SAINT-GOBAIN Employee Reviews

This was by far the worst company where Ive ever worked. Ive never been treated like less than a person in my life. If not for the $ I wouldve left
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PADecember 7, 2013
This company is more worried about headcount and pinching pennies than getting the job done correctly and efficiently. They promised me temp to hire and the whole 3+ years I was there they never hired a single person. They treat you like absolute garbage. The people in charge are not even in the same sate and had no idea what we did or how. They talk to you like you're less than human because you're a temp. They have 12 workers there and only three are permanent. We were forbidden from taking vacations unless the permanent people had been able to take all of theirs. WE were forbidden from participating in any extra curricular activities including the Christmas party only permanent people were deemed privledged to go even if you've benn there for years BUT when it came to getting the job done the "temps" were expected to give up their free time and weekends to get the job done while the permanent people were excluded from weekends and it was mandatory for temp.

This was by far the worst place Ive ever worked and have never been treated like less than a human being in my life.
Pros
the pay was decent
Cons
temp for 3+ years during that time no one was hired, i was hired i was told it was temp to hire in a period of time or if a permanant left, 4 left and still hiring was forbidden, unqualified people to keep the price down, we as temps were to bring them along as perm people were too busy, they did the same job as us!
I loved going to South Carolina
Maintenance Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Saint-Gobain, 6105 Cynamide Rd, Benton, Ar. 72015January 2, 2016
A normal day at Saint Gobain started by going thru the email and looking or any problems that that accured the night before. insure that all mobile equipment was ready go, if not , call vendor to send maintenance tech for repair. Go thru all work request, and approve the one that be done. Alot of time is used planning work, ordering part, and working with production, and maintenance to schedule time for repairs.

At Saint gobain I was sent to class in South Carolina for maintenance panning/scheduling, as well as learning more about Infro EAM program. enter acting the maintenance tech every day, I was able to learn alot more about the machines.

The people in management were down to earth, and willing to help with any problems

I have to say that working with my wo-work at Saint Gobain was one of the best times I've had.

The hardest part of my job was scheduling the time of repair with production, maintenance, any mobile equipment, to the day that the parts would come in for the workorder. the part of my job that is the most enjoyable, is when all the planning, and scheduling makes for a smooth repair process, and the job is completed without any problems.
Pros
Learning more about the process
Cons
Not having manufacture manuals for equipment.
Saint Gobain is a place of beautiful glass
Inspector/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sparta, GAMay 9, 2012
My typical day at work included me helping the employees that I supervised check for defects in the glass and print on the glass. I filed correspondences, I types, I faxed, I accepted and rejected pallets. I also made tags and labels for my merchandise. I learned how to do a lot at Saint Gobain like check the print, glass, and paint quality once it gets onto the bare glass.I learned how to manage and supervise my own crew of about 25 people. The management was okay, I was on 3rd shift so we didn't have no managers only one team leader and he was wonderful. My co-works was was easy to train and to get along with. My people didn't give me any hassle because of my position they just got their work done. The hardest part of my job was moving the heavy pallets of glass with a pallet jack. The most enjoyable part of my job was being a supervisor. I really like to take charge.
Productive, Demanding, Challenging
Upkeep, operator, Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TX Henderson, NCOctober 8, 2014
Start the day making sure all employees were in attendance and ready for work. Made sure all employees had the proper PPE and tools to perform their daily task. Keep quality and productions level up and down time to a minimum.

I've learned sometimes things will not go as planned and you must come up with solutions to fix the problem.

Management has expectations and sometimes its hard to meet but this is what is required.

Keeping a balance with all expectations and demands placed on a day to day varying production levels

Ending the day with expectations meet and all employees worked safe and everyone gets to go home with a good work day and attitude.
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
benefits are lacking in some areas
On-time delivery of quality product and ensure customer satisfaction.
Representative (Former Employee) –  California, San DiegoNovember 12, 2015
Although the overall company expectation was high, but we managed to achieve it through team-work efforts. Extra trainings were offered to help improve performance and chance to grow. Introduction of a healthy and fun working environment through exercise. Safety awareness was a priority. I enjoyed working and learning from our great technical team 24/7. Management cared a lot about the welfare and continue to motivate employees at all times. I really enjoyed my work and was a great assistance to our customers because I had a variety of product knowledge and customer satisfaction was my priority.
Pros
Gifts and quarterly performance rewards.
Cons
Only 2 weeks vacations throughout the year.
Would not recommend anyone at this particular plant
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Devens, MASeptember 6, 2013
The particular plant I work at is very degrading with no prospects of advancement from within. It has a structure that places you in almost a caste system that is in no way positive. Work is so slow, this is a new plant (Oct 2011), because of the almost incompetent planning. One order in eight months that agreed was to with payment!

