Saia, Inc.

Saia, Inc. Employee Reviews

great moner
Fork lift Operator (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILAugust 12, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: dusty and dirty place
load and unload trailers, while using a sit down forklift. co workers were very helpful
Basic start up driving job
City Driver (Current Employee), San Leandro, CAJuly 31, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: no stable work all year long
This is a good place if you were not taking care of a family. If you are single, this job is nice. Not to hard, not to stable work all year long. Just a Basic job.
great place to work at but management sucks
Dock Mentor (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJune 9, 2013
The job has personally trained me a lot about logistic and transportation, The only problem i have with them is that it is very difficult to move up in terms of opportunity. The people i work with are great folks and i will miss everyone if i get a chance to leave Saia when i get another job
not enough hours
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Midland, TXJune 4, 2013
Pros: pay and the workers
Cons: the no nonesense plant manager that has never driven a truck smh
The management thinks that you can live off of 45hours a week here and be able to pay all of ur bills while ur bills constantly goes up but ur pay constantly goes down they bring u in around 9 to 10 in the morning when route is just being finished an they expect u to do ur 30 min pretrip an fill urtruck up for 15 mins an expect u to stay out all nite but everything closes around 5 and when u pick up u have to unload ur own trailer but they wanna pay u 21to 22 an hour but u dnt get no overtime cuse u stuck at 45hrs.
Saia
Forklift Operator/Dock (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 13, 2013
Pros: very professional
Cons: non
Saia was a great place to work,the supervisors were extremely informitive,and patient with new hires.The crew leadership methods allowed you the opportunity to heighten your experience by providing objectives that were solely your responsibility to complete in a timely manner.
good equipment and top of the line management
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee), mobile al.May 9, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: gone away from home a lot
saia mtr. frt. was the best job i ever had. unfortunately in 2008 600 employees were laid off including myself due to economic downturn.
fast paced team work
Dock worker (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 7, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: having to wait on a late trailer to unload
Typical day at work as a team of three with a goal set to get the most trailers on the report at the end of the day, , we loaded semis for scheduled deliveries. a normal day was 30 trailers in 5Hrs.
I learned alot about teamwork and how to be effective as a team player.
I had some of the best Co-workers I could have asked for. we all got along, and still had a goodtime while being very productive.
hardest part of the job was dealing with the hot and cold weather outside on the dock area.
For me the most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of the day coming in from the dock to turn in out trailer reports and hearing our general manager say, "great job today Scott." makes me proud of the fact that you can go home knowing the team had an exellent day.
Top notch truck driving company
Driver (Current Employee), Tucson,AZApril 8, 2013
Pros: great compensation, good working environment, getting easier to talk to management about issues, and fantastic benefits
Cons: long hours (depending on run or route), linehaul personal and management can be difficult to deal with at times.
I have been with Saia for a little over 8 years now and have seen some ups and downs. However, through it all this company is still growing and becoming one of the best trucking companies out there! I've seen a lot of improvements over the years. This like any trucking company has it's issues but overall I believe it's still one of the best.
Good Part time job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GAMarch 20, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: weather and hard to become full time
A Typical day at Saia was getting a forklift and unloading and loading as many trucks as possible. I learned how to operate a forklift and load and unload trucks. The management made sure to tell you that you need work fast but safe and when you do good give the dock BBQ and power-aid the hardest part of the job was the weather cause if its hot out side you burn up and if its cold you freeze. The most enjoyable part of my job was the friendly competition to see who could do the most in a day or month.
Dockworker (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 11, 2013
Pros: the enviroment is really somthing i enjoy and the paye is really nice.
Cons: i really need more hours.
saia is a fast paced work enviroment with lots of daily challenges,that include unloading freight as quick and safe as possible loading the freight as safe and as quickly as possible, these are some of the challenges that I love about this job.
Saia LTL Freight formerly Saia Motor Freight
Operations Manager-Atlanta Break-Bulk (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GAMarch 8, 2013
Pros: you are not allowed to sit down and eat and 65-70 hour work weeks are mandatory not voluntary
Cons: lack of technology, lack of equipment, little to no regard to both salary and hourly employees, immoral values and compromising/non-ethical ways at making numbers
