Saia, Inc. Employee Reviews

super hot in the summer super cold in the winter
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 10, 2012
great people to work with, need to have a experience terminal manager that knows the inner and outer workings of saia personally. no real advancement for part time dock personnel. they need to either move to a new terminal or knock the old one down and build a new one.
Pros
great pay some benefits
Cons
no room for advancements
I enjoyed making deliveries on time.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILDecember 6, 2012
My starting time usually was around 10 o'clock, I had assigned truck and trailer for that day. I have learned how to operate forklift and pallet jack. The hardest part of my job was to make deliveries in very tight spaces. The other drivers were very friendly and it was a pleasure to work with them.
Pros
uniforms were provided by saia.
Cons
very old equipment
WORST place ever
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 6, 2012
This company has the worst ever regards for their employees. Local Detroit management does nothing to motivate or inform its staff. Constant change in management does not bode well for the local operation and its customer base. No plan just continues to struggle to keep its customer base due to poor service offering.
Pros
none to list
Cons
too many to list
challenging work place
OS &D coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAFebruary 5, 2014
Skilled in, customer services/call center, billing, data entry, word, excel, power point and explorer
Advance knowledge in shipping & receiving, imports/exports.
Certified forklift driver, knowledge of inbound, outbound shipping procedures and dispatching, AS400
Handled all aspects of haz-mat shipping and disposal
Pros
great pay
Successful Company.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 9, 2012
I enjoyed working for Saia Motor Freight. Like many corporations they have good benefits and some down falls. The hours in the general office are typical for that type of environment. Saia honors standard holidays and is closed weekends. During peak business they offer overtime.
Pros
free insurance after 10 years!
Cons
typical office politics.
Good Company & Competative Company
Driver Class (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVSeptember 16, 2013
Have gained much knowledge through my working years with SAIA.
Benefits are great, Pay is very good.

I would rate this company on the above as a 5 star in all the catagories listed.

I tried to rate the 5 stars but it was not holding the clicks.
Pros
Management listens and good working conditions
Cons
The hours are long and hard on family life
money great mangement is a dictatorship,supervisors an operations managers suck
Supplemental Dock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAAugust 25, 2013
enjoyed my co workers an some of the management staff but Dan the terminal manger was heartless an ruled like a dictator
Pros
the pay
Cons
management dont communicate, rules change everyweek, an no voice in anything have to call corporate to have things change if any
Fun place to work for.
Night Office Lead- I (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 23, 2012
Saia is a great company to work for. The most
enjoyable part of the job is that the employees and the managers are very friendly. I have enjoyed
working there for over 17 years. If it wasn't for
both of my parents getting killed in car accident
in Lubbock, Tx, I would still be there, but instead I had to relocate back to Lubbock, Tx.
Pros
good hours
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 11, 2013
saia is a fast paced work enviroment with lots of daily challenges,that include unloading freight as quick and safe as possible loading the freight as safe and as quickly as possible, these are some of the challenges that I love about this job.
Pros
the enviroment is really somthing i enjoy and the paye is really nice.
Cons
i really need more hours.
disrespectful
dock worker (Former Employee) –  HSTDecember 5, 2012
Old forklifts and poor management. I remember being cursed at and single out by certain supervisors. One supervisor called myself and a group of employees dumb a double s.Reported it, nothing happened. Coming from the Marines I expected better from an employer. 2 1/2 years wasted.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
disrespect, poor forklifts, shady management
Decent pay and benefits
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FlOctober 31, 2012
Not a bad place to work. Seems to be better than some of the other freight companies but when business is slow we only work 4 day work weeks, which is a pretty big pay cut. It's better than unemployment though.
Pros
they have pretty good equipment.
Cons
irregular work hours, 1 week your working 50+ hours and the next week your working 35
Billing Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 26, 2015
Awesome place to work with lots of overtime and great benefits! Liked all the supervisors there as well. They were fantastic with helping when I needed it during training.
Pros
NO CUSTOMER SERVICE
Cons
WORK NIGHTS BUT THEY MAKE IT UP IN PAY AND LOTS OF OVERTIME
management
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 14, 2013
when management changed the full time employee's began to lose there hours to part time employees. when part time employee's begin to make the same or more hour as the full time employee's its time to make a change. Saia use to be a great place to work, but with the recent management change the company is not anymore.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
great place to work at but management sucks
Dock Mentor (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 9, 2013
The job has personally trained me a lot about logistic and transportation, The only problem i have with them is that it is very difficult to move up in terms of opportunity. The people i work with are great folks and i will miss everyone if i get a chance to leave Saia when i get another job
Busy operation that gave its drivers their assignments and gave them the freedom to accomplish their jobs.
P/D Driver/Dock (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 8, 2014
The money is great as well are the benefits. Managements mode of operation was to assist you in being successful at your job and had a very open line of communication.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
none that i can think of
Saia
Forklift Operator/Dock (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 13, 2013
Saia was a great place to work,the supervisors were extremely informitive,and patient with new hires.The crew leadership methods allowed you the opportunity to heighten your experience by providing objectives that were solely your responsibility to complete in a timely manner.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
non
productive
Dock worker/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILOctober 23, 2013
Pros
pay
Cons
bad management
good place to work enjoyed it a great deal
dock supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2012
great place to work, management was good, very helpful when any problem occurred, drivers they are a great group of guys, office staff very good group thanks to all in the company that helped when I was there too bad the housing market busted
Pros
benefits, salary, training, management
Cons
?
interesting meet different people everyday
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2015
working for this company was fairly new to me. It was an new experience for me as being an security guard. Making sure everything was safe and secure....
Pros
eat when i want
Cons
working outside
When the company was owned by family it was a joy to be a part of.
Houma, LA (Former Employee) –  Payroll SpecialistNovember 5, 2011
At one time working at Saia was a privlege. Very productive company, when sold we went from 12 terminals to 170 terminals. I worked there for 27 years in three different departments, loss and damage claims, switchboard and payroll. Before I left, Saia wasn't owned by anyone and was selling and trading its own stock. To think it all started with one truck owned by Mr. Saia going from Houma to New Orleans carrying food and dry goods. The most challenging time was when hurricane Katrina hit and all our computers were down. Payroll was processed by an average of what the drivers made the previous week. We had a payroll of over 5000 drivers. It was a real mess to deal with. I guess when they realized how difficult is to do payroll for so many without electricity, they decided to move the General Office to Atlanta, GA.
Pros
very good benefits and pay
Cons
not telling us the truth about moving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saia, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9