Sage Employee Reviews

Collection Support to Sales Team through direct customers
Manager, Collections (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2017
Providing support to our sales team regarding all things related to collections from their customers.

I developed patience and a higher level of professionalism as result of dealing with our sales team. Also learned a lot about the software industry.

The workplace culture was professional, fair and conducive to promoting productivity.

The hardest part of the job, at times, was dealing with the Sales Team.

Working with the staff and peers was the best part of the job.
Pros
Office Work Environment, the staff
Cons
At times we were hamstrung in our collection efforts
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 10, 2017
Realistic goals with great pay. Very relaxed environment which is great for self- motivated people. Management very helpful. Great Benefits. Great work/life balance
Pros
Work/ Life Balance
Cons
Location/ traffic
Great place to work but questionable leadership.
Merchant Admin (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 5, 2017
I love my work family here and the job itself. My direct leader was amazing as were most of the employees. The compensation is comparable for my area and training was " dive right it."
Pros
Close knit crew
Cons
Training
One of the best.
ISO Owner (Former Employee) –  Central FloridaJuly 1, 2017
Sage Payment Solutions is one of the best places to work. Well this wasn't really work for me. This was a good business model that I really enjoyed having.
great place
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 29, 2017
Decal is a great place to work. The managers have your best interest at heart and want to see you succeed. Also everyone there is very helpful and understanding.
Great Place
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2017
This is a great company to work for. The most difficult part was actually getting into the company. On average from initial interview to offer is about 60-90 days.
Great culture and fast paced
Vice President Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 13, 2017
Leading, directing sales organization to exceed sales targets. Budgeting and forecasting. Sat on executive team to set the course of the organization with new products, marketing, policies and procedures.
Pros
great people
Cons
None really, great company
terrible
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 7, 2017
sage is out of touch with policies. they have to like you in order for you to suceed. If they dont like you you are gone even if they have to break policy to get rid of you.
Great place to work. Management produced a relaxed work place.
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed solving the customer's issues with the accounting software or issues with he network setup. Professional environment and management was very helpful.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
No room for advancement. Small company.
High turnover rate
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 5, 2017
Seasonal employment (not disclosed during hiring)
out of hundreds of people that were hired only 5 out of those were hired. If you are seeking a long term career this is not the place for you. Seasonal it works.
Stay Away
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  USAJune 2, 2017
Senior management changes every few years and they try something new to make money. The rank and file managers never change and are just there to keep the staff appeased.
Pros
Generous PTO
Cons
Everything else
Contract
Contract Sales recruiter (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 20, 2017
One of the best groups of people I have ever worked with. I was only on contract for about 6 months but I met some great people that I know I'll be staying in touch with for years!
Pros
Environment
New company...
Closing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 20, 2017
Its a new collant, things can only get better. Hopefully sonner better than later. Looking forward To it. Or has mot been that bad at all. For a new company the experince has been ok.
Corporate environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 18, 2017
The company environment was not as friendly as it could have been. Many people felt that communication to staff was less than transparent. Perhaps changes in the future will improve the culture.
Flexible career
Account Manager - Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for Sage. There seemed to be a large disconnect between the management & employees though. Great work life balance & there are opportunities to grow within the company.
Used to be a great place to work
Sage 300 ERP, Client Account Manager II (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 14, 2017
No real appreciateion for employees. Benefits are great but managemnet is clueless. One department doesn't know what the other is doing. Massive layoff of employess even if they meet or exceed annual goals. Goals are changed mid or middle of the month if they are given on time.
Benefits
Cons
Management is clueless
Good Place to work
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 13, 2017
Great Culture, Great Environment, Very good CEO, approachable and he connects with the works at all levels. Could benefit from increased diversity in management which is being improved.
Pros
CEO Leadership
When 136% quota means you "Meet Expectations"
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2017
I worked here 5 years; last year I exceeded my quota by 36% and was told I 'meet expectations' not 'exceed' because the product I work on was not successful in 2016; so basically if the executive and management teams make bad decisions, SALES PAYS FOR IT.

I was naive to stay here so long, don't be like me, go where you have a future.
Positive reviews are false- Beware.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2017
Sage tops the list for the most dysfunctional, toxic wasteland of a company, morale is so low it cannot be measured. I would not recommend working here to my worst enemy. The only positive to speak of after the dreadful walk through the doors, are your colleagues. Who are all going through the same dismal day in day out abuse, which no one speaks out against out of fear of rocking the boat and getting fired.
Sales goals change and increase mid month (if given at all) or increase the day after the month has closed killing your commission. Employees have been forced to pay commissions back or threatened to be fired.
Performance plans are handed out as often as the free candy. Managers are required to select one person on every team regardless of performance to be on plan. Most that are on plan are achieving well over 100% of quota. Goals given to eliminate this PIP (Performance Plan) change once the goal is achieved like a moving target. This can go on for several months until all goals that have been set are achieved, then a a subjective goal is given that is not measurable or attainable.
I find it comical that a company on a hiring freeze that has fired well over half of its staff this year has job openings posted. False growth, as well as advancement opportunities do not exist here.
Stay away, unless you are desperate, do not care to have a voice, and you prefer to be micromanaged work for Sage.
Pros
Collegues, free candy.
Cons
All of the above
Good, not great company to work for
Technical Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 7, 2017
Pay is generally good, though bonuses are sketchy. Constantly changing upper management results in constant changes which becomes frustrating. Co-workers and middle management are very personable and helpful. Vacation time is great.

Hard to move up in the company based on limited available positions. Most moves seem to be horizontal or diagonal.
Pros
Pay, vacation time
Cons
Lack of telecommuting options, layoffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9