SAGA Communications Employee Reviews

Out of college job
Assisted Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 3, 2016
This was my first job out of college. It was a great starter job and I made many life long friends.

I learned a lot, mainly how to coexist and handle the office environment.

Hardest part of the job was no interaction with people, unless I was needing information from them.
Promotions Assistant
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 6, 2016
Typical day included working with station listeners and clients to brand the station at events.

Best part was the free concerts, worst part was no room to move up in the company and some of the management.
Great experience!
Station Manager/General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHNovember 17, 2015
Saga is a wonderful company that rewards hard work and is run by a corporate office that really understands radio. 10 out of 10...I would recommend Saga to anyone looking to get into the radio or television industry.
Productive and fun environment to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 9, 2015
Saga Communications Inc., locally known as 5 Star Radio Group is probably what many people would envision working at a radio station to be. As the administrative assistant I was introduced to all aspects of the company. The radio station(s) are an active part of the community and the people who work there do a great job representing the station(s). My experience at Saga Communications is the foundation of all my office skills and the reason I chose to study and pursue a degree in Accounting.
Pros
Working as part of the community.
Cons
While working as part of the community was the best part, it sometimes continued through the weekend.
The ultimate public servant experience!
Radio Personality (Former Employee) –  Manchester, New HampshireMarch 19, 2014
I worked with a small team of professional on-air radio DJ's and personalities. The atypical days were invigorating and kept me 'on my toes'.
Loved laughing, creating and relating to/with co-workers and the general public, our listeners.
Upper management hires dufus GM's.
Production/Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 6, 2014
HAd a great few years there. Worked with some wonderful people. Then they hired the absolute worst GM I've ever came in contact with. He last a little over a year, now they just have Champaign GM do Springfield as well. Has to be better than the last guy.
Pros
Creative freedom, they give you the tools to work with
Cons
compensation and stability. Industry is dying anyway.
Terminated during downsizing in 2008.
Program Manager/On air Morning Host (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 16, 2013
5 days per week, I hosted the morning show and sold advertising in the afternoon.
Saga Communications
Production, Programming and promotions (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAOctober 8, 2013
I was really good at what I did. Weather it was promotions...programming or producion...I always got my work done in a timely fashion.
Recieved a raise in the first year.
Produced an introduction for the afternoon show that is highly talked about and is still in use today.
Was on the air many times a week.
Pros
I got to show these professionals what I could do and they were impressed
Cons
If you arent on the air, you get treated horribly.
Great People
National Sales and Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 15, 2013
Saga offers the opportunity to work with great people. Also, if you have any interest in broadcasting, they open a broad array of radio stations.
Focused on performance
President/General Manager Columbus Radio Group (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioMay 22, 2012
As the Presidnt of this 3 station radio group cluster, I was resposible for creating and implementing a strategic plan to maximize ratings and revenues and create a positive image for the radio stations in thr community.
Rather Repressive, but sold to another group called Des Moines Radio Group
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 31, 2011
Rather Repressive, but sold to another group called Des Moines Radio Group
Pros
part of large group
Cons
very structured, not allow for creativity.