Sage Hospitality Employee Reviews

Summary
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2017
● Total sales, marketing communications, catering sales, event management, revenue management and public relations for $30 million business.
● Hired 2 department heads and 2 managers
Pros
living in Chicago
Cons
distance from my kids
Great people and creative atmosphere
Culinary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 15, 2017
SRG is a brand to be reckoned with. Great concept restaurants, growth potential. Decent benefits. The CEO's care about the brand they've created and genuinely care about their employees.
Pros
Great people, creative atmosphere
Cons
Pay could be higher, better raises
It was a great atmosphere
It's a nice place to work it (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge LaJanuary 2, 2017
I just love the people that work that it was so nice and wonderful I take pride in my work at Sage overall I love the job it was some great co-workers and everything that I love
Pros
Not enough guidance
Cons
Wonderful atmosphere
Difficult Management
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2016
The managers would watch as we killed ourselves while being short staffed. Promotions were not given and there was little recognition for good work.
Management was not the nicest, and it seemed that the way management was treated vs. the way hourly staff was treated was like day and night. Training was very poor, and pay was less than other management companies offered in the area.
Fast past,fun and friendly place to work
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2016
Fast pace and always keeping a smile on your face. ready for all challenges and provide solutions . never to say no and be creative and how to say yes.
Pros
Great support
Cons
very busey
DON'T waste your time!!!!!
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Farmingville, NYAugust 5, 2016
My typical day at work was correcting everyone else's DAILY mistakes. A lot of the time these were the same "mistakes" being made over & over again; in reality, it was just laziness & an "I don't care" attitude--all by people who claim to have been in the Hospitality business for years.

I did, however, learn a new system which I can now include on my resume. This is the ONLY positive thing I can say about the company.

Management was USELESS & completely unwilling to see anything other than their own side of everything. They were ALWAYS right about everything (even when they weren't) & on occasion were even rude & disrespectful to clients (which I often heard during my overnight shift). Though they CLAIMED to have an "open door" policy, this was not the case. They would not make themselves available to me because they did not want to pay overtime (which would be the only way I could address concerns, questions, etc. based on my shift). They had their favorites & a "you don't need to know" attitude which they encouraged their favorites to practice as well. Due to my shift I was the "you" that didn't need to know.

My co-workers, along with adopting the "you don't need to know" theory, would routinely refuse to perform all the duties of their job description. The phone would often ring multiple times (something I observed quite a bit while I was "handing off the shift") & were not willing or able to multitask.

The hardest part of the job was the parking situation. Clients complained on a nightly basis there was not adequate parking.

The most enjoyable part
  more... of the job was my shift. I did not need work/life balance.  less
Pros
My shift
Cons
Too many to list
Fast paced environment
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 13, 2016
Sell sell sell, take inquires respond to emails phone calls. Much energy is needed to do this job, 50%inside 50% outside duties.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
managment
Need more professional and experienced management.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 30, 2016
My company was a union owned and everytime you go to management the excuse was well that's up to the union. Somebody's always late union, ect. So what does and can management actually do ? 0 No room for advancement. Pay was decent and benefits were the only thing I miss and my colleges.
Pros
Good benefits after 90... apparently you can come to work later everyday and still have a job.
Cons
No breaks, never staffed or under experienced hires, management cannot make decisions themselves..
Good benefits and free meal
Director of Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 23, 2016
Sage Hospitality is a good company to work for:

Pros
1. Growth potential for the right person.
2. Benfefits were very good
3. Culture is very good

Cons:
1. If they want you out they will make up things or set you up to get rid of you.
2. Need to know what is going on in the property level more. They might be surprised.
Some departments are great and they are very productive others need a lot of work with working together.
Payroll/Benefits Administrator Payroll (Payforce) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2016
Good Company to work for in most departments. Co workers and management need to work better together in some departments and other departments work very well together. The hardest part of the job was the hours and working Holidays and some weekends. The enjoyable part of the job was working with the managers and customers to make sure things got completed.
Productive and fun place to work at
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day at work involves attending to multiple guest needs. Day to day operations vary. Signing off on payroll and maintaining multiple budgets within the front office departments.
Sage Hospitality is a Good Company to work for.
Lead Concierge/ Concierge Lounge Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2016
I do all the ordering for the front desk/gift shop and the club lounge. I also do the forecast for the club lounge. I enjoy working with the guest helping them plan their stay and making their visit memorable.
Great company
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2016
Good Denver based company in hospitality. I worked in a three person accounting department and had several challenges each day. The Director of Finance was always available for teaching new procedures and brain storm new ideas.
No work-life balance / high turnover / distrust of subordinates by management
Project Manager / Senior HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 20, 2015
Expectation is high of corporate employees to work on weekends and holidays (consistent with the hospitality industry in general).

There is a very high turnover rate. Employee retention appears not to be a concern or a value.

While I mostly enjoyed the work and I liked my co-workers very much too, upper management did not trust subordinates to get the job done and therefore interfered on a daily basis.
Pros
Beautiful work environment
Cons
Workload is not managed effectively (by management) which results in very little time off.
I would not suggest this company
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 19, 2015
If you are looking into this company for maid services or food services I would not suggest this company. Their pay rate is horrible compared to the hours you will have to work, after working there for several months they switched me from full-time to part time with the excuse of "I was not able to work enough hours" (because of medical reasons) so I was unable to get paid vacation time or paid holidays even-though I had acquired a lot of time for both of those before being transferred. They switch management quite frequently with hardly any warning, and they have a high turnover rate. In my 11 months working here over 10 people quit and 3-5 people were fired for unreasonable means.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad management, bad pay, short breaks
worst upper management i have ever seen
chief engineer (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 8, 2015
They talk a good game but this company sucks! They’re always hiring because nobody wants to work there. They treat all there employees like garbage and they will lay you off in a second with little or no warning
Pros
staff tryed to work around bad GM and corp. Managment to keep hotel nice
Cons
upper managment
Terrible Management
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 29, 2015
Company takes care of their employees in other different states. Do not recommend anyone to work for Sage in Texas.

Management takes advantage of their hardworking employees. Irresponsible managers.
Good Benefits and Culture
Pros
Good Benefits and Culture
Cons
Great opportunities, locations and benefits.
Lead Bartender, Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, Colorado.August 2, 2015
Sage offers opportunities to work at many different locations nationwide, while offering 401(k) and benefits to employees. They offer training, knowledge and room for advancement within the company.
Don't Work for Sage
Director of Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  Atlanta PerimeterJuly 28, 2015
Business model is to be deliberately understaffed. The GM & Director of Operations will want 6/12's of hands on task related work if the position is salary. They will use you and lose you.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
You have no support, no training, and no time for a personal life.
2nd Most Profitable Job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 7, 2015
Monitoring swimming guests, perform measures for emergencies, assist other lifeguards
Learned safety measures (CPR, safety board, etc.)
Management changed several times during my stay, changing and adding rules as time went on
Hardest part was dealing with the customers who were upset coming into the park
Most enjoyable was having fun with the customers who were enjoying their stay
Pros
Free lunches, fun with customers
Cons
Changing management, unhappy customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sage Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9