Sahara Hotel and Casino

Sahara Hotel and Casino Employee Reviews

Very fun work place
Internal Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas NV.October 17, 2014
Pros: free good food
Cons: knowing we were going to close the building
A typical work day was going in and greeting employees and guest, as well as doing what ever it takes to make are guest safe and happy while they stayed with us.the hardest part about the job was watching the building fall apart while working
Fun Place
FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great treatment of employees
Cons: not enough players
Only a $1.00 gambling floor. Management was great to work for. A lot of respect for employees
Great experience
Spa and Salon Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2014
Great company to work for
Great people
Fun environment
Great experience
Fun place to workk, like home
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVAugust 26, 2013
Pros: wordly, and ecclectic
Cons: closed down
I worked from 9-5, and was #2 in senority, A world class hotel, that catered to every social group from around the world.
Enjoyed working for the company Sahara Hotel and Casino
Bartender/Barback (Former Employee), 2535 S. Las Vegas Blvd.July 27, 2013
Pros: the ability to handle pressure
Cons: running out of inventory when needed.
A typical day at work would be to serve all drinks to customers also to attend to customers needs in a professional manner and to attend to bar as far as keeping it clean at all times. What i learned in this profession is how to multitask in what i do and also to be very professional in my job. Management taught me alot in how to be professional.My co-workers were enthusiastic, motivated very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was really to me there was none. The most enjoyable part of the job was just about everything in that profession and just keeping my customers very happy.
Nice place
FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Las vegas NevadaJune 29, 2013
They decent people to work for just little money. Had the opportunity to go to Palms casino and took it
The best job I ever had.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: the employee dinning room food was great!
Cons: they closed
Working at the Sahara Hotel and Casino was one of the best times of my life. The people were great, the casino was amazing, and the way operations ran the place like a Navy Ship! The associates were happy and the guests were too. I learned more about security there than any classes I have taken. In fact the field training officers there were full of knowledge and taught me to the highest standards. Over all it was the best job I ever had. I left the Sahara Hotel and Casino in July of 2007 when I was told that it would be closing. I resigned and found other related work within the field of security. Sahara hotel and Casino I will never forget the memories you have given me..
Fun place to come by and good food at for their prices.
Busser/Runner (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2012
Pros: free meals, discounts, job transfer availability, health care, news and events about organizations for employee support.
Cons: management supervisory
I had a good time there. I felt I had a place to grow and move around in. I felt if I wanted transfer into a different field, I would be directed to a process that will move me to the field I wanted to be in. I was a busser/runner at the Nascar Cafe. I didn't feel like the management had our support as much they should. It was pretty much the staff that had to take care the management and create some kind of control over business when guests would demand some unreasonable requests. Such a server having to control a rowdy group from getting to wild or keeping disrespecting the staff. The staff was pretty much like a family trying to hold the place together. The hardest part for me was know the place was going to close and I would miss my window to move into a better field.
n/a
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2012
• Created a fun and family oriented environment.
• Maintained Amusement Park Rides throughout entire-park.
• Maintained balance to cash drawer.
First job
Cashier/Lead (Former Employee), Las VegasJuly 28, 2012
Pros: paid lunch break
Cons: no room for advancement
Because this hotel was going under all management were rude. And they had no values or culture because everyone was afraid of losing their jobs so it was every man and women for themself.
It was a productive, fast- past work environment
F&B server,cooks help, asst. manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2012
Pros: employee dpiffs and luch programs. exceptional benefits
Cons: casino in financial situation
overall this employer was great. It was a fun , and fast past work environment, where i was constantly able to meet new people and interact with tourist.
productive
Status Board Operator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health care
The Sahara Hotel and Casino was very productive a long life experience for me. My co-workers guide me along in a well mannered way of how to conduct myself in a situation to always smile no matter what comes my way.Allways be courteous and guest comes first.
I enjoyed working at the Sahara Hotel and Casino.
Executive Receptionist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2012
I learned a lot about the gaming industry. It is unfortunate the Sahara Hotel went under.