Sage Hospitality Resources, LLC

Sage Hospitality Resources, LLC Employer Reviews

Experienced
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, CONovember 5, 2014
Fourteen years of experience in the hospitality industry with emphasis in management, including the responsibilities of general daily operations, strategic planning, site resources, financial planning and analysis, marketing and sales initiatives, internal auditing, and franchise site selection and evaluation.
Horrible - Indianapolis
GSR (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2014
Pros: non
Sage is a new company in the Indianapolis area (midwest region) and it took over two hotels in the airport area. Basically anyone is employed here (experience or not). Managers don't care about you, and tend to involve your personal life into work. Managers didn't let you know what benefits you had, what the values of Sage were, so I basically had no – more... knowledge of the company I was working for. Sage might be good in the Colorado area, but in the Indy area, they are horrible and don't know what they are doing. HORRIBLE company to work for. – less
Poor Employer
HR Coordinator (Former Employee), Oceanside, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: by the beach. associates at the property were sweet people.
Cons: poor benefits, can't use your vacation until 7 months of employment, overworked, understaffed and underpaid.
Horribly understaffed with a high turnover. They know very well they expect too much from their administrative on up associates with insufficient pay. I was hired as an HR Coordinator with the responsibilities of a Director, but with the pay of a Clerk. The GM very well knew I was non-exempt, however she'd still slam me with emails and requests she – more... expected me to get done while off the clock as if I were exempt salaried. GM of the property was two faced and will suck up to corporate in order to save herself from the shady things she does. When voicing my concerns to corporate, they didn't take me seriously therefore there was no change. This job caused me a great deal of mental stress that led to nights of no sleep. Even associates would mention out of concern I looked tired and beat down. I had no choice but to leave right before I had a mental breakdown from everything being piled on me without enough resources. Do NOT work for Sage. – less
Truly great company who cares about their associates!
DOS (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 4, 2014
Pros: everything, they are awesome!
Cons: corporate office is in denver - wish they were closer!
They are an awesome company who truly care a about the work/life balance of their associates. They also care about the associates overall well being. Do not miss the opportunity to work for this amazing company!
Excellent Company - Understaffed
Property Accountant (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 18, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: work/life balance
Excellent profitable company with above average compensation, just understaffed with large workloads.
Worst Company I have ever worked for !!
Concierges (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasJune 1, 2014
In San Antonio , the Eilan Hotel is managed like the local Dairy Queen . Management is Horrific and it all starts with the GM and in this property , he has no Clue. So many people have left since Jan
Of this year. The Front Office manager is so Lazy and incompetent at all levels . I don't believe Sage Hospitality has a clue how poorly this property – more... is managed . A lot of Unhappy employees – less
Great place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, ColoradoApril 7, 2014
Great company to work for, great people and wonderful benefits.
Great company to work for
PBX Operator (Former Employee), Ogden MarriottMarch 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, supervisors helpful
Cons: unhappy guests to deal with occasionally
Enjoyed having own office and only having to worry about answering the telephone
Great Brands and committed to their associates,guests and owners
Food & Beverage Director & Asst. General Manager (Former Employee), Crystal City/Arlington, VAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: committed to the best of the best and great brands. advancement
Growth potential and a culture that is committed to being the best of the best. Very driven to the satisfaction of associates guests and ownership groups.
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Del Mar, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches, benefits
Cons: nights and weekends, hotel guests are needy
Staff get along and the work environment is friendly overall. Ownership and upper management sometimes make decisions that make you scratch your head, but overall if you are a hard worker, it's a great place to be employed.
All Talk
Front Desk (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 19, 2014
Cons: lots
They talk a good game but this company sucks! They’re always hiring because nobody wants to work there. They treat all there employees like garbage and they will lay you off in second if they have too.
Hard to get hired
Prospective employee (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 8, 2014
Have applied for numerous jobs with Sage all of which I am highly qualified for. Extremely hard to get an interview, jobs are posted then removed and re-posted several weeks later. Finally got an in-person interview and found out some of the job requirements weren't even listed in the job posting.

Very poor recruiting process.
horrible place to work, immature management & staff
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Westlake, OHJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: the guests are wonderful.
Cons: management (lack thereof), gossipy staff/management
If you'll notice, the only good reviews are about sage in CO, nothing local here in OH.

