Saia LTL Freight Employee Reviews in United States

strange company
Trailer Mechanic (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 18, 2016
Everybody is equal in this company. That means people who want to work and people who dont do anything. Think for yourself
Fast Pace
Dispatch Supervisor,Customer service OSD SP (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 7, 2016
I checked the dock for unmarked freight. Answer customers questions about billing, tracking shipments, billing out bill of ladings and claim issues. Set up invoices and purchase orders for accounting and maintenance departments. Scheduled drop trailers for Walmart. Dispatched drivers for deliveries and pickups. Working fast pace, multitasking and knowing my job duties were very important for the production of our office. Taking care of customers insures our success. I enjoyed working with all the employees they were hard workers and cared about the success of the company. I enjoyed the fast pace of the job I always had something to work on- I was always busy and felt I was part of a winning team. I learned something new everyday and was a better person for it.
Benefits
I enjoyed working there.
Rate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 23, 2016
Answered phones for rate quotes, corrected rates on invoices.
Had great co-workers. I enjoyed talking to other co-workers all over the US at the other terminals to help with any pricing issues. The hardest part was reaching a quota of corrections in the que. I was laid off October 2008.
long work days for lots of overtime
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  3400 millbranch rd. memphis tn 38116June 20, 2016
long work days for lots of overtime. Great health care plain and benfits. Cold in the winter and very hot in the summer. 12 hour work shift 6 days a week during peak season.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Enjoyable doesn't feel like work anymore
City Driver (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 26, 2016
Good work place with very supportive manger. The motivation and work atmosphere here is great, really keeps you on your toes at all times but fair. A great place to learn from all the various types of people that surround you.
Pros
Manager lets you make decisions
Cons
Parking area hrs change with freight
Great Job
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Saia and only left to further my education. Hands down the best coworkers I have had the pleasure of working with outside of the military.
Pros
Great company very good staff
Cons
Long Shifts
horrible
City driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 14, 2016
Saia is an awful awful place. The tress is horrible and favoritism like you would believe. This was one of the worst experiences I've had at a job. HORRIBLE!!!!
Pros
Cons
Stress. very bad place to work
Stressful workplace
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2016
Its very stressful, we get lack of sleep. Never know what time we get off. Not very good at being reasonable with our personal life. I do not feel safe there. The management is horrible but the co-workers are great.The hardest part is staying awake. The only thing i enjoy is learning something new. I learned management, drive a eighteen wheeler(stick), drive a forklift, and load and set up routes for the drivers.
Pros
free giftcards
Cons
only have one break a day
Productive and friendly work environment.
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working there as a dockworker because it challenged you to be a better dockworker everyday. Their mission statement was solely built on ensuring customer satisfaction through their best quality service in class. Understanding this helped shape my working environment by taking better care of customers freight. Supervisor and other dockworkers were very helpful. Upper management were very aware of the productivity in its region and company wide. Wages and benefits were very competitive and they believed in reinvesting into their company.
Pros
Establishing relationships and a helpful management team, Pay was great and overtime was there if needed.
Cons
Weather slowing truck drivers down causing delays in the work place.
Positive place to work
Dock Loader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2016
Load and unload trailers learned different hazmat to put together management was very vocal on how to do you job duties. Co worker help and provide great feedback the hardest part of the job was that it was part time. I enjoyed the open door policy.
Pros
learn about diffrent freight
Cons
no room to grow

Want to know more about Saia LTL Freight?

Ask a question
Image Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 15, 2016
Good Working Environment to work for. Everyone work well together, It can be hard to get 1st shift unless someone quite or retires.
False promises
Local City P/D Driver (Current Employee) –  Grayslake, ILMarch 11, 2016
After just six months with this company I was fed up with its upside down management. If you are a safety-minded driver this will not be a good fit for you. Dispatcher will tell you to make deliveries with 48" van on streets that trouble even 26" straight trucks. If a tell them it is not safe to do so they will tell you how they can do it, and then threaten to write you up for refusing. While in line haul I was promised a set run, after accepting the position was then told I would actually be a system driver and was given poor miles if any.
benefits
Cons
almost everyone in the office side of the business
Decent pay for a part time job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 9, 2016
This was a part time job to supplement my income. The pay was decent for a part time job. It was too many hour to work with a regular full timer job.
Summary
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 9, 2016
Saia is a very solid workplace and offers upward mobility. They are a fast paced service driven organization. The work environment is serious and requires attention to detail.
No good but great pay!
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMarch 8, 2016
... Not good but great pay
and I don't feel like writing more for this review so I have to put at least 20 words to complete it blah
Pros
Great Pay, starting at $15.84 an hour
Cons
Work/Life balance sucks and the hours suck
People not held accountable
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 4, 2016
Working up to 20 hours a day, no time for family. Its seems there could be more structure and company procedures followed.
Excellent place if your full time.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Management are all great to work for. Hours for newbie's are all part time and on call. Barely generating enough income.
Inferior product and service
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 24, 2016
Other national and regional carriers provide better service and competence. Website is not user friendly and is more challenging for customers to work with than main competitor websites.
Normal LTL freight
P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 13, 2016
If you like playing musical trucks this is the place to work. No regular maintenance is done to trucks. You run it until it breaks, or you have to put it out of service so that the electronic logs wont allow it to be used. Salary is right on par with other LTL carriers. The benefits package is probably one of the best in the industry. I worked at a smaller terminal and it was the unwanted child. The manager that over saw our terminal shows no real care for this location. You will work here as long as you dont make mistakes.
benefits
Cons
no truck maintenance, bad work place attitude
Typical sales day
Sales Representative/Natl Sales/Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 31, 2016
I setup my planned calls for the next few weeks and also handle current weeks calls with planned discussion topics. I will also resolve any issues that linger from the previous weeks.
Pros
Ability to meet people and grow my business profitable
Cons
Not enough time in the day to get things done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saia LTL Freight. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9