Saint-Gobain Employee Reviews

Fast paced enviroment, with lots to do
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Albion, NYAugust 17, 2017
Operating and maintaining machines. Some paperwork to enter on computers. Maintaining the assembly line while others are packing and palletizing the product.
Positive Environment
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 11, 2017
It was a positive environment when it first started out.
But they were selling the company after a short time. The company was a bad investment for Saint Gobain.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No job stability
Ok place to work.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ALAugust 8, 2017
Shifts did not communicate with each other. Other than that , it was a good place to work. We worked a seven day swing shift that was hard to get used to .
Pros
The people on my shift.
Cons
Hot in summer and cold in winter.
Great Company!
Quality Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Portage, WIAugust 8, 2017
The company has a great tuition reimbursement plan; pension plan and 401k. Many beneficial changes happened in management team in the last 18 months.
Many career advancement opportunities.
Cons
expensive healthcare
Nobody knew what they were doing
Quality Control / Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newbury, OHAugust 7, 2017
The people with many years of experience were always passed by and the people that did not know anything and kissed butt were always treated better. I was originally hired to operate, maintain, and program a CNC machine and years later with my full background before working here and during; I was passed by when a new machine was purchased, I would try to give my input as to how things should be and how to improve lead times and upper management did their own things and parts were constantly shipped out because they were not to speck.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Management is all new and doesn't know anything
Excellent Company
Machine Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 3, 2017
I interned here the summer of 2015. I loved working for this company. Everyone from my boss to the receptionist were always super supportive of myself and the other interns. I was given a large project to complete over my few months there. Although seemingly impossible at first, with the help of my coworkers and other interns we were able to get a lot done. I was also given several side projects which all were a lot of fun and very rewarding.
Fast Paced Environment
Corporate Accountant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAJuly 31, 2017
Fast paced environment dealing with various levels of colleagues and management on a daily basis. Knowledge of the French language is a plus. Promotes from within.
Manager of Communications (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAJuly 29, 2017
Saint-Gobain is a great place to work, with plenty of opportunities both domestically and globally for bright, enthusiastic people.

The culture is in the process of changing (that is, improving) from being very button-down and conservative to becoming more flexble and inclusive.

Compensation and benefits are middle-of-the-road. Decent but not top-dollar.
Pros
Global opportunities
Cons
Silos between businesses
Former Financial Analyst
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Olyphant, PAJuly 28, 2017
Got the job a week after graduating from university. The job seemed great, great salary, perfect hours, then out of nowhere my plant's location decided to cut the finance department and eliminated my job without notice. Just in time for my student loans to kick in.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Management is cut throat, poor training, my office literally had no windows.
Non productive front office. No team work with little training.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 28, 2017
Thought-out my 8 months working in Akron plant, I have never been so belittled and ran down in my life. Phrases such as “worthless”, “weak in experience”, "performed slow", “garbage work”, and “newly graduated college student could have done better".

I don’t feel Akron had given enough time, or patience to prove my skills and expertise. With no training and an “I don’t understand why you can’t get this done faster”, attitude with a negative cloud over head, it was very hard to get along with management team.

This location needs help with front office attitudes and job description knowledge to understand how a working team in business can accomplish anything.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of team work.
Saint Gobain is a terrible place to work.
Transportation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAJuly 27, 2017
Saint Gobain is a terrible place to work. The building we worked in was terribly kept, the technology they were using was outdated and we had no support, and the pay was not reflective of the job requirements.
Fun workplace
Picking/packer (Former Employee) –  Sparta, GAJuly 24, 2017
Ill recommend people to work in this place . its very laid back and great sometimes it could be just to hot and the pay doesn't add up to the work you had been done did.
Pros
Snaks
Cons
Short breaks
Competitve job, and competitive wages. Clean work environemnt
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 23, 2017
A typical day would be working the ream machine and making grinding wheels. I have learned how to operate the various ream machines that were there. Management was adequate. The work culture was very calm and peaceful. The hardest park of the job was knowing that asbestos was in the building. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a full cafeteria on site.
Pros
Having a full cafeteria on site, and how close it was to my house.
Cons
Asbestos being present in the building
Enjoyed working there. Great people.
Control Room Kiln Operator (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARJuly 22, 2017
I enjoyed my job at the company. I would be still there if it had not been for consent layoffs due to oil prices. I would recommend the company to anyone that's in need of a great place to work.
Pros
Dupont Schedule. 7 off every month
Cons
Layoffs due to oil prices
Avoid
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2017
This company in Plainfield does not care about it's employees. The management there is only concerned with the numbers.They will work employees until they drop and then push them to the side.
work hard had ac in building
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJuly 18, 2017
great place to work great people to work with was very hard moving up not less you were friends with higher up or realative some of work was hard and couldnt get help most the time most time went by fast and worked lots of overtime sometimes didnt want it
Pros
45 min lunch
Cons
only 1 break and it was in morning
Entrepreneurial environment
Product/Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 17, 2017
Saint-Gobain gave me the opportunity to grow into the business leader I am today. With a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, new products, first to market and innovative solutions were the target set and hit.
Great job!
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARJuly 17, 2017
Enjoyed my time there - would've been longer but industry changes & cut backs happen... Stayed pretty dirty while there, but was a good challenge every shift & learned a lot.
Pros
Challenging and varied work
Cons
Very dirty, rotating day/night schedule, volatile market
Great co workers in Fabrication here in Merrimack NH but management and supervisor aren't good
Lead (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHJuly 12, 2017
If you want to join this st gobain. Go for tower operator. Fabrication is under paid and supervisor and lead protect each other. A lot of unfairness in the the fab department. Management doesn't know squat about what's going on on the floor. Like I said apply for towers. The management in that department seems to have it together more.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Supervisor/management/underpaid
Saint-Gobain
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAJuly 10, 2017
Good growth and management supported staff. Quick fast paced learning environment. A good learning base to help jump start your career in the financial and accounting field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint-Gobain. Our community is ready to answer.