I was promoted 5 times in 5 years but after my most recent promotion back to the terminal, I learned very fast that my new Terminal Manager was racist to say the least. I asked me to do things that were immoral and not ethical. I left the company because I refused to compromise my moralities and feelings towards colored people any longer. There is no work/lfe balance and when my father was dying of cancer and flat-lined on the table I came to the realization that this company does not care about their employees and had little to no regard that we as people do have families that come first over any job. The man even went as far as cutting back full-time employees hours because he said and I quote "here are too many nice cars in our parking lot...." When I went to my regional manager about my supervisors stating/thinking our new Terminal Manager was racist I was told that if I went to Human Resources or if the conversation lett the room he would not reconsider firing me and would be sure to find a valid reason to do so. After that, even though I was making great money, I knew it was no longer in my best interest to continue employment for a company that condoned those values/beliefs. It may be hard for me to make up the time I spent "climbing the corporate ladder" and having to live on a very tight budget, but I sleep better at night and feel it is/was the best decision I ever made to leave that company and find something new, even though I was promoted several times while with Saia, but after my newest promotion and 10-12 veterans leaving the company within a 6 month period, I knew that by me resigning was in the best of my interest both professionally and morally....
Great People, Great Atmosphere, Great Place
Risk Management Analyst (Former Employee), Houma, LAFebruary 28, 2013
It was a pleasure to work with the individuals in the Houma Office. I have nothing but respect for everyone I worked with.
management
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
when management changed the full time employee's began to lose there hours to part time employees. when part time employee's begin to make the same or more hour as the full time employee's its time to make a change. Saia use to be a great place to work, but with the recent management change the company is not anymore.
productive past, pace inviroment
Dock worker/forklift (Former Employee), Kent, WAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: i buy my own lunch
Cons: health care etc
Work Start 5pm 5 hours each day.i learn more skills being in Saia.and i have friendly co worker in saia.its hard job but i cant comlpain i need to pay the bills and its fun job.
Good Bosses
Risk Management Analyst (Former Employee), Houma, LAJanuary 30, 2013
I had some caring bosses at Saia. There was very little training and it seemed as if not a lot of thought went to how they were going to lead me in my job.
Productive and enjoyable position to be in
Linehaul Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee), Ellenwood, GAJanuary 26, 2013
Very fast pace environment which is a positive to keep you alert and on your toes in your job performance. Have learned alot about the industry while at Saia. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with the drivers and completing a days work with a positive feeling that what you did that day mattered in servicing the customer
I Loved what I did at this company.
OS&D Clerk (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: they are a good company, pay
Cons: do not follow through with paper work.
I started part time billing in the evenings. Moved up to the OS&D Clerk within months They made some huge changes in management, and did a ton of firing my terminal manager was moved to another location and the new terminal manager.and everyone in the office got everything to his liking then he along with dispatch and some dock people were fired. We had a couple temp Terminal Managers I gave a 30 day notice that I would be leaving. 2 days before my last day they hired someone to replace me and on my record they show me as fired. I have all my awards and the good work for them.
Saia
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 12, 2013
Very good company with quality and safety as there number one goal.
Great Group of people on all shifts.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 25, 2012
Pros: the compensation
Cons: they hire part time, you work your way to full time therefore there is no benefits such as insurance
What I love about Saia is every person in management understands that life happens sometimes. They know that there are times that things happen that are out of our control. A typical day is fast paced, seems like the time flies by usually. The hardest part would be the fact that we do work on a small dock which makes it hard to be safe one hundered percent of the time however i have worked here for eight months and have yet to see or hear of an accident. The most enjoyable part is all the people i work with are laid back and just a great group of people.
No regards for their employees
Driver (Former Employee), Chicago ILDecember 15, 2012
Pros: insurance
Cons: safety department is racist and the management doesn't care about its employees.
Safety department is racist. They never want to listen to their employees and they will just shove you a form to sign, and if you don't they threat you that they will fire you on the spot. Wondering if I should sue them for the racism. Every time it gets closer to the winter season and they do not need so many people they will throw you out in the cold with out second thought. Never received my last pay check. When called HR they gave me a run around. Management is rude, and they do not care about their employees at all. They had a brochure on their website stating " every employee deserves to be treated with respect" and with that in mind you could complete ARC form and send it to the VP of HR for an appeal. Don't kid yourself. The number that they had to call for the form was for a building company and no one had knowledge of the form. Once received the form after calling around and sent it in (certified mail like they requested) nobody wanted to sign for it. Hope to receive my pay check one day. HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR. ZERO RESPECT FOR PEOPLE.

About Saia, Inc.

Saia¬†-- you say it "sigh-ah" -- is a holding company for less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier Saia Motor Freight Line. (LTL carriers – Read more

Saia, Inc. Salaries