Saint Francis Community Services Employee Reviews

Terrible place, awful management, will make you hate everything
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 21, 2018
SFCS puts their employees in unsafe work conditions and expects them to work days, nights and weekends for awful pay. Family Support workers and Social Workers break their backs trying to piece families back together while supervisors and directors sit in their office and stare at their computers and call you into their office to demand why you don't have everything done. Meanwhile foster kids are allowed to assault staff and other kids with minimal if any consequences again and again. It's not uncommon to see staff at their desk crying, overloaded from all the work needed done. SFCS cannot keep good workers around because they expect them to work with case loads up in the 60s! I would never recommend a social worker friend of mine to work at SFCS.
Team Culture
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 19, 2018
SFCS is a good place to work. It has a positive culture. Employees are treated with respect and workloads are kept at a reasonable amount, even in such a hectic field.
Great group of co-workers
Reintegration Social Worker Student (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 18, 2018
Everyone was great to work with while I was there and treated me like part of the team. I worked independently with minimal supervision and was given my own case load to help out the teams.
Pros
Case work keeps you busy.
Cons
Sometimes long days.
Worst Place.to work
employee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 11, 2017
worst place ive ever worked.at....I dont reommend anyone to work there. its very disorganized....very unprofessional lack of experience supervisor for the foster care prpgram for the Oklahoma City Office. The Director lacks backbone.
Pros
Cons
a lot of cons
fast paced but rewarding
Primary Counselor (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSNovember 4, 2017
your always on the go with the implemented schedule the units have daily. You had to use RADAR throughout the day to keep the youth and yourself safe and as secure as possible.
Working with children and families...
Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSOctober 24, 2017
SFCS offers a life-changing job title dealing with children who have been placed in DCF custody with authority for placement. SFCS main goal it to work with the children and families to reintegrate the children back into the home. It is not a 9-5 job and requires extreme dedication and flexibility.
Good job bad employees
Youth service worker (Current Employee) –  Salina,KsOctober 9, 2017
It's a good job to set an example and do good things for yourself and the community you live in. The employees are really negative and talk bad about the kids when they vowed not to. The maintenance is poor and the boys dorm STINKS. The pro I give the job is keeps you active and free meals. The pay could be alot better since the kids will manipulate and try to beat you up.
Pros
Interaction and you stay busy
Cons
Employees are very two-faced and poor maintenance
Good Intentions But Pay Isn't Great
AFTERCARE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSSeptember 19, 2017
The whole point of the job (helping families) is great. It is also stressful so you must be able to handle different situations. But you're overworked and underpaid. Turnover rate is high.
Pros
Help families, nice coworkers
Cons
low pay, work a lot
Stressful
Adoption Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 30, 2017
Lack of communication, assistance, and positive feedback. Case loads continued to climb, lack of assistance when requested, constant new management and high turn over rate.
Integrity, balance and dedication
Youth Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Salina Kansas 67401June 4, 2017
Dedicated to the efficient operation within the facilities and working as a team in problem solving when possible or independently in an effort to achieve the highest good for our clients, company and employees.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Negative coworkers
Great Place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSMay 12, 2017
Great teammates and management. While it is stressful working with the children and their behaviors, you always have teammates to help you and support you when it gets tough.
Fast-Paced Social Work Field
Resource Worker (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 28, 2017
Child welfare is not an easy field of services to be in. There is often little guidance and you can not ever be prepared for the chaos that ensues some days. However, the culture and atmosphere among the staff at Saint Francis Community Services gave me hope, guidance, support, and taught me how to be an excellent social worker.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Late nights, on-call
Wonderful workplace
Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 2, 2017
I love working for this agency. I love helping families succeed. The ability to make your own schedule so that you can visit with the families is extremely helpful. I also enjoy working with the community and the local courts. Co-Workers and Supervisors are friendly and available to assist. I appreciate the company's acknowledgement of self care and job burn out as they provide services for workers.
Pros
Stability, Independent Schedule
Cons
Pay is not ideal if you have exprience or a degree, Can't advance without specific licensing or degree.
Saint Francis is a caring work environment
Aftercare worker, I currently work (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSFebruary 26, 2017
Shows much care and concern for children and families.

SFCS is a DCF provider working with foster homes, PRTF, group homes, teens facilities, and a child trafficking home.
Pros
training & education reimbursment
Top Heavy and lack compassion for all staff
N/A (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSFebruary 9, 2017
The changes feel like all talk and you can feel or seem forgotten in the whole thing. It also seems if you talk to the right person you can do no wrong.
Excellent work environment with friendly co-workers
Legal Internship (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSFebruary 1, 2017
All the workers were helpful when it came to being a new employee and were very welcoming for this field and environment of work. Seeing how children in the system and their cases go from start to finish was very eye opening.
Terrible environment
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 22, 2016
Absolute worst place to work!! Very very long hours. When going into the work, this is not told to the employees. Stay away!!

Salaried employees are completely taken advantage of. You cannot have family, children, or friends of your own if you work here.
Pros
Seeing children ( SOMETIMES)
Cons
Everything!!
Horrible place to work
Equestrian worker (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSApril 30, 2016
Double standards and poor management. I worked in the horse program and the horses were denied basic vet care for years. They are overworked and in emotional distress.
Sacrifice your personal life, social, physical and emotional wellbeing
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSFebruary 6, 2016
LOVED working with SFCS families. Unfortunately, that happened mostly after 3:00 PM and 6-8 hours of paperwork.If you are a salaried employee you might make $12 hr. Supervisors were happy to listen but didn't offer meaningful support.
Pros
Meaningful work and great experience working with DCF and courts
Cons
Extremely heavy workload; unreasonable expectations
Wonderful people!
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  KansasDecember 5, 2015
I'm reading a lot of negativity and wanted to shed some light from my perspective. I am not a case worker. I have a degree in social work and work in the office. The people I work with on the therapy side are wonderful. I have never worked with more wonderful, caring people who genuinely care about your well-being, and my experience there for the past three years has been nothing but positive.
Pros
Flexibility, people, kids
Cons
Turnover