SAGEBRUSH STEAKHOUSE Employee Reviews in United States

Working at Sagebrush Steakhouse
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCMarch 7, 2016
This is probably one of the best jobs that I have ever had since working in the Food Industry last year. Managers and co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Everyone treats each other like family. I typically worked morning and evening shifts since I worked double shift while working at Sagebrush for about 3 months while I was staying in Brevard, NC for school. I have learned how to prepare many dishes and desserts while being employed. The hardest part about the job was making sure that the food was cooked right and being sent out to the right customers.
Pros
short breaks, friendly staff, excellent pay
Rewarding yet trying
Grill Cook, Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCFebruary 26, 2016
I had worked here off and on since high school so i knew the ropes. I enjoyed my job and working with others. I just wish others would take their work seriously sometime that can cause problems for others.
layed back at times and fun people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCDecember 31, 2015
I loved working here, i wish i could go back, it was very fun and layed back sometimes. The people you work with mean a lot when they make your day better. Thats what the people at sagebrush do.
would not reccomend it for anyone
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, NCDecember 17, 2015
Management needs much improvement they do not know what is going on between the front and back of the house. does not have any type of step by step training program to help new hires
A decent place to work
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNDecember 7, 2015
Typical restaurant work. Great associates and managers get along well with them. Great food service, along with great food products. Overall Great restaurant.
Pros
Fun work enviorment
Cons
Low pay
casual dining and it was decent food at a decent price. a good atmosphere on weekends. the party always made it to the kitchen
Cook (Former Employee) –  brevard ncSeptember 30, 2015
I checked my meat count and then I set up for the night and rush. I pre fired steaks if I thought it was needed. I ran my line but I assisted all that was at my station when I had the time. it was totally a place I would work at again.
Pros
free food good people and parties on the weekends with football and all
Cons
all things that come with getting paid everyday
Decent for a first job
Host (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCMay 27, 2015
The management staff wasn't very friendly, but they did back up their wait staff when an issue came up. The wait staff all got along fairly well and were always willing to help one another. The guests that came in to enjoy the restaurant were always a pleasure as well.
Love my coworkers.
Server (Current Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMay 25, 2015
Management needs a little work to make the place a better and all around more friendly place to work by not playing favorites and changing the rules that they have created to help with those favorites. Other than that I love some of my coworkers, and we have really become a close family.
Pros
half off of meals
Cons
no benefits.
Poor management for a fast paced restaurant
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCMay 20, 2015
I would prep the server station and make sure my section was clean before my shift began. I would then take tables as they came in based off our server rotation plan. Sometimes we would become so busy and the host's wouldn't have cleaned the tables off fast enough for us t keep getting seated. However, its a learning process and I discussed with them about staying on top of things to avoid customers waiting so long. The management was somewhat poor, which was the reasoning for my leaving.
Bad work experience
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCApril 29, 2015
Would not recommend working for this company. Management was not helpful in training to be a waitress, no benefits,...........................
Great Management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCFebruary 25, 2015
The management is great and the work place is fun and inviting. Best job I have ever had. I would have kept the job had I not moved
Pros
great managment, fun staff, great enviroment
Cons
work wasnt all that reliable
Fun place to work
Host (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCFebruary 17, 2015
I loved my coworkers they helped me learn quick and they acted as if I had been working there for years. I loved being around the new and different customers that came in everyday and they environment of the workplace was overall friendly and welcoming. However I didn't get many hours and I didn't feel as if the managers were on the same page with everything.
great coworkers and upper management was supportive
Traveling Kitchen/FOH Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCNovember 12, 2014
The upper management was very supportive to my request and needs to be able to balance my work and home life. Although I was promised a pay increase after training, I did not receive it for 7 months. But, I did get it.
Fun and Quick Paced
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 15, 2014
I absolutely loved Sagebrush. I loved my customers, my co-workers, and the atmosphere in general and the management was awesome.
Working here was a great joy and the people and atmosphere are wonderful
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCAugust 6, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of greeting and seating customers, busing the tables, and answering the phone. The management was strict, but understanding as well as fun and helpful. The coworkers all helped each other out when needed and were all kind to one another even to the new people. The most enjoyable part of the job was greeting the customers come in and see them leaving with smiles on their faces it gave me a feeling of having helped or improved their day.
Fast paced
Front of House Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCJuly 31, 2014
As a starter job Gold star chili was fantastic. They trained me completely, and was a great supportive management team. But there is very little opportunity for advancement.
Unfortunately a misguided company, concentrating more on reducing labor than guest satisfaction
Director of Management Training (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCFebruary 10, 2014
Needed to change direction from cost cutting to enhance guest satisfaction. Changed ownership too many times leading to bankruptcy and the closing of over 50% of its locations
Pros
too few
Cons
too many ownership changes
Excellent workplace for those looking to work hard and smile
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAAugust 20, 2013
A typical day was simply doing normal wait staff duties in terms of taking orders, customer interaction, and delivering food. Wait staff area and restaurant upkeep was completed whenever possible.

I learned a lot about interacting with different people and personalities, timeliness, and attention to detail.

Management was superb and always there to help you out.

Most all of my co-workers worked very hard and were enjoyable to be around. Some slacked off a little bit.

The hardest part of the job was simply dealing with angry customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like I did an excellent job and receiving good feedback from customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCJuly 29, 2013
A typical day on the job here consisted of lots of cleaning and preparations. I had to memorize a lot of commands from my customers and fulfill their needs in timely manner. I was trained to always remain polite when serving our guests to ensure a positive experience!
It is closed now
Server (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 28, 2013
It is closed now-very poor location. No restaurant has survived long in that location.

SAGEBRUSH STEAKHOUSE Reviews by Job Title