Saint Francis Community Services Employee Reviews

Stressful
Adoption Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 30, 2017
Lack of communication, assistance, and positive feedback. Case loads continued to climb, lack of assistance when requested, constant new management and high turn over rate.
Integrity, balance and dedication
Youth Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Salina Kansas 67401June 4, 2017
Dedicated to the efficient operation within the facilities and working as a team in problem solving when possible or independently in an effort to achieve the highest good for our clients, company and employees.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Negative coworkers
Great Place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSMay 12, 2017
Great teammates and management. While it is stressful working with the children and their behaviors, you always have teammates to help you and support you when it gets tough.
Fast-Paced Social Work Field
Resource Worker (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 28, 2017
Child welfare is not an easy field of services to be in. There is often little guidance and you can not ever be prepared for the chaos that ensues some days. However, the culture and atmosphere among the staff at Saint Francis Community Services gave me hope, guidance, support, and taught me how to be an excellent social worker.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Late nights, on-call
Wonderful workplace
Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 2, 2017
I love working for this agency. I love helping families succeed. The ability to make your own schedule so that you can visit with the families is extremely helpful. I also enjoy working with the community and the local courts. Co-Workers and Supervisors are friendly and available to assist. I appreciate the company's acknowledgement of self care and job burn out as they provide services for workers.
Pros
Stability, Independent Schedule
Cons
Pay is not ideal if you have exprience or a degree, Can't advance without specific licensing or degree.
Saint Francis is a caring work environment
Aftercare worker, I currently work (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSFebruary 26, 2017
Shows much care and concern for children and families.

SFCS is a DCF provider working with foster homes, PRTF, group homes, teens facilities, and a child trafficking home.
Pros
training & education reimbursment
Top Heavy and lack compassion for all staff
N/A (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSFebruary 9, 2017
The changes feel like all talk and you can feel or seem forgotten in the whole thing. It also seems if you talk to the right person you can do no wrong.
Excellent work environment with friendly co-workers
Legal Internship (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSFebruary 1, 2017
All the workers were helpful when it came to being a new employee and were very welcoming for this field and environment of work. Seeing how children in the system and their cases go from start to finish was very eye opening.
Terrible environment
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 22, 2016
Absolute worst place to work!! Very very long hours. When going into the work, this is not told to the employees. Stay away!!

Salaried employees are completely taken advantage of. You cannot have family, children, or friends of your own if you work here.
Pros
Seeing children ( SOMETIMES)
Cons
Everything!!
Horrible place to work
Equestrian worker (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSApril 30, 2016
Double standards and poor management. I worked in the horse program and the horses were denied basic vet care for years. They are overworked and in emotional distress.
Sacrifice your personal life, social, physical and emotional wellbeing
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSFebruary 6, 2016
LOVED working with SFCS families. Unfortunately, that happened mostly after 3:00 PM and 6-8 hours of paperwork.If you are a salaried employee you might make $12 hr. Supervisors were happy to listen but didn't offer meaningful support.
Pros
Meaningful work and great experience working with DCF and courts
Cons
Extremely heavy workload; unreasonable expectations
Wonderful people!
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  KansasDecember 5, 2015
I'm reading a lot of negativity and wanted to shed some light from my perspective. I am not a case worker. I have a degree in social work and work in the office. The people I work with on the therapy side are wonderful. I have never worked with more wonderful, caring people who genuinely care about your well-being, and my experience there for the past three years has been nothing but positive.
Pros
Flexibility, people, kids
Cons
Turnover
Unreasonable expectations of employees
case manager (Former Employee) –  KsNovember 21, 2015
This company expects phone calls and emails handled after office hours without appropriate compensation. Too much of the job is brought home and makes it hard to maintain a healthy private life. Often times you will have pto but be unable to use it due to work load.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Too much expected for compensation
Poor management, no support, agency favorites
Reintegration Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KsSeptember 29, 2015
Management is aware of issues within this organization and does nothing to make improvements. There are favorites within the company that they allow to transfer from job to job while not allowing others to transfer. They have offered up to $7,000 salary increases to staff to retain them. Management encourages work life balance but does not allow flexing time for salaried employees, nor do they assist in ensuring this balance occurs, staff are frequently at the office earlier and later than their supervisors. Management does not assist staff when asked. Management does not deal with perfoemance issuea and maintain poor performing staff. Staff are required to transport their kids when they are without placement, not on call resulting in many early mornings and late nights, often months at a time.

