SAGEBRUSH STEAKHOUSE Employee Reviews

Productive, fun,
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Middlesboro, KYJanuary 18, 2018
I liked working there because we were all like a big family. Sometimes we fussed and got frustrated with each other but at the end of the week, the problem was solved.
Pros
Free lunches, breaks
Fast-paced and fun
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Reidsville, NCJanuary 11, 2018
It’s a great place to work and would definitely recommend to others as a place of employment. There are no benefits being a server but the hours are great and they work well with your availability.
Nothing more, nothing less
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 11, 2018
Not enough hours, no training as you was basically thrown in your job to figure out yourself. The pay was a little more then expected and the co workers were nice. Probably a good starter job!!!!! Place was a little out of code for health inspections i do admit.
Pros
Laid back, easy work
Cons
No training, no hours, slow paced
Fast paced environment
Head Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 6, 2018
Very fast paced environment, like any other job in a restaurant kitchen would be. Not very many opportunities for advancement. Little to no benefit options.
The woman I worked with were just flat out mean and rude. I only made 3.25$ an hour plus tipouts. My bi weekly check was 82 dolla
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 6, 2018
The women I worked with were just flat out mean and rude. I only made 3.25$ an hour plus tipouts. My bi weekly check was only 82 dollars at the highest. And my highest top out was 25$
I do not recommend working at the location in Morristown.
Pros
One free meal for lunch
Cons
Pay rate, environment
Great place to work with some great people.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCDecember 26, 2017
Awesome place to work and is always improving to make the job manageable. Great staff, as well as, a great atmosphere. It is easy to become complacent, but with the changing environment, that was not a problem.
Fast paced work environment
Bartender & Server (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCDecember 6, 2017
This was a okay place to work for. The management I worked for at the time wasn't too fair. The work environment was ok, and fun at times. Very busy restaurant.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Poor management
A stressful and slow-paced workplace.
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Middlesboro, KYDecember 3, 2017
Most of the managers are kind and funny, but there are several who are rude and mean to the employees. Not all of the managers were very understanding for their workers that were in school (high school or college), and often did not wish to work with the school schedule provided.
Pros
Kind coworkers and a supportive team.
Cons
Short breaks and a stressful, slow-paced day.
Sagebrush
Hostess/Busser/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCNovember 27, 2017
I did not enjoy working at Sagebrush. We were always understaffed and I picked up more duties than I got paid for. I was hired as a hostess/busser but I also worked as a server, food runner and anything else that needed staffing.
Fun place to work just need more stability
Server (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCNovember 9, 2017
Better be prepared to work your butt off. Very fast paced and hard to do. I just need more stability and get back into what I'm good at where I can better utilize my skills

Want to know more about SAGEBRUSH STEAKHOUSE?

Ask a question
Sagebrush Steakhouse
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Canton, NCOctober 11, 2017
I loved working there the people are amazing. My manager was a great manager, he started training me as a waitress then let me explore being a hostess, and ultimately was training me for a manager position.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No benifits
Don't recommend
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCSeptember 28, 2017
When I worked here I did not receive the proper training. The managers I had were not very helpful. I had to rely on my coworkers who had been there for a long time to help.
productive
server,server trainer, cashier (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCSeptember 20, 2017
make sure that there was fresh coffee and make tea if needed clean the section I was assigned to I would train a new server and test them out management changed all the time all servers got along and helped eachother out if they got in the weeds
Enjoyed Working for This Company
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VASeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company . It is a very fast paced work atmosphere. The management was wonderful. I just needed a better paying job with career advancement.
Pros
Great management, Fast Paced
Cons
Wages, Benefits
Productive and fun work place
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Denver, NCAugust 31, 2017
Sagebrush is a very fast paced work environment so if your gonna work there be sure to stay on your toes and keep up and also there is a lot of pressure on the servers so be sure to remember your seating charts and sections.
Pros
Good lunch breaks
Cons
Long work days
Sagebrush Steakhouse
Lead Server/Server (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCAugust 31, 2017
This was my first restaurant job. It was very exciting to earn cash at the end of my shift. It was great experience to be trained by a corporate business it was very efficient.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Had to work every Sunday.
loved the people made no money
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCAugust 28, 2017
nice fun employees and management but wasnt making enough to cover sitter and profit they managrd working with my hours but always got cut early because i was new and it wasnt busy enough to make very much per ahift
Unclean!
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCAugust 18, 2017
ROACHES!!!!! When the kitchen in the restaurant has roaches in it and the mangers do nothing about it, there is something wrong with that. Also when the mangers allow the employees to chew chewing tobacco in the kitchen while they are preparing food for the guest there is a problem with that as well. Very unclean!
Pros
The customers
Cons
Co-worker and Mangers
Fun workplace environment easy first job
Host (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 6, 2017
Slow speed makes for easy work day. Aweful management. Probably the most complaints I've ever heard for a restaurant. Horrible work conditions. Made to work off the clock at times.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Management that ignores laws sometimes
Very bad management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCJune 25, 2017
This was my first time with the experience to be a waitress and I was not taught very well. The management was very unorganized and didn't take care of what the public wanted.