Saint Agnes Medical Center

Saint Agnes Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work at
Physician Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Happy co-workers and good support staff
Cons: Many patients that need to be seen; Have to pay for food in cafeteria
The staff at this hospital are wonderful. There is a real sense of "team" approach to the level of care given to patients. I have never had so much support staff to help me complete my duties (scribe to do my charting, tech for fetching my supplies and dressing my pt's wounds, RN for discharging my pt's and giving meds, etc.). This gives me more time to focus on the patient and their problem. When I first started, everyone would come up to me and introduce themselves and let me know that if I needed anything to just let them know. Most of the staff has been there for 5-10 years. If someone has been there 2 years, they are considered "new." At the last hospital I was at, you were seniority if you had been there 2 years! It is very nice to work with a large group of people that are happy to come to work every day. This makes going to work much easier and enjoyable and it also puts our patients at ease. I have to commend the techs, nursing staff and scribes for their outstanding work ethic and always wanting to put the patients care first.
Mind, Body and Spirit focused
Manager Care Coordination/Social Services Depts (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: spiritual environment
Cons: restrictive nature of US healthcare
Ejoyable work environment filled with spirited, passionate professionals who give their all to provide the best acute care available in the Central Valley.
Most difficult part of the job involves circumstances related to changes and alterations in health insurance which frequently do not mesh with the needs and expectations of patients.
Best part of the job involves the passionate spirits of the employees who serve our patients.
Great staff members but not a great environement
RN (Former Employee), Fresno,CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: staff/benefits
Cons: work stress, pay and managment
Worked for the hospital for twelve years. The first 7 years was all about the staff moral and the focus of excellent patient care. The last five years, the staff was no longer part of a team but now subordinates and the focus was no longer about excellent patient care but rather a number. Every department within the walls seems to be under severe pressure thus causing a lot of staff turn over. Staff support is lacking and the turn over of CEO's speaks volumes for this once most respected hospital in the community.
ok place to work
Registered Radiologic Technologist III (Current Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Cons: missed breaks no pay
very busy, alway asked to flex to save dept money, an environment where RNs look down on rest of staff. Also where the RN have more say then Doctors do
Very good place for building character
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: very friendly
Cons: not enough staff in our department
I've had a awesome time working for this company. It's help showed me that I want build on a career in the medical field and gave me some tools to show me that it can be done.
A high pay and high stress job. Processing lab specimens and patient data.
Customer Service Representative (Lab) (Former Employee), Fresno CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay with healthcare and 403b.
Cons: high stess environment. required to work outside of listed availability. working with bodily fluids.
Review requisition forms for notable errors. Transfer orders from the requisition form to lab computers, along with patient information. Input insurance information. Load specimens into J.A.C.K. to be tested. Answer calls from doctors, updating them as necessary.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about medicine. The hardest part, was the stress of knowing if you work to slow or make mistakes from working to fast, someone will die.
I've worked for SAMC for 20+ years
OP Scheduler (Former Employee), Centralized SchedulingDecember 6, 2014
I have been in 3 different departments and roles while @ SAMC and have learned valuable lessons from each.
Enjoyed partnering with other departments.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fresno, CaOctober 3, 2014
Great working environment from my department as well as those partnered with.
eh
EoC/Temp Position (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: eh
Cons: eh
Was a great place to work back in 2004, since then management has changed with all the health laws and I would not recommend anyone to seek employment at this facility.
great overall place
CafĂ© & Dinning Aide (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 2, 2014
worked with different people in a good setting. worked with food and drinks, ran cash register
Great experience to observe what medical careers is like
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fresno,CaJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free drink
Cons: n/a
Being a volunteer at Saint Agnes Medical Center was a great experience to observe the different careers that takes place in a hospital. By having the opportunity to meet different people within the hospital,who had a different job career, and how much they enjoy their job.How important to treat others with respect and always having a positive attitude.
great place to work at
Med/Surg RN (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 24, 2014
Did my clinical here and working with great nurses and management.
Happy and sad Workplace.
Distribution Technician (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 29, 2014
Provide sick patients with the medication they need. Transport patients throughout the hospital. Hardest part about job was seeing people pass away.
Health Information Technician (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained. Retrieve patient records for physicians, technicians or other personnel. Release information to patients and agencies according to regulations. Prepare and copy subpoena request for medical records. Perform day to day administrative tasks such as maintaining medical information files. Occasionally assist the Birth Certificate Clerk with retrieving and entering information in the Vital Records & Social Security data base.
Productive Workplace with friendly and unified staff
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fresn, CaliforniaNovember 18, 2013
Pros: working with a unified team
Although I worked as a volunteer Quality Analyst for 18 months, filling a role that filled a void due to budget constraints, my experience was great due to the supportive and friendly staff. I was accepted as part of their team immediately and enjoyed my daily interactions. Due to laws in California where volunteers could not fill a void left by budget constraints I was terminated. I am anxious to return in whatever capacity I can fulfill to again participate in the hospital mission.
Great management team
Supervisor Nutrition Operations (Current Employee), Fresno, CaJuly 9, 2013
Pros: great benefits and on site day care
Cons: changes to health care
There is room for growth at this company. They tend to promote from within and they are very committed to their core values. Supervisors have lots of responsibility and can have the most effect on the department.
Challenging and Great Environment
Team Lead, Liaison for URO, Analyst (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 6, 2013
Highest regards to SAMC....Always encouraging guiding behaviors and great associates to work with on a daily basis.
this is where i had my externship
ekg tech (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2013
Pros: i loved my experience here
Cons: they closed down
Very proud to have done my externship at St Agnes Medical Center. The employees really took me under their wing to give me work place experience.
good working environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: good place to work
Cons: no advancement
Fast paced day assisting patients and co workers. Pleasant working environment.
Nice place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 20, 2012
Nice place to work, working here is a challange, fast paced and a joy to work for