Saia LTL Freight Employee Reviews

Inside Sales
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAMay 23, 2017
In Inside Sales if you work hard, you will be rewarded: both with pay & opportunity. If you work hard, and aren't meeting your goals, the management team will do everything they can to help you get there. Your long term goals are important as they want to see their employees continue to grow WITHIN the company. You do not bring any work home with you- such a great work-life balance. We like to have some fun as well (Fiesta breaks include corn hole, golf, & more). We keep it friendly, but our competitive sides come out which makes for a fun & unique culture. If you come to work every day with a positive attitude, and do what is expected of you, you will be HAPPY, make money, and have plenty of opportunities to advance.
great place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2017
i enjoyed working there learned a lot of new things, new management came in and things went down hill and then they downsized, all the workers were great.
Amazing company that goes out of its way for their employees
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 19, 2017
This job isn't for everyone, as the hours can be demanding. Swing shifts can be difficult, but Saia has made sure they make it worth it. Management is fantastic, and strives to help you do your best while not micro-managing your time or work. Benefits are some of the best I've ever seen at an entry-level position. This includes 401k match, stock options, and medical insurance that is to die for. Their medical insurance is $50/week for a family, with a $250 copay per person, and an OOP $1,500. This is almost worth it alone. On top of that the pay scale for billing clerks top out at $19/hour, which with no education requirements is very competitive.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Management, Low Stress
Cons
Mandatory Overtime 52 weeks a year
Pretty Good
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2017
Repetitive but that is the nature of the job.
The new Manager is amazing.
There just needs to be clear path to growth opportunities within the company.
great place
Forklift Operator/ Supervisor candidate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 16, 2017
my schedule was great. I was able to get hours when needed. if your work ethic was noticeable, management would favor you. pay was great. clean work place
super good company with continue growth
, Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 11, 2017
Great company with knowledge of expanding to bring the company along for the long haul in the business world of transportation.

Great people top to bottom.
Pros
excellent people
Cons
fast paced with long hours
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2017
the pay is excellent and the benefits are best by far, you will work long hours and give up any life outside of saia walls. you will work either early mourning till about mid day. Get ready to brown nose your way to the top
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
get ready to give your life up
Used to be a great place to work
LTL Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2017
2 years ago new manager came and totally screwed the place. In those 2 years all of the office workers were replaced except one. Drivers are no longer allowed to route their trailers according to the manager the driver has a pallet jack and can move the freight in the trailer. So far in the last 2 years 10 senior drivers have quit including myself, he does not care about drivers or anyone else there. Calling human resources does no good because they are afraid of losing their jobs. I could go on and on.
Benefits
Cons
Managment
a com[lete waste of time
Lead Generation Rep (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek GaMay 5, 2017
Don't waste you time with this bunch. They would not know the truth if it hit them between the eyes. Change the job daily . Very deceptive and hostile atmosphere. Was told by the supervisor that my college degree was useless.
Pros
Cons
total waste of timE
The e your job is hope the unlon gets in
City driver (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 4, 2017
Very poor company to work for the more you tear up the more secure your job is u can get fired for not running a lock but terminal mgrs can have fake numbers and load averages. He gets bonus. hope for workers sake union gets them
Productive and fun workplace
Operations Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. The leadership team is working hard to create an environment that is safe and clean. Saia has proven to be a leader in the transportation industry.
If you like challenging work, this is the job for you.
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COApril 30, 2017
Competent people working hard to meet objectives in a very difficult working environment. I enjoyed the people on the front line that I worked with. The work was a challenge.
Pros
The people
Cons
The stress of meeting difficult expectations.
Good place to work. Very productive.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 25, 2017
Good place to work. Drivers were easy to work with most of the time. The training of warehouse guys was smooth. customers were for nice and curtious.
More companies should mirror this compnay
Dock\Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 25, 2017
Great company to work for. Its a great starter job to work on the dock, and progress over to there driver program, excellent trainer, great pay working on dock as well as a driver. Really miss working for this company.
Pros
great pay, different shift options, great benefits
Cons
Don't lose this job
Great people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2017
While working at SAIA I worked with a really great team of people. Team work was an understatement. I enjoyed the environment as well. I'd have to say the most enjoyable part of my job was the wonderful people I worked with.
good team environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nampa, ID 83687April 18, 2017
i enjoyed working at Saia, but it was a very long commute from my home daily. i would still be working there if it wasnt for the long drive 2x's daily
Pros
team environment, opportunity for advancement
Cons
long drive and didnt like working late shift
National Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAApril 17, 2017
I happen to have the best manager ever in Logistics industry. I've learned a lot from him. If I could work my entire life under his guidance, I would not mind at all. Everyone is smart in certain area. They are friendly to share their experience and knowledge with you without hesitation. Excellent place to work!
Long work days, good pay, but you work on a dock.
Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 17, 2017
If your looking for a job, Saia is the place. Not a career long term at Saia. Opportunity for advancement is very slim due to the fact that their aren't many positions to advance to. If your lucky enough to be a supervisor, you could easily get stuck there.
Established LTL Carrier
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILApril 5, 2017
Established LTL carrier, providers regional and multi regional LTL services. Room for advancement if you are working in the right region. Overall great company to work for with room for improvement with management.
Good people to work with
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2017
The company definitely knows how to make money an hourly employee can live pretty comfortable once you are in supervison you have to learn to budget sometimes it was 18 days between paychecks. Depending what terminal in the Dallas area you work for your home life and work life balance can be great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saia LTL Freight. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9