Saint Francis Care Employee Reviews

Good place to learn
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 5, 2016
A typical day at work is packed from the time you punch in to the time you punch out. My co-workers are highly intelligent and we work like a well oiled machine. We still have time to talk to our patients and make them feel at ease. We answer any questions/concerns they may have about their procedure.
Cons
under staffed and a lot of call
ED Registrar/Secretary EPIC User (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at IOL, unfortunately, I had to move out of state, great hospital to work for. excellent benefits then. great co-workers.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
not too much Cons
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2016
very unorganized I do not like working there bui need to make money to take care of my children and support m house hold the co workers are rude and there not helpful the don't tran people well the enjoyable part of work is clocking out and going home
Horrible HR department
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 11, 2016
worst HR department . Impossible to find out who recruiters are . No one calls you back when you interview and salaries are a big secret when interviewing for jobs . No accountability . You can be sent on several interviews and then never hear back or get feedback . And this is from someone who's has worked there many years . Secret society down there .
Pros
Good coworkers and support from fellow staff
Cons
no room to advance
Good patient care but Management sucks
CST (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 15, 2016
They definitely need a management overhaul. Managers need to be trained to "manage" and learn how to deal with employees, how to have a work life balance. Seems to be the same across the board in this hospital..employees are not valued..negative work environment.
Pros
Experience to add to your resume when you leave, because you will
Cons
Short breaks, too many "bosses", micromanagement
Loved this Job very energenic work environment.
Retail Services & Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 2, 2016
As Retail Service and Catering Manager I was responsible for the operation of 3 cafeterias and all the catering in this 600 hundred bed Urban Hospital. Loved the diversity and the co-workers I had the pleasure to work with
Be careful when getting into this company!
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 2, 2016
I was newly hired at Saint Francis Healthcare Partners where I was given a position to oversee certain things, however, there was an individual who was already in the office in the position in the interim who did not want to hand over responsibilities to me that were explained to be in both the interview as well as in one of the meetings that I had with my then manager. When I spoke to this individual to let her know that I was notified that simple things such as ordering office supplies was now my task she took offense, went to my manager and had a meeting about me next thing I know they didn't need my help anymore. No meeting with me to see what my side of things were, they just took her word whatever it was and ran with it. She lied on me and come to find out she had done this to the individual who was previously in the position. Why they let her "run" the office the way that she is doing I don't understand. I can only pray that they will wake up and see what this individual is doing to the office and the company. Other than this one individual the others in the office were AWESOME!
Pros
The majority of the co-workers there were very professional and respectful
Cons
Management does not know how to manage
Far to many managers, too few worker bees
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 16, 2015
There is no advancement for admin staff, once you are on this track you only choice is a lateral move. They continously hire managers, team leaders, etc to get and keep staff and cut line staff making it difficult for things to get done properly. Many times the person hired is skilled in their profession, but not very good managers.

My co-workers were a hard-working, friendly lot who struggled daily with the whims and demands of poor management. If you are looking for work experience is a hospital setting I recommend working here, but as a career use caution.
Pros
Overall staff is friendly
Cons
No real leadership or
Stay away, you are worth more than this kind of stress.
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  HartfordApril 3, 2015
I worked in lab services as a phlebotomist for nearly three years. Management was absolutely horrible. No direction, no crisis management skills, continuously talked down to staff with a "you're lucky to have a job" attitude, set low quality assurance standards for specimens, I could seriously go on and on. This is by far the most unorganized, toxic environment I've ever worked in. Hold out for better if you're looking for work as a phlebotomist.
Pros
They paid me on time.
Cons
Worst management I've ever seen.
Complicated workplace
Emergency Room Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 15, 2012
I worked as a Unit Secretary in the Emergency Room/Trauma Room. The position itself was satifying because I was helping individuals. Most of the co-workers were respectful and worked hard to maintain integrity, respect and privacy for the patients. The management did not work well together and created a lot of difficult situations within the workplace.
Pros
helping people in need
Cons
management needs to be more well organized
Productive, gaining experience, and great people to work with
Admitting Registrar (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 29, 2013
- A typical day consists of dealing with patients and collecting information. some patients are calm and others are uncontrolable bc of drugs or alcohol.
- I'm learning how to deal with all kinds of people and patients.
- The managment is great and does whatever they can to help me out.
- My co-workers are very helpful and answered or helped me out with any questions I had when I first started.
- The hardest part of the job would have to be trying to ask an out of control patient to answer questions and just trying to get any information form them at all.
- The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the people I'm working with. They were very accepting of me when i started are a good group of people to work with.
Pros
Pay(differentials)
1st job as new grad
Medical- Surgical Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILAugust 29, 2014
Worked on Med-Surg floor taking care of a vast majority of patients with co-morbidities. Ratio was 8:1 at times, on the 3-11 shift. Experience with hanging chemo, peritoneal dialysis, vented patients and etc. Great experience as a new grad, learned a lot.
Pros
learned how to multi-task, prioritize
Cons
short breaks
Great group of colleagues, challenging work, too much emphasis on case management, and very little patient contact
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Francis Hospital and Medical CenterJuly 8, 2012
Loved my job at St. Francis but was unable to continue there when my job became focused on utilization review, rather than direct care with patients. Management was unorganized and sporadic, there were no opportunities for advancement. Insurance companies began to actually sit in rounds and dictate treatment and the clinicians were forced to discharge patients who were not well enough to leave.

