Sage Hospitality Resources, LLC

Sage Hospitality Resources, LLC Employer Reviews

productive and respectful place to work at
Room attendent (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches at monthly meetings, employee of the month, and recognition
Cons: short breaks, on busy days can be really long and hard
A typical day at work is get your cart ready stocked with linen and soap, shampoos, conditioners, etc.. in a timely manner. when cleaning the rooms all must change sheets on bed and out in fresh clean towels in bathroom. dusting all furniture, and vacuuming all rooms everyday. Usually have about 10-20 rooms a day depending on business. I have learned a lot my time here, how to clean properly and making sure there is no hair in bathrooms. I've learned that most guest that come back repeatedly, how they like their rooms cleaned and what kind of extras the will need. You can learn a lot just by how the person is and how long they plan to stay! The management is awesome, they are always there if I need help or if I can't help the customer myself then they are always their for back up. The hardest part is that its physically hard because there's a lot of moving, bending, lifting etc.. but mentally its easy remembering what goes in the rooms everyday. The enjoyable part of the job is the wonderful people you work with. I love everyone of my co workers and we truly are the meaning behind team work.
sprint telecom company
Hotel Auditor (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 7, 2015
hard to sell sprint when sprint sucks, management installed microphones to listen in on employee conversation, fired people for no apparent reason other than personal vendetta
Great Culture
Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 3, 2014
Sage is very personal with their employees. You will learn a lot and the people they have have in place can certainly lead and answer the questions. Only problem is that they are based out of Denver. So unless you live there, options for promotion are limited.
Experienced
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, CONovember 5, 2014
Fourteen years of experience in the hospitality industry with emphasis in management, including the responsibilities of general daily operations, strategic planning, site resources, financial planning and analysis, marketing and sales initiatives, internal auditing, and franchise site selection and evaluation.
Horrible - Indianapolis
GSR (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2014
Pros: non
Sage is a new company in the Indianapolis area (midwest region) and it took over two hotels in the airport area. Basically anyone is employed here (experience or not). Managers don't care about you, and tend to involve your personal life into work. Managers didn't let you know what benefits you had, what the values of Sage were, so I basically had no knowledge of the company I was working for. Sage might be good in the Colorado area, but in the Indy area, they are horrible and don't know what they are doing. HORRIBLE company to work for.
Poor Employer
HR Coordinator (Former Employee), Oceanside, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: by the beach. associates at the property were sweet people.
Cons: poor benefits, can't use your vacation until 7 months of employment, overworked, understaffed and underpaid.
Horribly understaffed with a high turnover. They know very well they expect too much from their administrative on up associates with insufficient pay. I was hired as an HR Coordinator with the responsibilities of a Director, but with the pay of a Clerk. The GM very well knew I was non-exempt, however she'd still slam me with emails and requests she expected me to get done while off the clock as if I were exempt salaried. GM of the property was two faced and will suck up to corporate in order to save herself from the shady things she does. When voicing my concerns to corporate, they didn't take me seriously therefore there was no change. This job caused me a great deal of mental stress that led to nights of no sleep. Even associates would mention out of concern I looked tired and beat down. I had no choice but to leave right before I had a mental breakdown from everything being piled on me without enough resources. Do NOT work for Sage.
Truly great company who cares about their associates!
DOS (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 4, 2014
Pros: everything, they are awesome!
Cons: corporate office is in denver - wish they were closer!
They are an awesome company who truly care a about the work/life balance of their associates. They also care about the associates overall well being. Do not miss the opportunity to work for this amazing company!
Excellent Company - Understaffed
Property Accountant (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 18, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: work/life balance
Excellent profitable company with above average compensation, just understaffed with large workloads.
Worst Company I have ever worked for !!
Concierges (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasJune 1, 2014
In San Antonio , the Eilan Hotel is managed like the local Dairy Queen . Management is Horrific and it all starts with the GM and in this property , he has no Clue. So many people have left since Jan
Of this year. The Front Office manager is so Lazy and incompetent at all levels . I don't believe Sage Hospitality has a clue how poorly this property is managed . A lot of Unhappy employees
Great place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, ColoradoApril 7, 2014
Great company to work for, great people and wonderful benefits.
Great company to work for
PBX Operator (Former Employee), Ogden MarriottMarch 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, supervisors helpful
Cons: unhappy guests to deal with occasionally
Enjoyed having own office and only having to worry about answering the telephone
Great Brands and committed to their associates,guests and owners
Food & Beverage Director & Asst. General Manager (Former Employee), Crystal City/Arlington, VAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: committed to the best of the best and great brands. advancement
Growth potential and a culture that is committed to being the best of the best. Very driven to the satisfaction of associates guests and ownership groups.
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Del Mar, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches, benefits
Cons: nights and weekends, hotel guests are needy
Staff get along and the work environment is friendly overall. Ownership and upper management sometimes make decisions that make you scratch your head, but overall if you are a hard worker, it's a great place to be employed.
All Talk
Front Desk (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 19, 2014
Cons: lots
They talk a good game but this company sucks! They’re always hiring because nobody wants to work there. They treat all there employees like garbage and they will lay you off in second if they have too.
Hard to get hired
Prospective employee (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 8, 2014
Have applied for numerous jobs with Sage all of which I am highly qualified for. Extremely hard to get an interview, jobs are posted then removed and re-posted several weeks later. Finally got an in-person interview and found out some of the job requirements weren't even listed in the job posting.

