Saint Agnes Medical Center Employee Reviews

Caring people
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 10, 2017
Working as Guest Services at Saint Agnes Medical Center is very relaxing, especially on the weekends. I learned how to communicate with people under stressful times. During work, I help visitors by providing them with the room number of the patient they are wanting to see as well escorting them.
Volunteer
Volunteer Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 9, 2017
Although I did not actually work at Saint Agnes, I would recommend for anyone to work there. Patients are amazing and the short amount of time I've volunteered at SAMC, it was a great experience.
Pros
Meeting a lot of amazing people
Great experience
Service Surgical asst. (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 4, 2017
The knowledge i gained, and the experience i had working in the O. R. rooms was helpful. It was hard work, but very rewarding to be a part of a staff of hard working, and dedicated people. I gained a great knowledge of the professionalism in the medical field. I enjoyed the various surgeries i worked in the most.
Pros
working in surgery, benefits, great staff
Cons
very physical work, moving heavy equipment, heavy lifting
Learned a lot
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 16, 2016
I loved working at Saint Agnes medical center because of the positive atmosphere. The nurses were so sweet and taught me a lot in how to further my education to follow their footsteps.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Excellent workplace and good management.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93720June 9, 2016
I have good experience working in this company for 2 years, management always takes care of their employees and good people to work with and most of all well compensated as an employee.
Pros
Give incentives to employees.
Good Place to work
Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 12, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed working with all the employees. This organization is all about caring for their patients and employees, which creates a good place to work
Not what it used to be
Clinical Assistant/ CSR (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 14, 2015
SAMC was once a wonderful place to work, now not so much! They are very understaffed and over worked. Management and supervisors are disrespectful and do not care about the staff they are overseeing, instead of appreciating all the hard work and Ot you do you will be put down and be told you need to work harder and faster. Not about their core values at all, they are all about the money and numbers instead of patient care or staff safety, it's an extremely stressful place to work.....I would not recommend anyone to work here notated how desperate you are for work.
Pros
Pay
Overrated hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 1, 2015
St. Agnes was once known as the best hospital in the valley for the upmost highest of care. At time this it was true, now not so much. Upper management does not care about their workers. The overall team work is close to none. The general goal of this place is money.
Pros
few fellow co workers
Cons
too many to count
It's a very diversed place to work, everyone is friendly, and there is prayer held every morning. Awesome!
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 17, 2015
I totally enjoy this job. I enjoy working will people from all walks of life. I love that we can work together as a team. I would recommend this company to anyone that wants to work Per Diem, Part-time, or Full-time employment. If you love working with friendly people, Saint Agnes Medical Center is a great place!
Nurse Assistant, Unit Secretary
Nurse Assistant, Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 15, 2015
Answering multiple line telephone system, professional telephone etiquette, data entry and typing skills, perform physical exams, obtain vital signs, administer injections, charting and collect medical history.
Pros
Hospital environment
Cons
p.m. shift
Nurse Assistant, Unit Secretary
Nurse Assistant, Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 29, 2015
Perform physical exams, obtain vital signs, charting and collect medical history,injections, assisted physician's and nurse with patient care.
My favorite Job
Food Services Associate/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  fresno caSeptember 17, 2015
managers and supervisors are pretty nice and decent at their jobs. other workers are usually fun and nice to work with. pay was ok for the work but medical benefits are terrible.
Pros
the people ....easy job
Cons
pay and benefits could be better
Great Place
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 15, 2015
I worked here part-time and it was great. I would recommend it and would have stayed if there had been a full-time position available.
Organized & predictable
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 19, 2015
Worked in all areas of the hospital in relation to x-ray. Surgery cases my favorite.
Learned to work with many personalities.
Management predicable I like that.
Many wonderful co-workers. I generally worked a PM shift.
Keeping current with exams not performed on a regular basis can be challenging.
Enjoyed having the work spread out to all areas of the hospital.
Pros
Room to move around, fast pace variety.
Cons
Nothing comes to mind it was good.
horrible place to work for
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 7, 2015
No room for advancement, rude disrespectful supervisors, one of the supervisors degraded employees, I have never been treated so badly in a workplace, I wouldn't recommend working for the company, no one honors the core values.
Pros
pay
Cons
bad management
ok place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 23, 2015
night shift nurses are lazy and the hospitalist miss a lot. as the RN you have to be on top of your game or you might miss saving someones life. the staff are nice
St. Agnes Medical Center
Institutional Pharmacy Externship (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 6, 2015
St. Agnes was a great place to gain experience as a pharmacy technician. The staff was wonderful and always willing to help.
fast paced workplace
Phlebotomist Tech (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 16, 2015
Filing/pulling on an average of 75-100 charts daily serving one doctor /7 hour shifts/ 4 days a week (intended but always worked 5 days) busy place to work, learned many new techniques, always moving, management was hard to work with as they did not have the best shift to shift communication. hardest part of the job was working full time consistantly yet getting pay and benifits of a part time employee. The co-workers were awesome, easy to get along with, and great workers. the most enjoyable part was making patients happy, getting all my tasks done, and being on the go.
Pros
free parking.
Cons
part time status for full time employees
Enjoyable place to work at
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 9, 2015
The staff at this hospital are wonderful. There is a real sense of "team" approach to the level of care given to patients. I have never had so much support staff to help me complete my duties (scribe to do my charting, tech for fetching my supplies and dressing my pt's wounds, RN for discharging my pt's and giving meds, etc.). This gives me more time to focus on the patient and their problem. When I first started, everyone would come up to me and introduce themselves and let me know that if I needed anything to just let them know. Most of the staff has been there for 5-10 years. If someone has been there 2 years, they are considered "new." At the last hospital I was at, you were seniority if you had been there 2 years! It is very nice to work with a large group of people that are happy to come to work every day. This makes going to work much easier and enjoyable and it also puts our patients at ease. I have to commend the techs, nursing staff and scribes for their outstanding work ethic and always wanting to put the patients care first.
Pros
Happy co-workers and good support staff
Cons
Many patients that need to be seen; Have to pay for food in cafeteria
Mind, Body and Spirit focused
Manager Care Coordination/Social Services Depts (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 7, 2015
Ejoyable work environment filled with spirited, passionate professionals who give their all to provide the best acute care available in the Central Valley.
Most difficult part of the job involves circumstances related to changes and alterations in health insurance which frequently do not mesh with the needs and expectations of patients.
Best part of the job involves the passionate spirits of the employees who serve our patients.
Pros
spiritual environment
Cons
restrictive nature of US healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Agnes Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Saint Agnes Medical Center Reviews by Location