SAINT-GOBAIN Employee Reviews

Great learning eeperience
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee), Streetsboro, OHJuly 27, 2015
Great team to work with. Busy fast paced environment. Learned how both sides of payables work. most enjoyable was learning new things.
Lots of over time
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 11, 2015
Pros: fair wages
Cons: Poor Management
Lots of changes in the management and there way of applying new rules. My typical day was none stop. I learned that there is no job security or advancement unless your a favorite.
Fun
Human Resources Administrative Intern (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 25, 2015
Place is amazing,
Great benefits, great experience and the people are unbelievably kind.

I worked in HR and dealt with people all day it was something I had not had this much exposure to but I feel like my skills have grown leaps and bounds from being here.
A real good company
Leadperson (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good pay and Benefits
Cons: None
I loved the job. I was planning on retiring, but another company bought it. I was glad to get up every morning and go to work...
Great Company
Plant Finance Controller - Luxury Perfumery, USA (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Diversity of products and types of customers, inclusive environment, reward initiative
Global industrial company without a rigide organisation. Diversity of products and customer segments. Exciting missions in emerging countries. Rewards initiative and innovation.
Process Technician (Former Employee), Faribault, MNMarch 22, 2015
Pros: breaks, working as a team
Cons: if you work with someone not safety oriented
It was a great place to work with great people. It's hard to carry glass until you get used to how your suppose to carry it and who you carry it with.
Lean Organization
Retail Account Manager, Roofing Product Group (Former Employee), Valley Forge, PAFebruary 28, 2015
Lean organization asks a lot from their employees, but compensates accordingly. Immediate management was approachable and worked hard to develop employees. Senior management was concerned with bottom line and not employee development / retention.
Good place to work at for 15 years.
Lead Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Streetsboro, OHFebruary 5, 2015
It was a good place to work at, and my co-workers were hard workers. I learned a lot about the different business within the shared services division. A new ERP system was integrated which enabled the AS400 system I worked on to be uploaded into the system to pay the bills in a timely manner.
Productive, Demanding, Challenging
Upkeep, operator, Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Waxahachie, TX Henderson, NCOctober 8, 2014
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: benefits are lacking in some areas
Start the day making sure all employees were in attendance and ready for work. Made sure all employees had the proper PPE and tools to perform their daily task. Keep quality and productions level up and down time to a minimum.

I've learned sometimes things will not go as planned and you must come up with solutions to fix the problem.

Management has expectations and sometimes its hard to meet but this is what is required.

Keeping a balance with all expectations and demands placed on a day to day varying production levels

Ending the day with expectations meet and all employees worked safe and everyone gets to go home with a good work day and attitude.
excellent
Senior Staff Accountant (Contractor) (Former Employee), Hudson, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Great environment and great helpful staff as we worked to solve a large backlog on unreconciled assets.
Fast paced, fun Job
Certification Technician (Former Employee), Hoosic Falls, NYApril 23, 2014
Pros: fun, fast paced day
Cons: long hours
Customer relations, QA/QC, certification, and computer work.

I learned a lot about quality and customer relations at this job.

The hardest part of this job was the long hours,and the most enjoyable part was the staff and day to day operations.
Great pay, poor management
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Hiram, OHApril 22, 2014
Completely disorganized management. Not worth the heartache, there are better jobs.
Terrible!
Management (Former Employee), CanadaJanuary 21, 2014
Cons: uncaring management, lots of back stabbers!
The GM in Canada does not care about his staff. He said himself "I can put on a good poker face". He didn't take safety seriously at all. Get's rid of people easily. Do not recommend working here at all!
great place to work. I was there for 38 years.
SGA - Manager of Maint. and Powerhouse (Former Employee), Worcester, MADecember 31, 2013
very collaborative workplace. Large company with lots of movement available.
This was by far the worst company where Ive ever worked. Ive never been treated like less than a person in my life. If not for the $ I wouldve left
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Valley Forge, PADecember 7, 2013
Pros: the pay was decent
Cons: temp for 3+ years during that time no one was hired, i was hired i was told it was temp to hire in a period of time or if a permanant left, 4 left and still hiring was forbidden, unqualified people to keep the price down, we as temps were to bring them along as perm people were too busy, they did the same job as us!
This company is more worried about headcount and pinching pennies than getting the job done correctly and efficiently. They promised me temp to hire and the whole 3+ years I was there they never hired a single person. They treat you like absolute garbage. The people in charge are not even in the same sate and had no idea what we did or how. They talk to you like you're less than human because you're a temp. They have 12 workers there and only three are permanent. We were forbidden from taking vacations unless the permanent people had been able to take all of theirs. WE were forbidden from participating in any extra curricular activities including the Christmas party only permanent people were deemed privledged to go even if you've benn there for years BUT when it came to getting the job done the "temps" were expected to give up their free time and weekends to get the job done while the permanent people were excluded from weekends and it was mandatory for temp.

This was by far the worst place Ive ever worked and have never been treated like less than a human being in my life.
working for the military and traveling a lot
technition (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHNovember 9, 2013
good place to work, always learning new things, very interesting Traveling a lot.
Would not recommend anyone at this particular plant
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Fort Devens, MASeptember 6, 2013
Cons: benefits are below average, management is self-focused, poor atmosphere for work
The particular plant I work at is very degrading with no prospects of advancement from within. It has a structure that places you in almost a caste system that is in no way positive. Work is so slow, this is a new plant (Oct 2011), because of the almost incompetent planning. One order in eight months that agreed was to with payment!

Workers that do not preform (what little is required)are not dealt with just ignored and their work is placed on others.
Very good place to work.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), ChowchillaAugust 12, 2013
Mostly working with people and very good place to work.
The maintenance department always worked very well with the other departments.
horrible hr managment
Former (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CAJune 18, 2013
worst hr managment,
lousy place
This is one of the worst companys to work for.the managment and hr stink
i would not recommend this compy to any one stay clear of it
nice places to work
Finishing Operator (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 13, 2013
great co-works n management, cut, sandblast, laser scribe, etc.
Links