Workers that do not preform (what little is required)are not dealt with just ignored and their work is placed on others.
Cons
benefits are below average, management is self-focused, poor atmosphere for work
I loved my job
Sr. Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Washougal, WADecember 17, 2015
I loved my job with this company, and would have stayed forever, but was informed that my job was being eliminated, so I was let go. Then they turned around and gave my position to someone else after I was let go. I still kept a positive attitude, because maybe it was time for me to move on to new adventures, because the company closed up about two years later, due to poor managing.
Pros
Great place to work with great people
Cons
Poor management
Excellent college program.
Kiln Setter/Drawer (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 23, 2015
I started at Saint-Gobain following my High School graduation. Saint-Gobain offers an amazing College Program that allows students to make their own work schedule. This allowed me to attend as a full-time student, while also making a competitive pay salary. For every hour worked, Saint-Gobain compensated a bonus at the end of each semester to be used towards tuition costs.
Saint Gobain cares about employee safety.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 23, 2015
You change your clothes to your Saint Gobain uniform
How to work with chemicals
Set up game plans with the needs of the customer
Teamwork everyone works together for the customer satisfaction
Researching and Developing
When you conquer a project in Researching and Developing. and start the product for sale
Pros
Saint Gobain cares about their employee
Cons
No AC during the hot summers
Good place to work at for 15 years.
Lead Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHFebruary 5, 2015
It was a good place to work at, and my co-workers were hard workers. I learned a lot about the different business within the shared services division. A new ERP system was integrated which enabled the AS400 system I worked on to be uploaded into the system to pay the bills in a timely manner.
Fun
Human Resources Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 25, 2015
Place is amazing,
Great benefits, great experience and the people are unbelievably kind.

I worked in HR and dealt with people all day it was something I had not had this much exposure to but I feel like my skills have grown leaps and bounds from being here.
Terrible!
Management (Former Employee) –  CanadaJanuary 21, 2014
The GM in Canada does not care about his staff. He said himself "I can put on a good poker face". He didn't take safety seriously at all. Get's rid of people easily. Do not recommend working here at all!
Cons
uncaring management, lots of back stabbers!
Lots of over time
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 11, 2015
Lots of changes in the management and there way of applying new rules. My typical day was none stop. I learned that there is no job security or advancement unless your a favorite.
Pros
fair wages
Cons
Poor Management
great job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 16, 2015
worked from 5:30 am to 2:30.
Close enough to my apartment I go home for lunch

Generally like the people who work here

Good benefits

Job description will probably look good on a resume
Lean Organization
Retail Account Manager, Roofing Product Group (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAFebruary 28, 2015
Lean organization asks a lot from their employees, but compensates accordingly. Immediate management was approachable and worked hard to develop employees. Senior management was concerned with bottom line and not employee development / retention.
Fast paced, fun Job
Certification Technician (Former Employee) –  Hoosic Falls, NYApril 23, 2014
Customer relations, QA/QC, certification, and computer work.

I learned a lot about quality and customer relations at this job.

The hardest part of this job was the long hours,and the most enjoyable part was the staff and day to day operations.
Pros
fun, fast paced day
Great Company
Plant Finance Controller - Luxury Perfumery, USA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2015
Global industrial company without a rigide organisation. Diversity of products and customer segments. Exciting missions in emerging countries. Rewards initiative and innovation.
Pros
Diversity of products and types of customers, inclusive environment, reward initiative
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNMarch 22, 2015
It was a great place to work with great people. It's hard to carry glass until you get used to how your suppose to carry it and who you carry it with.
Pros
breaks, working as a team
Cons
if you work with someone not safety oriented
lousy place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  sparta,gaJuly 3, 2012
This is one of the worst companys to work for.the managment and hr stink
i would not recommend this compy to any one stay clear of it
Cons
worst managed place i ever worked
A real good company
Leadperson (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 14, 2015
I loved the job. I was planning on retiring, but another company bought it. I was glad to get up every morning and go to work...
Pros
Good pay and Benefits