Saint Anselm College Employee Reviews

Fast paced, long hours
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NH 03103December 19, 2017
A wonderful place to work with a great group of athletic trainers working to provide the best care for division 2 collegiate athletes. Fast paced and long hours.
Pros
Healthcare, great work atmosphere.
Cons
long hours, poor compensation
Low wages for good workers,
MAINTAIENCE (Former Employee) –  Goffstown, NHDecember 4, 2017
Management was not watching out for college,i was there and in the first week I noticed the maintainence supervisor taking payoffs to have outside contractors do the work instead of having some very qualified people do the repairs inhouse. Thousands of dollars were being paid to venders so the supervisor would get paybacks!! It was so obvious ,
Pros
Local
Cons
Mis management
Beautiful Environment to Work In, wonderful experience
Registrar's Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 27, 2017
My employment at Saint Anselm College will always be the epitome of my Business World career!
The college continually improves all aspects of the Saint Anselm Experience. Physical updates such as new Housing, office improvements, and updated Sports facilities are more obvious, but are equal to the not-so-obvious: Access to Library, Theater and great dining.
Pros
Great Faculty, Staff and Student experiences
Cons
Office-specific timetable problems. Feeling that I could never keep up
Its a great college
assistant (Former Employee) –  Goffstown, NHJune 19, 2017
Its a good school and the professors are great. the work-study program is where I worked and it was fine. Federal minimum wage but otherwise fine. good.
Overall great learning experience for undergrad
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 19, 2017
Great learning environment to attain a research foundation to grom upon post grad. The research professor I had were crucial for my growth in the lab and for inspiring passion for academia and knowledge
Fun workplace with enjoyable tasks.
Member, Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 23, 2017
This was a student work study position. A typical day here involved setting up for collegiate sporting events such as practices and games. Other duties involved keeping the training room and office in order whether through cleaning, organizing, or overviewing. I learned and developed upon my teamwork and adaptability skills through this experience. The management offered guidance and assistance whenever needed, and also allowed for a strong relationship. The culture was calm, while also providing a fast paced environment where time management served to be quite important.
Fun place to work as a student
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 16, 2017
A great place to work as a student in order to supplement income while in school. I have learned how to properly translate, transcribe, and digitally catalog information.
Its not as bad as it seems.
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 5, 2017
The coffee shop was at first a tough and grueling job for me. It was not the job I looked forward to going to. However, after a couple of weeks I soon learned that you can learn to love anyplace you work at no matter what you are doing. I was able to realize that while the work was not fun the people were amazing and it made the day go by that much smoother.
Great School with great opportunities
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 10, 2017
Working at the fitness center is very simple and straight forward as a typical day consisted of directing people to the correct places as well as maintaining a clean workout environment for people to enjoy
Awful mismanagement
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Food ServiceSeptember 16, 2016
Talked down to consistently and treated like children. No respect, told not to talk to co-workers. Must ask permission to use the restroom. Job was misrepresented to a huge degree.
Pros
Cons
Food Service department is an absolute nightmare and HR knows it.
Dining Services review
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 4, 2016
I am a former manager for this department. The job turnover is ridiculously high, considering how great the benefits are- and there's a reason for that. The director of dining has created a job culture based on fear and gives some workers preferential treatment over others. Talking amongst each other is frowned upon and you aren't allowed to have a drink, even water, while you are working. You can't make this stuff up.
Pros
The campus is beautiful, students are great
Cons
A good place to gain experience as a work study
Office Aid/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 9, 2016
As an office aid I helped with the daily tasks such as getting mail and entering data from the Portraits books that the office produced. My co-workers were all very kind and helpful when I had any questions. I also occasionally took photographs for the school. I learned a lot about quality control and interacting with special guests when asking for a profile picture.
Intense
Student Monitor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 16, 2016
Hard work and required lots of skills and patience.

The hardest part of the job was adapting to the environment and making sure that the safety of the patient's was adequate
Great Workplace with Plenty of Learning Experiences
Athletic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 9, 2016
This was my first job straight out of college. I started off as an intern. I have learned a great deal of information about Athletic Administration and College Athletics. Everybody that worked there likes to see everybody succeed and will help you along the way if you need it.
Terrible upper management
Overnight Baker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 20, 2016
I worked while pregnant as an overnight baker. I enjoyed my co workers and for a college, we made very high quality foods. The management however, was some of the worst I've come across since I've worked in the restaurant/food industry which has been about 13 years.
My direct manager lacked most of the skills necessary for being a manager. Skills such as the ability to delegate, multi task and most importantly teach her team. Those skills were non existent. The worst part was her lack of ability to troubleshoot and she was constantly asking for advice even though the rest of us were paid to be "entry level bakers."
The management above my direct boss was even worse. At 5 months pregnant I was legitimately told I was not allowed to drink water if I was clocked in because I already went to the bathroom more than the average employee since I was pregnant and more water would make it worse. I was refused hel on a daily basis lifting things a pregnant woman should not lift. The food and beverage director spends her time talking (yelling constantly) down to people. There was a complete lack of organization on their part. Especially with planning and scheduling. The week I started I gave them my schedule for prenatal care. Once a month I needed to leave an hour early for the prenatal class the hospital I delivered at offered. That was fine in the beginning and they were ok with me doing this. Once I was 6 months pregnant, out of the blue they told me they could no longer accommodate this. They even went so far as to tell me that I should think about delivering at a hospital that
  more... didn't require so much of my time before birth.
I've never been more disappointed with an employer my entire life. I hope I never work for people like this again and I hope no one takes a job in their kitchen again. It was the worst 6 months of my life and my doctors and I directly blame them for the blood pressure issues I had which led to me delivering a month early.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Productive and great working environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 2, 2016
Exercise ability to multi-task in high demand situations while organizing events and advertising for various events that are sponsored by the center such as Multicultural Day, MLK Dinner, and Intercultural Holiday Dinner. Demonstrate reliability, ability to focus, and attention to detail while responsible to different tasks by forwarding emails, maintaining desk responsibilities and show reliability.
Great job for young professional looking to travel
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 29, 2015
Working in Higher Education Admission is great for young adults who have recently graduated college and have a desire to incorporate travel into their work plans. Having the ability to work one on one with prospective students and their families is a very rewarding experience.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Pay
Great co-workers, horrendous upper management
cook (Former Employee) –  Goffstown, NHDecember 8, 2015
Let's face it, we are all replaceable. However, in a productive, supportive work environment you are not constantly reminded of that fact.
A good employer welcomes employee feed back. A good HR department takes complaints seriously. A good company would consider high turnover an issue, and work to find the problem and a solution.

The benefits are great! If you can handle being spoken to like a child, yelled at and demoralized on a daily basis then the free tuition for your kids might be worth it.
benefits
Cons
upper management is a cancer
fun first place
Server (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 7, 2014
great first job. good if in high school or college. coworkers are nice. management does a great job with scheduling. catering events is a lot of fun.
Pros
fun, great people, free lunches
Cons
pay
Low stress, fun
Graphic Artist / Typesetter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 18, 2014
This college is a wonderful place of employment. The total atmosphere: managers, co-workers, and students, is friendly and jovial. The most difficult thing to manage is the low wages, though benefits (medical, dental, vacations) are very acceptable.
Pros
Friendly, employees help each other
Cons
Low wages