Saia, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and challenging with great opportunities to explore
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Nampa, ID BGOAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: swing shift
I worked as a part-time biller and eventually moved to full-time. As a biller I invoiced Bill of Ladings from the company drivers. What I loved about the job was I could bill and listen to my head phones. The job did take place during swing shift hrs which meant I didnt get home until 3am. Great if your single and no children. Great management team and company.
Great Company
Company Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlAugust 4, 2015
Great company. Hours vary greatly daily and normal dispatch issues are the same at this company as other organizations. Overall, there is a great structure and the employee portal is excellent.
Harsh Environment to work in
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Environment
Hot and humid nights on an open loading dock, where there are over 30 forklifts moving around at a time.
I sweat most of the time and had to wear a mask so i didn't cough up "dock dust" at the end of my shift.
Pay was decent, but it wasn't worth it
interesting meet different people everyday
Security Guard (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2015
Pros: eat when i want
Cons: working outside
working for this company was fairly new to me. It was an new experience for me as being an security guard. Making sure everything was safe and secure....
okay
Expedited Operations Manager (Former Employee), Johns Creek GAJune 30, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
It's an okay place to work, salary & benefits package is very good and the management is okay as well. long working hours but it's still an okay place to work.
Good money
City linehaul driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 19, 2015
Not bad as long as you don't get sick while driving. Money is good and benefits are also good. Over all its a good driving job.
A good place to work with a large yard and dock
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2015
productive and good working job with a learn and see attitude on a typical day I repair tractor trailer and check for defective trailer on the yard I work good with my co-worker and we got along without arguing their was time that I work along by checking the trailer on the yard and letting them know which one needed to be repair that was the most enjoyable part of the job for me.
High Energy
Special Accounts Manager (Current Employee), John Creek GAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Nice People
Cons: none
Everyday is a new experience but your able to help people and that's what matters, Making sure deliveries are made on time and shipments move as they should. If any freight is missing we make sure to find it.
High paced work enviornment
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Prairie TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: Decent pay w/ good benefits
Cons: work schedule, management
Long hours and late night workplace. Overall the place is a good place to work when you're young and don't have a family. Pays well. Due to hours and work days its hard to balance life and work here. Becoming full time is a very long process. Room for advancement is very difficult since it seems you have to know someone to advance.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Billing Office Clerk (Former Employee), Boise, IDMay 26, 2015
Pros: NO CUSTOMER SERVICE
Cons: WORK NIGHTS BUT THEY MAKE IT UP IN PAY AND LOTS OF OVERTIME
AWESOME PLACE TO WORK WITH LOTS OF OVERTIME AND GREAT BENEFITS! LIKED ALL THE SUPERVISORS THERE AS WELL. THEY WERE FANTASTIC WITH HELPING WHEN I NEEDED IT DURING TRAINING.
N/A
Regional Safety Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 16, 2015
No formalized training provided. This set employees up for failure and prevented them from being successful within their organization.
Self motivated jobs to reduce safety incidents/accidents.
Regional Safety Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of checking email, loading dock walks, and employee interaction. I would be involved with all accident and spill reporting/investigation. Rulings and discipline would be – more... issued based on my recomendations to HR.

Management was involved, but let you learn as you go. My superior would allow me to handle most issues alone without their direct involvement.

I learned more about DOT and OSHA regulations.

I had not found the job to be difficult. i enjoyed going to work everyday. – less
Saia gets it: ‘take care of your employees and your business will succeed'
Terminal Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, RegionMay 2, 2015
Pros: Great leadership team, Great drivers, Great support staff
Cons: None
The technology available at Saia is industry leading by far. This allows for concentrated focus on ensuring 100% customer satisfaction and taking care of the people that matter most, your employees.  – more... It's a great feeling everyday to know you do not have to worry about report after report. There is no need to use the outdated and ineffective managerial microscope with the tools you have available. All you have to do is line the team up in formation, run the play exactly and, the touchdowns come. The only thing to worry about is your customers and your employees. – less
Productive place to work good pay
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Ellenwood, GAApril 20, 2015
great place to work the pay is good the only bad thing is the freezer it's very cold and you have to stay inside the freezer for long periods of time and they don't have a heat room to thaw out
Great Company but horrible management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Johns Creek, GaMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits...
Cons: Tensed Environment
Saia has great benefits but the management is horrible. Management is not friendly towards the workers, they are not sensitive towards employees needs...
Roseville terminal
driver (Former Employee), rosevilleFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: you get a new manager here on average 1/year
Cons: a new manager/year is a flag of shaky ground.
Be very careful!!!
in a week 5 drivers were no longer employed at this facility.

That is a high percentage considering the small workforce
at this deteriorating terminal.
good
Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoyed working here up until I got laid off. The manager was friendly and supportive. I had the opportunity to learn many different tasks
fun place to work
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee), Savannah, GADecember 31, 2014
great company to work for very nice work place nice people to work with steady work nice working area nice equipement family operated a good career for truck driver and good stability for work and lots of hours a great place to work
quiet, work at your own pace
Night Biller (Current Employee), Houma, LADecember 2, 2014
as long as you maintain the minimum requirements as a biller, you are left alone to work. quiet. friendly co-workers. can be long nights.
dock worker
overnight docker (Former Employee), houston txNovember 19, 2014
Pros: off days
Cons: benefits
Overnight Dock Worker which includes operating a Forklift and Electric Pallet Jack.
Responsible for maintaining the maintenance of incoming trailers to dock.