Senior Network Engineer
We are searching for a very strong, senior-level Network Engineer who will be hands-on in the field and able to work remotely from our office, service our clients, able to resolve issues quickly – help us move our support services closer to ‘best practices’. As the senior Network Engineer, you will additionally be challenged with designing network and server solutions for clients, trouble-shooting environments, and helping to develop new products or services which we may bring to market. Your energy, experience and know-how will be setting the pace and keeping up standards for the whole team. You'll be joining an established company with a good reputation where your ideas and desire for constant improvement are welcomed, respected, and sought after by all here at Sagacent Technologies, Inc. (www.sagacent.com).
Experience and Skills Desired for the Senior Network Engineer:
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience working with servers, networks, desktops, laptops and troubleshooting
- Solution design and troubleshooting
- Strong experience with: Microsoft Server 2012 thru 2003, Windows 8 to Windows XP, Microsoft Office 2013 back to Office 9x, Exchange 2012 through 2003
- Multiple 3rd party and industry specific applications
- Active Directory, software installation/removal, data backups/restores, antivirus/firewalls/security, Internet/networking/wireless connectivity
- Remote access, UPS's, print servers and basic printer maintenance and repair.
Bonus Experience and Skills (Preferred, but not absolutely required. This is also a good guide of what you will be learning/doing working for us over time.):
- Microsoft Servers 2012 thru 2003 and Small Business Server 2012 thru 2003
- Microsoft Exchange Servers 2013 to 2003
- Windows SharePoint Server
- Windows SQL Server
- VoIP Solutions
- VMware, Hyper-V Virtual Servers
- Hosting and Data Center Solutions
- Citrix and Windows Terminal Services
- NAS and SAN Solutions
- Security Solutions
- Apple/Mac, Linux and UNIX
Certifications (Again, not absolutely required, but desired and will be encouraged moving forward.):
- Microsoft MCP or MCSE certifications
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- SonicWall CSSA
- CompTIA's A+, Network+ or Security+
- Any 3rd Party Certifications including: HP, Dell, Lenovo, IBM and others
Benefits include medical insurance, profit sharing based on personal and company performance, paid time off (PTO), discount product purchase programs, employee referral awards, in-house and vendor tools training.
Self-education and keeping on top of this changing industry are paramount in staying successful in this profession and we assist wherever possible.
We are a rapidly growing, leading Information Technology professional services firm specializing in managed services, infrastructure management, network solutions, security and project implementations in the South Bay. We focus on small to medium-sized professional services firms of 20 to 250 employees -- most often medical, legal, insurance, accounting and finance -- to maintain, support and advise our clients on the best technologies for their industry and business.
We are NOT a contracting, staffing or body shop; we only hire direct employees. See more at www.sagacent.com. We've been in business for more than 14 years and each year we've seen our company expand -- even during difficult downturns. So we need YOU to help us continue this trend!