I worked for 15 months - never got a review even though sage says you're to get one annually. they do not provide any type of coaching and they're too lazy to write a review. No matter how many extra projects you take on or GSS's you get, you'll get the same raise – more... as the people that don't offer to do anything and get complaints.

Management is as bad as the rest of the staff when it comes to gossiping.

STAY AWAY FROM HERE! they will chew you up and spit you out. – less
Fun and productive company that treated its employees like family
Acting General Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits, volunteer work for various organizations, community service
Cons: the commute to and from work
* A typical work day was always positive and up beat. They made you look forward to coming to work each day.
* I learned the hospitality business very quickly and efficiently . Coming from retail, it was a new and exciting learning experience for me. I learned the ins and outs of each hotel I worked in. I learned how the front desk operates, operations, – more... housekeeping and even some maintenance.
*The management at Sage were amazing. They always had an open door policy and wanted you to learn. They were looking for the best in you and brought it out.
* My coworkers were great. They were always there when needed and treated each other like family.
* The hardest part of the job was handling those irate guests. Using the LEARN model that Marriott provided was a huge help and 9 out of 10 times, turned the bad situation into a good one.
* The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people and meeting different people each and every day. Hearing the stories people had to tell about their trips or just lending an ear to those who needed someone to listen. – less
Travel was fun.
Midwest Regional Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 9, 2013
Sage was a good place to work at from the start. I just wish they would have thought about selling off properties before hiring me. Very unfair!!
I plan to never work for them again
Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 26, 2013
My position was eliminated when Sage took over my hotel, and I was given the choice to take another management position, or not have a job. Little did I know that I would be forced to do this new job, as well as my previous one, while my title was given to another manager.

The GM they brought in was one of the most unprofessional people I've ever met. – more... He constantly missed work, or was late, and always had the most ridiculous of excuses. He also spoke very inappropriately with both management and line-level staff, telling many inappropriate stories and jokes. Looking back I wish I would have written down some of the things he said around me, I probably would have a great case.

I had the thought of getting my regular job back by corporate management, which was in my opinion, rude and unnecessary. I worked 60 hour weeks to get both of my jobs done, however I wasn't perfect in the eyes of my boss, and was let go.

I just found out that they are re-hiring for my old position which was initially eliminated, which makes me even more upset about the whole situation, as I was told it 'wasn't needed.' My whole experience with them was horrible and I will stay far away from Sage Managed properties in the future. – less
Always hiring, but never resond to applications
any applied for (Former Employee), Denver, CoAugust 6, 2013
Pros: don't know
Been in this bsiness for over thirty years. Can't ever seem to get a response when applying for one of their positions.

And everyone I talk to has the same issue with Sage.
HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Gahanna, OhioJuly 22, 2013
Pros: there were no pros to working for this company!
Cons: they don't care about their employees, and it took me 5 days after what was supposed to be payday to get my check.
I worked there for only 18 hours because the job I was doing was not the right job for me, but getting paid was HARD!!! They started working me before they had even officially hired me (in the new hiring system, so that I could get paid). I started working on the Friday they got paid, so I had to wait 2 weeks to get paid, which was fine, BUT it took – more... them 5 days AFTER I was supposed to get paid before I finally got my check, because they hadn't officially hired me in the system until THE DAY BEFORE the day I was supposed to get paid!!! I went in on pay day, and from then until I finally got my check they kept telling me "It will be here tomorrow", so I would call the next day and the next day and so on, and they kept telling me this... I will never work with that company again, and I don't advise it to anyone else!! – less
Great Company
Lead General Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 13, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: great company
They work hard to support their hotels. They have many outlets to get the information to you. Great Support.
Overall it's nice
Guest Service Specialist (Current Employee), Golden, COJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: deals on rooms
Cons: lunch isn't long enough.
A typical day at work consists of diiferent day to day duties that help run the hotel. Everyday is different, some slower than others. I've learned a lot working for Sage Hospiatlity LLC but I mostly learned what type of upper managment traits I want to take from my managers. I would say learning to communicate with my managers has been a hardship for – more... me but has also taught me how to see other perpectives. The most enjoyble part of my job is the people I met. They are only in my life for a brief period of time but the impression left is so big. Not only do I make a difference for them but at times they make a difference in mine as well. – less

About Sage Hospitality Resources, LLC

Sage Hospitality Resources is wise to the ways of luxurious lodgings. The company is a leading hotel developer and operator with – Read more