Sahara Hotel and Casino Employee Reviews in United States

First job
Cashier/Lead (Former Employee) –  Las VegasJuly 28, 2012
Because this hotel was going under all management were rude. And they had no values or culture because everyone was afraid of losing their jobs so it was every man and women for themself.
Pros
paid lunch break
Cons
no room for advancement
Fun place to come by and good food at for their prices.
Busser/Runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2012
I had a good time there. I felt I had a place to grow and move around in. I felt if I wanted transfer into a different field, I would be directed to a process that will move me to the field I wanted to be in. I was a busser/runner at the Nascar Cafe. I didn't feel like the management had our support as much they should. It was pretty much the staff that had to take care the management and create some kind of control over business when guests would demand some unreasonable requests. Such a server having to control a rowdy group from getting to wild or keeping disrespecting the staff. The staff was pretty much like a family trying to hold the place together. The hardest part for me was know the place was going to close and I would miss my window to move into a better field.
Pros
free meals, discounts, job transfer availability, health care, news and events about organizations for employee support.
Cons
management supervisory
Enjoyed working for the company Sahara Hotel and Casino
Bartender/Barback (Former Employee) –  2535 S. Las Vegas Blvd.July 27, 2013
A typical day at work would be to serve all drinks to customers also to attend to customers needs in a professional manner and to attend to bar as far as keeping it clean at all times. What i learned in this profession is how to multitask in what i do and also to be very professional in my job. Management taught me alot in how to be professional.My co-workers were enthusiastic, motivated very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was really to me there was none. The most enjoyable part of the job was just about everything in that profession and just keeping my customers very happy.
Pros
the ability to handle pressure
Cons
running out of inventory when needed.
It was a productive, fast- past work environment
F&B server,cooks help, asst. manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2012
overall this employer was great. It was a fun , and fast past work environment, where i was constantly able to meet new people and interact with tourist.
Pros
employee dpiffs and luch programs. exceptional benefits
Cons
casino in financial situation
The best job I ever had.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2013
Working at the Sahara Hotel and Casino was one of the best times of my life. The people were great, the casino was amazing, and the way operations ran the place like a Navy Ship! The associates were happy and the guests were too. I learned more about security there than any classes I have taken. In fact the field training officers there were full of knowledge and taught me to the highest standards. Over all it was the best job I ever had. I left the Sahara Hotel and Casino in July of 2007 when I was told that it would be closing. I resigned and found other related work within the field of security. Sahara hotel and Casino I will never forget the memories you have given me..
Pros
the employee dinning room food was great!
Cons
they closed
Fun Place
FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2014
Only a $1.00 gambling floor. Management was great to work for. A lot of respect for employees
Pros
great treatment of employees
Cons
not enough players
Working in a place where history was made was very cool.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2014
While working at the Sahara Hotel and Casino I learned alot about the history of Las Vegas and the Sahara Hotel. I was given weapons training, Guest service training. The Chief was very proactive in getting everyone taught basic First-aid weapons training and Guest service training and report writing. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the deaths of the Guests by suicide or natural death.
Very fun work place
Internal Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NV.October 17, 2014
A typical work day was going in and greeting employees and guest, as well as doing what ever it takes to make are guest safe and happy while they stayed with us.the hardest part about the job was watching the building fall apart while working
Pros
free good food
Cons
knowing we were going to close the building
productive
Status Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2012
The Sahara Hotel and Casino was very productive a long life experience for me. My co-workers guide me along in a well mannered way of how to conduct myself in a situation to always smile no matter what comes my way.Allways be courteous and guest comes first.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
Great experience
Spa and Salon Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2014
Great company to work for
Great people
Fun environment
Great experience
I enjoyed working at the Sahara Hotel and Casino.
Executive Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2012
I learned a lot about the gaming industry. It is unfortunate the Sahara Hotel went under.
Fun place to workk, like home
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NVAugust 26, 2013
I worked from 9-5, and was #2 in senority, A world class hotel, that catered to every social group from around the world.
Pros
wordly, and ecclectic
Cons
closed down
n/a
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2012
• Created a fun and family oriented environment.
• Maintained Amusement Park Rides throughout entire-park.
• Maintained balance to cash drawer.
Nice place
FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Las vegas NevadaJune 29, 2013
They decent people to work for just little money. Had the opportunity to go to Palms casino and took it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sahara Hotel and Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5