Saint-Gobain Employee Reviews

Work hard for low pay, sketchy benefits and no holidays off!
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, MIMarch 8, 2017
I had high hopes for st gobain in beaverton mi. The day I started I found out that my vacation and personal time were cut half of employees that started just a few months before me due to new company policy's. The health insurance was costing a ridiculous amount for basic family coverage, around $150 a week. I was making $12 an hour doing 12 hour days, no life balance! No holidays off, they even work on Christmas. 7 days a week. In orientation they talk of high importance on production quality but when you work it's speed and quantity they want. St gobain just doesn't care about employees or there family! Those employees were some of the most miserable peaple I ever came across, accept a job there and you'll soon find out.
Pros
Clean facilities. 401k
Cons
Everything else
Nothing fun aboug it th8s job. Just get ur work done and your good
Machine Operator/Packer (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJanuary 26, 2017
It like any other job. A job is a job... management needs to improve a little more
Hardest part of the job is hand packing... I had a machine and it broke down 6 months ago and company not wiling to fix it. So got to meet quota every day. Pack out 2,600 packs by day. That's what the machine packed out that's what they expect me to pack out in a day.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks bad pay
good people to work with, bad management
shipping, recieving (Former Employee) –  Travelers Rest, SCJanuary 4, 2017
receiving products from various clients, companies, etc.
ship orders to customers all over the world per FedEx, UPS or DHL
management is horrible
co works made the job worth going everyday
lifting and not having proper lifting equipment made the job hard
the hours and friendly employees were the enjoyable parts
Pros
Cons
benefits R horrible
Good benefits; Do a lot with employees.
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 8, 2016
I have worked for 32 years at SG. I found it to be a fun place to work with great benefits. I have always been treated fairly, only left because of a reorg. because of the field I was in I enjoyed helping others. I also enjoyed working with my co-workers. All in all it is a great place to work.
Pros
Good Benefits
Best Job in the Area
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albion, NYFebruary 5, 2017
Great company to work for with good pay and benefits. Downside is your hours may fluctuate greatly from week to week with swing shift. Otherwise the best manufacturing facility in the Orleans County area.
Typical workplace. Workers were there to do a job, and the job got done.
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXAugust 2, 2016
Each day had familiar, yet new challenges. Mostly were due to minor equipment faults. The workday went relatively smoothly once the team found their rhythm. During my time there, I learned how to cope with changing conditions and ways to communicate with co-workers and supervisors. Although everyone in the workplace did not always see eye-to-eye, we were able to communicate and complete the tasks at hand. The hardest part of the job was probably keeping up production with frequent drawbacks in either equipment, communication, or any number of hindering events. The most enjoyably part of the job was the relationship built between the members of the team working on the machine.
Pros
Good healthcare benefits, no experience necessary benefits included discounts to many local businesses
Cons
No exceptions made for any policies beyond those detailed specified in the employee handbook, no part-time opportunities, spotty communication between different tiers of employees
Great benefits -plant shutdown
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 11, 2016
Plant shutdown 6 months after employment. Left another company to work for this company. Pay was excellent , benefits too. Too bad it did nt work out with the company staying open.
Hardworking and friendly place to work
Medical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 4, 2016
I have very much enjoyed working at Saint Gobain for almost 2 years now. The management and supervisors are always there to help when it is needed and the employees are always hardworking and willing to work as a time. I have enjoyed getting more into leadership roles and training in new employees and showing them the knowledge I have learned over the time i have been here.
Pros
Good benefits, work hours, no weekends, unique environment
Cons
Not good raise, no overtime, management can be a little pooor
Great employees
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Portage, WIMay 19, 2016
Saint-Gobain is a busy, fast paced work environment and is very stable.

The company offers a competitive wage and benefits, nice 401k match and a pension type of fund for employees.

The type of manufacturing work is considered "light" as opposed to a more heavy industrial setting.

Employees have frequent overtime opportuntities which is also a disadvantage at times. Overall the management team is a good group of people that care about the employees.
Professional company with great employees
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Saint-Gobain Abrasives. It is a great company with great benefits. The employees are hard working and are a great team.
Pros
Benefits, great atmosphere
Cons
Promotions are rare
This was actually the best job ever , , , it was the management that sucked.
Senior Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  MoundsviApril 29, 2016
The atmosphere was not comfortable. Very separated and hostile environment. Not team oriented. Schedule and ability to work from home was great. Pay was amazing. Good benefits. Kept me busy and always had opportunity to learn new things. This was the first time I working and interacted with an international company. It was a very good learning lesson. I enjoyed traveling to Canada and being provided that and many other opportunities.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Sad, sorry, and diffifcult managment. Not a Team environment
Work was challenging, yet interesting and fun to learn.
Sr. Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hiram, OHMay 25, 2016
I enjoyed the group of people that I worked with. We had a good core that all complimented each other very well. The hours were nice, and benefits were good.
Pros
Generall work environment, co-workers.
Cons
lack of communication from management
Average challenges, average pay, average environment!
Researcher (Current Employee) –  New York StateAugust 17, 2016
It is a relatively safe job. Work is not very challenging and consequently, opportunities for advancement in career are very limited. HR plays a very strong role and one's visibility to HR will be helpful for advancement opportunities. Technical success can be secondary! Performance management is pretty much a lip service - does not translate to any actionable activities.
Pros
Environmentally responsible company, Global organization
Cons
Lack of credible performance management, namesake systems/procedures
Good Place to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Good place to work. managers are very effective in bringing out Company Goals and KPI's.
The Culture from the CEO down to the working operators is very easy to understand and persue.
Great Training
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Granville, NYJanuary 27, 2017
Great training at Corporate level. Lacking in implementation at local level as well as high press coverage on environmental short comings in area. Great long service hard-working employees. Tapping that resource would allow for higher profit margins and less opportunity for safety incidents.
Pros
Great training and Corporate culture
Cons
Corporate culture not applied
No work/life balance
Quality Control Inspector 1st shift (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 8, 2017
Be prepared to work every other weekend. Management is bipolar. Policies change evey other day. Can't leave the building to get some fresh air. Prisons even let the inmates out. If you're a smoker this is not the job for you. No contingency plans whatsoever.
Pros
Cons
Work weekends. HR doesn't care.
Sales & Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 1, 2017
This is a good company to work for. However, there has been some drive to reduce head count as a way of increasing profit in the last 5 years and it's unsettling.
Pros
much autonomy
Cons
unstable management
Job paid good, but hot
Journeymen glass maker (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 7, 2016
The work was very hard \, heavy lifting/ Very hot . Had good benefits, the management needs help. All they care about is getting the product out, they don't about the employees, an really not much about the finished product. Coworkers were good, Job paid good, very dangerous job
International company started in 1665 by Loui XIII
Quality Manager, Solar Gard Thin Films (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2016
Heavy meeting schedules
How to deal with international personnalities
Each site is autonomus with it management styles
Fun co-workers
Solving problems and having happy customers, both internal and external
David
Mantenance (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 23, 2016
It was a good job a .learned a lot about trouble shooting different types of equipment .management was good .co workers were fun and easy to work with .the hardest part was telling your friends that they were layed off at the end
Pros
They done a lot of good things
Cons
Plant shut down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint-Gobain. Our community is ready to answer.