Sagora Senior Living Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Maintenance/Porter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2018
No room for advancement
No room for any type of raise
Residents are awesome there and caring
Other employees are good work mates
The manager there is a smart woman but is micro managed by the corporate guy
Pros
Residents are awesome
Cons
Corporate is not for the employees or the residents
Wouldn’t recmmend
Resident Services Director (Former Employee) –  Brennity of MelbourneJanuary 30, 2018
I was a member of the management team at the Brennity of Melbourne. The building was filled with disorganization and chaos. Upper management aware of unethical practices and chose to sweep them under the rug.
Pros
Residents enjoy the food
Cons
Staffing and management revolving
Competitive Work Enviornment
Sugar Land/Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 17, 2018
A typical day started with 1-3 meetings in the mornings...while having to maintain average number of calls, tours, home visits as well as planning certain social events for my clients and residents. I learned that I am very good adapting to change. The direct management was not supportive and created a divisive culture. The hardest part of the job, towards the end of my time, was not feeling in communication with my direct supervisor, as much as I tried, she just didn't want to include me with various events and meetings. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with senior clients and the day to day interaction with the residents that lived at the community.
Pros
Building relationships with the residents
Cons
Hostile enviornment
n/a
Lead Concierge (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 21, 2017
I actually love working at this location. The residents have become like family. I honestly don't mind coming to work daily, I feel very much at home.
Work is Work
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 24, 2017
Although Sagora Senior Living believes in a resident first philosophy, they do not believe in an philosophy that promotes a positive work-life balance. If you're willing to work for a disorganized boss that doesn't create deadlines or demands a completed product on the fly, with high levels of stress then this is the place for you.
Pros
Nice office space, convenient location downtown Fort Worth
Cons
Timed lunches, disorganized boss, unrealistic deadlines, high turnover rate
Not an enjoyable experience
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 12, 2017
Stress stress stress you are called in to the office daily For the littlest things something to don’t even have control over there except residents that have contagious diseases and severe mental disabilities off at the Almighty dollar They do not care anything about their associates employees whatsoever beware
Pros
Cons
Horrible working environment
I love been working in Sagora.If was the first time I ever been working like TEAM ,a real TEAM!!
Fitness Specialist/Seniors (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXOctober 1, 2017
We always have a morning meeting to do our best for our residents
•I learn from my bosses to work together as a team,not just saying it ,but doing it!
•The most enjoyable part of my job was to see our residents happy and see each other as a family from all the departments ,helping each other in any activity.I MISS MY JOB SO DEEPLY...
Pros
Great coworkers, benefits and environment.
Cons
Productive work place and Educational experience
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Murphy, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Lynridge was an awesome environment. I loved serving and taking care of the residents, as well as working with all of the staff in and out of the dining area. Sagora taught me the importance of professionalism, yet to enjoy the work you do. Serving is more than delivering plates and cleaning, it's learning to engage people in a way that matters beyond a paycheck. My job isn't hard, but it is a workout. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get complimented on my hard work.
Pros
Free lunches and awesome environment
Love working with seniors
Waitress/Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 30, 2017
.i leard how life could go in a second we need to let t
Our parents grandparents know how much we love them.
Im always friendly and have a smile to all of them.
I have Made them part of my family.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Westworth Village, TXJune 6, 2017
They are willing to work with you and if you do your part. Easy environment to work with. The residents makes you feel at home and welcomed enjoy your help.
Pros
socailizing with the residents
Cons
management
Bingo
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXMay 23, 2017
I have been in Sagora Assisted Living over 3 years, its a good place to work. I was doing medication aide and caregiver duties. Sagora gives me a lot of opportunity to grow, that was part of what I like about sagora. While the hardest part of the job was: most of the time I stayed late because I like to have things done after my shift is over. The most enjoyable part of my job at sagora its Team Work
Pros
Cons
15 mins
You will love working here
Assistant superintendent/maintenance director (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMay 10, 2017
This is really a great company. The owners are top notch. Witch is a rarity these days. If your willing to give 100% all the time, expect to be valued and taken care of. The bottom line is you will have never had it so good if you work here.
Pros
Support from corporate. Fun work environment
Loved it
Former Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 9, 2017
I would recommend to anyone, great organization. The ownership is solid and loyal. Great company for anyone looking for an organization based off of faith and Christian Values.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Great team to work alongside
Lifestyle Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 29, 2016
The team at Sagora is helpful and wants to see the employee succeed. Everyone is wiling to pitch in to help in whatever way possible. The most enjoyable part of the day is to be able to help a resident.
Compromises Care
Memory Care Director (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 1, 2016
This company is always worried about budget!They do not care about the resident's well being or how they are affected from the budget cuts.
The management team does not work together and the facility is seperated. THe memory care department does not get fair treatment. There are not enough staff members and no one cares!!!
Pros
free drinks and autonomy
Cons
no nurse presnt in memory care
Fun, exciting, welcoming, beneficial, great.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 5, 2016
I have, and am still learning a lot working at this company. The people are kind and welcoming and non-discriminative. I enjoy doing what I do. My supervisor is so kind, and with me being a first time employee, she is patient with me and teaches me what I need to know. The CEO is so friendly, she is great at what she does and doesn't make anyone feel unwelcomed or unappreciated.
Pros
Free drinks, etc
Cons
Not alot of money within the budget to give me more hours.
Horrible Management - Run Fast
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2015
This company's corporate officers keep their heads in the sand then make reactionary decisions at the community level not caring how it affects operations or the employees. They run their large communities with the same amount as staff as the smaller ones. They have a horrible reputation due to the high turnover in staff. Do not work here. They appear nice, but they are soulless. It's purely about profit and not about the seniors in their care nor their employees. Ruthless.