Saint Francis Care Employee Reviews

GreatCo Workers, Lack of Shift Needs for nursing student
Charge Nurse/Nurse Education Resource (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJuly 6, 2017
Great co workers, really believe in the family enviroment, always "have your back". Hard to schedule shifts with school but manager always made it work. Typical hospital shirt comings but co-workers and direct management helped to make the shifts as best they can.
Pros
great family atmosphere
Cons
lack of staff, no breaks
Great place to work I would highley recommend.
Radiology Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 25, 2017
I have learned so much from my co-workers. They are very professional people to work with and the work environment is great. I still have plenty to learn but my co-workers make this process very easy for me. I really enjoy coming to work ever day.
Awful environment.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 18, 2017
No communication, women dont get along. Manager has perforance employee, no moral. Working between campus was burtal. High volume work no overtime.
Software is to learn yet other employee can subatage your work.
Na
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 30, 2017
Working in Accounts Payables department. Duties include: research issues, email, phone, face to face communication. Weekly check request as well as paying vendors and employee reimbursements.
Staff Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 6, 2017
Gained valuable skills like portable and OR radiography. Leanred how to quickly assess a patient in Emergency Trauma room, and worked closely with Orthopedic physicians to provide quality imaging for ambulatory patients.
fantastic staff, great learning environment, poor staffing in ED
RN/Leader/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 13, 2017
I enjoyed the teamwork on the night shift and had a fantastic Asst Nurse Manager to work with. High acuity patients and working short staffed was a challenge that strengthened time management abilities. The constant turnover of staff often left new nurses with less experienced preceptors and made shifts as a charge nurse more difficult. During my time on days and evenings, I took an estimated 10-15 30 min breaks in 11 years as there was a high nurse to patient ratio and I did not feel comfortable leaving my patients with another RN with a 7-10 patient assignment themselves.
Pros
great co-workers, amazing learning experience
Cons
little to no breaks, poor staffing, high nurse to patient ratio
ED Registrar/Secretary EPIC User (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at IOL, unfortunately, I had to move out of state, great hospital to work for. excellent benefits then. great co-workers.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
not too much Cons
Good place to learn
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 5, 2016
A typical day at work is packed from the time you punch in to the time you punch out. My co-workers are highly intelligent and we work like a well oiled machine. We still have time to talk to our patients and make them feel at ease. We answer any questions/concerns they may have about their procedure.
Cons
under staffed and a lot of call
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2016
very unorganized I do not like working there bui need to make money to take care of my children and support m house hold the co workers are rude and there not helpful the don't tran people well the enjoyable part of work is clocking out and going home
Be careful when getting into this company!
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 2, 2016
I was newly hired at Saint Francis Healthcare Partners where I was given a position to oversee certain things, however, there was an individual who was already in the office in the position in the interim who did not want to hand over responsibilities to me that were explained to be in both the interview as well as in one of the meetings that I had with my then manager. When I spoke to this individual to let her know that I was notified that simple things such as ordering office supplies was now my task she took offense, went to my manager and had a meeting about me next thing I know they didn't need my help anymore. No meeting with me to see what my side of things were, they just took her word whatever it was and ran with it. She lied on me and come to find out she had done this to the individual who was previously in the position. Why they let her "run" the office the way that she is doing I don't understand. I can only pray that they will wake up and see what this individual is doing to the office and the company. Other than this one individual the others in the office were AWESOME!
Pros
The majority of the co-workers there were very professional and respectful
Cons
Management does not know how to manage
Loved this Job very energenic work environment.
Retail Services & Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 2, 2016
As Retail Service and Catering Manager I was responsible for the operation of 3 cafeterias and all the catering in this 600 hundred bed Urban Hospital. Loved the diversity and the co-workers I had the pleasure to work with
Good patient care but Management sucks
CST (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 15, 2016
They definitely need a management overhaul. Managers need to be trained to "manage" and learn how to deal with employees, how to have a work life balance. Seems to be the same across the board in this hospital..employees are not valued..negative work environment.
Pros
Experience to add to your resume when you leave, because you will
Cons
Short breaks, too many "bosses", micromanagement
Horrible HR department
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 11, 2016
worst HR department . Impossible to find out who recruiters are . No one calls you back when you interview and salaries are a big secret when interviewing for jobs . No accountability . You can be sent on several interviews and then never hear back or get feedback . And this is from someone who's has worked there many years . Secret society down there .
Pros
Good coworkers and support from fellow staff
Cons
no room to advance
Excellent place to work with plenty to learn on a daily basis, never gets boring.
Clinical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 18, 2015
For me a typical day would be spending the entire day handling stat calls coming from the 17 main OR rooms, 6 ASU OR rooms, 6 CJRI OR rooms, 3 Surgicare OR rooms, 2 Electrophysiology Labs, 3 Catherization Labs, 1 main ECG Lab, Sleep Lab with 6 beds, Pulmonary Labs, 3 Stress Labs, 1 Exercise Lab, and the Ultrasound Lab. Performing incident reports and incident investigations. Working with Risk Management and Purchasing on new product testing. Performing the role of the CMLSO, Certified Medical Laser Safety Officer which involved setting up the laser safety program and staff training. Performing inspections and repairs for all the equipment listed in the areas in which I was accountable. Learning on this job was never ending which made the job very satisfying. The best part of the job was not only working in so many different areas but being able to interface with so many highly qualified clinical staff members and management. Basically my co-workers would work as a team when projects were being performed. If not they worked individually on inspections and repairs. The toughest part of the job was being on-call for 22 years and having a one hour round trip per call when not at the hospital. Some weeks receiving up to 50 calls at all hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clinical staff in the clinical environments.
Pros
Learned a lot by working with the clinical staff
Cons
No breaks or lunch breaks on busy days.
Far to many managers, too few worker bees
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 16, 2015
There is no advancement for admin staff, once you are on this track you only choice is a lateral move. They continously hire managers, team leaders, etc to get and keep staff and cut line staff making it difficult for things to get done properly. Many times the person hired is skilled in their profession, but not very good managers.

