Sage Hospitality Resources, LLC Employee Reviews

Sage Hospitality is a Good Company to work for.
Lead Concierge/ Concierge Lounge Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2016
I do all the ordering for the front desk/gift shop and the club lounge. I also do the forecast for the club lounge. I enjoy working with the guest helping them plan their stay and making their visit memorable.
Great company
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2016
Good Denver based company in hospitality. I worked in a three person accounting department and had several challenges each day. The Director of Finance was always available for teaching new procedures and brain storm new ideas.
No work-life balance / high turnover / distrust of subordinates by management
Project Manager / Senior HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 20, 2015
Expectation is high of corporate employees to work on weekends and holidays (consistent with the hospitality industry in general).

There is a very high turnover rate. Employee retention appears not to be a concern or a value.

While I mostly enjoyed the work and I liked my co-workers very much too, upper management did not trust subordinates to get the job done and therefore interfered on a daily basis.
Pros
Beautiful work environment
Cons
Workload is not managed effectively (by management) which results in very little time off.
I would not suggest this company
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 19, 2015
If you are looking into this company for maid services or food services I would not suggest this company. Their pay rate is horrible compared to the hours you will have to work, after working there for several months they switched me from full-time to part time with the excuse of "I was not able to work enough hours" (because of medical reasons) so I was unable to get paid vacation time or paid holidays even-though I had acquired a lot of time for both of those before being transferred. They switch management quite frequently with hardly any warning, and they have a high turnover rate. In my 11 months working here over 10 people quit and 3-5 people were fired for unreasonable means.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad management, bad pay, short breaks
worst upper management i have ever seen
chief engineer (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 8, 2015
They talk a good game but this company sucks! They’re always hiring because nobody wants to work there. They treat all there employees like garbage and they will lay you off in a second with little or no warning
Pros
staff tryed to work around bad GM and corp. Managment to keep hotel nice
Cons
upper managment
Terrible Management
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 29, 2015
Company takes care of their employees in other different states. Do not recommend anyone to work for Sage in Texas.

Management takes advantage of their hardworking employees. Irresponsible managers.
Good Benefits and Culture
Pros
Good Benefits and Culture
Cons
Great opportunities, locations and benefits.
Lead Bartender, Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, Colorado.August 2, 2015
Sage offers opportunities to work at many different locations nationwide, while offering 401(k) and benefits to employees. They offer training, knowledge and room for advancement within the company.
Don't Work for Sage
Director of Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  Atlanta PerimeterJuly 28, 2015
Business model is to be deliberately understaffed. The GM & Director of Operations will want 6/12's of hands on task related work if the position is salary. They will use you and lose you.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
You have no support, no training, and no time for a personal life.
2nd Most Profitable Job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 7, 2015
Monitoring swimming guests, perform measures for emergencies, assist other lifeguards
Learned safety measures (CPR, safety board, etc.)
Management changed several times during my stay, changing and adding rules as time went on
Hardest part was dealing with the customers who were upset coming into the park
Most enjoyable was having fun with the customers who were enjoying their stay
Pros
Free lunches, fun with customers
Cons
Changing management, unhappy customers
Westin Cleveland
No title (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 28, 2015
Lack of Management. Little to no communication, especially between departments. High turnover from entry level to upper management. Low pay considering the amount of responsibilities. Sage runs the operation lean.
Pros
Free lunch, which was sometimes no fully cooked, or over cooked or limited.
Cons
Low Pay, No parking for employees, Not much chance for advancement
productive and respectful place to work at
Room attendent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day at work is get your cart ready stocked with linen and soap, shampoos, conditioners, etc.. in a timely manner. when cleaning the rooms all must change sheets on bed and out in fresh clean towels in bathroom. dusting all furniture, and vacuuming all rooms everyday. Usually have about 10-20 rooms a day depending on business. I have learned a lot my time here, how to clean properly and making sure there is no hair in bathrooms. I've learned that most guest that come back repeatedly, how they like their rooms cleaned and what kind of extras the will need. You can learn a lot just by how the person is and how long they plan to stay! The management is awesome, they are always there if I need help or if I can't help the customer myself then they are always their for back up. The hardest part is that its physically hard because there's a lot of moving, bending, lifting etc.. but mentally its easy remembering what goes in the rooms everyday. The enjoyable part of the job is the wonderful people you work with. I love everyone of my co workers and we truly are the meaning behind team work.
Pros
free lunches at monthly meetings, employee of the month, and recognition
Cons
short breaks, on busy days can be really long and hard
sprint telecom company
Hotel Auditor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 7, 2015
hard to sell sprint when sprint sucks, management installed microphones to listen in on employee conversation, fired people for no apparent reason other than personal vendetta
Great Culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2014
Sage is very personal with their employees. You will learn a lot and the people they have have in place can certainly lead and answer the questions. Only problem is that they are based out of Denver. So unless you live there, options for promotion are limited.
Experienced
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 5, 2014
Fourteen years of experience in the hospitality industry with emphasis in management, including the responsibilities of general daily operations, strategic planning, site resources, financial planning and analysis, marketing and sales initiatives, internal auditing, and franchise site selection and evaluation.
Horrible - Indianapolis
GSR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2014
Sage is a new company in the Indianapolis area (midwest region) and it took over two hotels in the airport area. Basically anyone is employed here (experience or not). Managers don't care about you, and tend to involve your personal life into work. Managers didn't let you know what benefits you had, what the values of Sage were, so I basically had no knowledge of the company I was working for. Sage might be good in the Colorado area, but in the Indy area, they are horrible and don't know what they are doing. HORRIBLE company to work for.
Pros
non
Poor Employer
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 25, 2014
Horribly understaffed with a high turnover. They know very well they expect too much from their administrative on up associates with insufficient pay. I was hired as an HR Coordinator with the responsibilities of a Director, but with the pay of a Clerk. The GM very well knew I was non-exempt, however she'd still slam me with emails and requests she expected me to get done while off the clock as if I were exempt salaried. GM of the property was two faced and will suck up to corporate in order to save herself from the shady things she does. When voicing my concerns to corporate, they didn't take me seriously therefore there was no change. This job caused me a great deal of mental stress that led to nights of no sleep. Even associates would mention out of concern I looked tired and beat down. I had no choice but to leave right before I had a mental breakdown from everything being piled on me without enough resources. Do NOT work for Sage.
Pros
by the beach. associates at the property were sweet people.
Cons
poor benefits, can't use your vacation until 7 months of employment, overworked, understaffed and underpaid.
Truly great company who cares about their associates!
DOS (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 4, 2014
They are an awesome company who truly care a about the work/life balance of their associates. They also care about the associates overall well being. Do not miss the opportunity to work for this amazing company!
Pros
everything, they are awesome!
Cons
corporate office is in denver - wish they were closer!
Excellent Company - Understaffed
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 18, 2014
Excellent profitable company with above average compensation, just understaffed with large workloads.
Pros
compensation
Cons
work/life balance
Worst Company I have ever worked for !!
Concierges (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasJune 1, 2014
In San Antonio , the Eilan Hotel is managed like the local Dairy Queen . Management is Horrific and it all starts with the GM and in this property , he has no Clue. So many people have left since Jan
Of this year. The Front Office manager is so Lazy and incompetent at all levels . I don't believe Sage Hospitality has a clue how poorly this property is managed . A lot of Unhappy employees
Great place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, ColoradoApril 7, 2014
Great company to work for, great people and wonderful benefits.

2.9