SAGEBRUSH STEAKHOUSE Employee Reviews

Fun job, great management team, learned many new skills
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAApril 13, 2017
Sagebrush was the first food service job I have had since High School. I used this job to fill time while attending school, and was able to learn more than I intended to when I started. The Management team was very knowledgeable and helpful. Never felt micromanaged, and was always given the opportunity to learn more and "move up". Received several pay raises and responsibilities while employed there.
its a nice place to work people are nice and respectful
host (Former Employee) –  Denver, NCApril 3, 2017
long sometime it gets slow on the weekend if u work by ur self you might have a melt down and some of the mangers will give you attitude if u dont do something there way you have to do it over
Great place to work good people
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMarch 16, 2017
This is a great place to work, there was never any confusion as far as scheduling goes and everyone I worked with was like a family. It was a very simple clear cut job.
Business was not worried of how customers or staff felt.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 3, 2017
When I first started working at Sagebrush we were on a wait for tables to be sat every Friday and Saturday. After about a year, business started to die off. Management did not feel like doing changes to the restaurant or hiring new staff and getting rid of problematic staff members were necessary. Eventually everyone started leaving the business and they closed the Colonial Heights location to the public. The hardest part of my job was to keep people happy and still make enough tips to pay my bills. The most enjoyable part of this job was to see my coworkers smiles and laughter, and making sure my customers were always happy with their service
Pros
50% off of food
Cons
No healthcare, No breaks
Clean dishes ensure none were dirty
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 4, 2017
Team work was great no one hesitated to give you a helping hand even if you didn't need any help. Typical day involved washing dishes and cleaning all the pots, pans, plates, bowls, and other kitchen ware. At the end of the shift you would clean the kitchen area
Pros
Always kept you busy
Great environment for a first job
Host/Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Mt. Airy, NCDecember 14, 2016
I really enjoyed working with the staff, felt like a family more than anything. Taught me alot while I was working there, and I truely loved getting to know every one.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Short breaks
Gross
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCNovember 30, 2016
The restaurant that I would in had roaches in it. when I showed management they just said that they would get to it. First of all if your restaurant has nasty BUGS then you should get your butt right now it now, not then NOW!
Pros
Cons
They had BUGS
Productive and fun work environment
Sagebrush restaurant (Former Employee) –  Brevard North CarolinaNovember 22, 2016
Often slow learned in and out of restaurant business not a strenuous or stressful environment good teamwork management fair but strict coworkers friendly most enjoyable time clock out time
Pros
Discounts for employees
Cons
Short breaks
Fun & friendly
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCNovember 8, 2016
I loved working here. The service is great. The people were like a family. The work place is so open & can be a lot of fun. The days were stressful because of the games sometimes.
Pros
50% off everything except desert
Cons
Bad tipouts
resturant
Server (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJuly 1, 2016
this restaurant needs a lot of work the management over the store only hires people that are related to them and that is not fair to anyone
management not great
Server (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJuly 1, 2016
A typical day at the work place is you do get to make money on a daily places and you get to meet new people

Co- workers do not always do there job,.
not the best job
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCMarch 30, 2016
Very unprofessional business. Management was creepy, employees were on drugs. Worst job, I would never work there again.
Working at Sagebrush Steakhouse
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCMarch 7, 2016
This is probably one of the best jobs that I have ever had since working in the Food Industry last year. Managers and co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Everyone treats each other like family. I typically worked morning and evening shifts since I worked double shift while working at Sagebrush for about 3 months while I was staying in Brevard, NC for school. I have learned how to prepare many dishes and desserts while being employed. The hardest part about the job was making sure that the food was cooked right and being sent out to the right customers.
Pros
short breaks, friendly staff, excellent pay
Rewarding yet trying
Grill Cook, Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCFebruary 26, 2016
I had worked here off and on since high school so i knew the ropes. I enjoyed my job and working with others. I just wish others would take their work seriously sometime that can cause problems for others.
layed back at times and fun people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCDecember 31, 2015
I loved working here, i wish i could go back, it was very fun and layed back sometimes. The people you work with mean a lot when they make your day better. Thats what the people at sagebrush do.
would not reccomend it for anyone
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, NCDecember 17, 2015
Management needs much improvement they do not know what is going on between the front and back of the house. does not have any type of step by step training program to help new hires
A decent place to work
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNDecember 7, 2015
Typical restaurant work. Great associates and managers get along well with them. Great food service, along with great food products. Overall Great restaurant.
Pros
Fun work enviorment
Cons
Low pay
casual dining and it was decent food at a decent price. a good atmosphere on weekends. the party always made it to the kitchen
Cook (Former Employee) –  brevard ncSeptember 30, 2015
I checked my meat count and then I set up for the night and rush. I pre fired steaks if I thought it was needed. I ran my line but I assisted all that was at my station when I had the time. it was totally a place I would work at again.
Pros
free food good people and parties on the weekends with football and all
Cons
all things that come with getting paid everyday
Decent for a first job
Host (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCMay 27, 2015
The management staff wasn't very friendly, but they did back up their wait staff when an issue came up. The wait staff all got along fairly well and were always willing to help one another. The guests that came in to enjoy the restaurant were always a pleasure as well.
Love my coworkers.
Server (Current Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMay 25, 2015
Management needs a little work to make the place a better and all around more friendly place to work by not playing favorites and changing the rules that they have created to help with those favorites. Other than that I love some of my coworkers, and we have really become a close family.
Pros
half off of meals
Cons
no benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAGEBRUSH STEAKHOUSE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6