Job Summary (Purpose): Directs the development and/or improvement of manufacturing processes and equipment efficiencies.
Duties & Responsibilities (Major):
1. Evaluates manufacturing processes and equipment in assigned areas. Recommend changes in methods, equipment, maintenance (methods and frequency) and personnel utilization.
2. Identify KPI’s and factors affecting them for assigned areas. Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures into the production environment.
3. Working closely with Production Supervisors and hourly production team members, track and improve performance on KPI’s. Implement a visual management system for KPI’s.
4. Lead cross-functional teams as needed to champion continuous improvement results. Report progress on improvement action plans and obtained results to plant and senior management.
5. Evaluate training needs for assigned areas. Develop and deliver technical training as needed.
6. Work closely with plant personnel and vendors to ensure timely, on-budget completion of capital projects. Serve as team leader for all capital projects.
7. Supervise packaging room maintenance personnel.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience (Minimum Required):
1. Masters of Science degree in Packaging, Manufacturing Technology, Electrical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering Preferred
2. Two to five years of modern plant manufacturing experience preferred
3. Certification from Institute of Packing Professionals desired, but not required
4. Demonstrated success in manufacturing process improvement, data collection and design.
5. Must be able to analyze data for the utilization of engineering methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired):
1. Demonstrable knowledge of manufacturing concepts, troubleshooting, and modern technology;
2. Excellent communication skills across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
3. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
4. Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office suite, statistical programs, cad or other engineering software.
5. Strong analytical and math skills.
6. Ability to provide leadership without direct authority. Positively impact outcomes by influence rather than by relying on directives.