Saint Anne's Hospital

Saint Anne's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Learning Experience
FIELDWORK EXPERIENCES (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJanuary 17, 2015
St. Anne's was were I did my full time fieldwork for NEIT in the OTA program. The hospital in the Geri Psych Unit was an amazing experience as a OTA student.
Friendly environment, easy people to work with, good pay
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Fall River, MAOctober 12, 2014
Great experience. MD's are standoffish but rest of staff is amazing.
co workers
New patient coordinator (Current Employee), Fall River, MAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough staffing
love the co workers and dealing with outside facilities obtaining records for patients
Love the Hope House
House Person (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJune 4, 2014
Loved this job bc it was more than just a job it was family. Loved the Hope House
Helpful staff
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Fall River, MAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: delicious food in the cafeteria
Cons: short staffed
I get report for the patients I will care for that shift. I talk to the previous RN or LPN caring for them. I checked all my patient during bedside reports, give patient and their family special instructions and quick teaching for that particular day.
I checked and count drugs on the drug cart because some insulin shots are to be given early., some have pre op meds to be given before 8 am surgical procedures.
I give drugs to my patients and to those patients with LPN's as their attending nurses. I assist on bedside procedures, help my patients ambulate or go to the bathroom, talk with physicians and surgeons regarding orders and procedures, and clarifying orders if need be.
The best part is when the patient recovers and is going home better than when I first admit him/her in our unit.
The worst part is when a patient dies.
Fast-paced nonclinical support
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fall River, MADecember 9, 2013
Pros: great learning experience, per diem (flexible schedule)
Cons: very stressful during periods of high volume, occasional low morale, per diem (no benefits)
A typical day included data input and billing for the previous day's surgical and endoscopic cases, calling patients to remind them of their procedures, and working with doctors' offices to schedule procedures. As someone with no previous clinical training, I learned about surgeries, pre-surgery procedures, and had the opportunity to learn about surgical equipment billing. The management worked side by side with the staff and was very accessible. My coworkers were outstandingly patient, friendly, and helpful when it came to teaching me and answering my questions. The hardest part was either having to answer up to two to three phones when others were not available, or running into unfamiliar situations when there wasn't time to explain them to me. The most enjoyable parts of the job were feeling like an important part of the team, and making positive contact with patients.
Great place to work.
Staff Registered Nurse, St. Mary's (Former Employee), Fall River, MAOctober 23, 2013
Saint Anne's was a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone.
Good place to work as a stepping stone in your career.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fall River, MAAugust 14, 2013
My co workers were by far the best part of this job. However Steward Health Care is undergoing many changes and expect their nurses to perform unreasonable amounts of work. Towards the end of my stay in this facility I would start my day with a six patient assignment and be expected to take on more patients before the end of my shift. I felt incredibly pressured and unsafe towards the end of my stay with this employer.
RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJune 6, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor nurse-patient ratio
-RN on a busy medical-surgical unit
-Charge Nurse experience
-Main focus was orthopedic and abdominal surgery
The culture of service to mission was palpable.
Director,Vol Services/Ambassador Program Coor (Former Employee), Fall River, MAMay 23, 2013
Pros: excellent work schedule.
Cons: deterioration of mission.
A typical day as Director of Volunteer Services would include rounding on the volunteers throughout the day to connect with each of them. I learned that this connection with each of them as individuals and the personal expression of gratitude went a long way in creating a valuable corps of volunteers.
Productive and wonderful and nice place to work
