Saint-Gobain Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great place to work!
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Portage, WISeptember 20, 2017
I gained great experience working in an industrial manufacturing setting. Everyone is very nice and work hard everyday. Management at times can be a bit transparent
Has Potential to be better
OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, MISeptember 19, 2017
The job will keep you busy, and if you are found to have a short period of time with no work, it is frowned upon to not look busy. If I could explain the management, I will use the term "toxic Leadership". It's about who you know around here. As long as you are a yes man to the management, you may go far. If you like to have friends here, then management won't favor you. I have seen worse leadership, but this is a location that needs to be restructured.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
toxic leaders, look out for number one attitude
Best Work Culture
Executive - Indirect Taxation (Current Employee) –  INSeptember 12, 2017
Best Work Culture,Corporate governance is good, Salary is too low in compare to industry, Better work life balance, You can manage your personal and professional life
Work is hard, but management is fair
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portage, WISeptember 7, 2017
Sometimes difficult to work with all characters involved, but can usually work effectively with all involved including engineering, production and sales.
Pros
good 401k
Cons
noisy and fast paced
I enjoyed working at Saint-Gobain
Associate Buyer (Former Employee) –  Newbury, OHAugust 25, 2017
I was very happy at Saint-Gobain. They provided me with many opportunities for advancement. Through that opportunity, not only did I gain my college education, but I do so while applying those skills on a day to day basis. I enjoyed all the employees, managers, and suppliers that I worked with.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with orders that were late. Sometimes, there is nothing you can do to get an order on your dock. I enjoyed saving the company money, and being able to assist production in making their production goals by ensuring they had the supplies they needed.
Benefits
Cons
I really don't have anything to say that is negative.
Workplace culture was balanced.
Senior Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYAugust 25, 2017
Typical work day was fast paced. I learned significant engineering technical information on advanced ceramic engineered materials. My immediate management was balanced. The management above him was intense. Plant workplace culture was balanced. Hardest part of job was initially learning the advanced ceramics manufacturing processes as I had no previous experience with advanced ceramics. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers.
Pros
Excellent salary with annual bonus. Excellent benefits. Fast paced environment.
Cons
None.
The hardest part of the job
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Sparta, GAAugust 24, 2017
Saint Go-Bain was a job of patience. You have to able to work in extreme hot because there is no AC. You must have the ability to work well with others. If someone wanted to pursue a career here, they could.
Pros
breaks
Cons
short breaks
positive co-workers, not micro-managed,
Shipping/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 22, 2017
I was a temp with no chance of being hired, however the people I worked with were all very nice and helpful and management wasn't too bad. In regards to management at least in the shipping department, i was able to do my work without being micro manged which is a big plus for me. I was able to learn a few different things and the overtime was decent.
Fast paced enviroment, with lots to do
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Albion, NYAugust 17, 2017
Operating and maintaining machines. Some paperwork to enter on computers. Maintaining the assembly line while others are packing and palletizing the product.
Positive Environment
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 11, 2017
It was a positive environment when it first started out.
But they were selling the company after a short time. The company was a bad investment for Saint Gobain.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No job stability
Ok place to work.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ALAugust 8, 2017
Shifts did not communicate with each other. Other than that , it was a good place to work. We worked a seven day swing shift that was hard to get used to .
Pros
The people on my shift.
Cons
Hot in summer and cold in winter.
Great Company!
Quality Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Portage, WIAugust 8, 2017
The company has a great tuition reimbursement plan; pension plan and 401k. Many beneficial changes happened in management team in the last 18 months.
Many career advancement opportunities.
Cons
expensive healthcare
Nobody knew what they were doing
Quality Control / Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newbury, OHAugust 7, 2017
The people with many years of experience were always passed by and the people that did not know anything and kissed butt were always treated better. I was originally hired to operate, maintain, and program a CNC machine and years later with my full background before working here and during; I was passed by when a new machine was purchased, I would try to give my input as to how things should be and how to improve lead times and upper management did their own things and parts were constantly shipped out because they were not to speck.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Management is all new and doesn't know anything
Excellent Company
Machine Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 3, 2017
I interned here the summer of 2015. I loved working for this company. Everyone from my boss to the receptionist were always super supportive of myself and the other interns. I was given a large project to complete over my few months there. Although seemingly impossible at first, with the help of my coworkers and other interns we were able to get a lot done. I was also given several side projects which all were a lot of fun and very rewarding.
Fast Paced Environment
Corporate Accountant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAJuly 31, 2017
Fast paced environment dealing with various levels of colleagues and management on a daily basis. Knowledge of the French language is a plus. Promotes from within.
Manager of Communications (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAJuly 29, 2017
Saint-Gobain is a great place to work, with plenty of opportunities both domestically and globally for bright, enthusiastic people.

The culture is in the process of changing (that is, improving) from being very button-down and conservative to becoming more flexble and inclusive.

Compensation and benefits are middle-of-the-road. Decent but not top-dollar.
Pros
Global opportunities
Cons
Silos between businesses
Former Financial Analyst
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Olyphant, PAJuly 28, 2017
Got the job a week after graduating from university. The job seemed great, great salary, perfect hours, then out of nowhere my plant's location decided to cut the finance department and eliminated my job without notice. Just in time for my student loans to kick in.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Management is cut throat, poor training, my office literally had no windows.
Non productive front office. No team work with little training.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 28, 2017
Thought-out my 8 months working in Akron plant, I have never been so belittled and ran down in my life. Phrases such as “worthless”, “weak in experience”, "performed slow", “garbage work”, and “newly graduated college student could have done better".

I don’t feel Akron had given enough time, or patience to prove my skills and expertise. With no training and an “I don’t understand why you can’t get this done faster”, attitude with a negative cloud over head, it was very hard to get along with management team.

This location needs help with front office attitudes and job description knowledge to understand how a working team in business can accomplish anything.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of team work.
Saint Gobain is a terrible place to work.
Transportation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAJuly 27, 2017
Saint Gobain is a terrible place to work. The building we worked in was terribly kept, the technology they were using was outdated and we had no support, and the pay was not reflective of the job requirements.
Fun workplace
Picking/packer (Former Employee) –  Sparta, GAJuly 24, 2017
Ill recommend people to work in this place . its very laid back and great sometimes it could be just to hot and the pay doesn't add up to the work you had been done did.
Pros
Snaks
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint-Gobain. Our community is ready to answer.