The atmosphere is negative, you will not rexowve positive feedback for your work or a job well done. Management will not support any decision made by their staff, management will not follow up with things discussed during dyad times or performance improvement meetings. Management will not accept responsibility for their shortcomings during performance improvement. If you are a new social worker you will not recieve any type of supervision. You must have prior experience and be competent in your profession to work for this agency, training is minimal and questions are answered by coworkers only who were also not trained.

The agency also pays out pto to some employees when they quit and not to others. Lots of gossip within the agency, don't share anything you don't want the entire
  more... office to know.  less
Pros
I loved the kids I worked with and most of my co-workers
Cons
No lunch breaks, long hours, no support, agency does not value personal life
Don't work for this company
therapist (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson KSJuly 22, 2015
They pile on more work on the employees who actually do their jobs and reward the people who don't do their jobs with extra help. I had a high case load averaging 60 cases. Then I got fired for complaining about my caseload and pay. Do not work for this place, directors say they are on your side but will stab you in the back the second you turn it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
everything else
Good beginning experience
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 21, 2015
Good experience for someone wanting to enter social services. Some positions only require HS diploma. On call is horrible esp for salary employees. Department to department fighting is bad and if a crisis happens look for departments/employees to not accept blame and look only out for themselves. Clicks can form in larger offices, smaller offices are neglected. Some upward movement potential. Try and stay away from workers who used to work with previous contractor. They like to complain because they now actually have to work and just cant play. Be accountable, do your work and you will succeed. It isn't horrible work, but more employees perception of what work is. Work is not just going and talking with your buddies, you actually have to apply yourself. Just don't get sucked in by others and you will fail and hate your job. stay on task, learn good organization skills, time management, and you will be able to better handle your work week, and crises that come up. It is also nice that you have a flexible schedule unless you have a micromanaging supervisor. Pay and benefits isn't bad but again this is social services and we don't do it to get rich.
Pros
Flexible schedule, coworkers, experience working with people
Cons
On Call, department to department fighting, clicks
Poor Management, Neopatism, Extreme Stress, Poor/Dangerious Work Enviroment
Primary Counselor (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSApril 11, 2015
Pretty much the heading says it all: But I'll go into further saying this is a horrible place to work for. Management clearly is not supportive of their employees and look upon them as a revenue expense, the neoportism that is in management is horrid and extremely unprofessional, it's not a safe place to work at all. You can work tirelessly for 12-13 hours on any given day, put your heart and soul into your work, and be there for the children, and management won't recognize you. Unless you are " one of the cool kids" don't expect on getting any sort of recognition by management or promotion. the pay is sub- standard not in line with industry standards or competeters standards (Yes this is supposed to be a faith based non-profit, but it is also a business.) on average the typical employee last about a year in this job, if it is a direct support or licensed professional. I lasted 3 years there, and that speaks droves, to being a senior direct care support. Like any job there are politics, but management wears there contempt for the governor on there's leaves and not afraid to share with rank an file 21 yr old direct care workers ( Which btw is the majority of their line staff) Don't get me wrong: I got along well with both staff and employees, but I am " old school" that works very hard and cares about what they did. management are dubious and will lie to your face on a regular basis. Do yourself a favor: and take a look at all other options before you submit your resume.
Pros
Most co- workers are fun to work with
Cons
Management, Politics, double standards
Not recommended!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS.March 15, 2015
Was not provided with a correct job description until after hired. They used my supervisors job description for hiring which only included half of the required job duties. Very high case loads and lots of traveling all over the state! Employees are extremely "clicky" and do not like or welcome new employees. Poor management hired on popularity not skills.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Non caring and unsupportive management, poor work environment, rude and disrespectful employees, low pay
Worst company ever!
FSW (Former Employee) –  SalinaJanuary 26, 2015
Mangers directors and supervisors don't know or understand there jobs! Customer care is a joke that is all based on a non professional environment. Human resources is not helpful and you do not get proper training.
Pros
Cons
Will use and abuse you for everything your worth
It was fun getting to know the Foster Kids.
Compliance Technician (Former Employee) –  Great Bend, KSMarch 11, 2014
A typical day at work was answering the phones, doing compliance paperwork, acting as 3RD party in case plans, filing and sending out letters.

I learned programs in Microsoft Office Systems, Microsoft Windows and putting documentation in the data base.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was the parents not completing their task on the Case Plans. Therefore the kids couldn't go home.

Was seeing the parents completing their task so the child / children could go home. I also enjoyed doing the paperwork.
Pros
Had the weekends off.
Cons
Didn't take too many breaks.