Sage Hospitality Resources, LLC Employee Reviews in United States

Need more professional and experienced management.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 30, 2016
My company was a union owned and everytime you go to management the excuse was well that's up to the union. Somebody's always late union, ect. So what does and can management actually do ? 0 No room for advancement. Pay was decent and benefits were the only thing I miss and my colleges.
Pros
Good benefits after 90... apparently you can come to work later everyday and still have a job.
Cons
No breaks, never staffed or under experienced hires, management cannot make decisions themselves..
Some departments are great and they are very productive others need a lot of work with working together.
Payroll/Benefits Administrator Payroll (Payforce) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2016
Good Company to work for in most departments. Co workers and management need to work better together in some departments and other departments work very well together. The hardest part of the job was the hours and working Holidays and some weekends. The enjoyable part of the job was working with the managers and customers to make sure things got completed.
No work-life balance / high turnover / distrust of subordinates by management
Project Manager / Senior HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 20, 2015
Expectation is high of corporate employees to work on weekends and holidays (consistent with the hospitality industry in general).

There is a very high turnover rate. Employee retention appears not to be a concern or a value.

While I mostly enjoyed the work and I liked my co-workers very much too, upper management did not trust subordinates to get the job done and therefore interfered on a daily basis.
Pros
Beautiful work environment
Cons
Workload is not managed effectively (by management) which results in very little time off.
Fast paced environment
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 13, 2016
Sell sell sell, take inquires respond to emails phone calls. Much energy is needed to do this job, 50%inside 50% outside duties.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
managment
Sage Hospitality is a Good Company to work for.
Lead Concierge/ Concierge Lounge Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2016
I do all the ordering for the front desk/gift shop and the club lounge. I also do the forecast for the club lounge. I enjoy working with the guest helping them plan their stay and making their visit memorable.
I would not suggest this company
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 19, 2015
If you are looking into this company for maid services or food services I would not suggest this company. Their pay rate is horrible compared to the hours you will have to work, after working there for several months they switched me from full-time to part time with the excuse of "I was not able to work enough hours" (because of medical reasons) so I was unable to get paid vacation time or paid holidays even-though I had acquired a lot of time for both of those before being transferred. They switch management quite frequently with hardly any warning, and they have a high turnover rate. In my 11 months working here over 10 people quit and 3-5 people were fired for unreasonable means.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad management, bad pay, short breaks
Great company
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2016
Good Denver based company in hospitality. I worked in a three person accounting department and had several challenges each day. The Director of Finance was always available for teaching new procedures and brain storm new ideas.
Productive and fun place to work at
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day at work involves attending to multiple guest needs. Day to day operations vary. Signing off on payroll and maintaining multiple budgets within the front office departments.
Terrible Management
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 29, 2015
Company takes care of their employees in other different states. Do not recommend anyone to work for Sage in Texas.

Management takes advantage of their hardworking employees. Irresponsible managers.
Good Benefits and Culture
Pros
Good Benefits and Culture
Cons
worst upper management i have ever seen
chief engineer (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 8, 2015
They talk a good game but this company sucks! They’re always hiring because nobody wants to work there. They treat all there employees like garbage and they will lay you off in a second with little or no warning
Pros
staff tryed to work around bad GM and corp. Managment to keep hotel nice
Cons
upper managment
2nd Most Profitable Job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 7, 2015
Monitoring swimming guests, perform measures for emergencies, assist other lifeguards
Learned safety measures (CPR, safety board, etc.)
Management changed several times during my stay, changing and adding rules as time went on
Hardest part was dealing with the customers who were upset coming into the park
Most enjoyable was having fun with the customers who were enjoying their stay
Pros
Free lunches, fun with customers
Cons
Changing management, unhappy customers
Don't Work for Sage
Director of Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  Atlanta PerimeterJuly 28, 2015
Business model is to be deliberately understaffed. The GM & Director of Operations will want 6/12's of hands on task related work if the position is salary. They will use you and lose you.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
You have no support, no training, and no time for a personal life.
Great opportunities, locations and benefits.
Lead Bartender, Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, Colorado.August 2, 2015
Sage offers opportunities to work at many different locations nationwide, while offering 401(k) and benefits to employees. They offer training, knowledge and room for advancement within the company.
Westin Cleveland
No title (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 28, 2015
Lack of Management. Little to no communication, especially between departments. High turnover from entry level to upper management. Low pay considering the amount of responsibilities. Sage runs the operation lean.
Pros
Free lunch, which was sometimes no fully cooked, or over cooked or limited.
Cons
Low Pay, No parking for employees, Not much chance for advancement
Horrible - Indianapolis
GSR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2014
Sage is a new company in the Indianapolis area (midwest region) and it took over two hotels in the airport area. Basically anyone is employed here (experience or not). Managers don't care about you, and tend to involve your personal life into work. Managers didn't let you know what benefits you had, what the values of Sage were, so I basically had no knowledge of the company I was working for. Sage might be good in the Colorado area, but in the Indy area, they are horrible and don't know what they are doing. HORRIBLE company to work for.
Pros
non
Experienced
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 5, 2014
Fourteen years of experience in the hospitality industry with emphasis in management, including the responsibilities of general daily operations, strategic planning, site resources, financial planning and analysis, marketing and sales initiatives, internal auditing, and franchise site selection and evaluation.
horrible place to work, immature management & staff
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 5, 2014
If you'll notice, the only good reviews are about sage in CO, nothing local here in OH.

I worked for 15 months - never got a review even though sage says you're to get one annually. they do not provide any type of coaching and they're too lazy to write a review. No matter how many extra projects you take on or GSS's you get, you'll get the same raise as the people that don't offer to do anything and get complaints.

Management is as bad as the rest of the staff when it comes to gossiping.

STAY AWAY FROM HERE! they will chew you up and spit you out.
Pros
the guests are wonderful.
Cons
management (lack thereof), gossipy staff/management
Worst Company I have ever worked for !!
Concierges (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasJune 1, 2014
In San Antonio , the Eilan Hotel is managed like the local Dairy Queen . Management is Horrific and it all starts with the GM and in this property , he has no Clue. So many people have left since Jan
Of this year. The Front Office manager is so Lazy and incompetent at all levels . I don't believe Sage Hospitality has a clue how poorly this property is managed . A lot of Unhappy employees
Overall a good place to work.
Assoicate (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 22, 2012
Sage has 8 core values that incompass the company. The last of the 8 is to give back to the community. I believe that they are one of the best companies to work for if you believe in giving back, it is a great company.

As a manager in the company, I typically had all the support I needed for day to day tasks, but when it came to coming to bat for you, the corporate office shows a lot of favortism. If you are in good with your RVP, then you are set. If you are not, they don't "come to bat for you" when it counts.
Pros
giving back to community, run business like your own
Cons
low support when it really counts
Overall it's nice
Guest Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 13, 2013
A typical day at work consists of diiferent day to day duties that help run the hotel. Everyday is different, some slower than others. I've learned a lot working for Sage Hospiatlity LLC but I mostly learned what type of upper managment traits I want to take from my managers. I would say learning to communicate with my managers has been a hardship for me but has also taught me how to see other perpectives. The most enjoyble part of my job is the people I met. They are only in my life for a brief period of time but the impression left is so big. Not only do I make a difference for them but at times they make a difference in mine as well.
Pros
deals on rooms
Cons
lunch isn't long enough.

2.9