Sage Hospitality Employee Reviews

Management could care less
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 17, 2017
The answer was always "You need to cover the shift." "We work a minimum of 10 hours every day no matter what." During the interview process, same management boasted about the quality of work/life balance. As a department manager, I understand the needs to cover shifts but other management could also lend a hand. Instead they take multiple vacations and "work from home" which doesn't make sense for a hotel manager. I constantly work over 60+ hours a week with many back to back shifts. Days off are few and far between.

I know the company as a whole is great. There are opportunities to move up. This specific property is terribly ran. The staff moral is very low and management blames the staff for the concerns.
Enjoyable work enviorment
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2017
Typical day at work is dealing with guest, must be sociable
Learned how to communicate better
Management is 50/50
Most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with guest
Pros
positive enviorment
Cons
pay for your own lunches
I like the people I work with. HR and management is very understanding and nice.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 12, 2017
I enjoyed the Managment. The pace is nice. The only thing I did not like was no holiday pay and you have to work holidays. The pay was really good and so was the heath benefits
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
No holiday pay
It's a good place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2017
This job like any job has their issues but overall the company is a good company. There are nice benefits and the incentives are good as well. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Hope you enjoy micromanagement and no trust!
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Courtyard Marriott Portland city centerMay 29, 2017
Starts out well. Promise the world and micromanage the heck out of you. Typical day includes being micromanaged by the hotel GM. Learned that if they want you gone they will find a way. Restaurant GM is high functioning and fair. Hotel GM is a micromanaging piece of work with low morals. Sage corporate seems fair, but needs to rein this property in. Hardest pat of the job is the hotel GM. Some of the mid management and employees are great people that deserve so much better. Clique of restaurant morning staff with no morals whatsoever. Knowing what I know now I can honestly say, if you aren't desperate for work, don't bother. You'll regret it!
Pros
Some staff
Cons
Miserable place to work!
Bad for business
Door Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2017
Tons of favoritism, nobody stands up for what's right, and you barely getting hours to make a decent living. Cliques in every department, tons of gossip, and not many happy employers. They'll go above and beyond for guests, but not for the employees who contribute to daily operations and guest experiences. Management sucks BIG TIME!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
Make it a stepping stone......
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2017
I worked here for almost a year. No supervisors in the beginning management barely around popped in a few times barely available very dismissive and non nonchalant when it comes to issues. Not welcoming at all. When they finally hired a supervisor they hired someone who had no idea what they were doing which hindered you rather than helped you! You're basically on a sinking ship.. Communication is non existent management never helped directly with any guest issues, everything had to be handled by ourselves and when it went wrong everything fell on you. So much stress for no reason but the workers here were wonderful they were the reason I stayed for as long as I did.Absolutely no room for advancement from my short time here they will look outside before they promote internally especially at the front desk. I've seen it happen multiple times. The only thing I miss about this place is the people I worked with. If you do chose to apply here make it a stepping stone or a part time job. This place it wasn't horrible the pay was nice but I'm happy I left.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Managers are a like a clique of highschool girls
Doorman/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 29, 2017
Renaissance Hotel in downtown Pittsburgh. Guests were always fantastic; however the managers were all good friends and literally acted like a clique of high school girls. Even when going above and beyond expectations, they would nit pick just to start their own drama. Awful. Not to mention employees regularly got sick eating the food that was provided as well as a few guests in the restaurant on property.
Pros
The guests.
Cons
Everything else.
not so great
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2017
I would review the company , sage hospitality as very stressful, no work life balance, very one sided, a place where gossip rules the day. a place where your told your appreciated, but not shown the same.
Best place I've worked in a while.
Bistro Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 19, 2017
When I first started there, I was a server. When our then supervisor left, I was quickly promoted to the position. I am still currently in the position. There is a lot of teamwork among departments and I have learned scheduling and banquet serving as a result of working there. My favorite part of any job I have had is meeting new people and as this is a hotel environment, I have been lucky to meet people from all over the world.
Bordened Experience
Night Auditor/ Account Payable Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2017
• Possessed an expert level knowledge of property management system (PMS), Microsoft programs, and various other front office operational equipment.
• Verified the accurate posting of daily hotel charges: room/tax, restaurant, and outlets of the hotel and processing payment(s).
• Accounts Receivable responsibilities: Posted daily deposits, communicate with clients regarding billing discrepancies/questions, maintained ledgers, update and log call sheets, and prepared/processed invoices.
Summary
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2017
● Total sales, marketing communications, catering sales, event management, revenue management and public relations for $30 million business.
● Hired 2 department heads and 2 managers
Pros
living in Chicago
Cons
distance from my kids
Great people and creative atmosphere
Culinary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 15, 2017
SRG is a brand to be reckoned with. Great concept restaurants, growth potential. Decent benefits. The CEO's care about the brand they've created and genuinely care about their employees.
Pros
Great people, creative atmosphere
Cons
Pay could be higher, better raises
It was a great atmosphere
It's a nice place to work it (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge LaJanuary 2, 2017
I just love the people that work that it was so nice and wonderful I take pride in my work at Sage overall I love the job it was some great co-workers and everything that I love
Pros
Not enough guidance
Cons
Wonderful atmosphere
Difficult Management
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2016
The managers would watch as we killed ourselves while being short staffed. Promotions were not given and there was little recognition for good work.
Management was not the nicest, and it seemed that the way management was treated vs. the way hourly staff was treated was like day and night. Training was very poor, and pay was less than other management companies offered in the area.
Fast past,fun and friendly place to work
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2016
Fast pace and always keeping a smile on your face. ready for all challenges and provide solutions . never to say no and be creative and how to say yes.
Pros
Great support
Cons
very busey
DON'T waste your time!!!!!
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Farmingville, NYAugust 5, 2016
My typical day at work was correcting everyone else's DAILY mistakes. A lot of the time these were the same "mistakes" being made over & over again; in reality, it was just laziness & an "I don't care" attitude--all by people who claim to have been in the Hospitality business for years.