RN (Former Employee), Fall River, MAMarch 20, 2013
Pros: coworkers and working environment
Cons: no breaks at times, short staffing
My typical day of work would include, listening to report, receiving my patient assignment and then sitting down at a computer and monitoring cardiac rhythm strips and interpretation of them and noting any changes. As charge nurse at times i would not have a patient assignment but would assist the doctors in all that they needed and do any admissions that would be admitted during my shift and help out my coworkers when needed. Management was very helpful and was always there to assist me when i needed them and if there was any situation i was uncomfortable they were empathetic and helpful in solving the situation. My coworkers were so much fun and we had lots of laughs and cries but always worked great together even we it got really busy. The hardest part was the patient load at times and the staffing especially when we did not have enough nurses. The most enjoyable part was the patients and the coworkers and alot of the teaching that i did, i really felt i made a difference
Great workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Fall River, MADecember 19, 2012
Teamplayer, Staff nurse on the Geri-Psych Unit, Medical, Mentally Ill patients
excellent company to work for
Janitor (Former Employee), Fall River, MASeptember 7, 2012
I enjoyed working here, I learned a lot about good work habits here.
First Job as a Cardiovascular Tech
CARDIOVASCULAR TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), Fall River, MASeptember 6, 2012
My experience at St. Anne's was a learning experience. I learned many things from my supervisor. The most important thing being that I didn't want to learn to be a supervisor from her. I was not pleased with the way she worked or communicated with others in the department. She also was not able to take responsibility for her actions and things she may have done wrong. It was always passed off to someone else.
IS BELOW.
c.n.a (Current Employee), Fall River, MAJuly 14, 2012
THIS HOSPITAL IS A VERY WELL ORGANIZED ,WELL MAINTAIN IN PROVIDING CARE TO ANY RESIDENT THAT GETS ADMITTED TO THIS HOSPITAL I THINK IT RATES TOP NOTCH WITH CARE, COMPASSIONATE AND CONSIDERATION TO THE PERSON BEING CARED FOR AND REALIBILITY WITH COMFORT MEASURE
CO WORKERS ARE TEAM PLAYERS WITH THEIR CARE.
MANAGEMENT IS GREAT
HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS MAKING SURE ALL NEEDS ARE MET WITH PERSONNEL CARE
MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF WORK IS SEEING THE RESIDENT SMILE AND MAKING THEM COMFORTABLE
i HAVE LEARNED THAT MAKING PEOPLE HAPPY IS VERY ENJOYABLE. i LEARNED THAT COMPASSION IS THE KEY WORD AND COUNTERABILITY IS THE SECOND MAJOR LEARNING PROCESS THAT A PERSON SHOULD HAVE INTAKING CARE OF ANYONE IN A HOSPITAL SETTING
Pleasant atmosphere and team work was important.
Outpatient/Medicare Biller and Collection (Former Employee), 4950 W ThomasJune 26, 2012
Pros: flexible hours.
Cons: area dangerously
Promoted to Medicare Biller from Outpatient. I completed all assignments and my work ethics sound. Movtivated personality.
Busy, Fast paced, good start
Hostess (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJune 19, 2012
Had to move quick but was a great job. Worked with a great group of kids and the shift supervisors were amazing and helpful.
Worked for this organization in various position over 47 year period. Warm culture. Will greatly miss it.
Part time Clinical Quality Outcomes Manager (Former Employee), Fall River, MAMay 9, 2012
Challenging and interesting. Hospital culture is focused on mission and its continuation. Co-workers were highly trained professionals who had excellent skills and, with rare exception, supported each other.
The most difficult part of the job was in responding to last minute requests that needed immediate response.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a warm, mission driven atmosphere that concomitantly presented the opportunity to learn and develop new skills. Also: very close to my home.
Enjoyed working with employees and management
Administrative Secretary, Dietary Department (Former Employee), Fall River, MAApril 4, 2012
Pros: great employees, fast paced and interesting
Cons: hospital closed the on-site daycare center
Preparing weekly reports for financials and inventory, etc.; employee mediator; prepared time cards for 40+ employees; monitored secure information; correspondence; assisted management and dietitians with education and patient follow-ups

About Saint Anne's Hospital

When you feel more than a little physically washed up, get to one of the Southcoast Hospitals Group facilities. The not-for-profit┬ácompany – Read more