Saint Anselm College Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great Workplace with Plenty of Learning Experiences
Athletic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 9, 2016
This was my first job straight out of college. I started off as an intern. I have learned a great deal of information about Athletic Administration and College Athletics. Everybody that worked there likes to see everybody succeed and will help you along the way if you need it.
Terrible upper management
Overnight Baker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 20, 2016
I worked while pregnant as an overnight baker. I enjoyed my co workers and for a college, we made very high quality foods. The management however, was some of the worst I've come across since I've worked in the restaurant/food industry which has been about 13 years.
My direct manager lacked most of the skills necessary for being a manager. Skills such as the ability to delegate, multi task and most importantly teach her team. Those skills were non existent. The worst part was her lack of ability to troubleshoot and she was constantly asking for advice even though the rest of us were paid to be "entry level bakers."
The management above my direct boss was even worse. At 5 months pregnant I was legitimately told I was not allowed to drink water if I was clocked in because I already went to the bathroom more than the average employee since I was pregnant and more water would make it worse. I was refused hel on a daily basis lifting things a pregnant woman should not lift. The food and beverage director spends her time talking (yelling constantly) down to people. There was a complete lack of organization on their part. Especially with planning and scheduling. The week I started I gave them my schedule for prenatal care. Once a month I needed to leave an hour early for the prenatal class the hospital I delivered at offered. That was fine in the beginning and they were ok with me doing this. Once I was 6 months pregnant, out of the blue they told me they could no longer accommodate this. They even went so far as to tell me that I should think about delivering at a hospital that
  more... didn't require so much of my time before birth.
I've never been more disappointed with an employer my entire life. I hope I never work for people like this again and I hope no one takes a job in their kitchen again. It was the worst 6 months of my life and my doctors and I directly blame them for the blood pressure issues I had which led to me delivering a month early.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Productive and great working environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 2, 2016
Exercise ability to multi-task in high demand situations while organizing events and advertising for various events that are sponsored by the center such as Multicultural Day, MLK Dinner, and Intercultural Holiday Dinner. Demonstrate reliability, ability to focus, and attention to detail while responsible to different tasks by forwarding emails, maintaining desk responsibilities and show reliability.
Great job for young professional looking to travel
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 29, 2015
Working in Higher Education Admission is great for young adults who have recently graduated college and have a desire to incorporate travel into their work plans. Having the ability to work one on one with prospective students and their families is a very rewarding experience.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Pay
Great co-workers, horrendous upper management
cook (Former Employee) –  Goffstown, NHDecember 8, 2015
Let's face it, we are all replaceable. However, in a productive, supportive work environment you are not constantly reminded of that fact.
A good employer welcomes employee feed back. A good HR department takes complaints seriously. A good company would consider high turnover an issue, and work to find the problem and a solution.

The benefits are great! If you can handle being spoken to like a child, yelled at and demoralized on a daily basis then the free tuition for your kids might be worth it.
benefits
Cons
upper management is a cancer
fun first place
Server (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 7, 2014
great first job. good if in high school or college. coworkers are nice. management does a great job with scheduling. catering events is a lot of fun.
Pros
fun, great people, free lunches
Cons
pay
Low stress, fun
Graphic Artist / Typesetter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 18, 2014
This college is a wonderful place of employment. The total atmosphere: managers, co-workers, and students, is friendly and jovial. The most difficult thing to manage is the low wages, though benefits (medical, dental, vacations) are very acceptable.
Pros
friendly, employees help each other
Cons
low wages
Archaic, not family oriented, beautiful campus
Staff (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 11, 2013
Beautiful campus, very religious and the atmosphere reflects that. Many problems with management and staff that remains due to many that have children attached to their tuition benefits. Worked their for 2 years and 2 years too long. Needs some updating. Would not recommend for a supportive work environment. My wife worked in administration and had no air conditioning either. I would recommend Boston academia to work in!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
inflexible, archaic atmosphere
Great experience in my field of study
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 3, 2013
I worked a forty hour week that involved wiping hard drives, taking inventory, and imaging computers with Ghost
Pros
was a rewarding experience
Cons
i wish i could've had more experience
Not a bad college to work for
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 29, 2012
overall this college was a good place to work for the coworkers were helpful