reconciliation, Accrual/Deferrals, Job Costing
Risk-Certificates of Insurance, Safety Manuals

Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Outlook, AS400, Comadata and CMS Money Network funding, ADP, Points North and Softwriters Certified Payroll software, Ceridian HR/Payroll Latitude, Kronos Workforce Timekeeper v6.1, Safway designed programs for job costing, inventory control and billing tracking system; E-Verify and SSA BOS websites; Quickbooks Pro 99, 2000, & 2001.
Being able to Multi task is key
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 12, 2012
I have learned to be flexible in time frames and needing to think on my feet. I must be able to prioritize as tasks come across my desk on a daily / weekly basis.
Typically I can work on three to seven different job tasks in a day. A good portion of my work day is doing research and the rest of the day is taking that research and documenting it to the appropriate report to the necessary management.
Our upper-management is not extremley people friendly. THerefore the Corporate environment is poor.
Most of my co workers at the branches enjoy working with me and never have a problem with contacting me if they need help.
The hardest part of my job is having to travel on Sundays and leave my family.
The best part of my job is all he people I have met in the field and hopefully helping them be the best at their jobs.
Pros
meeting and working with co workers at the branch locations
Cons
travel increased to 50%
Friendly and Family like Co Workers
Accounts Payable & Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2015
Awesome place to work. Everyone was great and friendly. No one bothers you, come in do your job, small office environment almost like a mom and pop but it's a very large corporation. As long as your work got done it was all good.
Pros
No mirco managing
Cons
Fun and enjoyable work place
Norfolk, VA (Former Employee) –  Branch ClerkNovember 10, 2011
I enjoyed working for Safway as a Branch Clerk. I loved working alongside the management and never dreaded going to work!
work
Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 23, 2012
Designed scaffolds throughout the plant. Assisted in planning and scheduling hours to be assigned to each new crew. Inspection and tagging of scaffold structure along with the proper specifications of each.
Pros
great money
Cons
no days off
Good job
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORJanuary 25, 2013
Typical day at work was answering phones, taking messages, getting hours from field guys, emailing, billing, filing, pay apps and lien wavers.