SAFY Employee Reviews

SAFY of Colorado is a joke
Family Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 17, 2017
SAFY of Colorado is an absolute joke. It is 2 women who decided that they can start their own program with the backing of SAFY America's money. Their programming has no evidenced based practices. They gain all of their "trauma" knowledge from a couple of books that they ask new employees to read, which is considered "training." One of the start up directors had not even completed her master and was acting as a clinical supervisor. Both directors were rude, unprofessional, and seemingly bit off way more than they can chew. They truly have NO idea what they are doing. There is so much turnover at the agency, more than what is expected for home based therapy positions. You basically "wing it" as an unlicensed therapist or social worker, with little to no support from the directors. They lie upfront in the interview process to sell you on the program.
Pros
Cons
stressful, expect you to work 50+ hours a week, horrible pay, poor management
Great place to start and advance
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 25, 2017
This company is a well rounded company that keeps your work life and personal life separate. They are willing to work with you to ensure that you are as educated as you could be, and also are always there when you need help. The hardest part of this job is seeing kids leave foster care to go back into a home they should not be going back to. The most enjoyable part is being able to work with the youth, but also having the freedom to work from home from time to time.
The culture of the workplace is phenomanal!
Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 6, 2017
Specialized Alternative for Families and youth is a great company to work for. They provide great benefits and wonderful incentives. They have variety of remote position that foster growth and development for an individual!
Stressful and Hostile work envirnoment
Division Treatment Director (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 16, 2017
The executive director of the state creates a hostile work environment for her staff and management in general does not respect or adhere to any grievances process.
SAFY is a great company!
Family Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40207July 30, 2016
I transferred from SAFY of Kentucky to SAFY of Colorado in December 2014. SAFY primarily works as a Family Preservation Program and recently began Treatment Foster Care Program in Colorado. A typical day means two or more hours driving to home visits while managing cases via phone. The management positions, titles and supervisory expectations change significantly in short periods of time. My co-workers are amazing! We are a great team with great communication skills and extremely client focused. The hardest part of my job is the inordinate amount of time I spend driving. The most enjoyable part of my job is the direct clinical service that I am able to provide to my families.
Pros
Staff Yoga, Staff Kickball, Self-care Club are the pros of working for SAFY.
Cons
Participating in a start-up division, driving
I love safy
Full-time position, Therapeutic Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 4, 2016
I LOVE working there and making a different in families lives. I will not work any where else full time. I would and have referred therapist to work there. There is love and support.
Enjoyed working with the children
BST Provider / THDCP (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2015
I learned how important team work is in the work place. It was fun working with the kids. Time management and consistency was very important. It was challenging having to work with co-workers who didn't get along with one another.
Very supportive of their employee
FPP (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 13, 2015
I spend 10 hours a week per family for in-home therapy . I enjoyed this dynamic... for 4 to 6 weeks
The hardest part of the job is to say good bye to your clients
The most enjoyable part of the job to see the positive changes in the family or clients 'lives.
Foot in the Door
Family Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2015
SAFY is a great organization to work for. Although the monetary compensation is substandard, it is incredibly rewarding. The management of SAFY was a joy for me to work with, bringing both competency and approachability. Many a time my supervisors allowed me to flex my schedule around my personal responsibilities, allowing me to excel in my roles as employee and family man.

SAFY conducted multiple professional training session on a variety of topics, none more often as their adopted approach to therapeutic intervention, Emotional Regulatory Healing (ERH). SAFY did an incredible job training all clinical personnel in such topics.

The hardest part of the job for me was the administrative duties imposed by medicade/medicare to ensure both legitimacy as an organization and clinically necessary care.

Overall, SAFY is an incredible organization to work for, especially if you are attempting to get you "foot in the door" in the mental/behavioral health field.
Pros
Flexibe, rewarding, environment, training
Cons
Advancement opportunity, monetary conpensation
You'll learn here
Second Start, Group Home Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NVSeptember 10, 2014
This is a great place to gain experience working with children.
Pros
income
Cons
Must work flexible hours
fun work place
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NVMarch 7, 2014
we were able to work with kids ,help them with there school work etc .
Pros
i work at home with the kids
Cons
need more money
Productive working environment with the opportunity to grow professionally.
Family Development Specialist/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2014
Working with Foster Parents was an extremely rewarding experience.
Had fun working at SAFY
L.I.F.E Coach (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 11, 2013
A great working environment. Had great co-workers and a very understanding supervisor.
Productive and fun work place.
FYS (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2012
Great place to work at. Have to be organized with time management and be able to balance caseloads.