Very poor recruiting process.
horrible place to work, immature management & staff
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Westlake, OHJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: the guests are wonderful.
Cons: management (lack thereof), gossipy staff/management
If you'll notice, the only good reviews are about sage in CO, nothing local here in OH.

I worked for 15 months - never got a review even though sage says you're to get one annually. they do not provide any type of coaching and they're too lazy to write a review. No matter how many extra projects you take on or GSS's you get, you'll get the same raise as the people that don't offer to do anything and get complaints.

Management is as bad as the rest of the staff when it comes to gossiping.

STAY AWAY FROM HERE! they will chew you up and spit you out.
Fun and productive company that treated its employees like family
Acting General Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits, volunteer work for various organizations, community service
Cons: the commute to and from work
* A typical work day was always positive and up beat. They made you look forward to coming to work each day.
* I learned the hospitality business very quickly and efficiently . Coming from retail, it was a new and exciting learning experience for me. I learned the ins and outs of each hotel I worked in. I learned how the front desk operates, operations, housekeeping and even some maintenance.
*The management at Sage were amazing. They always had an open door policy and wanted you to learn. They were looking for the best in you and brought it out.
* My coworkers were great. They were always there when needed and treated each other like family.
* The hardest part of the job was handling those irate guests. Using the LEARN model that Marriott provided was a huge help and 9 out of 10 times, turned the bad situation into a good one.
* The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people and meeting different people each and every day. Hearing the stories people had to tell about their trips or just lending an ear to those who needed someone to listen.
Travel was fun.
Midwest Regional Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 9, 2013
Sage was a good place to work at from the start. I just wish they would have thought about selling off properties before hiring me. Very unfair!!
I plan to never work for them again
Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 26, 2013
My position was eliminated when Sage took over my hotel, and I was given the choice to take another management position, or not have a job. Little did I know that I would be forced to do this new job, as well as my previous one, while my title was given to another manager.

The GM they brought in was one of the most unprofessional people I've ever met. He constantly missed work, or was late, and always had the most ridiculous of excuses. He also spoke very inappropriately with both management and line-level staff, telling many inappropriate stories and jokes. Looking back I wish I would have written down some of the things he said around me, I probably would have a great case.

I had the thought of getting my regular job back by corporate management, which was in my opinion, rude and unnecessary. I worked 60 hour weeks to get both of my jobs done, however I wasn't perfect in the eyes of my boss, and was let go.

I just found out that they are re-hiring for my old position which was initially eliminated, which makes me even more upset about the whole situation, as I was told it 'wasn't needed.' My whole experience with them was horrible and I will stay far away from Sage Managed properties in the future.
Always hiring, but never resond to applications
any applied for (Former Employee), Denver, CoAugust 6, 2013
Pros: don't know
Been in this bsiness for over thirty years. Can't ever seem to get a response when applying for one of their positions.

And everyone I talk to has the same issue with Sage.

About Sage Hospitality Resources, LLC

Sage Hospitality Resources is wise to the ways of luxurious lodgings. The company is a leading hotel developer and operator with – Read more