My co-workers were a hard-working, friendly lot who struggled daily with the whims and demands of poor management. If you are looking for work experience is a hospital setting I recommend working here, but as a career use caution.
Pros
Overall staff is friendly
Cons
No real leadership or
Stay away, you are worth more than this kind of stress.
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  HartfordApril 3, 2015
I worked in lab services as a phlebotomist for nearly three years. Management was absolutely horrible. No direction, no crisis management skills, continuously talked down to staff with a "you're lucky to have a job" attitude, set low quality assurance standards for specimens, I could seriously go on and on. This is by far the most unorganized, toxic environment I've ever worked in. Hold out for better if you're looking for work as a phlebotomist.
Pros
They paid me on time.
Cons
Worst management I've ever seen.
I learned so much working at this hospital!
Unit Secretary, Elmcrest Psychiatric Institute (Former Employee) –  Portland, CTJanuary 19, 2015
I started as the "Float" Secretary at this hospital. Initially, taking 2-week positions supporting other secretarial staff throughout the hospital, and then covering for them when they were on vacation or needed help due to a backlog of work.

I covered every aspect of a hospital setting from taking telephone intakes, insurance verification, admission paperwork, support of clinical and medical staff on the unit to discharge paperwork and then outpatient admission. I took a position of Unit Secretary on an inpatient unit and reported directly to the Manager of Unit as well as the Psychiatrist and Medical Doctor and had to make sure each chart was up-to-date with filing and required releases of information. In many cases it was a "trial by fire" but I found, in hindsight, this was one of the best places I worked! Because of the timely nature with which work had to be completed, I worked quietly and efficiently and gained much respect. I found that the staff was qualified and professional making it a job that I took pride in.
Pros
Close to home, reasonably priced lunches, professional setting, beautiful historical settings
Cons
Elmcrest was bought by Saint Francis Care and soon closed.
Change of Ownership
Laundry Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford CTJanuary 10, 2015
St. Francis is currently under going a change of ownership and the environment is a bit unstable.
1st job as new grad
Medical- Surgical Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILAugust 29, 2014
Worked on Med-Surg floor taking care of a vast majority of patients with co-morbidities. Ratio was 8:1 at times, on the 3-11 shift. Experience with hanging chemo, peritoneal dialysis, vented patients and etc. Great experience as a new grad, learned a lot.
Pros
learned how to multi-task, prioritize
Cons
short breaks
Lots of experience and advancement
Help Desk Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 10, 2014
St. Francis is a fast paced environment with lot's of growth and advances in technology.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Francis Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6