SAGA Communications

SAGA Communications Employer Reviews

Upper management hires dufus GM's.
Production/Creative Director (Former Employee), Springfield, ILFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: creative freedom, they give you the tools to work with
Cons: compensation and stability. industry is dying anyway.
HAd a great few years there. Worked with some wonderful people. Then they hired the absolute worst GM I've ever came in contact with. He last a little over a year, now they just have Champaign GM do Springfield as well. Has to be better than the last guy.
Terminated during downsizing in 2008.
Program Manager/On air Morning Host (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAOctober 16, 2013
5 days per week, I hosted the morning show and sold advertising in the afternoon.
Saga Communications
Production, Programming and promotions (Former Employee), East Longmeadow, MAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: i got to show these professionals what i could do and they were impressed
Cons: if you arent on the air, you get treated horribly.
I was really good at what I did. Weather it was promotions...programming or producion...I always got my work done in a timely fashion.
Recieved a raise in the first year.
Produced an introduction for the afternoon show that is highly talked about and is still in use today.
Was on the air many times a week.
Great People
National Sales and Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee), Needham, MAJuly 15, 2013
Saga offers the opportunity to work with great people. Also, if you have any interest in broadcasting, they open a broad array of radio stations.
Focused on performance
President/General Manager Columbus Radio Group (Former Employee), columbus ohioMay 22, 2012
As the Presidnt of this 3 station radio group cluster, I was resposible for creating and implementing a strategic plan to maximize ratings and revenues and create a positive image for the radio stations in thr community.
Rather Repressive, but sold to another group called Des Moines Radio Group
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Des Moines, IADecember 31, 2011
Pros: part of large group
Cons: very structured, not allow for creativity.
Rather Repressive, but sold to another group called Des Moines Radio Group

May 23, 2013

You are incorrect. Portland Radio Group and Des Moines Radio Group are both part of Saga Communications. You should really double check your facts before you post them.