Pros: great benefits, volunteer work for various organizations, community service
Cons: the commute to and from work
* A typical work day was always positive and up beat. They made you look forward to coming to work each day.
* I learned the hospitality business very quickly and efficiently . Coming from retail, it was a new and exciting learning experience for me. I learned the ins and outs of each hotel I worked in. I learned how the front desk operates, operations, – more... housekeeping and even some maintenance.
*The management at Sage were amazing. They always had an open door policy and wanted you to learn. They were looking for the best in you and brought it out.
* My coworkers were great. They were always there when needed and treated each other like family.
* The hardest part of the job was handling those irate guests. Using the LEARN model that Marriott provided was a huge help and 9 out of 10 times, turned the bad situation into a good one.
* The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people and meeting different people each and every day. Hearing the stories people had to tell about their trips or just lending an ear to those who needed someone to listen. – less