SAIF CORPORATION Employee Reviews in United States

Great benefits with amazing co-workers
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 20, 2015
There are many changes and challenges facing SAIF and workdays were various in terms of what to expect. They were committed to the injured worker and making sure they offered the best customer service possible. The people that they employ at SAIF make the company. Management changes and decisions makers can make things difficult and that is a challenge that we worked around but this varied from department to department. The people make the job...
Pros
on-site cafeteria, great benefits, people
Cons
changing dynamics and trustworthiness of upper management
I enjoyed my job here.
Paralegal` (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 14, 2015
I enjoyed the legal aspect of this job. I was a paralegal. It was my job to prepare cases for Workers' Compensation hearings.
Pros
work i really liked
Cons
management had an agenda i was not privy to
SAIF is a great company to work for. The management truly wants to see people succeed.
Workers' Compensation Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem/Portland OregonJanuary 20, 2015
There is a lot to manage. A typical day can consist of multiple meetings, settlement negotiations, training, constant email communications, and of course interactions with injured workers. My co-workers are always willing to help and bounce ideas off each other. The autonomy is my favorite and most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
a lot to manage on a daily basis
Adequate employment; tedious
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 4, 2013
Adequate place to work; appreciated by management

answer phones; greet clients; type dictation; filing;
Pros
adequate salary & benefits
Cons
tedious work
SAIF is a great place to work. They care about their employees, provide workout classes during the lunch hour, promoting healthy life
Document Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 12, 2013
A typical day for me would include meetings, resolving problems, coaching employees and performing the daily duties of the central scanning unit. SAIF has been my life and I consider it my second home. My co-workers are great to work with, providing support when I need it. The most difficult part of my job is managing people and writing performance reviews. I enjoy the people I work with and enjoy the challenge of meeting the deadlines faced each day to complete the work timely. I have learned how important it is to do a good job as it affects not only those within the corporation, but also outside customers. Customer service is the #1 priority in SAIF.
Pros
free exercise classes; benefits, including medical, vacation and sick leave
Cons
i can't say there are any cons. i enjoy my job but i'm ready to retire and work part-time.
Great benefits horrible managers
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 13, 2013
It is a great company with good benefits. There are a lot of people who truly do enjoy and love their job. However, there are those who do not have the best interpersonal skills. I found that a lot of the management were not as knowledgeable as I thought they would be. Some departments would take 30 min breaks while others would take 15 min breaks. Standards would not be consistent through out the company.
Pros
good benefits, holidays off and the day after thanksgiving and christmas eve off.
Cons
inconsistent policies throughout departments, incompetent managers
Great teamwork
LC/ERTW Assistant (Former Employee) –  TualatinJanuary 9, 2013
Teamwork in the office is great. SAIF Co is a great company to work for
A mission-driven company with passionate people.
Publications Editor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 12, 2012
SAIF is a non-profit workers' comp insurance provider serving policyholders throughout Oregon. Its mission is to make Oregon the safest state to work in, and the employees care deeply about making this happen.
Pros
good culture, modern company, mission-driven
Cons
old guard employees can be stodgy, otherwise a great company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIF CORPORATION. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8