Saint Agnes Hospital Employee Reviews

Very Refreshing with Smiles Everyday
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2017
Clean assign areas of the hospital with proper cleaning cleanser. Return all uses cleaning equipment and supplys to assign area.
Every Morning before the staff start the day we have a short team meeting on being more careful making sure we are forward and focus on safety for others and staff.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
My review
Histologist non-certified (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 28, 2016
Saint Agnes was a great place to work at. There were wonderful people there and it was more like a family oriented place to be. If I could have the opportunity to come back I would.
Pros
Pay
Cons
per diem
It was a good work experience
CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 30, 2016
I liked working at saint agnes hospital, It was very interesting and unique experience. You would meet people there that were friendly and kind. To bad it closed down.
Working at Saint was best
Practicum Intern Affiliate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2016
I did a one month internship with St. Agnes. I worked in labor Unit, the Cancer Unit, Well Baby Unit and the EMs
Worked with RNs,Drs. trained as pct.
clerical
Registration Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21229August 5, 2016
lots of exposer to emergency room environment. Dealt with injured, and traumatized individuals. Learned alot about health insurances what type to buy and what type to avoid buying.
Pros
fun making friends
Cons
no advancement unless your into medical field, which i am not
Life in the ER
Registration Liaison (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2016
working in the registration department is a pretty easy task its just alot of running around to depending on what day it is(MONDAYS ARE THE BUSIEST FOR ERS and of course first of the month) what makes it eventful are the patients you deal with lots of funny stories I could write a new york times best selling book if I had the time. regarding the area this hospital is located in you see frequent overdose,heart attacks,suicidal,psych patients and of course the usual stuff possible stds,cuts, assualt victims just to name a few. as far as my coworkers its a few good ones the rest are 2 steps away from brain dead(no really some people make this job more complicated then it really is) and management is poor they dont take heed to suggestions employees give and not tech savy. to request a vacation we have to fill out a paper form(come on people its 2016 get with the program) people tend to call out sometimes alot and management doesnt hesitate to work you like a modern day slave as long as upper management doesnt have to come in they dont care if the shift is covered all the way or not. but all in all this dept is just to get your foot in the door not a place i would actually stay to prosper would use this as a stepping stone. oh yea other hospitals pay way better for this dept dont be fooled. some of the nurses and doctors i come in contact with are cool and nice but of course you always have some rotten apples in the bunch
Pros
discounted cafe food, tuition reimbursement, free parking
Cons
compensation, upper management, old computer systems
Steady
LEAD TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 5, 2016
I found it difficult to make changes to the work environment. There seemed to be a hesitancy on the part of management to do anything bold.
Short employment
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 15, 2016
I worked for this organization for a very short time due to the hospital being closed shortly after I started working there. I did learn a lot during my short time there.
needs new management
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21229May 24, 2016
not an organize place to work. Turn over rate is very high. staff is not appreciated. New management is needed. This hospital has no clinical ladder and its suppose to be an teaching hospital. you will do fine there if you have no dreams in advancing your career.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
no clinical ladder
Team player, reliable, flexible
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2016
Look on a board that tells you were you will be need for the day in the operating room. I learned that everyone needs to feel that everything is going to be alright. Management was very helpful and hands on. My co-workers really was helpful and reliable. The hardest part was seeing how worried and afraid people was on there way to the operating room. I always wished I could've done something to ease there mind. The most enjoyable part was just being with people that was happy that they were finally getting done what they've wanted to for years.
Family supportive and Broad- Base Informative Hospital
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working at this facility. Deeply regrets leaving. This was a Teaching Hospital which allowed me learned so many things over the years. However, I relocated to Deltona, FL to explore new opportunity and to get Married and retire here.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Long distance parking
Nice place to work
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 27, 2016
I worked in the baltimore location, ER it was nice and busy, staff can become rude or catty, but thats everywhere a bunch of women are.
Overal it's an OK place to work
Friendly work environment where everyone is willing to learn and teach.
respiratory therapist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2016
I have enjoyed and still enjoy going to work at Saint Agnes Hospital. From day one I have felt welcomed to be there. There is ample opportunity for learning new things and I look forward to my future with Saint Agnes.
Great Place to Learn
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2015
Room to grow and learn.
always option to do overtime.
This hospital will hire new grads.
ER is very busy.
overall not too bad
Pros
overtime
Cons
short staff
This was a contract position
Neurodiagnostic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2015
Becuase this was a contract position the job security wasn't the greatest but the management, physicians and other co- workers were generous and just a pleasure to work with,
CNA,Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 27, 2015
I clocked in and waited to get report from the PCT on my assigned patients. I checked in on the patients to see what was done and what needed to be completed. I then did a set of vital signs on all of my patients and assisted them who needed to go to the restroom or to be changed. I gave water and follow the care plan that was provided by the RN. I assisted the RN with any and all task that needed to be completed. I monitored my patient and secured their safety. I learn how to multitask in a busy environment. The management staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. My co-workers were a little tuff but that just made me a better worker. The hardest part of the job was leaving, because that was a great opportunity for me to be there. I mostly enjoyed the holidays, the staff use to have big buffets and give out gifts to all the nurses especially on nurse day.
Pros
Holiday gifts
Cons
lay offs
Team work needs to be improved
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 10, 2015
Assist nursing staff when necessary to perform wound care, assess patient condition, and effectively use critical thinking and problem solving skills
Take vital signs according to protocol, test blood glucose levels, chart patient information on electronic system, and provide patient care
Provide customer service, use communication skills effectively
pay rate was not up to date
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2015
clock in gather my things needed to be productive and went to the assigned floor management was great co-workers awesome it was like my second family hardest part of the job was not having the things I needed to do my job correctly the most enjoyable part of the job was like a family great atmospheres with the co-workers
not a great place to work
Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2015
underpaid for the amount of work you are expected to do, they are always understaffed
Great Place to work
Café and Aide Porter (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Cafeteria was a great place to learn different traits of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Agnes Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.