I did, however, learn a new system which I can now include on my resume. This is the ONLY positive thing I can say about the company.

Management was USELESS & completely unwilling to see anything other than their own side of everything. They were ALWAYS right about everything (even when they weren't) & on occasion were even rude & disrespectful to clients (which I often heard during my overnight shift). Though they CLAIMED to have an "open door" policy, this was not the case. They would not make themselves available to me because they did not want to pay overtime (which would be the only way I could address concerns, questions, etc. based on my shift). They had their favorites & a "you don't need to know" attitude which they encouraged their favorites to practice as well. Due to my shift I was the "you" that didn't need to know.

My co-workers, along with adopting the "you don't need to know" theory, would routinely refuse to perform all the duties of their job description. The phone would often ring multiple times (something I observed quite a bit while I was "handing off the shift") & were not willing or able to multitask.

The hardest part of the job was the parking situation. Clients complained on a nightly basis there was not adequate parking.

The most enjoyable part
  more... of the job was my shift. I did not need work/life balance.  less
Pros
My shift
Cons
Too many to list
Fast paced environment
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 13, 2016
Sell sell sell, take inquires respond to emails phone calls. Much energy is needed to do this job, 50%inside 50% outside duties.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
managment
Need more professional and experienced management.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 30, 2016
My company was a union owned and everytime you go to management the excuse was well that's up to the union. Somebody's always late union, ect. So what does and can management actually do ? 0 No room for advancement. Pay was decent and benefits were the only thing I miss and my colleges.
Pros
Good benefits after 90... apparently you can come to work later everyday and still have a job.
Cons
No breaks, never staffed or under experienced hires, management cannot make decisions themselves..
Good benefits and free meal
Director of Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 23, 2016
Sage Hospitality is a good company to work for:

Pros
1. Growth potential for the right person.
2. Benfefits were very good
3. Culture is very good

Cons:
1. If they want you out they will make up things or set you up to get rid of you.
2. Need to know what is going on in the property level more. They might be surprised.