I loved being part of a clinical team and everything that entailed. The collaboration of many different disciplines was valuable and rewarding, Direct care with the patients was rewarding and challenging, but it got to the point where we, as clinicians were unable to work with patients.
Pros
great colleagues, fun environment, rewarding contact with patients
Cons
too much time spent dealing with insurance companies
A wonderful place to work
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 11, 2012
Night Shift
How to work a night shift with ease and comfort
Wonderful management
Awesome people to work with many of whom I became close friends with
Driving through the city at night
Enjoyed my position there completely
Pros
a wonderful place to work
productive and friendly environment on a dual diagnosis unit
Mental Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 20, 2013
Educational because we receive so many different types of people with different problems. Management is fair and coworkers are available for help.
Pros
employees gain earned time off for personal time
A critical care unit- that was very rewarding
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 8, 2013
worked 12hr shifts. Report, then start with assessments on the most critical pt. including Fluid monitoring, vs, daily hands on care, etc. There were several managers over the last few years the latest this being her 1st Nurse Manager position. My co-workers were a" family". They were there every step of they way in the best of times and in the worst of times. We are forever a part of each other's lives. There are major changes occurring within the system which has made it difficult to work there. When census is low you could easily be staff reduced 2 hrs. before going in and when working nights that is extremely difficult. Then there is the recent new hires that make the shifts also over staffed - leading to reductions. There are little things that seem tedious. The best parts were the co-workers, the pts. and they're families. There are some wonderful memories of the people have met, and many still remember me and will specifically ask for me when they visit.
Poor management,Not enough patient care, no regard for employees
Creative art therapist (Former Employee) –  MT. Sinai Campus Behavioral Health unitsJuly 22, 2014
The best part of the job was working with the patients,as well as some of the co-workers.I grew as a therapist in this tough population. The management was absolutely terrible.I was left to my own devices the majority of the time.Several times staff was cut and one did not always feel safe on the units.I would sometimes be running large groups with severely acute patients, and no other staff to monitor. Management did not seem to care about the patients as much as the census to bring in money, nor did they care about the employees, or there needs. With the exception of some groups, most of the pt care was case management and no therapy. The rate of recidivism was ridiculous.Additionally, at least 21 employees have left in the past four/five months.I was told after having the same hours for over two years that I had to work every-other weekend and rotate all Holidays. There was no negotiating.
Pros
Some good employees to work with
Cons
terrible management
Productive and nice place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 17, 2012
Worked in the Nursery, assisted mothers in nursing their babies. Cleaned up newborns, took vital signs, feed newborns.
Pros
loved my job working with mother's and their newborns
Change of Ownership
Laundry Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford CTJanuary 10, 2015
St. Francis is currently under going a change of ownership and the environment is a bit unstable.
Lots of experience and advancement
Help Desk Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 10, 2014
St. Francis is a fast paced environment with lot's of growth and advances in technology.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Francis Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5