Saia, Inc.

Saia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good money
City linehaul driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 19, 2015
Not bad as long as you don't get sick while driving. Money is good and benefits are also good. Over all its a good driving job.
A good place to work with a large yard and dock
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2015
productive and good working job with a learn and see attitude on a typical day I repair tractor trailer and check for defective trailer on the yard I work good with my co-worker and we got along without arguing their was time that I work along by checking the trailer on the yard and letting them know which one needed to be repair that was the most enjoyable part of the job for me.
High Energy
Special Accounts Manager (Current Employee), John Creek GAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Nice People
Cons: none
Everyday is a new experience but your able to help people and that's what matters, Making sure deliveries are made on time and shipments move as they should. If any freight is missing we make sure to find it.
High paced work enviornment
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Prairie TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: Decent pay w/ good benefits
Cons: work schedule, management
Long hours and late night workplace. Overall the place is a good place to work when you're young and don't have a family. Pays well. Due to hours and work days its hard to balance life and work here. Becoming full time is a very long process. Room for advancement is very difficult since it seems you have to know someone to advance.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Billing Office Clerk (Former Employee), Boise, IDMay 26, 2015
Pros: NO CUSTOMER SERVICE
Cons: WORK NIGHTS BUT THEY MAKE IT UP IN PAY AND LOTS OF OVERTIME
AWESOME PLACE TO WORK WITH LOTS OF OVERTIME AND GREAT BENEFITS! LIKED ALL THE SUPERVISORS THERE AS WELL. THEY WERE FANTASTIC WITH HELPING WHEN I NEEDED IT DURING TRAINING.
N/A
Regional Safety Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 16, 2015
No formalized training provided. This set employees up for failure and prevented them from being successful within their organization.
Self motivated jobs to reduce safety incidents/accidents.
Regional Safety Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of checking email, loading dock walks, and employee interaction. I would be involved with all accident and spill reporting/investigation. Rulings and discipline would be issued based on my recomendations to HR.

Management was involved, but let you learn as you go. My superior would allow me to handle most issues alone without their direct involvement.

I learned more about DOT and OSHA regulations.

I had not found the job to be difficult. i enjoyed going to work everyday.
Saia gets it: ‘take care of your employees and your business will succeed'
Terminal Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, RegionMay 2, 2015
Pros: Great leadership team, Great drivers, Great support staff
Cons: None
The technology available at Saia is industry leading by far. This allows for concentrated focus on ensuring 100% customer satisfaction and taking care of the people that matter most, your employees. It's a great feeling everyday to know you do not have to worry about report after report. There is no need to use the outdated and ineffective managerial microscope with the tools you have available. All you have to do is line the team up in formation, run the play exactly and, the touchdowns come. The only thing to worry about is your customers and your employees.
Productive place to work good pay
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Ellenwood, GAApril 20, 2015
great place to work the pay is good the only bad thing is the freezer it's very cold and you have to stay inside the freezer for long periods of time and they don't have a heat room to thaw out
Great Company but horrible management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Johns Creek, GaMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits...
Cons: Tensed Environment
Saia has great benefits but the management is horrible. Management is not friendly towards the workers, they are not sensitive towards employees needs...
Roseville terminal
driver (Former Employee), rosevilleFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: you get a new manager here on average 1/year
Cons: a new manager/year is a flag of shaky ground.
Be very careful!!!
in a week 5 drivers were no longer employed at this facility.

That is a high percentage considering the small workforce
at this deteriorating terminal.
good
Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoyed working here up until I got laid off. The manager was friendly and supportive. I had the opportunity to learn many different tasks
fun place to work
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee), Savannah, GADecember 31, 2014
great company to work for very nice work place nice people to work with steady work nice working area nice equipement family operated a good career for truck driver and good stability for work and lots of hours a great place to work
quiet, work at your own pace
Night Biller (Current Employee), Houma, LADecember 2, 2014
as long as you maintain the minimum requirements as a biller, you are left alone to work. quiet. friendly co-workers. can be long nights.
dock worker
overnight docker (Former Employee), houston txNovember 19, 2014
Pros: off days
Cons: benefits
Overnight Dock Worker which includes operating a Forklift and Electric Pallet Jack.
Responsible for maintaining the maintenance of incoming trailers to dock.

It was a great plce to work, I learned alot about customer service and freight coming and going in the company.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Boise, IDNovember 17, 2014
Pros: they gave us pissa partys, rewared for our work, and were just a good company to work for.
Cons: very demanding, little room for failure, so you were on your toes all the time, lots of stress.
Work started 7AM telephones started ringing and orders were coming in the get passed to us in customer service, we were arranging to the their product for point a to b in the least time available. This company was always going out of their way for us with cash incentives for trying to expedite shipments for client who need it to get there faster.
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: truck not being loaded properly
I would pick up and deliver goods.
My days would start very early.
I enjoyed meeting new customers and seeing old ones.
Good place to work.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: flex time ( personal days off ).
Cons: no assigned equipment.
A good LTL trucking company. You knew what kind of a day you were going to have when you got your work assignment for the day. Good or bad, you knew you were going to get to go home when you were done. SAIA was a fair place to work, everyone got to share in both the good, and not so good work assignments. Got to operate doubles. I received much experience working with Haz-mat. Good co- workers to work with. Management was not always so great. It seemed that when you did get a good manager they did not last long.
Openly discriminatory workplace
Biller (Former Employee), Nampa, IDOctober 10, 2014
The company, through clever use of policies and procedures, will accept and openly encourage discriminatory business practices and favoritism runs rampant.
Stable Company
Team Driver (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 7, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: push you to your limit
You make great money but you give up to much to do so. they are a one chance only.

1 2 3 4 5

About Saia, Inc.

Saia -- you say it "sigh-ah" -- is a holding company for less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier Saia Motor Freight Line. (LTL carriers – Read more

Saia, Inc. Salaries